Untill My Last Breath ✅

Von SophisticatedDoc

Ordinary plain Amal knows better than to fall for the obnoxious Casanova Kamal, she refuses to be one of the... Mehr

Author's Note
Pilot
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
In Re: Chapter Ten
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Author's note
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Author's Note
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Author's note
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Author's note
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Fourty
Swan Song

Chapter Sixteen

810 119 24
Von SophisticatedDoc

Because it was the cold season, Amal was head over heels with hot tea: if not for anything, for the sizzling warmth it transmits to her body.
Amal and Kamal were in their sitting room, alone as usual: cuddled into each other. The room heater giving the atmosphere a warm conducive feel. They were watching a food contest.
Amal eased herself away from Kamal, she stood and went to the kitchen.

"Kamal" she called from within the kitchen.

"Na'am" Kamal answered

"I'm making tea, will you care for a cup?" She asked. Amal knew substantively what Kamal's answer would be.

Being Kamal's wife, Amal had learned the hard way a couple of things about Kamal. One amongst was: when ever she wanted to make a cup of tea and asked Kamal if he wanted one, he goes like 'hmm i don't think so': and she'll go ahead to make her self a cup, then Kamal will convincingly want to have a sip of her tea. If only he will just have a sip, but no, Kamal will make sure he finishes the tea with her: taking almost three quarters of it. Every single time.

Initially Amal thought that was Kamal's way of annoying her but subsequently she realized he had no idea he was doing that. So Amal had made it her little amusement to ask him if he wanted tea and waited for him to say 'no'. It always made her chuckle and it never seem to get old. The fact that Kamal didn't know she made fun of him on that only makes it better.
She waited for his reply.

"Tea?" Kamal asked from the sitting room

"Yes Kamal, tea. Do you want some?" Amal replied, she was on the verge of laughter but she maintained "wait for it Amal" she told herself silently.

"Hmmm no, i'm good" Kamal replied, very sure he didn't want any.

Amal almost leaped for victory, she had won again. She laughed silently in her sleeve at his unawareness.
She was done laughing, Amal sort out a big mug from the cabinet, she had long learned to use the bigger mugs.

She came back to the sitting room, a mug in her hand. She smiled jovially at Kamal before she took a sit beside him.

"Why are you smiling?" Kamal asked suspicious
She laughed

"So now Kamal do i need a reason to be happy in my own house?" She replied as he placed the mug on the center piece. She leaned forward and kissed Kamal gently on the cheek.
"What did i miss on the show?" She asked him.

"Your guy is loosing" Kamal announced happily

"No" Amal almost screamed "he made that thing with avocado" She enunciated sadly and Kamal laughed.

"That thing? You dont even know the name. My guy made sauced pan-sautéed steak with french fries, he's definitely winning i tell you" Kamal said confidently as he made to pick up the mug on the center piece, he sipped the tea.
Amal smiled silently to herself.

"This tea is good" he complimented, he took another sip.

"Yes Kamal it is good, like i ever make a bad tea" Amal said "I should be on this cooking show" she added and Kamal turned slowly to look at her, astonishment registered in his face.

"What Kamal, my cooking is not good enough for a cooking contest?" She asked staring notoriously at Kamal.

Amal was an average cook, a good cook even but to think her cooking will make it to a cooking contest? That was exaggerating.
Kamal didn't want to think of what Amal would do if he answered negatively, he choose his words.

"I love your cooking, love" Kamal said, smiling.

"But its not good enough for a cooking contest?" She bickered

"Who said it cant be" Kamal tried to divert "i mean most of these renowned chefs started somewhere" he nodded convincingly at her and sipped yet again at her tea.
Amal was not buying it, Kamal had just placed her cooking and he was going to dance to the music.

"Now, give me my tea" she bawled, yanking away the mug from Kamal: almost spilling the tea on him.

"Ha!" Kamal exclaimed "what's wrong with you, what did i do?"

Amal eyed him leaving his side, she settled on the far end of the sofa, distance away from him
"Me? Nothing" she said "you? Everything"

"What about the cuddling" Kamal took a high chance considering he had just pissed off his wife

Amal turned to look at him, barefaced: then she took a pillow and threw hard at him
"Here" she said "cuddle this, it doesn't hate you right now and it probably wont hit you in the chest like I'm tempted to" she added

"And the tea?" He dared asked and Amal turned gravely at him, the kind of look that gives him chills

"You say what Kamal?" She challenged, daring him clearly with her eyes. She desperately hoped he will fall for her dare. One of these days, she thought: one of these days she would definitely murder someone in that house.

"Nothing" Kamal replied cautiously, he took the safe route.

"I thought so" Amal said and she continued to sip her tea, alone this time.
She could see Kamal staring at her from the corner of her eye, she refused to acknowledge him.

* * *
Amal sat at the shade in the university parking lot. She glanced at her wrist watch and hissed. She had been waiting for almost thirty minutes: Kamal was late to pick her up again, for the second time this week. She stamped her feet impatiently on the ground.
She could get home herself but Kamal had made it very clear to her he didn't want her taking a taxi or a rickshaw home, what if something happens to her on the way? He said, she didn't see him walking with her all day, what if something should happen to her right now? she thought sarcastically.
Nothing ever happens, she just had a paranoid husband.

She sort out her phone from her tote bag and started to read a new chapter from a novel on wattpad. Soon, to her dismay the chapter ended and she hissed again: this author should broaden on her chapters, she thought and she wrote that on the comments section: but on second thought: thinking about how the author has a life herself and is actually trying writing, should be appreciated, no matter how short the chapter was. She erased her previous comment and wrote a comment on the positivity of the chapter.

Almost an hour and Kamal still did not show up, by then Amal was fuming furiously.

When Kamal finally showed up, Amal had been waiting for more than a hour. He pulled up close to where she was sitting, legs crossed.
"I'm so sorry I'm late" Kamal apologized sincerely when he came to her.

"Hmmm" Amal said as she stood and walk past him to the car, he hurried to hold the door for her. Kamal never lets his wife open a door, whatever door it is: he always holds it for her.

Kamal was already bothered by the silence in the car on the drive home. Amal refused to say a word, not even to complain. Amal was mad at him and it wasn't even his fault he was late.

Kamal sighed heavily and started to initiate a conversation
"The office was hectic, I tried to get out earlier but..." he shook his head then he continued "and i met the traffic on the road, the rush hour is so bad"

"Hmmm" Amal hemmed, Kamal turned and looked at her: her face was cold in her sulkiness, her mouth was moulded into a pout. He swallowed intemperately.
Amal didn't want to talk, then so be it. He let her be, he was silent too through the remaining drive.

As soon as they arrived home, Amal had spurted out of the car without even waiting for Kamal to come hold the door for her. She had banged the door shut and went inside the house.
Kamal shook his head disapproving and followed inside.

Amal had dropped her bag on the dinning when Kamal entered and she tend to go inside the room, he stood in her way, preventing her from walking a step further.

She raised her eyes up and looked at him questionably.

"I said i was sorry" Kamal apologized, Amal pretended not to hear: she tried to push him out of her way but Kamal didn't budge a bit.

"Get out of my way, Kamal" she said

"I said i was sorry" again he apologized

"Two times in a week?" Amal asked

"It has been a busy week at work, i told you that" Kamal explained

"Then let me get back home myself" Amal started loosing her temper "i know how to get home myself, i know how to do that even before you married me Kamal" she yelled.

Kamal maintained absolute decorum.

"If you haven't noticed yet Kamal, you're just behaving like Umma, worrying unnecessarily about what will happen to me on the road alone and nothing has happened to me anywhere in a long time. My God you need to chill a little" Amal stopped and then she continued "for crying out loud Kamal i'm not a baby and i dont need you baby sitting me"

Now Kamal spoke, and he did calmly
"I'm not baby sitting you Amal, and I didn't say you cant take care of yourself or go out alone"

"Ok what did you say Kamal?" Amal asked, hands akimbo.

"I asked you to learn how to drive and you wouldn't, I refuse to let my wife use public transport" he reminded her.

"God" Amal exasperated "I thought we were over that discussion"

"Is anything ever over with you?" Kamal exploded, he too was beginning to loose it.

"What?" Amal retaliated "Ok you are draining me right now Kamal, and i dont need this. I need space" she said as she started to stomp to the room

"You said you need space?" Kamal asked and she turned and glared at him. He picked up his car keys and began walking to the door.

"Where do you think you are going Kamal?" Amal asked almost shouting

"I'm draining you and you need space, you said" he replied

"Where are you going?" She asked again, this time with a slight calmness

"Somewhere, anywhere: just not here" he said and went out.

"Kamal" Amal called after him, but Kamal was long gone.

Amal was left standing in the sitting room alone, she heard Kamal's car screeched out of the house.
She slipped helplessly into the sofa, and painfully she closed her eyes.

At first she wasn't worried nor was she at all remorseful, Kamal started what ever this was, he bought it. If he had not kept her waiting, two days in a row: then this wouldn't have happened at all. But he had kept her and thus.
She went about her chores, soon it was maghrib: she began to get worried. For one thing: since they got married five months ago, Kamal had never stayed out after Maghrib, where ever he went or was: he made sure he prayed Maghib and isha'i together with his wife: those are good times Amal always looks forward to, praying to their Lord, together. It was a good feeling, of belonging, of satisfaction: another caliber of love.
It was skyscrapers.
He was going to get back home soon, she thought hopefully to herself.

Amal finished dinner and lay out the dishes on the dinning table, then she went to shower: taking her time all through.
She sat on her dresser, in her towel rubbing slowly into her skin, a fair amount of cream. She was trying so hard not to think of Kamal or where he was at that moment.

May be she should call him since he had decided not to call, but on second thoughts: why would she? He was the one who initiated all this and he was the one who had left the house instead of staying and dealing. She let the thought slide.

The clock chimed 8:00pm, still Kamal was not home: also not even a phone call from him. By now, Amal was pacing impulsively around the room: phone in hand.

Was Kamal waiting for her to call and apologize for snapping at him? By all indications he was. Well, Amal thought, she was going to call him but not to apologize.
She searched his contact in her call log 'Him' was the name she saved for Kamal. Amal thought she should change the name to 'Kamal, the draining husband', now that will be better. She would do that later, right then she had to call her draining husband.
She dialed his number.

Kamal didn't pick up immediately, his hesitation only vexed Amal more. In her head while the phone kept ringing, she pictured Kamal staring at his phone, at her call and not picking up.
Someone had a death wish, she fancied angrily.

"Hey" Kamal's teasing voice called over the phone. Amal smiled leisurely to herself on hearing the voice of her beloved husband but then she instantly refreshed her memory on the state of affairs. She cast a facial expression: surly, as if Kamal was right there to witness her surliness.

"Hey" she replied undertone

Kamal waited, Amal had called him, she might as well start talking.
"Are you ever going to say something or what Amal?" He asked when he noticed the silence continuous.

"Where are you?" Amal asked

"Somewhere" Kamal replied and Amal wanted to scream. Kamal could be so annoyingly tyke if he wants too and God knows she didn't have the patience to entertain his puerileness then.
She was quite for a bit, then she heard Kamal's brother Mukhtar from the background. So he was at Mami's house, she concluded triumphantly.

"When are you coming home" Amal asked over the phone

"When ever you want me to come back" Kamal replied

"Seriously Kamal, Stop" Amal negotiated "lets not do this please"

Kamal agreed
"Fine, I'll be home soon" he announced

"Soon?" Amal response was edgy "how soon?"

"Amal, dear wife" Kamal mused "do you miss me that much?" He joked

"Kamaaaal" she almost screamed, but yes she did miss him, his presence that much.

"Ok ok, I'll be on my way right now" Kamal said "Mukhtar says hi" he added

"Oh ok, tell him i say hi too" she replied "drive safely"

Ok, Amal thought: the phone call went better than expected. Seemed like Kamal wasn't mad at her, she shrugged her shoulders. She disputed herself if to pray isha'i or wait for her husband, to pray with him. She would wait for him, she decided: after all, they always pray together.

She and stood from the dresser, she walked to the wardrobe.
Kamal loves when she wears white or black lingerie, they were his best colors on her and also, they were effective. She smiled.

She took out a white Victoria's Secrets from her lingerie collection, she wore it: then she took her time to put on a light and easy makeup. Lastly; with her hair, she made an impressive bun on the top of her head.

Amal was looking all shades of sexy, she admired herself in the mirror.
Soon enough, she heard Kamal's car pulled up. She heard him come in the house, right then she wanted to run and hug him till his bones cracked but she regally maintained her sit on the dresser. Kamal will come meet her.

"Amal" Kamal called loudly from the sitting room, she heard him: she didn't answer
"Amal" he called again as he entered the bedroom, he stopped in his tracks, his eyes widened in adoration for her, he wowed.
"Ok wow, MashaAllah"

Amal laughed seductively
"Dont just stay there by the door staring at me Kamal" she chuckled

"You look wow, so beautiful I could eat you up right now" Kamal complimented as he approached. He picked her up easily and in a swift whirling move, he spun her around. Amal couldn't help but laugh so heartily. She allowed him to nibble passionately on her neck and then when he tried to seek her lips, she pushed him lightly. They needed to talk.

"What again Amal?" Kamal asked he wasn't about to be stopped now, not by anything

"We should talk" Amal suggested, Kamal rolled his eyes. Really Amal wanted to talk right now?

"Amal love" Kamal persuades, snuffing seductively in her ear, Amal breath in the stir of desire Kamal was initiating in her, she resisted. Gently she pushed him away from her.

Kamal sighed wearily
"I said i was sorry times without number" he said "what is it you want Amal?"
He sat on the edge of bed, his face smitten into a frown, Amal sat next to him. She took his hand into her small ones.

She smiled at him, Kamal didn't smile back: that was expected.
"Kamal" she called, he turned to look at her. How cute Kamal looked with that face, Amal had to resist kissing him all over: She swallowed hard.

"I want you to give me the permission to come home alone after school" she started "you know how your work is and i cant keep waiting for you"

"Amal i told you i cant let you do that" he said "i'll try to always be on time to pick you up from now on, I promise"

"Ah Kamal" Amal whined, she let go of his hand, she shook her head indicating disapproval of his promise
"Kamal..."

"Amal i'm not letting you and i am
Done talking about this. I have said it, it is final" Kamal said sternly: the authority in his voice was clear: He wouldn't even hear of her insistence.

"Hmmm" Amal hummed, why was Kamal behaving like this? Such male chauvinism?
He was commanding and Amal hated been commanded, not even by her husband Kamal: but she had learned not to argue with him, especially when he was being authoritative. It only bruise his ego: She was a good wife and good wives do not bruise their husbands ego, they massage it instead.
She nodded slightly.

"We should pray isha'i then" she said getting up from where she sat.
Kamal eyes widened

"About that" he said cautiously "I prayed at Mami's"

"What?" Amal was surprised "you prayed without me Kamal?" The hurt in her voice was obvious.

Kamal stood from the bed now
"It was time and i had to lead the prayers, what was I supposed to do?" He asked defensively.

"Tell them you have a wife you always pray isha'i with" Amal exasperated and then hands akimbo she asked "did you pray shafa'i and wutr too Kamal?"

"Ahhhhhggg love, i can explain that too" Kamal started but Amal caught him off.

"Oh Kamal, You didn't. You did? You traitor" she yelled as she made to hit him on the arm, Kamal dodge "What level of betrayal" she scoffed, she went into the bathroom to perform ablution.

Kamal was still sitting on the bed when she emerged from the bathroom. Even though he was trying so hard to avoid her eyes: she gave him a accusing look before she lay out her prayer mat.
She started to pray, alone.

Kamal watched his wife as she prayed devotedly. There was something about Amal when she prayed, it was like a calm and she was in the moment. He smiled his blessings.

He waited till she brushed gently of the conclusion of her prayer on her face, the he said:
"I was thinking Amal" she turned her face slowly to look at him, he continued
"What about Mami's driver pick you up from school, he's almost never busy with Mami's retirement"

Amal thought hard, she said
"Would Mami be good with that arrangement?"

"Ah, totally" Kamal replied "in fact she suggested that since but I wouldn't listen. I wanted to be the one doing anything and everything for you" Kamal's voice was weary, almost a whisper.

Amal smiled at him, she could imagine the amount of effort Kamal took to make such decision, it wasn't what she wanted but this was the best she would get. Also, she was grateful.

"Kamal" she called his name with much care, he look her way without answering

"Come here" she commanded looking directly into his brown eyes. Kamal speculated a little, then he obeyed. He climbed out the bed, sitting next to her on the floor: He let his eyes gaze into hers.

"Kiss me" she ordered, her voice: aphrodisiacal.
Again, Kamal obeyed.

P.S 💜
Salaam alaikum
Dearly beloved reader,

I hope you enjoyed this chapter: if you did, shower me with your votes and comments.

On a glorious Friday like this, I pray for you all to find peace and guidance in everything you do.

Till next Friday when i meet you again with yet another update, until then
Stay blessed 😘💜
May the ink of my pen continue to grace your pages.

-SophisticatedDoc💋

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

62.3K 4.7K 24
*A Nigerian Romance Story* The line between Infatuation and Obsession is called Danger. Wunmi decided to accept the job her friend is offering her a...
22.6K 4K 83
"What's happening?, why are they taking you away? Say something already!! Please say something" I broke down in hot tears as I dragged him trying to...
670K 19.6K 17
Disclaimer ***Before you start, this book is now just a preview, don't ask about the rest of the book. It will be available in prints in sha Allah...
22.9K 3.4K 41
~~~~(Mature)~~~~ "We're worlds apart..." "But I'm right here." "I'm far, farrrrrrrrrr far beneath your class..." "And so? I don't care." He shrugged...