Decieving the Heart

بواسطة sarajepsweet

Wiping the tears with his thumb, he softly cupped my face to meet his . "Baby will you marry me." he whisper... المزيد

AUTHOR'S NOTE
CHAPTER I
CHAPTER II
CHAPTER III
CHAPTER IV
CHAPTER V
CHAPTER VI
CHAPTER VII
CHAPTER VIII
CHAPTER IX
CHAPTER X
CHAPTER 11 and 12
CHAPTER XIII
CHAPTER XIV
CHAPTER XV
CHAPTER XVI
CHAPTER XVII
CHAPTER XVIII
CHAPTER XIX
CHAPTER XX
CHAPTER XXI part 1( unedited)
CHAPTER XXII
CHAPTER XXIII
CHAPTER XXIV
CHAPTER XXV
CHAPTER XXVI
CHAPTER XXVII
CHAPTER XVIII
CHAPTER XXIX
CHAPTER XXX
CHAPTER XXXI
CHAPTER XXXII
CHAPTER XXXIII
CHAPTER XXXIV
CHAPTER XXXV
CHAPTER XXXVI
CHAPTER XXXVII
CHAPTER XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
CHAPTER XL
CHAPTER XLI
CHAPTER XLII
CHAPTER XLIII
CHAPTER XLIV
CHAPTER XLV
CHAPTER XLVI
CHAPTER XLVII
CHAPTER XLVIII
CHAPTER XLIX
CHAPTER L
CHAPTER LI
CHAPTER LII
CHAPTER LIII
chapter LIV
CHAPTER LV
Chapter LVI
CHAPTER LVII
CHAPTER LVIII

CHAPTER XXI Part 2

31 1 0
بواسطة sarajepsweet

PENELOPE'S POV

My heart crushed my chest as I hyperventilated. If something happened to Sophia it would be my fault, he was out to get me, why involve her.

"Here is your coffee" someone interrupted my racing thoughts by handing me a cup full of caffeine.

I looked up to find the most striking silver blue eyes. The same sensation as in the plane hit me. The scene replayed over and over in my head, Him giving me juice and the next thing I was out for almost the whole flight, unconscious. What saved me was that we were ten thousand feet up the air. Now I was grounded and alone. I eyed the coffee that now seemed like poison.

Standing up I did the only thing that I could with adrenaline pumping though my body. I slapped him right across his face. The resounding sound filled the room with deathly silence as people stopped their scrambling just to give us a second look before they got back to their complaining, They wouldn't save ME this was New York the city of minding your own fucking business.

My fight mode was over now it was flight.  I rushed out of the area before anything could be said or done. Making my way through the building earning some weird glances from security guards. I found myself in the washroom hiding like a coward.  Panicking I tried calling Sophia several times but It all went to voicemail. Nothing, I was stranded.

Getting a good look at myself in the mirror. I was out of breath my eyes were slightly bulged out and my hand was red. Damn, he had a strong jaw, It almost snapped my hand in two. Turning the tap I let the water ran over it. When it had cooled slightly, I splashed my face. The little makeup I had on was waterproof.

Standing up after one last dip, I met the angriest reflection in the world. I had no time to react before he pinned me across one of the walls and tightened his hand across my mouth. Did he even wash it? Disgusting!

The more he placed his weight on me the more it hurt but there was a tingling feeling crossing my body. Was I wrong that it felt right.

Motioning for me to shush up as he released me. My jaw hurt a bit but I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of seeing me whimper.

"Where is Sophia," I spat out.

"who?" a sly grin touching his mouth.

"My secretary, you retard" I slowly raised my voice.

"She's quite feisty you know,  put up such a fight." he let out a sickening grin before stepping back. My stomach twisted and I threw a punch at him square in the nose. "you bastard!" I screamed before running and  locking myself in one of the cubicle when he weakened in pain.

However, it didn't take time before he banged the door violently, then everything went still. I knew he hadn't left since I could still see his shadow standing next to the door then it moved.  Getting on my knees, I saw him checking out his nose it was bleeding pretty badly, I felt guilty I am not the violent type, but he deserved it. Shortly after an elderly woman who just got out of one of the cubicles chased him out screaming and cussing  while I tried to muffle my laughter.

Getting out of the washroom, I grabbed my bag and found him leaning not too far from the bathroom entrance. With a handkerchief on his nose. I stood by the door just in case things got ugly again.

"Where is she" I asked again with more confidence since the security guard wasn't far. I know, I know I'm such a coward.

Hearing him sigh "I sent Francis to take her home when she complained she didn't have a ride."

That's sounds like her but things weren't adding up. "You're lying." I said a little louder earning the guards attention

"Partially, sweetheart I need you to sigh some papers then I'll let her go." He checked his reflection on his phone.

"That's blackmail." I said softly eyes dropping while I bit my lips nervously.

" I've found out your quite accustomed to them," moving  away from the door, I let out a shaky sigh 'just a few' I told myself.

I approached him wearyingly, digging through my bag I took out some pocket tissues. It's the least I could do after hitting him. I never knew I had such a great swing .He seemed hesitant at first but I took first aid classes in high school so at least I had some idea. I leaned close and started wiping the blood away till he stopped bleeding. Taking my clean handkerchief, I dipped in water from the drinking fountain and wiped his upper lip. The whole time he had this blank expression.

"Just a few" I breathed out.

He nodded when I was done.

"Sorry for your nose...." I tried to apologize but he spun on his heels and walked away while I still followed him. He went up a few stories while he checked himself on the elevator glass.

This time, I didn't sit in an open waiting room but an office. I guess I did look like I would escape. There was a vending machine and I was hungry like hell. Going there I slipped in five dollars and got a can of cherry cola and a granola bar. This would have to do. I was starving and sunshine was nowhere in sight.

While leaning across the machine a secretary passed by and I accidentally bumped into her. Stacks of paper that she carried toppled and scattered the floor. We picked them up the papers while she scowled at me. She was pretty old and ready to slap the shit out of me. The last paper however held me in a trance before she snatched it. It was a marriage certificate. And if I wasn't mistaking  it had both my names. I laughed it out I must be seeing things , then it hit me when she entered the same office I was, I was dead.

It took me about a minute to cool down. Today must be one of those bad days, at this rate ill be dead from a stroke before the day ends. So this was the big surprise, being shoved into a civil marriage it never crossed my mind well it should I just was a witness to one,  I should probably go get my witnesses. A few papers my foot that was like I was signing my whole life away. I had no other choice, he got me where he wanted. I got back to the office only to take a seat since my head was spinning.

I don't even remember when he got back with my family lawyer and an unknown man. Who I presumed was his lawyer. Mr Smith didn't even spare me a glance. I probably would have cried out for help but he was like my father's closest confidant, I wouldn't be surprised if he was the one who came up with the idea. However, my mind was only on one figure sitting beside me with his hand on mine. To numb to feel anything that's how bad I was.

Shortly the officiant entered and continued what I presumed was the marriage rights. I never heard everything till he noticed my stoic expression."We do understand that the both of you are getting married on your own free will."

Tristan looked my way, calculative eyes accessing my look. I knew saying no will mean I lose my company. Taking a small shaky breathe I said "yes" as I smiled gently

Satisfied the officiant continued to what my mind never registered. if he was thinking that he would make my life hell then maybe I should do him the pleasure of being the devil herself. I'll get everyone starting with that smart talking parasite Mr. Smith.

Rage boiling inside me, I didn't even flinch when the papers were placed before me. I took a good look at them passed them to my lawyer and glared at him till he squirmed in his seat, he looked at them and passed them back without giving me a second glance. The witnesses were our lawyers of course while I proceeded to  sign the prenup and the marriage documents shortly after.

 Soon after, we were declared husband and wife. The lawyers seemed contempt with everything as Tristan and I left the office.

"I guess dense women are your type after all." I taunted him as we left the building. The scowl on his face deepened showing he didn't expect I would be this civil.

I spotted the car but Francis was nowhere in sight.  Getting in he was pissed. I knew I had to drive him over the edge. Tapping my hand against the dash board I tried to distract myself from looking at him and possibly causing an accident while at it. Something was missing as I kept tapping my hand away.

"Where's my ring." I inquired with a little bit of enthusiasm.

He reached with one hand into his pocket and got out a simple band.

" You need to place it on my finger." I waved my ring finger at him.

"You have hands don't you." If the cold remark was meant to flip my mood then he got another thing coming.

Rising my left hand in front of me I performed the ring ceremony on myself. And with each vow passing over each finger I promised to put an end to this. I'll survive for the company, my mother and for the  love I feel for Melki. I gently placed it on my ring finger. Marking  the beginning to the most miserable six months of his life.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

188K 6.3K 52
As much as Kimberly Astor hated to admit it, she had a slight problem. Okay, so it was theoretically a major problem, but it wasn't entirely her faul...
71.6K 1.6K 42
Completed | First draft | cliche | unedited Book 1 - can be read as a standalone. • • • K-I-S-S-I-N-G First comes love, Then comes marriage, Then...
8.5M 199K 101
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...
5.2M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...