Frozen In Time | H. Rogers ✓

By Malielena

book one of captain america's daughter UNDER HEAVY EDITING! like all lives. it starts somewhere, you might... More

introduction
cast for hazel's beginning
one - hazel rogers
stan lee
two - alone forever
three - not a scratch
four - let the truth sting
five - gone and passed
six - being tested
seven - flashbacks
eight - mini hero
ten - stone cold lier
eleven - post credits
the avengers cast
one - dog tags
two - hope for the hopeless
three - heavy secrets
four - kneel
five - lightning and slumber
six - ants and boots
seven - blueberries
eight - chaos
nine - safest person
ten - reveal
eleven - here comes the war
twelve - assemble
thirteen - one way trip
fourteen - someone's daughter
fifteen - post credits
the winter solider cast
one - on your left
two - fear not freedom
three - so long
four - 1:03 am
five - excuse me?
six - jet sabotage
seven - zola's algorithm
eight - mighty bird suit
nine - bucky?
ten - i knew him
eleven - true colors
twelve - i promise
thirteen - we won
fourteen - i'll miss you
fifteen - post credits
next book annoucement

nine - i can do this all day

16.4K 463 685
By Malielena

Hazel's POV

We rode in the car for such a long time that I fell asleep.

"Peggy..where are we?" I yawned.

"Wheaton, New Jersey."

"You went this far to visit an army camp?" I rubbed my eyes.

"It's not just any army camp." she pulled into a parking space.

It was busy with army men, they looked like they were training.

"You said my father was an soldier, is this where he was?" I asked.

"Yes, he's from here." Peggy whispered and parked the car.

I opened my door and looked all around me. It looked homey.

"SOLDIER FALL IN!" I heard someone yell and a poor soldier panicked then caught up.

"Come along Hazel." Peggy patted my shoulder.

I followed her inside a concrete building, it was full of so many people inside, all dressed in suits.

"Peggy! Welcome to shield." I saw Howard hug her. "Hey, there mini Rog- Carter" he smiled at me.

"Hey." I smiled back and looked around and saw a circle in the middle of the wall that had an eagle and it said 'Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division' around it.

"That's a mouthful." I pointed at the emblem

"We get that a lot." Howard said.

"What's Shield?" I asked

"Hazel, it's a special service, you can't tell anyone about this okay?" She gave me a serious look.

"Oh...Okay" I responded.

"Peggy come, uh Hazel" He pointed to a seat. "I think you should stay here."

"But-" I pouted

"Hazel this is important." Peggy stated, "I'll be back soon." She said and left with Howard.

"Yay loneliness" I sighed and sat down.

Secret service? Like the FBI?

I thought to myself for a few minutes.

I don't think she'll mind if I go look around, plus I stopped a thief last night so what could go wrong?

                                 •  •  •

It was a small place, everyone was minding their own business.

There was pictures all around the wall with Peggy herself and Howard plus a couple of random people I've never seen before.

I found a little area that has bookshelves everywhere and boxes with flies.

Of course I looked in a couple boxes but nothing interesting.

Hm Steve Rogers, I read a filing cabinet that was labeled as Captain Rogers.

Man was there a ton of stuff in there, it literally said everything about him. His mother's name was Sarah and his father's name was Joseph.

I pulled out a paper in the back that read. 'Bluebird, 11, Relation: Daughter.'

Who the heck is bluebird? It better not be Wendy.

He was a very sick man before the serum. I'm surprised he lived through the experiment.

I pulled out another paper. 'James Buchanan Barnes. Killed in action.'

"That's sad" I said out loud.

"Hey kid!, Those are private files and those are not toys!" A lady snatched the papers from my hands and put them neatly away. "How are you here? How did you get past security?" She put her hands on her hips.

"Uh, I'm Hazel Carter. I'm just bored and my mother is taking awhile talking to someone."

"Wait Carter? Hazel Carter?" She looked shocked.

"Yes, Carter..." I looked at her confused.

"Uh.. anyway, you should sit down and wait for her. don't snoop around things that you shouldn't be looking at." She shut the cabinet and guided me back to that damn chair.

"Stay here Miss Carter." She smiled at me and walked off.

• • •

I sat for a while because the lady was at her desk near me and she could see if I got up.

Time to escape. I looked up and saw her leave her desk. I instantly got up from the chair and ran to the room on the opposite side.

Kiss my grits woman.

It was a weird room with these square boxes and multiple buttons on them.

Wow, we have evolved into robots, what're next portable telephones? I looked around and spotted some man sitting alone in the corner putting something together.

From what I saw he was practically bald and wore ugly circle glasses.

Okay, nothing here. I turned and started walking out.

"Wait!" I heard the man speak with a heavy accent. "Hi?" I looked back at him.

"What is a young little fräulein doing here?" he smiled at me.

"Uh, I'm just looking around..." I awkwardly smiled back.

"Ah okay, What's your name?" he questioned me.

"Hazel Carter." I answered. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Are you sure? I was sure that your last name started with an R." He seemed sure of himself.

"Nope, I'm 100 percent sure it's Carter" I nodded back at him.

"I'm Doctor Zola" He put his hand for me to shake.

"Nice to meet you, Doctor Zola" I shook his hand.

This guy gives me the creeps.

"Well, I'm going to look around some more." I put my hand in my coat pocket and walked off.

"Bye now fräulein," he whispered.

Why is there so many weird people here? Where does shield get these people?

• • •
Third Person POV

"it's time, finish the job Phillip, she's alone"

"But she's in shield territory" 

"Not for long"

                                •   •   •
Hazel's POV

Well, I've seen everything I could Possibly see here. I'm going to check out the outside.

I walked out slowly, watching for that woman incase she saw me.

I never thought I would be scared of somebody I don't even know.

I skipped down the dirt walkway, seeing soldiers running everywhere.

"Ah fresh air" I inhaled and smiled.

"No one has got that flag Since Captain Rogers!" I heard yelling.

I looked behind me and saw men scrambling to climb up it.

"Hm." I looked at it.

"Fall in!" The trainer man yelled and all the soldiers lined up. I shrugged and walked up to the trainer.

"Excuse me, sir" I tapped his shoulder.

"I said fal-" he turned around and looked down at me. "What is a child doing here?" he furrowed his eyebrow at me.

"Can I try to get the flag sir?" I smiled at him.

"Uh, Sure" he laughed like he knew I couldn't do it and the soldiers laughed along with him.

"Hm" I walked up to the pole.

Okay, it's impossible to climb that, let's see, OH!

I kneeled down and jiggled out the metal rods and the pole fell.

"There we go." I pulled off the flag and handed it to the guy. He and the soldiers had shocked looks on their faces.

"Maybe if you soldiers used your brains you would be able to do that." I smiled and walked down the dirt path.

"Dumbasses" I whispered.

I put my hands in my coat pocket and breathed in the air, I wish we had more of this in Brooklyn.

I sat down under a tree in the grass. Finally, peace and quiet.

I leaned my head against the trunk and closed my eyes, I never get to be alone.

SNAP

I opened my eyes and saw three men dressed in black walking towards me.

I stood up. "Uh hi, I'm just relaxing." I smiled at them but one of them took out a cloth that had a horrible smell.

"Hey back up!" I balled my fists, ready to fight back.

I felt two arms grab me from behind and I flipped him over me.

"Leave me alone. I didn't do anything!" I pushed one of them back.

"You're coming with us, Rogers." One of them swung at me but I dodged it and kicked him in the knee.

"You have the wrong girl." The other dude pushed me back, I fell and hit my head on the tree.

"Stop fighting kid." The man with the cloth said.

I stood up and felt the blood trickling from the back of my head. "I can do this all day" I punched one down and knocked him out. I didn't hold back.

"No, you can't," one of the men said and punched me in the mouth.

Blood falling from my lip, I punched and kicked but they never went down. They were trained well. Way better then me.

I backed up and was grabbed by two men and felt a sharp pain in my neck.

I looked to my side and saw a man pull a needle out of my neck.

Everything was blurry and spinning...

All the pain numbed...

Everything went black

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

582K 13.2K 24
This is the story of Brooke Rogers. Brooke is 14 years old and is a lab experiment, she was 1 in 1000 to have survived the experiment. The experiment...
306K 7.8K 29
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be the daughter of a member of the Avengers? Never in your whole life did you think that you would le...
9.1K 402 24
"I'll spin for you like your favorite records used to." IN WHICH a light-hearted and playful agent of S.H.I.E.L.D is paired with the humorless patrio...
11K 202 20
I am currently trying to find the motivation to edit this dumpster fire of a story so bear with me :) This story is set during civil war and is the s...