𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘳 · 𝘵𝘩�...

By echostria

if mistakes are all I am, at least you know what choices not to make book 2 » the 100, season 2 More

𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐫 ♚ 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟐
𝟐.𝟏
𝟐.𝟐
𝟐.𝟑
𝟐.𝟒
𝟐.𝟓
𝟐.𝟕
𝟐.𝟖
𝟐.𝟗
𝟐.𝟏𝟎
𝟐.𝟏𝟏
𝟐.𝟏𝟐
𝟐.𝟏𝟑
𝟐.𝟏𝟒
𝟐.𝟏𝟓
𝟐.𝟏𝟔
𝟐.𝟏𝟕
𝟐.𝟏𝟖
𝟐.𝟏𝟗
𝟐.𝟐𝟎
𝟐.𝟐𝟏
𝟐.𝟐𝟐
𝟐.𝟐𝟑
𝟐.𝟐𝟒

𝟐.𝟔

5.4K 183 149
By echostria

────「GLIMMER; HOPE」────

     In between the three of us, Sam O and I managed to get Lincoln into the dropship, bringing back memories I'd rather forget of the last time we were in that place. We chained him to make sure he wouldn't move like the last time he was there, only for different reasons. Once that was done, Octavia sat against the opposite wall, questioning what came next.

- "I go look for Clarke."

I answered her as Sam nodded, walking up to my sister and squatting in front of her, stroking her cheek as I walked to the hatch that led to the lower levels. I stared at them as I started to go down the stairs, amazed by the connection they shared, glad things were turning this way. Once only my head was still in the room, I glanced at Lincoln; I had made sure he wouldn't be able to get rid of the chains once he woke up but it didn't make me feel any better to leave them there alone.

- "We'll be fine." –Sam's voice made me turn my head to look at them- "It's not as if we couldn't fight him, you know?"

- "We got this, big brother. Go."

I nodded, glancing at Lincoln one last time and then at them as I closed the hatch after me, moving as fast as I could to get to the camp before things got worse. I had a lot in my mind, but as I ran through the forest, I tried to keep my mind busy with where I put my feet not to land on my face. I didn't want to think of everything that could go wrong. Once I arrived at the camp, Jaha was there next to Abbie, giving a speech about how we should leave before the Grounders come after us. I saw Clarke ready to go after her mother but I grabbed her arm, stopping her.

- "Where have you been?"

- "In the dropship." –I glanced around us- "You need to come with me."

- "Why? What happened?"

- "I'll explain on the way." –I rushed her- "Bring a medkit. Meet me at Raven's gate."

     Bellamy explained to me what Octavia, Sam, and he had been doing after they left on their mission but nothing could have prepared me for the view in front of me once I got to the dropship's upper level: Lincoln had been restrained and was covered in blood, but the worst part was how he was acting: his eyes squinted and red, screaming and pulling from his restraints trying to get to us as if we were his next meal.

- "Well, you're just in time." -Sam moved towards us- "He just woke up."

- "I can't believe we're here again." –I spoke unable to tear my eyes away from Lincoln.

- "Well, to be fair this time you are going to help him."

- "Sam..."

Bellamy warned her as if she were crossing an invisible line, but she was right; the last time we were there all I wanted to do was get answers and to do so, we hurt him. I raised my hand in front of Bellamy to make him stop as Sam raised her eyebrow at him in annoyance.

- "Can you help him?" –Octavia almost begged from the other side of the room.

- "I don't know if I can. I didn't know they were creating the Reapers at Mount Weather."

- "If they can do that to Lincoln, what are they doing to our friends?"

Sam sighed loudly at Bellamy's statement. I turned to face her. Exasperated and worried at equal parts. I knew if she got the chance she would run straight into Mount Weather for Monty and Jasper.

- "We'll get to them, Sam."

- "Yeah, I just hope it won't be too late."

- "It won't."

- "If it is" –she faced me with wild eyes- "I'll kill them all myself."

- "Sam–"

- "I know, I know." -Sam's eyes softened as Octavi walked up to her- "Let's go one step at a time. First, we get Lincoln back." –Octavia was about to protest but Sam cut her- "Shh, we are getting him back, you are not losing him again, I promise."

- "You can't promise that, Sam." –Bellamy stepped towards them.

- "Well, I just did so we all better get our brains working." –she looked at me- "I believe in you, Clarke."

I nodded, focusing back on Lincoln. What had they done to him? We were there going over everything for what seemed like hours, soon the sun was down and we needed the flashlights to see but we were getting no closer to discovering what they had done to him nor how we could help him. Which meant that the tension in the room was did nothing but increase. Suddenly Lincoln stopped screaming and trying to reach us and started convulsing.

- "What does this mean?"

- "What happened to his leg?"

- "I shot him."

- "Clarke, he's lost a lot of blood."

Bellamy pointed out as I looked at Octavia with a mix of concern and surprise, turning to look at him and then at Lincoln. I started approaching him but he moved forward with his mouth open, screaming, so I took a step back. One of their flashlights was now on Lincoln's neck and I thought I saw something.

- "Can you shine the light on his neck again?" –as they did, I confirmed my suspicion- "Needle marks."

- "You think he's been drugged?"

- "Maybe."

Suddenly Lincoln managed to get rid of the chains from his arms and pulled me towards him. Everything happened so fast. Octavia screamed at Lincoln as she moved towards me but he pushed her away, throwing her to the ground; he was trying to bite me when Bellamy stepped in and started hitting him while Sam tried to get rid of Lincoln's grab on my arm; finally, Lincoln let go of me, making Sam and I both fall by inertia at the same time he took Bellamy and hit him with his head, making him fall back too.

As we laid on the ground, Lincoln got rid of the chain around his torso and the other arm, being left only with the ones around his legs. He moved forward trying to catch one of us, throwing himself to the ground and reaching as far as he could. He soon realized he couldn't go much further chained to the floor, so he turned around to break both chains. At that moment, Bellamy took a baton and moved towards him in another attempt to control him; however, Lincoln saw him coming and moved towards him, stopping his arm as Bellamy almost reached him with the baton. Lincoln knocked Bellamy down, making him drop the baton, and started punching him in the face; I tried to help him but Lincoln pushed me away.

Right then, Octavia got a metallic bar and Sam took the electric baton; each of them approached Lincoln from one side and both of them hit him at the same time. Lincoln convulsed due to the electric shock and fell to the ground due to the bar's impact on his back. Octavia dropped the bar and lied next to Bellamy, checking if he was alright. Sam, however, stood there looking at all of us laying on the ground in different degrees of pain. She took a deep breath, tossed the baton on the floor next to Lincoln, and headed out of the dropship.

- "Sam–"

- "I need fresh air, scream if you need me."

And with that, she left. As I looked over at Lincoln again, I realized we better chain him again before he woke up. This time we chained him to the floor, as hard as we could, with more chains and ropes than the last time. If he manages to get out of this, I don't know what we are going to do. Once he came back to his senses, Octavia tried to give him water, but he was out of it and made her drop it all over his face.

- "I'll get some more."

- "O," –Bellamy stopped her before she reached the hatch- "once the drug is out of his system he'll be okay."

- "You can't protect me from this one, big brother."

- "O–"

- "I'll tell Sam to come back in."

     I had left the dropship because I was tired of having to fight and watch the people I loved getting hurt while I felt powerless. I hated seeing Lincoln like that; I knew that man: he was kind and loving, calm-demeanor, choosing peace over a fight every single time, he was respectful and had always made me feel like I was part of something. And now. Now that guy was gone and who knew if we'd manage to bring him back. I sat in silence at the dropship's entrance and watched the forest at night.

- "Everything is so quiet and calm," -I sighed- "why can't it always be like this?"

- "I wonder that too sometimes."

Octavia's voice surprised me as she came out of the dropship, walking to stand beside me as I smile, standing up and letting out a quiet chuckle.

- "You and your impeccable timing." –I glanced behind us to the dropship for just a second- "You alright?"

- "I'm going to get more water for Lincoln."

- "Want me to go with you?"

- "No, it's fine." –I raised my eyebrow, not sold on her tone- "I'll be fine, Sam. Go in before Clarke and Bellamy end up at each other's throats."

- "Well, now you are just exaggerating. I know they aren't that close but that seems a little over the top." –she raised her eyebrow at me now- "Right?"

- "I don't know."

- "Fine." -I sighed as she smiled, rolling my eyes- "I'll babysit our leaders."

Octavia chuckled and nodded, turning around to go get the water before I entered the dropship, climbing up the stairs, and opening the hatch. More screams from Lincoln greeted my entrance, Bellamy and Clarke's eyes soon on me.

- "Where's Octavia?"

- "Well, hello to you too." –I mocked Bellamy as I stood on the level- "She's getting water, will be back in a minute."

- "Sorry, I'm–"

- "It's fine." -Lincoln's screams interrupted me- "Please, tell me you know what to do or I'll knock him out again myself so that I can get some peace and quiet around here."

- "I don't know." –Clarke paused thinking what to say- "If my mom were here..."

- "Now, stop it right there, princess." –I moved to face her- "I'm aware you are not an actual doctor but you've got your training, and that is vital. If someone in this room can figure it out, it's going to be you. Stop wishing to be more like your mom because right now I need Clarke, not Abby."

Clarke nodded and thanked me, going to say something else when the hatch opened again, revealing Octavia and then... Nyko. Well, this sure just got 20 times more interesting. Bellamy immediately took his rifle and pointed it at him.

- "Bellamy, don't." –Octavia placed herself in front of Nyko- "He's Lincoln's friend and their healer."

Lincoln started seizing again and Clarke moved towards him to see what she could do. Nyko laid eyes on me and I took a deep breath, not knowing if he would attempt something against me due to what happened in the village.

- "Bellamy," –I spoke still looking at Nyko- "let him, maybe he can help Lincoln."

Bellamy hesitated but eventually lowered the rifle. Nyko nodded our way and moved to stand next to Lincoln, lowering next to him and taking something from his pocket; he opened it and inside were a bunch of different small bottles with liquids inside of them. He pulled one out as Clarke asked him what it was but he didn't respond, he simply opened it and placed it over Lincoln's mouth.

- "Yu gonplei ste odon."

- "Wait!" –Clarke screamed and moved her hand faster than I could follow, just in time to catch the solitary drop that fell from the vial- "That's what they say before death." –she looked at Octavia- "He's not trying to heal him, he's trying to kill him."

- "Nyko." –Octavia confronted him- "Is it true?"

- "Yes. Death is the only way."

- "Hold on. There could be a way to bring him back."

- "None that I've ever seen."

- "Alright, let's all think for a second. Doesn't it seem possible to you that there's a way out of this..." –I pointed at Lincoln as I glanced at Clarke- "just like there's a way to get like that? A reverse process should work, right?"

- "Yeah, but we–"

- "We have to go."  –Finn appeared through the hatch- "The camp's leaving."

- "You." –Nyko said standing up –"Fraga! Fraga!"

Nyko threw himself at Finn, screaming in his language before anyone could get in his way. Bellamy tried to get them to separate but Nyko was too strong, shoving him away but Bellamy quickly stood up and went to assist Finn again as Nyko moved his hands to his throat.

- "You slaughtered my people. Elders, children, innocents–"

- "Nyko, you are killing him."

Octavia tried to intermediate but Nyko was not listening to reason. We had to find a way to pull Nyko away without murdering him so, as soon as I saw Bellamy raising his rifle, I stood in front of him, shaking my head.

- "Sam, move."

- "We can't do this." -I took a step closer to him and, by association, to the rifle- "You're not a murderer."

I saw the anger in his eyes, hearing Octavia pleading with Nyko as Bellamy pleaded with me. I wouldn't let Bellamy cross that line; it was good enough one of us crossed it like it was nothing. He lowered the weapon, my eyes moving to Clarke, who seemed to be looking for something around. And that's when I saw clear as day what we could do.

- "Clarke," –I gained her attention, pointing to the ground- "on your left."

She followed my eyes and grabbed the baton, running to Nyko and hitting him with it. He immediately fell to the ground screaming in pain, letting go of Finn who rolled on the floor gasping for air. I looked at Nyko and then at Octavia, whose eyes were about to pop from her face.

- "Lincoln," –she moved towards him- "he's not breathing."

- "His heart stopped, move."

Clarke let go of the baton and kneeled next to Lincoln, starting CPR on him as I moved next to Octavia, ready to hold her if this went south. Luckily, after a couple of seconds, Lincoln started breathing again and we all let out our own held breaths.

- "He was dead." –Nyko spoke- "How did you do that?"

- "You've tried bringing Reapers back before and they died like this?"

Nyko nodded to Clarke's question, still unable to believe what was happening. Well, seems we found a solution. About damn time.

- "What is it?"

     Everything started to make sense. Nyko's confirmation of my suspicions and Sam's idea of the revert process clicked together.

- "I know how to stop the attack."

- "Then let's get moving people," -Sam clapped a couple of times, rushing us to move- "come on."

- "Wait, someone has to stay here with Lincoln while I go tell my mom. Nyko," –I faced him- "I need to speak to your Commander."

Nyko nodded, looking at Lincoln before he rushed out of the dropship. I turned to face Sam, knowing what I had to do next.

- "I'll go talk with the Commander–"

- "You can't go alone, who knows–"

- "Well, you can't go with her, Finn." –Sam interrupted him as he had interrupted me- "You saw how Nyko reacted. If they know who you are, they'll kill you on sight."

- "You'll come with me, Sam."

- "Well," -Sam tilted her head as she looked at me- "I was not planning to serve as a babysitter anyway so fine with me."

- "But she was there too." –Bellamy argued, taking a couple of steps to stand in front of her- "They'll kill you."

- "You wanna go instead?" –Sam scoffed- "With your rifle and your not-at-all-intimidating manners?" –she softened her expression and smiled at him- "No offense, but you'd only make things worse."

- "Nyko didn't try to kill Sam." –Octavia told him- "She'll be fine, you know it."

- "Sam was there when I spoke with Anya. She has to be there when I talk with the Commander."

- "I didn't know I was getting a promotion from 'annoying wreck' to 'bodyguard'." -Sam chuckled, nodding pleased- "Now, this is what I'm talking about."

- "So, it's settled: Sam and I will go to talk with the Commander while you keep an eye on Lincoln." –I stated, looking at Bellamy and Octavia- "Finn, you'll be safer at the camp so you are coming back with us."

- "We don't have time to waste," -Finn nodded, walking to the hatch- "let's go."

- "Sam?" –I asked seeing she wasn't following.

- "I'll catch up."

     I hated that Clarke was pushing Sam to go with her, even when Sam didn't need anyone to encourage her to do the most reckless and dangerous things. I didn't want her to go because I was terrified she wouldn't come back. Maybe Nyko hadn't hurt her but the other Grounders may just see her as someone from the sky and jump on her. I shook my head, trying to let go of those thoughts, watching as Sam turned to face Octavia before speaking again.

- "I told you it was going to be just fine, see?"

- "Yeah." –Octavia smiled, looking at Lincoln and then at her- "Be safe."

- "I always am."

- "But this time for real, alright?"

- "I'll try my best."

Octavia hugged Sam, the latter running her hand down her hair and kissing her head as she pulled back, watching as Octavia moved toward Lincoln, sitting next to him. At least one thing had gone right that afternoon. I moved beside Sam.

- "Lighten up, Blake." -Sam spoked after I sighed- "You are ruining the mood."

- "Will you think with your head when you are in front of the Commander?"

She turned to face me with her eyebrow raised and her arms crossed over her chest.

- "I'll do what's best to keep our people alive. Have a little faith."

- "You stay alive."

- "I'll try my best."

- "Sam, this is serious. You were in that village when Finn snapped, they could kill you if they wanted."

- "I know you too well to know what you are actually thinking, Bell. I know you don't want me to go not because I was in the village but because it's dangerous, but you know me too well to know you can't stop me, so please, just trust me to do the best I can for everyone."

- "That's what worries me."

- "Why?"

- "Because I know you'll truly do the best for our people, even if that means giving your life."

I looked into her eyes, hoping she would deny it, hoping she'd say anything to ease my mind but knowing too well she wouldn't, so I just held her in my arms. She moved her arms and wrapped them around me so I tightened my grip around her. I was afraid. With Sam, I always seemed to be. We stayed like that until she broke away from me.

- "I have to go." –she smiled, cupping my face with her hands- "Take care of O for me."

- "Come back to me, Sam."

I took her hands in mine, hoping I could get her to stay just where she was. But I couldn't. Sam couldn't be tied down. And, even if I could, I wouldn't do it. She simply kissed my cheek and nodded before turning away, her hands slipping from mine as she walked to the hatch, disappearing through it as I watched her go with my heart clenched inside my chest.

     I had sat next to Lincoln to keep an eye on him, happy knowing he'd be okay. My eyes moved to Sam as soon as Bellamy's feelings started to seep through his words. We both knew Sam would go wherever danger was but I also knew Bellamy only wanted her to stay by his side, unharmed. I knew I should've given them their time, but I couldn't help it and kept listening, smiling to myself as Bellamy pulled her into a hug before she disappeared through the hatch, Bellamy's posture changing immediately. Will they just kiss already?

- "You both need to start talking about what's going on between you two." –my voice made Bellamy straighten up and face me- "If I had lost Lincoln without telling him how I felt, I would have never forgiven myself."

- "It's not the same, O."

- "Oh, it is. Plain and simple: you love her, she loves you, what else is there?"

- "I know that."

- "Then?" –I raised from the ground and walked towards him- "What's your issue?"

- "My issue is her." –he spoke harshly as I took a step back in surprise- "I can't tell her how I feel, what if I ruin what we have or what if she doesn't feel the same? What if me saying how I feel makes her put her life on the line even more and dies? What would I do without her, O? I can't."

- "Hold on a second," –I approached him, trying to comprehend why he was such a mess- "did you just say 'what if she doesn't feel the same'? Are you seriously that oblivious? She loves you! I know Sam is hard to read but you must've noticed how she's around you, right?"

- "I know she loves me, same way she loves you."

- "You're unbelievable." –I sighed, feeling like I could pull my hair out- "I don't get it."

- "She loves me, but I am in love with her. There's a difference."

- "I see nothing of what I say will make you see the reality in front of you. Just talk to her, alright?" –I moved back to sit next to Lincoln- "And stop boycotting your own happiness, put yourself first for once in your life. If you take too long, someone else may–"

- "Yeah, Raven, I know." -Bellamy ran his hand through his hair as I watched him- "If Sam likes Raven, I'm not going to stand in her way."

- "Have you considered that maybe, it was just a one-time thing?"

- "Have you seen them together?" -Bellamy scoffed- "I need to think."

And with that and before I could say anything else, he got out of the level. I kept my eyes on the hatch for a moment. I understood where Bellamy was coming from but I also knew neither Sam nor Raven were looking for a relationship, which was why I thought what they had was more of a casual fling than a loving, romantic one. I knew they had bonded quickly but not in that sense. At least not yet. But Bellamy was in his head about it. I turned my attention to Lincoln. Maybe I was a little harsh but if anyone down here deserves to be happy those are my best friend and my brother; Sam and Bell.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

374K 9.1K 25
if all my choices are mistakes, I'll say I'm learning book 1 » the 100, season 1
6.3K 295 8
I lose battles, but I always win the war book 6 » the 100, season 6 「slow updates」
56.9K 1.8K 68
{BOOK 2} [ 𝐈𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝟑 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡𝐬 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐁𝐮𝐧𝐤𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐝 �...
348K 7.1K 51
This is book one of Bellarke One-shots One shots 1-50 The 100 cw Clarke and Bellamy One shots Bellarke I don't own the the 100 o