Witness

De zuhmyruh

"Okay let's make a deal." He says while walking closer to me. "Let's see if you can break down the bad boy's... Mais

Important
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41

Chapter 21

545 30 23
De zuhmyruh

I woke up with a smile on my face.

Today was gonna be a good day, I'm already claiming it.

I'm doing my special.

Matthew is going to see me at church.

It's going to be a great service.

I get up from my bed and take a shower then brush my teeth. After that, I put on a high-low floral dress that was pink and a white skirt underneath. My mom forced me to wear it because I haven't worn it since she bought it for me but I honestly hate pink.

But since it's a good day, I'm not going to let it distract me.

When I walk downstairs I make breakfast for everyone. "Thank you, my favorite daughter." My dad says when I place his plate of food down in front of him.

"I'm your only daughter, dad."

"Which is why you're my favorite daughter and Axel is my favorite son."

"Whatever makes you feel better about yourself." Axel laughs.

Ten minutes later, we finish eating and drive to church. We walk inside and I bump into someone. The person steadies me and I look up to notice Parker. He's wearing a dark blue suit with a burgundy tie. In the pocket of his suit jacket was a cream colored handkerchief.

"I don't think your boyfriend is gonna like how you're looking at me right now." He chuckles and takes a step back. People walk in and we greet them.

We walk to the breakfast bar. "Where'd you get that suit? I'm pretty sure I didn't buy that one for you." I get us a donut and sit down.

"Actually, I bought it not too long ago." Parker takes a piece of my donut and winks.

I smack his hand and take my donut.

"Don't you dare touch a girl's food."

He shakes his head and stands up, "coffee?"

My face turns into disgust and I shake my head. "Orange Juice is fine, make sure you get the one that has Vitamin D in it."

Parker makes his coffee and pours me a cup of orange juice. "How's everything going, medically?"

"Well, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and have Foot Drop. Every week I have Physical Therapy and that's going pretty well."

"That's good, what about medications?"

"I take Vitamin D pills because you know, milk is disgusting, and my infusions are going well."

He nods his head. "So let's say you had a relapse again, what do you do?"

"Go to the hospital, well pray first of course."

He nods his head and we walk to the sanctuary for prayer.

After praise and worship we do offering and I walk on stage. When I'm on stage I go to the piano and play my song. The rest of the band joins in as I play Way Maker.

You are here
Moving in our midst
I worship you
I worship you
You are here
Working in this place
I worship you
I worship you
Way maker
Miracle worker
Promise keeper
Light in the darkness
My God
That is who you are.

Even when I don't see it, You're working
Even when I don't feel it, You're working
You never stop, You never stop working

I finish singing and everyone starts clapping. I walk down the steps and take my seat. Looking around, I try to find Matthew but he's nowhere to be seen.

Maybe he went to the bathroom.

Thirty minutes pass.

I'm trying so hard to pay attention to the preaching but I was upset. Maybe I shouldn't have been, he probably has a reasonable answer as to why he couldn't make it.

But I was still upset.

He promised me he would be here.

Church finishes and I greet everyone. I walk up to Parker and Blake. "How did I do?"

Blake is the first one to say something. "Emizzle, you did so amazing, so many people were worshipping with you, dude!" I let out a laugh and my attention is at Parker now.  He smirks, "kind of bummed because you didn't throw up but you did pretty good."

One of my eyebrows raise. "Pretty good?"

"Really good, you did great." I tell them both thank you. Blake walks away so he could talk to others.

My phone vibrates and I unlock it.

From: Matt
I'm so sorry, I had to do something important. I'll make it up to you, promise.

"Don't let him stress you out."

A sigh escaped from my lips, "I know, it's just.. he promised."

Parker nods in understanding. "As much as I dislike the guy, give him a chance to explain. Now, on another note, why are you wearing pink? I thought you hated that color."

"Hate is a strong word, I just prefer not to wear it."

My family, Joy, and Blake steps outside, we all walk to our car and they get inside.

"Lunch?" My dad asks and two seconds later we all agree.

After discussing where we wanted to go, we all meet up at IHOP. Luckily, not many people were there so we got a table pretty quickly.

The waitress comes to the table and starts to order our drinks. "And what would you like?" She asks Parker with a giggle and I almost gag.

He looks through the menu and smiles at the girl. "I'll have a Tropical Island Twist, thanks love."

Wink.

She instantly heats up. "Looks like you got a crush there, hun." Joy tells him and he chuckles.

Blake nudges me and when I turn to him I see his smirk. "Jealous?"

"No!" I say quietly. He holds up quotation marks with his fingers, "okay."

Before she could come back and order our food my dad looks at me. I ask him what was wrong and he speaks up. "Emily, you're not ordering the cheesecake pancakes."

My heart shattered.

"Why?" I ask him with a pout. "You eat too much cheesecake, other foods exist, you know?"

Everyone at the table agrees and I slouch in my seat with my arms crossed.

When she gets back everyone orders their food.

"I'll get the Cheeseburger Omelette."

Hah! They thought I couldn't order anything cheesecake related.

"I'll have the New York Cheesecake Pancakes, extra strawberries."

Parker.

That idiot!

Twenty minutes later, our food arrives. My family starts clapping and I hear multiple:

"Thank you Jesus!"

"God you are so good!"

Then there was Axel who started speaking in tongues, which wasn't really speaking in tongues, all he did was spell Coke backwards and said "should of bought a Hyundai".

Dad leads us in prayer. I'm about to take a bite of my omelette when Parker taps on me and asks me to take a picture of him eating his food.

"No, leave me alone."

"Is that your final answer?"

The look on his face was challenging, it basically said "You're gonna regret it if you say yes."

We both had a stare down. I kept telling myself I wasn't going to give in, but seconds later I grab his phone. It wasn't until after I took the picture when I realized his lock screen was a picture of him and me. It was the picture from his birthday where he forced me to take a picture with him. His grin showed his dimple and I looked like an idiot with my stupid laugh.

He thanks me and glances at me as he eats his eggs. A smirk appears when he realizes I keep glancing at his phone.

For the remainder of lunch we all just talked and joked around. The waitress comes to our table and hands some of us a to-go box. She leans down and whispers something to Parker.

The girl honestly sucks at whispering because I'm pretty sure we all could hear her say, "can I please have your number?"

Parker writes a number down on a napkin and hands it to her. She giggles and we all get up to leave. I was honestly confused, the number he gave her wasn't even his, it said 877- 227- 4669.

"J.G Wentworth." He says to me, probably noticing how confused I was.

Realization hit me when he said that. "You did not."

He laughs, "877 Cash Now."

"Parker, that's so mean!" I try to yell at him but end up laughing. Parker just shrugs and we start walking out the restaurant. Parker stops and I look at where he's staring.

There, at a table, was Matthew eating with a girl. They were both laughing at something he said.

"Parker, let's go." I pull at his arm but he doesn't move one bit. I take a look at him and notice his playful eyes were now dark and his jaw was tightened in anger.

"Emily, how can you just not say anything?"

"Please Parker, I don't want to ruin a good day."

He hesitates but he's finally convinced. We finally make it to the car.

"Okay, I'll see you guys tonight.. and next door in like ten minutes." Axel says.

I open up the car door. "Emily," Parker says before I get in the car, "pink isn't that bad on you, you should wear it more often."

What the heck?

How can this guy be so angry one moment and then compliment me at random?

"T-thank you, Parks."
~~~~~~~~
Monday morning rolls around and I claim that today is gonna be a great day.

You know, because a small part of yesterday kinda backfired.

I do the usual. Take shower. Get dressed. Brush teeth. Eat. Leave for school.

When I get to school I immediately look for Matthew.

The doof was nowhere to be found.

While looking for him, I bump into someone. "I'm so sorry!" I apologize to the girl who was now on the floor.

I put my hand out so she could grab it and get up.

She looked so familiar.

Her curly brown hair was in a bun. She was wearing a black dress with white vans. I notice her light brown eyes and that's when I realize who she was. 

"It's fine."

The girl looks at me and her eyes widen. Suddenly, she pulls me over to the corner.

"Are you the girl who helped me that night?" She whispers and I nod my head. "Thank you so much, oh my gosh."

I wanted to cry. Bro I'm such a sap.

"You were in danger, I needed to help you. Are you doing okay?" I ask her while looking around.

"I'm doing better, thank God. I'm Kalani Marie, by the way."

I give her a smile. "Emily Watson, nice to meet you." She hugs me and when we break apart she points to someone, "and that would be my boyfriend, Leo."

A tall, light skin boy appears from behind her. He smiles at me, "hey, I'm Leo." Kalani looks at him as if she's waiting for more.

"We're saying last names too?" His girlfriend hits his arm and he smirks. "My name's Torres, Leo Torres."

"Emily Watson, I would do it in the whole James Bond way but I'm not that corny." Kalani laughs and gives me a high five. "Yup, I can definitely see us being friends."

Before the bell rings I get their number. First bell approaches and I still have yet to see my boyfriend.

In the middle of our test, a girl walks into the class.

The same girl who was with Matthew the other day.

"Class, this is Gabby Smith, she is transferring from Pennsylvania." Everyone greets her and she gives the class a sweet smile and takes the seat next to me.

What in the world should I say?

Hey, you're the girl who was hanging out with my boyfriend!

Or maybe

Have you seen Matthew?

I ignore it and continue my test.

Class finishes and I get up from my seat. Gabby grabs onto me and smiles. "Hey, what's your name?"

"Emily, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." She eyes me up and down and I can't help but feel uncomfortable.

Lord, I know I shouldn't judge someone so soon but I have a feeling I'm not going to like her at all.

"Hey Gabby!" Matthew says while walking closer. He realizes I'm there too, "and Emily!"

"You know her?" Gabby asks and my eyebrow raises. "Yeah, she's my.." Why is he taking so long to answer?

"Girlfriend, I'm his girlfriend." I finish up for him.

It was really awkward so I start to walk to my next class. "It was great meeting you, I hope you enjoy your day. Matthew, I'll talk to you later."

I wanted to cry.

Matthew made it so obvious that he didn't want to mention me as his girlfriend, but why?
~~~~~~~~
"Emily!"

I turn around and notice Matthew running to me. He hugs me and gives me a kiss on the cheek. "What's wrong?" He asks when he notices my face.

"Don't you think I at least deserve an explanation after you stood me up?"

"Gabby is my childhood best friend, I couldn't make it to your service because she needed help with settling in."

I give him an unsure look.

"Babe, are you mad at me?"

I sigh then look at him. "I'm not mad, I'm just.. I'm just upset, that's all."

He nods in understanding then continues, "you know I wouldn't intentionally hurt you."

"Yeah, I know you wouldn't but it hurt when you didn't make it to service and then on top of that I saw you with her at IHOP." After I said that I slapped my head. I wasn't supposed to mention that.

"You saw that? I'm such an idiot."

"You are."

He laughs, "you weren't supposed to agree with me." I shrug my shoulders, can't take it back now.

Matthew tries to convince me to hang out with him and I agree. We both get in his car and he drives off.
~~~~~~~~~~
Told y'all I wouldn't leave for a couple months and come back like nothing happened.

Here's another chapter.

GUYS WE ARE AT 3.26K READS!!!! I LovE YALLLLLLL.

Thank you so much for your support <3

Don't forget to show some love by voting and commenting!

Stay blessed.

Not Edited.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

1.7K 55 18
Jordy feels like she has met the love of her life and everything is almost as if taken out of a fairytale, especially after Archer Finn confronts her...
20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
Black & White De Ali Cher

Ficção Adolescente

112K 3K 43
A story, in which a typical teenage girl falls for the school's bad boy. Except, she's not that typical and he's not that much of a bad boy. *** "If...
1.5M 53.6K 54
Highest rankings: Break-up: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche romance: #1 (23rd November 2019) Cliche: #1 (11th May 2020) Cheesy romance: #2 (20th May 2...