EXPOSED

By True_Hawaiian

"Let me go... please." My heart began to race the closer he got. My back pressing against the wall of the sup... More

EXPOSED
1 | Paranoid
2 | Trauma Is Personal
3 | West Bridge High
4 | Interrogation
5 | Rough Day
6 | Why Not?
7 | Stop Apologizing
8 | Working On It
9 | All Nighter
10 | School Trip
11 | Passing Through
12 | Intoxicating
13 | Coping 101
14 | Distraction
15 | Family Night
16 | A Stand Off
Rainer VS Trey
17 | Stubborn Girl
18 | Code Black
20 | Late Confessions
21 | The Unknown Message
22 | Tick-tock, Amura
23 | Ride or Die
24 | For Attention
25 | You're Better Off
26 | Lake Night
27 | Strike One
28 | Strike Two
29 | Strike Three
30 | Flip The Switch
31 | Jealousy & Secrets
32 | Intruders
33 | Endless Questions
34 | She's Hurting
35 | The Damn Notes
36 | Not A Word
37 | Make Them Squirm
38 | For Now
39 | Day By Day
40 | Walls Crumbling Down
41 | You Tell Me
42 | Blood, Sweat, & Stupid
43 | Unbelievable
44 | Night Before Hell
45 | Lights Out
46 | By The Hours
47 | The Ugly Choice

19 | Mixed Emotions

870 30 13
By True_Hawaiian

The mix smell of cleaning solutions, alcohol, and blood was in the air. I scanned the whole room to find her pacing back and forth in the waiting area.

"Maria!" I called out, when she looked at me her eyes were red and puffy. She rarely cries, the only times she would cry is when it's something really bad. Which in this situation it terrified me.

"Thank god!" She wraps her arms around neck burying her face.

"Tell me what happened?" I look into her eyes full of pain and I grab her shoulders.

"Luke he-" Her whole demeanor changed within a second. She went from vulnerable to pissed. "You!" She removes my arms and walks right passed me.

"Is he okay?" Rainer looks at her then back at me.

"Is he okay?" She mocks with her best impression of him. "Drop the act... you don't fucking care about him."

"He's my best friend of course I care about him! What the fuck happened?" He spat taking a step closer to Marìa.

"Obviously not, otherwise he wouldn't be in the hospital right now! He's in here because of you..." she roughly shoved him back. "...He's in a gang because of you!" She shoved him again.

"If he played sports like a normal kid, he would be fine!" When she tried to push him a third time he grabbed her wrists in time. "If he dies I'm gonna kill you!"

"Get in line." He spat releasing her wrists.
I saw her body tremble for a second before she lunges forward. Luckily I grabbed her waist before she could attack.

"Let me go... I wanna kill him!" She struggles under my hold.

"I know but we're in a public place and we're causing a scene. We are all hurting from this... some more then others." She stopped struggling. "Take a walk Marìa..."

"But-"

"I'll let you know if something happens." I reassure and kiss her cheek. "Go M."

There was a hint of light in her eyes. I watch her head down a hall and when she made her first turn I looked at Rainer.

"Thanks for that." He says taking a seat.

"Shes right... I agree with her, just silently." I take a seat the one across from him.

He sighs, "I know."

"If he doesn't make-"

"I know." He answers again.

"I would never forgive you." I slouch back in my chair as leans his head back with his eyes closed.

He sighs again. "I wouldn't even forgive myself."

Marìa POV

I couldn't get those images out of my head. It all happened so fast I didn't have time to process this all until now. I had to close my eyes and reopen them a few times.

Sadly this is reality.

Is this what our lives have come to?

FlashBack

I watched Luke freeze in mid punch, staring off into the distance. Like he was distracted by something or someone. His opponent took the time to strike right into his ribs. I watched Luke groan in pain as he took a few steps back.

That's when it happened... that's when everything went chaotic. The sound of a gunshot rang through my ears. He was standing one moment and the next he was laying on the mat bleeding.

"LUKE!" I shoved every person that stood in my way. I felt a hand grab my arm stopping me from climbing up on stage. "LET ME GO OR ILL CUT YOUR ARM OFF!" I kneed him right in his tiny balls.

I climbed up to the top to see Luke laying in a pool of his own blood. His body was pale and fragile, it was so heartbreaking I couldn't breathe.

"Luke, honey... stay with me okay? You stay awake, okay?" I watched his eyes blink slower and slower. "Damn it, Luke... please stay with me... don't die... I need you. Please!" I cried.

"Please don't leave me!"

End of FlashBack

He can't die. 

Please don't die.

Just please don't die.

Rainer POV

"Zaya."

"Thank god." Without hesitation Zaya ran over to Ezra who stood by the entrance. She pulled him into a tight hug.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" He pulled back taking a look at her. She nods her head. "I saw the whole thing... fucking bastard."

"Did you see who did it?" I ask and his body immediately straightens up.

"No."

"What is he doing here?" I glare coldly as he walks through the clear hospital doors.

"My friend got shot!" Ezra hissed taking a step towards me.

"Easy there Hercules... I was talking about that other dip shit." Trey walks in with a smirk on his face. "What are you doing here?"

"Iʻm so touched that you feel threatened by me." He places his hand on his chest. "Its okay I'm a regular person just like you... I put my pants on one leg at a time."

I fought the urge to punch his smile clean off his face. I couldn't do that in front of everyone, especially not in front of her.

"Fuck off... seriously what is he doing here?" I look towards Ezra and he smirks.

"He was my ride."

Course he was.

It was silent for a moment until the vibration of a phone filled that silence.

"Excuse me." Trey walks out of the hospital within seconds.

"Will you excuse me for a minute." I say heading for the exit until I felt small hands wrap around my arm.

"Where are you going?" She looks at me with her big brown doughy eyes. Damn it Zaya.

Flashback

He struck with his left, Luke struck with his right knocking his opponent off balance. I was so focused on the fight I didn't even realize Zaya had left my side. I frantically scan the crowd in hopes to spot her somewhere close, I felt my heart rate increase. When my eyes landed on this short brunette with tanned legs arguing with Ezra my heart went at ease.

Is she yelling at him?

Ive never seen her this frustrated before.

My hands immediately clench at the sight of him grabbing her.

She tries to free herself but she wasnt strong enough. I knew she wouldnt do anything to her hurt him. I started making my way over to her but stopped when another male figure step behind her.

I swore my heart jumped out of my chest once I saw that figures face.

Colten.

I quickened my pace but stopped when he started reaching for his gun.

Son of bitch.

Ezra left her? Why the fuck would he leave her alone with him?

I swear to god when I see him I will kill him.

When he grabs her wrist I saw her body tremble at his touch. Her eyes filled with pure fear before he turns her around to face him. I quickly but calmly make my way over wrapping my arms around her petite body. Feeling her shiver at my touch made me feel something, but I didnt know what it was.

Seeing how close Colten got made me pissed, I wanted to kill him on the spot. I never want him near her again.

Coming back to reality I smirk, "When are you gonna learn that your presence isn't welcomed here."

End of Flashback

Focus.

"I have to call Jaden and tell him about Luke." I place my hand on the one that grabbed my arm. "Ill be back."

I hate lying to her but I have to do this.

Making my way outside I spot Trey standing a few feet away from the entrance. The closer I got to him the more angry I got, feeling the rage flow through my veins. When Trey was finally off his phone he turned around and his face falls emotionless.

I drew my arm back and in one swift move I let my fist collide with his cheek. I watch his body jerk to the opposite side, I wanted to punch him again but I don't think I would be able to stop myself.

He slowly looked at me with a smirk on his face. He wiped away the blood that slowly dripped from his mouth.

"Give me a good reason why I shouldn't kill your sorry ass." He scowls, taking a step forward.

"You exposed her to Colten!" I shouted, pushing my hands against his chest.

"What are you-"

"ZAYA!" I pushed him again. "Are you fucking stupid? What the fuck were you thinking!"

"Its not like I fucking planned for him to show up out of nowhere!" He spat.

"Colten is a fucking psycho! Do you have any idea what heʻs capable of?" As soon as I said that his eyes darken, his jaw clenches.

"Did you honestly think I would be like... Hmm I feel like risking Zayaʻs life today. Lets see... Oh I know, lets take her to meet the psychotic bastard, who fucked up my life. Screw safety lets do that instead." He mocks.

He took another step towards me.

I took a step forward, "Do you think this is a fucking joke? This is Colten we are talking about! Who the hell knows what he's up to!"

"Who do you think I am? Why do you believe that all I want to do is put Zaya in danger?" He crosses his arm. "Who brought her to an underground illegal fighting joint twice? Who got chased by a Chicago gang..."

"Fuck off." I growl.

"That's right... YOU DID!" With great force he managed to push back a bit. "So why don't you take a look in the mirror before you judge me!"

"If Zaya gets hurt by Colten in some shape or form, it's your fault." I say in a low and intimidating tone.

He threw his head back as he laughed. I roll my eyes while I cross my arms, waiting for the idiot.

"You know for someone who claims they don't care about Zaya... you sure don't act like it." He smirks.

"I don't." I say narrowing my eyes.

"Really, so you won't mind if I asked her out? Take her to dinner, then back to my place..." he took two brave steps forward where we stood inches apart. "Claim those soft pink lips of hers, feel every inch of her body, and make her scream my-"

Within a flash he was on his back, laughing. After I just punched him , he has the nerve to fucking laugh.

I couldn't hold in my anger anymore.

It was too much.

I have to kill him.

Marìa POV

"I hate you."

"I love you too."

"No you fucking scared me, you fucker!" I hit his shoulder and he groans. "Shit I'm sorry did I hurt you?"

"No... you know why? Because I'm fine!" Swing his feet of the edge of the bed.

"Luke you were shot."

"On the shoulder... it was a cheap shot." He shrugs. "Hand me my clothes."

"It was a lucky shot." I say, handing him his clothes. "You could have died."

"But I didn't." He slips on his jeans before removing his hospital gown. I refrained from looking anywhere but his face.

Don't look down.

Don't look down.

"But you could have-"

He stood up without struggle I had to look up since his face was inches away from mine. Once again the only thing I could concentrate was his mesmerizing green eyes.

"Marìa..." he whispers, placing his hand on the back of my neck.

"Luke..." I whisper, closing my eyes. I felt his forehead lean against mine. I shut my eyes tighter. When I felt the pad of his thumb run across my lower lip, my knees almost gave out.

Who would have thought that we would be standing here like this. When I saw him laying there in a pool of his blood, all the memories of us as kids came back. We were best friends, we played Shark Boy and Lava girl, he had coodies... but everything is different now.

We're older, we developed, we're not kids nor are we best friends anymore. We're... complicated.

Too complicated.

Too risky.

"We can't." You could hear the pain in my voice.

"Why the hell not, Maria?"

"Because it's too complicated!"

"No it's not Marìa, you're just making it complicated!" He wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me against his half naked body. "The others would get used to the idea eventually."

"It's not just that, Luke. Its much more than that." I place my hands on his chest attempting to push him away. "Luke please try to understand..."

"Understand what, Maria? That your afraid of commitment?" He hissed.

"No."

"Then what then?"

"I'm afraid of loosing you!" I hate crying, it makes me so vulnerable and weak I hate it... but I couldn't help it. "You're in a gang. Everyday you go out risking your life. Everyday you come with a new scratch or bruise on you..."

His eyes soften as his grip around my waist tightens.

"That terrifies me... everyday. I can't be with you because it terrifies me. I can't be with you because I'll distract you and... and..." I gasped for air as more tears fell from my eyes. He pulled me into his embrace as I buried my face in his chest.

"You'll die..." I mumble into his chest. I felt his hands shift to my shoulders pushing me out a bit to look at me in the eyes. "You'll get distracted and die because of me."

"Marìa... why didn't you-"

"And you getting shot tonight... proves that."

"You didn't distract me, Marìa. Zaya did she was in trouble and I froze. You had nothing to do with it." He said, holding my hands.

"I'm sorry Luke..." I slowly removed my hands from his. "...but we can't."

Zaya POV

"God, how long is Marìa gonna take in there with Luke? This one at a time thing is bullshit."

Luke was shot.

Luke was shot and I couldn't do anything but sit here and wait.

Wait for doctors to save my friends life.

A life that could have easily been taken away.

"Zaya..."

"What?" I look at Ezra.

"Are you still mad at me, Zay?" I roll my eyes and stand to my feet.

I need air.

"Your mad." He stood to his feet as well and stood in front of my only exit from the waiting room.

"Luke was shot today... he could have died. Your in a gang now... as much as I want to be mad at you... I can't. Why... because I'm afraid you'll die while I'm mad at you." I confess and his eyes soften.

"I'm not gonna die, Z."

"You can't promise that." I cross my arms.

"Zaya, I'm not going anywhere. I promise you." He pulls me into his embrace and I eventually give in. Just as I rested my chin on his shoulder my eyes widen.

"Oh my shit... Trey and Rainer are fighting!" I say pushing Ezra out of the way. Once I stepped outside Trey pulled out a gun from his back and aimed it to Rainer.

"TREY STOP!" I shout running in front of the gun.

"Jesus Zaya, move out of the way!" I felt Rainers hand touch my arm but I pulled away.

Man Trey was a bloody mess. His knuckles bleed, his face badly cut, and his clothes covered in Rainers and his own blood. His eyes were dark and empty.

"Zaya..." Ezra nearly shouts as he cautiously stood away from the scene.

"Luke was just shot... I can't have another person shot. I don't care what the hell is going on but it can wait. Tonight is about him... so tomorrow you guys can go back to killing each other okay?" I felt the sudden urge to scream and yell but I contained myself.

Trey lowered his gun and eventually tucks it away.

"I think it's best that you go Trey." I say looking down at my feet.

"Fine." Trey breathes out as he slowly makes his way to the car.

"I'm gonna go with him... tell Luke I said-"

"I will." I force a smile as Ezra makes his way over.

"Love you." He kisses my cheek before jogging off to catch up with Trey.

Out of nowhere I felt a lump form in my throat and it started to burn. My eyes started to blur while my breathing started to shorten.

"Are you crazy... why the hell would you step in front of a gun?" Rainer exclaims. I cautiously walked over the nearest wall and placed my hand on it for balance. "Are you okay?"

Luke was shot.

"Zaya can you hear me?"

Ezra is in a gang.

Its processing... it's finally settling.

"I'm fine." I swallowed the lump and forced back the tears. I start to head for the entrance but when I felt his hand on my back pocket I knew I wasn't going anywhere.

"Zaya..." with one swift move he spun me around by my pocket. My eyes widen at the sudden gesture as I grab onto his shoulders for balance.

When I looked into his eyes it scared me. Not because of him but because of the way he's making me feel.

"It's gonna be okay."  He looks deeply into my eyes.

It's not the first time someone's told me it's going to be okay. But it is the first time I actually believe it. For once someone was able to calm me before the storm.

How did he do that?

"Zaya..." he whispers in a low husky voice. His eyes shift to my lips and I felt my heart jump.

"I'm fine." I reply, pulling my lower lip between my teeth.  His grip around my waist tightens a bit pulling me closer than before, if that was even possible.

"Sorry I'm late..." a familiar voice calls out. His grip immediately drops as I step back a few feet away. "Boss got me doing bitch work."

"It's okay, Jaden... he just got out anyways." Rainer replies smoothly.

I basically tuned out at that point.
I didn't care what the hell Jaden said or was doing. All I could focus on was what just happened or was about to happen with Rainer.

What the hell was that?

If Jaden hadn't come, What would have happened?

————————————————

Authors Note:

Hope you liked the chapter.

What are your thoughts on Marìa and Luke?

What do you think the history is with Colten Trey, and Rainer?

What's going on with Rainer and Zaya?

I wanna know what your thinking.

Xoxo
True_Hawaiian

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 30.2K 39
He's rich. He's dangerous. He's sexy. After moving to California, I met a notorious bad boy named Ace. As my feelings for him grew stronger, so did m...
314K 5.6K 43
She was an ordinary girl in high school. On her last day at school, Alison tells her crush that she likes him. Soon after she moves to Canada and ret...
10.3M 411K 54
Ranked #01 for Teen Fiction X4 *A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY!* WHS Story of the Month Winner: Teen Fiction The Fiction Awards Winner 2017; Best Overall S...
664 109 32
//DISCONTINUED// // C R I N G E // During the car ride home... wait- home? That prison that holds me captive is my home? So not only do I say tha...