Dawn of Us [18+] | WATTYS 201...

By TheWorldByStorm

|| C A U T I O N || This story is RATED: SPG. Strict guidance from an adult is needed. This may contain scene... More

W A R N I N G
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Quick A/N (RANT!)
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
A/N + UPDATE

Chapter Thirty-Seven

3.1K 76 4
By TheWorldByStorm

"Dr. Harry." I greeted at the man who was seemingly well-dressed and appropriate. Not to mention the flowers he was trying to hide at his back. "What are you doing here? I don't remember any check-ups for today." I said, confused.

It was a thursday and we had agreed to change appointments from M-W-F-S to whatever day is free that week since I have been getting better and better. I mean, Duh. But yeah, he still wanted to check-up on me from time to time to see if I ha3è4d any complications that might show up late.

"Violet!" He greeted, weirdly. "Well, uhm. I'm actually here to pick up your Aunt." He said, stuttering.

I smirked. "You're going on a date!" I exclaimed. "I knew it! You really do like my aunt." I said, crossing my arms. "It's about time she had some romance in her life. She's getting old!"

I heard Aunt Mary clear her throat behind me.

I froze in my position as I was caught. "I mean, she's aging like a fine wine isn't she?" I said, raising my eyebrows at Harry who was trying so hard not to laugh at my situation.

"She surely is." He said, not in a 'saving-Violet' kind of way but in a 'because-I-agree' kind of way.

"Oh, stop it you two!" She said as she made her way around me.

I moved aside to see her and hot damn! She looks wonderful with that 1950's inspire dress she was wearing which was a dark green in color and had pastel, flower appliques around the waist that cascaded down to the rest of the dress. "Aunt Mary! You look---"

"Stunning." Dr. Harry cut me off as he stared at her like she was the most beautiful woman he had ever laid his eyes on.

My Aunt blushed at the gent and leaned towards him with a small peck on the cheek as a greeting.

"Okay. Gross." I said, not really wanting to see more smooching in my face.  "Off  you go, love birds! Remember, protection is better than abortion!" I exclaimed as they made their way to Dr. Harry's car. Aunt Mary's eyes peirced through mine which made me shut the fuck up.

"Don't forget to pick up Jack-Jack at three, okay? I'll be back late. I left food in the fridge if you ever get hungry and there's also money in the jar if you want to eat something else." She instructed.

"Okay. Okay. I know. Okay." I said, repeatedly. "You can go now. I'll be fine." I said.

Aunt Mary nodded as I assured her and she smiled before finally getting into the car.

"Take good care of her, Harry!" I said, winking at Dr. Harry who had just closed the car door for the lovely lady.

He shook his head as he smiled. "I will, don't worry. She'll be safe with me." He said, going to his side of the car.

If it weren't for Harry, I would have not allowed her to go. I mean, she's my aunt but still, someone needs to look out for her! But Harry is a respectable man and he's a good one. I saw how he takes care of her, how he looks at her, and just how he sees her as a woman. If anyone is as perfect for her, it's Harry. They're basically meant for each other because Aunt Mary's this sort of strict and firm one, but when Harry's with her, she just goes limp as if Harry is melting her and it's cute. They're cute.

They remind me of my parents.

Mom and Dad were a perfect match and I can't think of anyone more deserving to be with each other than them. They're like the puzzle pieces to each other's life and that's beautiful. And in addition to that, they're just so sure of each other. You can see it in their eyes how they gleam at each other's sight.

It's just sad to think that Jack-Jack can't witness their magic in his time.

I closed the door as Harry's car disappears.

I went up to my room and turned the knob when my eyes caught sight of my parent's room door.

I stared at it as if it's calling me.

I haven't really gone beyond that door. Of course, aunt Mary have but mostly for cleaning but I never went in that room.

I'm just afraid that all the emotions would come back like a bad dream that I can't get rid of. I don't want to be reminded of how beautiful life was before they died. The four of us, together.

I looked up to the ceiling, staring at the white paint as if it had showed me instructions to follow what I really want.

A deep sigh escaped my breath and found myself letting go of my door knob and moving towards the door that I have always avoided.

My body stopped infront of it, my heart beating fast, my hand slowly touching the knob.

My hand turned and in just a second, the door opened.

It was dark.

Obviously.

But even so, I could already see their faces, framed on the wall. Their smiles radiating from ear to ear and just an epitome of how happy they were. I turned on the light and immediately, I saw unopened boxes on the floor.

I opened a box with a cutter that I had gotten downstairs and saw a bunch of clothes. The rest were also a bunch of clothes, picture frames, and  albums that all reminded me of my parents.

I smiled as I took out mom's favorite jacket of dad which she used to wear all the time when dad was away because it reminded her of him. I put it on me and hugged myself, thinking it was both mom and dad. And by now, I hadn't realized that tears had  fallen down my cheeks as memories of the accident ran through my mind.

It took me a minute until my eyes drifted off to the boxes on the bed. There were two of them. The smaller box had 'Love' written on it, while the slightly bigger one had 'Art' written on it.

Intrigued by the love box, I opened it first and in it were neatly folded papers with a calligraphy work of mom's name.

I picked up the one on top, opened it, and started reading it.

October 10th 1997

My Love,

I had just arrived in the Philippines.
There's nothing much in this country except for the beauty that enthralls in it.
I went to the beach yesterday and it reminded me of how you looked that day on the beach of Wormbrooke as you buried your feet in the sand, your hair dancing with the wind.
That was the first time I saw you and I can already tell that fate had been good to me.

I hope to see you soon!

I love you.

The letter had a postcard attached to it of a beautiful beach.

I picked up another one as I finished reading the first letter and it was tied in a little yellow ribbon. I opened it and started reading the letter with hand-painted flowers that framed it.

November 21st 1998

My Love,

I am currently here in Japan. I'm meeting with Brad and he had just shown me his new sketch of this animation he had in mind. One of them is named Violet. Isn't that a beautiful name for a baby?

I'll be home for Christmas!
I love you!

I put down the letter and closed the box, taking a deep sigh.

I moved on to the next box. It was slim and was closed with packaging tape.

I got the cutter and was about to open it when a loud thump sounded from outside of the room.

I let go of the box and hurriedly went to where the sound came from--- my room.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, looking at Axel who had just gotten up from the floor.

"Is it wrong to visit my girlfriend?" He asked, smiling at me.

I rolled my eyes, trying to hide my grin. I walked up to him, poker-faced. "No. But it's wrong to break in to someone's house. That's for sure." I joked.

"Well then, if you take my offer, I don't have to break in anybody's house anymore." He said, sliding his hand to my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"What offer?" I asked, playing oblivious.

He shook his head, sensing my play. "You know what I mean." He said. "You. Me. Together."

I looked up to him, biting my lip. "We talked about this."

He closed his eyes as he smiled a bit. "I know. But I'm still hoping." He said, looking down at me.

I smiled, bitterly as I looked down.

Axel's hand went up to my cheek.  "Did you cry?" He asked, his voice with every bit of concern.

"Wh-what? No-I-I-didn't cr---" I stumbled on my words.

He cut me off as he brought me to look up at him. "Violet... I'm here." He said.

And just like that, as if he had control over me, I bursted in to tears. "I miss them so much, Axel. I miss my parents so much." I cried.

He wrapped his arms around me.

"I tried so hard to forget what happened but I can't. It should've been me..."

"Hey-hey! Don't you ever say that, Violet!" He said, bringing both his hand to my face, cupping my cheek. "You're alive for a reason. You shouldn't say that to yourself because it's done. It would've been more painful for them to lose their daughter. They'd lose theirselves too." He said.

"But they didn't deserve to die." I whimpered, moving out from his touch. "Jack-Jack doesn't deserve to lose his parents."

"Yeah, they didn't deserve it but that does not mean that you have to grieve for it for the rest of your life. They wouldn't want to see you cry, to mourn for them, to blame yourself for something that you have no control of. I'm pretty sure they'd want to see you smile." He said. "And Jack-Jack, he has you. And your aunt. He's not completely alone. You're not completely alone, because you have me."

I stared at him as he stood there infront of me.

"And I'm thankful to have followed your car because it led me to you. Who would've thought that the girl I saved would be the girl who'd take advantage of me when I was drunk?" He said.

My mouth tilted up as I realized wgat he had said. "I did not!" I exclaimed, pushing him slightly.

He laughed, the kind of laugh someone makes when he's truly happy. "Yes, you did." He said.

"Oh no, Colt. I did not." I fought back.

"That's not what I remembered." He said, turning his back to me.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up." I said.

I heard him chuckle but my attention was divided when I heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll get it." I said, rushing out of my room and down to the stairs.

The doorbell rang again. "I'm coming!" I exclaimed.

My eyes widened as soon as I opened the door. "Tyler? What are you doing here?"

Tyler's eyes gleamed. "Violet." He said as if he was relieved to see me. "I just came by to see you. Didn't see you at school so I thought that something must've happened to you or you got sick or whatever. You weren't really looking good yesterday."  He said, raising a plastic bag up. "So, I bought you soup."

I heard a fuss upstairs which made Tyler looked to the direction.

Shit. Axel.

Tyler can't see Axel right now. He was pretty pissed when I told him what happened between Axel and I.

"Thank you, Tyler." I said, getting the soup from him. "But you can't come in right now." I said.

His eyebrows furrowed. "What's wrong? Is someone there with you? Is it that guy again? Do you need help because I swear, I'd beat him to shit." He said, tensed up.

That's what I'm afraid off.

I scratched my head and pushed him, closing the door behind me. "No-uhm- nobody's here. You don't need to beat anyone, Tyler." I said, trying to stay as calm as I can be.

"I would if I find it fit." He said, seriously.

I scoffed, amused. Even though this is no time to be. "I appreciate it, Ty. Thank you."

He takes a deep breath. "I'm just happy to see you." He said as he smiled at me. He shook his head afterwards. "Why weren't youat school though?" He asked.

"Oh." I started. "I just wasn't feeling really well but I'm not necessarily sick or anything." I said, reassuring him.

Tyler smiled. "Good thing I brought that soup." He said.

I giggled, not really having anything to reply to him. Do you know that awkward moment when you don't know what to say back so you stand there looking down at the floor? This was that moment.

I heard my bedroom door open which made me come back to my senses. "Well uhm, you have to go." I said.

Tyler smiled, confused. "Uhm, okay." He said as I pushed him towards his car.

"Thank you for the soup." I said, Tyler getting in his car.

"No problem." He said, smiling at me as he started his engine.

"See you in school." I said.

He looked at me before drifting off and as soon as is car disappeared into the line of trees, I felt relief take over my body.

Axel.

I immediately ran as soon as I remembered the man whom I'd left inside my house.

I got inside and released a frustrated breath. "That was close." I mumbled, closing the door behind me.

"What was close?" Axel asked.

Shit!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 3.4K 60
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
53.3M 378K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
52.4K 938 25
196K 10K 89
Being flat broke is hard. To overcome these hardships sometimes take extreme measures, such as choosing to become a manager for the worst team in Blu...