Spotlight Rivals

By Victoria_Swift13

Sixteen year old,Jane Victoria Swift has the life of a star, being the daughter of the famous Taylor Swift. S... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Jake Valore Sheeran
Chapter 3: Sleepover?

Chapter 2: The Confession

55 5 1
By Victoria_Swift13

Sorry for that last cliffhanger, actually not really. HAHAHAHA LOL. But seriously I love you guys,

Hope you enjoy the new chap!

Over on the multimedia section is the picture Carrie Underwood as Victoria on her little dinner with Jake, Alex Pettyfer.

Taylor's new song just over there! ---------->

----------------------------------

Jake's P.O.V

I might have been a little TOO rough on her. As soon as I said those four words, I saw Victoria glaring at me.

Then turned around and disappeared in the crowd. The audience were screaming for us, yelling some stupid random stuff.

But my mind was only fixed in one tiny problem. Her. Gods, when I first saw her, after what? 10, 11 years? I dunno.

But seeing her now was surprising.

When my dad told me about it at first I was like, "Yeah, yeah sure, as long as my friends come, whatever", and my dad just rolled his eyes at that. Now? I didn't expect her to change at all.

I mean, she had always been the popular one in school- but that was because of her mom- she was, like the star-student.

Little Miss Goody Two-Shoes. In this school I've heard rumors about her being the "Queen of Berkeley".

She was famous, popular, she's one of the Mean Girls in her own way. Not saying its a bad thing. It's just, she even LOOKS different now.

In Elementary school, she was the laughingstock of the school, because of her braces and two piggy ponytails.

Can you imagine that same girl in senior school, popular, pretty and just brilliant? Her hair is a beautiful waterfall of cascading golden curls, her eyes, sparkling blue like the sky or the calm sea.

She even wore makeup, making her look even more stunning. If you're thinking that I'm falling for her, I would've laughed at that years ago.

I was the bully in her class.

Everyday I would make fun of her braces, her pigtails and her flouncy dress. Thinking on it now, I just couldn't bring myself to laugh at the memory like I usually do. Things change Jake, my dad once told me. So does she.

I finished the song to the crowd's applause. I got off the stage, put my guitar down and searched for Victoria.

I searched everywhere. The Library was closed, locked. All the classrooms were. The gym was deserted.

The cafeteria was empty. I searched the parking lot for her car, which my dad pointed out for me, is a red Lamborghini.

I looked around for it. No red Bumble-Bees anywhere, except for mine which BTW is black. I sighed, frustrated.

Then my phone rang. I pulled my iPhone out. There, with Don't playing for the ring tone, was my dad's tour picture with Ms. Swift. I picked up and put the phone to my ear. "What is it dad?" I asked impatiently.

"Come home, now. We're going to have dinner with someone tonight" he said.

"Yay! What, are we going to have dinner with Nicki Minaj? Rihanna? Oh, maybe with One Direction?" I asked sarcastically.

I could almost imagine him shaking his head in disbelief.

"You hate their songs Jake. Much more THEM" he sighed.

I rolled my eyes.

"Then who is it?"

"It's a surprise. You wouldn't want to come to this dinner if you knew who she was" he answered with a bored voice.

"She? Wait- Dad, she's not one of your GIRLFRIENDS, right?" I asked, my curiosity spiking.

"What?! N-no! Th-that's stupid Jake! Sh-she's just a friend, okay?" he stammered nervously.

I chuckled at his discomfort.

"Is she blonde or-"

"Jake Valore Sheeran! This is business! Now come home now or I'll-"

I cut him off.

"Fine, fine. Be there in..." I checked my watch. "15" I finished.

I hung up and headed to my car.

I unlocked the car and went inside. Turning on the engine, I drove home.

I got out of my car and handed the guy my car keys for valet service. I'm at the hotel I was staying in. I grabbed my bag and immediately entered the hotel. I went up to my hotel room- no. Hotel Suite. I found my dad talking on the phone.

"Taylor- I know, it's just I'm really busy and- huh. No wonder. Yeah, anyway how's your new song? Going great? Yeah, OK see you". Then he hung up.

He looked at me. I raised my eyebrow. He shook his head and pointed at the bathroom saying, "Get ready in five minutes." I rolled my eyes. And went inside the bathroom for a quick wash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Victoria's P.O.V

I looked at my reflection for what seems like the one hundredth time this evening. I was wearing a black short-skirt dress, with matching black earings and black heeled-boots to complete the look. I know right? All black. My hair is curled up into place as I added a last touch of make-up. I picked up my red bracelet and clasped it around my wrist. Done. "Mom! I'm ready!" I called out to my mom. She appeared in the doorway. She looked stunning with her red dress and red heels and red earings. She beamed at me. "You look amazing my little girl!". I raised my eyebrow. "Mom, I'm not a little girl anymore." She laughed. "I know. I know." I rolled my eyes. She chuckled and grabbed her purse ( if you're wondering what color is it, it's red). "Let's go then. We wouldn't want to keep our guest waiting do we?"she asked.

____________________________________________

"Mom! How long do we have to wait for them?" I groaned. We're at Eleven Madison Park, A.K.A the restaurant we're supposed to meet the 'Special' guest. She looked around nervously. I've never seen her look like this before. I looked at her. She was looking right to left, checking her silver watch every now and then. What's all that about?  

"Sorry Taylor. Got a little stuck on traffic. And paparazzi's. And Jake was in the bathroom for a little TOO long." a man's voice said.

I whipped my head around, and gasped.

I found Ed Sheeran smiling down at my mom, looking dishevelled and HOT.  Standing beside him is Jake. He was wearing a white button down shirt with a black jacket over and a white tie and matching black jeans, making his eyes and pale blond hair show out. Worse, though, me and him had a perfect clothing match.

My mom stood up and hugged Mr.Sheeran. She looked at Jake and raised her eyebrows. Jake politely held out his hand for a hand-shake. My mom smiled and accepted it. I was still in shock as Jake held out his hand for me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jake's P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      I held out my hand for her. She just looked at me with her mouth agape in shock. I smirked at her and that seems to snap her out of her trail of thoughts.

She gave me a forced smile and took my hand. I pulled her up from her chair and she just looked confused. I looked at my dad. He nodded, gesturing me to take Victoria to the garden outside. My dad and her mom wanted to talk about something private; business.

At least I can apologize, I thought.

  I nodded politely at Ms.Taylor and pulled Victoria out to the garden.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "Why did you bring me here?" Victoria asked.

I took a deep breath of the fresh cold air. It was nearing December already so winter is coming soon. I looked at Victoria. She looked beautiful tonight.

  She was wearing the outfit her mom used on her Speak Now album concert, Long Live. The black dress barely reached her knee, but her boots covered up most of her legs. She'd applied a little black eyeshadow, some pink blush and a touch of lipstick. 

I was still drooling over her when I realized she was shivering. She wrapped her arms around herself and glared at me.

"Can I get in now?" She asked.

I snapped back to reality and started to take off  my jacket.  She looked at me, puzzled, but then she realized what I intended to do. I stepped forward to wrap my jacket around her shoulders but she took a step back with her arms out, preventing me so.

"No! No way, am I accepting the "precious" honor of wearing Sir Jake's jacket." She said sarcastically,  while making air quotes with her fingers.

"What?" I looked at her, puzzled.

Then I remembered the times I bullied her, back in kindergarten in Long Island Sound. I remembered the times I made her cry. I remembered the times I wanted her attention.

I liked her.

That's why I bullied her, that's why I teased her. Because I had a major crush on her. I bullied her partly to prove that I don't like her, partly to get her attention.

Well, the planned worked.

Kinda.

She hated me, and of course, everyone thought I didn't like her. I wanted to stop bullying her, but it was too late. In Year 1 she moved to Manhattan, leaving me to regrett all the things I've done to her.  And all I've wanted to do is apologize to her.

Now I've got that chance.

But is she willing to forget the past and forgive me?

And am I ready to deal with a whole new level, just to get her?

That's something I will have to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Victoria's P.O.V

___________________

       I looked at Jake. He looked down, remembering what he'd done to me. Those 6 years of my life, were the worst ones of my entire life.

I took a shaky deep breath. "Jake, just leave me alone."

He looked up. His eyes show pain. Wait. Pain?

He shook his head. "I- I just- I'm sorry." He whispered. 

I gasped and took a step back.

He took a deep breath and looked away from me. He faced me. "Vic, all those times I teased you, bullied you. I did that because I liked you. I- I-" His cheeks turned red a bit as he looked away. I couldn't help but think that he's a little cute like that. He looked at me straight in the eyes and said,"I have a crush on you."

Continue Reading