Lies

It was the day of the concert in Sendai.

Ayaka was all excited to go to the concert. She was actually happy that Suguru is not around because she doesn’t want Ryota to come up with any silly ideas about them.

She was getting ready to leave the hotel when she heard a familiar voice calling her name. She looked around and saw Suguru by the lobby, waving and patiently waiting for her.

She approached him with a questioning look on her face.

Being childhood friends, Suguru knew that look was demanding for an explanation.

“It seems like you’re not happy to see me. I came back to accompany you to the concert. Your grandfather asked me too. Sorry.” Suguru explained.

Ayaka shrugged and tried to smile. She motioned Suguru to move because she doesn’t want to be late for One Ok Rock’s concert.

 . . .

The band arrived at the venue and saw how fans were already lined up so early. They were all amazed to see that kind of reception. The excitement took Ayaka out of Ryota’s mind and was able to focus on their concert. However, the three was being more sensitive than usual and Ryota took notice.

“Why are you treating me so carefully that it seems like I will cry any moment?” Ryota asked once they were inside the band members’ room.

“Are you not?” Taka asked back as he approaches him looking embarrassed.

“Geez, Taka! I’m not a small child. I maybe in pain but I’m also decided to do what I love to do; that is to perform with you guys. And look at that crowd, who wouldn’t be excited?” Ryota answered.

“Don’t down play it, Ryota.” Tomoya said since he was not convinced at all.

“I’m not down playing it, Tomoya. It’s just that I thought since we are on a tour and I don’t have the time to really talk it out with Ayaka, I decided to focus on this first before settling my personal matters.” He explained.

“But are you sure, you’ll be fine with that?” Taka followed up, still worried.

“Drop it, you two. Ryota has decided. We have to focus first on our tour. You know that we are here for you, right?” Toru, who saw the exasperation on Ryota’s faced, asked.

“I know. And I want to thank you for that so we will have a great time tonight.” Ryota answered with a smile.

. . .

The concert started and ended with a blast. The fans were left with an experience like any other. One Ok Rock provided them with an amazing show.

Ayaka, being one of them, felt the same. 

They are getting better and better after each live.” She thought to herself.
She was getting ready to go the band members’ room to congratulate them when Suguru stopped her. She looked him again with her questioning gaze.

“I have a favor to ask. I bought a ring but I’m not sure if the size is right. Would you try it on?” Suguru explained while taking the ring out.

Ayaka understood, gave her left hand to Suguru. While Suguru was putting the ring to Ayaka’s finger, she saw a staff and waved with her free hand.

The staff noticed Ayaka, since she was familiar with them; she was motioned to follow him. Ayaka rushed to the staff, forgetting about the ring. Suguru followed them.

. . .

Inside the band member’s room, everyone was excitedly congratulating each other for another successful show.