Swing of Fate

By CaptainSaint212

This is my first ever fanfiction inspired by favorite Jrock Band, One Ok Rock and my Bias, Ryota. I hope you... More

Anxiety
Time Alone
Friendship
Inspiration
Limbo
Date
Confession
After Feels
Calm Before The Storm
Surprise
Scheme
Bait
Revelation
Confrontation
How we feel

Lies

42 5 0
By CaptainSaint212

It was the day of the concert in Sendai.

Ayaka was all excited to go to the concert. She was actually happy that Suguru is not around because she doesn’t want Ryota to come up with any silly ideas about them.

She was getting ready to leave the hotel when she heard a familiar voice calling her name. She looked around and saw Suguru by the lobby, waving and patiently waiting for her.

She approached him with a questioning look on her face.

Being childhood friends, Suguru knew that look was demanding for an explanation.

“It seems like you’re not happy to see me. I came back to accompany you to the concert. Your grandfather asked me too. Sorry.” Suguru explained.

Ayaka shrugged and tried to smile. She motioned Suguru to move because she doesn’t want to be late for One Ok Rock’s concert.

 . . .

The band arrived at the venue and saw how fans were already lined up so early. They were all amazed to see that kind of reception. The excitement took Ayaka out of Ryota’s mind and was able to focus on their concert. However, the three was being more sensitive than usual and Ryota took notice.

“Why are you treating me so carefully that it seems like I will cry any moment?” Ryota asked once they were inside the band members’ room.

“Are you not?” Taka asked back as he approaches him looking embarrassed.

“Geez, Taka! I’m not a small child. I maybe in pain but I’m also decided to do what I love to do; that is to perform with you guys. And look at that crowd, who wouldn’t be excited?” Ryota answered.

“Don’t down play it, Ryota.” Tomoya said since he was not convinced at all.

“I’m not down playing it, Tomoya. It’s just that I thought since we are on a tour and I don’t have the time to really talk it out with Ayaka, I decided to focus on this first before settling my personal matters.” He explained.

“But are you sure, you’ll be fine with that?” Taka followed up, still worried.

“Drop it, you two. Ryota has decided. We have to focus first on our tour. You know that we are here for you, right?” Toru, who saw the exasperation on Ryota’s faced, asked.

“I know. And I want to thank you for that so we will have a great time tonight.” Ryota answered with a smile.

. . .

The concert started and ended with a blast. The fans were left with an experience like any other. One Ok Rock provided them with an amazing show.

Ayaka, being one of them, felt the same. 

They are getting better and better after each live.” She thought to herself.
She was getting ready to go the band members’ room to congratulate them when Suguru stopped her. She looked him again with her questioning gaze.

“I have a favor to ask. I bought a ring but I’m not sure if the size is right. Would you try it on?” Suguru explained while taking the ring out.

Ayaka understood, gave her left hand to Suguru. While Suguru was putting the ring to Ayaka’s finger, she saw a staff and waved with her free hand.

The staff noticed Ayaka, since she was familiar with them; she was motioned to follow him. Ayaka rushed to the staff, forgetting about the ring. Suguru followed them.

. . .

Inside the band member’s room, everyone was excitedly congratulating each other for another successful show.

Ayaka entered slowly, peeking and looking for a familiar face until she saw Ryota.

Ryota noticed her immediately but his smile faded when he saw Suguru was also with her.

Taka, Toru and Tomoya acted normally but was concerned too.

Ayaka happily approached Ryota and hugged him as this has been her way of congratulating him during the last concert. Ryota subtly pulled back from the hug.

“You watched our live here too. I thought you went back to Kanazawa?” Ryota asked forcing a smile.

I went here instead and stayed in a hotel. It was an awesome show. I really enjoyed it.” Ayaka wrote to her phone.

“I’m glad you enjoyed it.” Ryota answered still forcing a smile.

Ayaka, oblivious with the tension in the atmosphere, took Ryota’s hand while smiling.

Ryota looked down and saw a ring on Ayaka’s hand.

Ryota almost flinched but stood his ground. He stood there trying to be casual and happy to see Ayaka again. Though there was the truth in him being happy, he also felt an unshakeable sadness.

The engagement ring was like the final blow that shattered his belief that there was something between them.

He saw it as a sign from Ayaka that she and Suguru are really getting married soon.

He mustered all the strength he has, looked at Ayaka while smiling and hugged her without saying anything.

It’s not that he can’t say anything but he chose not to because he knew that if one word escaped from his lips, the composure he has left will shatter.

Ayaka hugged back tightly, clueless to what was going on Ryota’s thoughts.

When Ryota let go, he remained looking and smiling at Ayaka.

Toru noticed the ring too and saw through the expression of Ryota, approached them and intervened.

“Ahmm, Ayaka, We need to leave now because there will be a party that the staff organized for us. Also, we need to leave early since the next tour is in Sapporo. Suguru, please take care of Ayaka."

He said assisting Ryota, who stayed quiet and just waved goodbye to Ayaka, away from the two.

Taka and Tomoya bowed down and followed Toru and Ryota out of the room.

Ayaka waved goodbye. She was glad to see Ryota again. Suguru held her by the elbow as they left the room.

"Ayaka, you go ahead first to the car. I need to use the toilet again.”

Ayaka nodded and went ahead.

Suguru went the other way, looking for Ryota. “I need to make sure he will not contact Ayaka again.” He thought to himself.

He saw them by their van and approached them.

He looked at Ryota and spoke,

“You saw the ring right. She accepted our marriage and as one of her request, she wanted to see you perform one last time. Tonight, we will be going back to Kanazawa to get ready for the announcement of our engagement. Please don’t contact her again. It will better for all of us. Again, thank you for taking care of her. Goodnight.” He turned back and walked away.

Ryota was left speechless.

His mind still can’t process everything and his heart felt like it was bleeding.

He went inside the van quietly without saying anything. The three threw worried glances but decided to keep quiet until they have returned to the hotel.

. . .

When Ayaka was waiting inside the car, she realized that she was still wearing the ring Suguru asked her to try. She totally forgot about it due to her excitement in seeing Ryota.

While trying to remove it, a scary thought came to her.

Did Ryota see this? This is an engagement ring. What if..” She thought.

But she didn’t notice anything unusual with Ryota so she immediately dismissed the thought and removed the ring. Suguru returned and it was time for them to go back to the hotel too.

. . .

Back in the hotel where the band was staying, Ryota was still not speaking as he exhaustedly sat on the couch.

The three huddled around him waiting for him to speak. They were quite unsure on what to say to him.

Ryota broke the silence.

“I guess you guys saw it too, right? Ayaka has an engagement ring. Well, if you didn’t notice, Suguru announced it earlier.”

He said forcing a chuckle.

“Don’t jump to conclusions, Ryota. It will be better to talk to Ayaka about it.” Toru responded.

“I don’t need to. It was as bright as the sun. There’s no point asking it out. I guess I have to let her go and forget about her. We haven’t known it each other that long so I guess it will be easier. I have to focus on the three concerts more in this tour. I won’t involve myself to her anymore. As Suguru mentioned that will be the best for us. I don’t want to get her confused about her marriage just because I was there when no one was there for her. I don’t want her to feel indebted to me because I don’t need that.” Ryota retorted back.

Though he said this to try convincing his friends but it sounded more like he was convincing himself in accepting the situation.

“Are you sure with this?” Taka asked.

“Don’t decide on this just because you’re hurt.” Tomoya followed up.

“This is what I think the best thing to do. I don’t have plans on ruining any marriage or relationship. Don’t push it, I’ll be fine. I’ll sleep ahead of you guys. Thank you for what all you did earlier.” Ryota said seriously then proceed to the bedroom.

. . .

On the other hand, Ayaka decided to go to their Sapporo concert too. Suguru don’t agree with it but Ayaka won’t give in. She asked him to just bring her to Sapporo early in the morning and she will be fine alone.

Suguru shrugged as she was fully aware how stubborn his childhood friend is.

Ayaka said goodnight to Suguru and went inside her room. She was still ecstatic with the concert and being able to see Ryota again, she decided to send him a message.

“You were amazing earlier in the concert. It was an amazing show. I’m also happy to be able to see you again.”

. . .

Ryota’s phone sounded. He looked at the notification and saw Ayaka’s name.

He looked at it for a while but decided to delete it without reading its content.

He also put Ayaka’s number to his block list.

He tried his best to be able to sleep, hoping that it will somehow help him cope with the pain his feeling right now.

. . .

Ayaka was waiting for a reply because she was sure Ryota was still awake. But hours had passed, there was still no reply. Ayaka fell asleep with the phone on her hand, waiting for a message from Ryota.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 199 20
H I R O K I I K E G A W A + Bold text is in Japanese +Sorry for any mistakes! + Please tell me what you think of my writing I always want to...
19.9K 504 25
❝ 𝙒𝙝𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪'𝙧𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚, 𝙖 𝙩𝙚𝙣 𝙮𝙚𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙥 𝙞𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙜.❞ 𝙎𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩: 09/11/23 𝙀𝙣𝙙: 12/19/23 #1 Tokyorevengersxreader 1...
26K 220 41
So this is obviously an Outsiders fanfic, and it's the first one I've written on Wattpad.
2.9K 287 18
jimin fanfic and this is my first time writing fanfic and if i make any mistake please forgive me