What A Beautiful Day

By katieyo

Carter Peters has had the worst luck with girls. Everything may look up for him though when he literally runs... More

What A Beautiful Day
Chapter One: Stumble Through Hello
Chapter One: Amber's POV
Chapter Two: Let Me Make It Up To You
Chapter Three: Is This A Scam To See Me In A Bikini
Chapter Four: Daddy! Don't Go!
Chapter Five-Get To Know The Friends
Chapter Seven: Hot and Heavy

Chapter Six: Amusement Park

9 0 0
By katieyo

*Carter's POV*

When I woke up, I could feel a dull weight on me. "What the hell?" After I got the sleep from my eyes, I realized I was asleep on Amber's couch and she was on top of me.

She looked so cute in her sleep. Her head was buried in the crook of my neck, her arms wrapped around my waist, and our legs intertwined.

At this point, I couldn't be happier. I have my perfect girlfriend in my arms, what else could I want?

I think I stared at Amber for about an hour before she finally woke up. She started wiggling and stretching, which in the process, gave me a perfect glimpse of her cleavage. Hey, I'm a guy, more importantly her boyfriend, I'm allowed to look.

Once she was fully awake, she looked at me through her lashes to see I was staring at her with a smile on my face.

"Goodmorning beautiful girl." I told her.

"Psshh beautiful my ass. I have bed hair, sleep marks, and morning breath. What could possibly be attractive about that, Carter?" she asked me with a lost expression on her face.

"Baby, you'll always be beautiful to me. Everything you just mentioned makes you, you." I said with a smile and kissed her forehead.

"Whatever you say sweet talker. You sleep okay last night?"

"I slept perfectly because I had my girlfriend with me. How about you?"

"Ehh, alright. You're nothing like my teddy bear." she said with a cheeky grin.

"Oh really baby? I do believe I'm better than that teddy bear. As long as I'm here, you won't need that bear, you've got me to cuddle with." As I said this I winked at her and gave her a slow goodmorning kiss. Not too passionate, not just a quick peck, but enough to show her how I feel about her.

"Mhmm, what was that for, not that I'm complaining." she asked.

"Cause I can. And cause you're the best." I told her honestly.

"Awweee you're too cute!" she said. We laid on her couch for about twenty minutes not really doing anything. I was running my fingers through her hair and she had her head on my chest.

"As much as I'm loving this peaceful moment Carter, I need to use the potty." she told me bluntly.

She hopped off my lap and walked into her bathroom to handle her stuff. About thirty seconds later I hear 'SHIT!' and drawers slamming open and closed.

*Amber's POV*

Naturally, this would happen to me. We were having such a quiet and peaceful morning and then this would happen. What happened you may ask?

I got my damn period. This may not be a big deal to other girls, but mine is like hell. I get cramps like crazy, get agitated very easily, and turn into pretty much a psycho bitch.

"Uhhh babe? Is everything okay?" I heard Carter ask. Oh God, I probably scared him half to death with my screaming.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a minute." I told him quickly.

Where did I put my damn tampons? I searched my entire bathroom for them. I finally found the box of them...it was empty. I groaned internally.

God, now I would have to get Carter to bring me somewhere to get them. Oh man, this is so humiliating. I walked out the bathroom feeling so embarrassed about this.

"Uhhh, Carter? Can you take me to walmart or a drug store?" I asked with my head down and my hair making a shield over my face.

"Sure Ambs, what's up with like the whole freak out in the bathroom?" he asked me curiously.

"Uhhh, I know most guys get all weirded out with this, but it's female issues. I need to go get more tampons." I told him straightforward.

"I think you forgot I have two sisters. Trust me, this isn't the first time I've had to go on a tampon run. Oh man, that sounded so weird. Come on, let's go." he started laughing.

"You're an amazing man Carter Peters. Let's hurry this up." I told him honestly.

We left my apartment and headed to walmart. When we got there, I headed straight to the 'female' aisle. I purchased my stuff and made a beeline towards the bathroom.

When I walked out, I saw Carter waiting for me. "Hey Ambs. You need anything else, or wanna just walk around?" he asked me.

"Sure babe. Let's go see what I need for the apartment." I told him, then grabbed his hand and started walking.

*****

So much for just getting tampons. We ended up buying three cases of water, diet coke, frozen meals, poptarts, an array of fruit, two containers of ice cream, and cleaning supplies. What could've been a ten dollar trip turned into a one hundred fifty dollar trip.

Carter drove me back to my apartment and helped me unload all of my groceries. When we were finished, I asked him what he wanted to do since we had a lazy day yesterday.

"Hmmm, there's a fair going on in about three towns over. It'll take like forty-five minutes to get there, if you wanna go." he told me. Huh, a fair. We didn't have those in Colorado.

"Is this like with all the amusement park rides and everything?"

"Yeah, so you wanna go? We can call Sean and Fal if you wanna."

"Sure! Go call them, I have to get ready. What do people wear to these things?" I asked genuinely curious.

"Nothing fancy, casual clothes. Dont wear flip flops, they might fall off." he warned.

"Okay, give me like thirty minutes!" I started sprinting to my bedroom.

I searched my entire closet for something to wear. In particular, a shirt. I'm wearing a pair of washed out denim cutoff shorts from xxi, but I can't find a shirt. Then it hit me, I bought all those new clothes when I got here.

After digging through the bags, I found a pale green tank top, and threw a white cardigan over it.

I only applied a little bit of powder, mascara, and gloss for makeup.

I had to admit, I looked pretty fine.

Carter was sitting on the couch waiting on me to finish getting ready.

"Hi gorgeous. You ready to head to my apartment now?"

"Sure! I'm excited for tonight!" I told him with a giddy smile on my face.

"Me too baby. We're gonna have a great time." he led me from my apartment so we could head to his.

When we got there, Sean and Fallon were attacking each others faces on the couch. Such a wonderful sight to see, sense my sarcasm?

"Errr, hey guys." Fallon said with a sheepishly smile on her face while wiping her lips.

Carter and I just laughed at her. While Carter left to get dressed, I sat with the two lovebirds and chatted about random things.

Carter came out his bedroom about fifteen minutes later, and man did he look fine! He had on khaki cargo shorts with a turquoise polo tshirt and had a dark grey jacket in his arms. Man I'm lucky to have this wonderful guy as my boyfriend!

*****

Oh. My. God. This is the craziest thing I've ever seen. There's lights, rides, music, cotton candy, EVERYTHING! I didn't know where to start.

"Big rides first?" Carter whispered in my ear. A huge grin lit up my face when he said that.

"You know me too well!"

We started out on a ride with lots of flips, one after the other. Then we headed to Hot Shot. It shoots you about twenty feet in the air, then just drops. I was clinging to Carter for dear life, I was so scared.

For the next few hours, we walked around the amusement park and rode nearly every ride. Carter even bought me cotton candy and won me a stuffed tiger from one of those cheesy carnival games.

At around 10:30, we had been on every ride except for one. Can you even guess which one it was... that's right, the ferris wheel. As cliche as it is, I was really excited for my first ferris wheel ride.

Fallon and Sean got on in the first cart, and Carter and I were behind them. It was now starting to get pretty cool outside for being a Louisiana summer night. I snuggled into Carter's side and wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Hey Carter? I had an amazing time tonight. This is the best date I've ever been on." I told him honestly.

"Amber, that means so much to me. This was such a good day, you're so amazing. It wouldn't have been nearly as much fun with just Sean and Fallon." he said with a small chuckle at the end.

He leaned down and placed a soft, slow kiss on my lips, almost as if he was savoring the moment. I slid my arms up from his waist to the sides of his face, holding him in place. We didn't go any further than this, but it was perfect. He was perfect. This night was perfect. His kisses were perfect. Everything was perfect.

After the ferris wheel, Carter drove Fallon and Sean home first, then me to my apartment. At some point during the drive, I fell asleep on Carter's shoulder. When I woke up, he was placing me in my bed, getting ready to take off my shoes for me.

"Hey babe. Wanna just stay over tonight?" I asked him, with no sexual meaning behind it, just sleeping.

"Sure princess. I'll be right back. I'm gonna go lock the door and turn the lights off."

By the time he got back, I was already fast asleep.

*Carter's POV*

I know it hasn't been long, but I know for a fact I'm falling in love with Amber Nicole Brooks.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 147 37
"Would you like to dance?" the boy asks me. I stare deep into his blue eyes, but I can't figure out who he is. He's tall with dark hair and the brigh...
698K 15.2K 57
Ever since she could remember, Maya Connors has always been the smart, shy girl that sat at the back of the classroom. She tackled every task with a...
57.7K 3.4K 32
Carter Walker is unpopular. He gets excellent grades and hopes to get into Yale after he graduates. As much as Carter strives for his dream, his lone...
158K 9K 61
A girl, haunted by her past was living in solitude. A man, running from his own demons. When their paths collide, the girl wants to run, but the guy...