[1] gratefully invisible ~ ja...

By redwings_birdss

❝LISTEN, I KNOW YOU'RE NEW, CULLEN, BUT THIS IS MY TERRITORY. SO MOVE AWAY AND FIND ANOTHER SEAT.❞ ... More

GRATEFULLY INVISIBLE
|PART ONE - TWILIGHT|
|PLAYLIST - ONE|
| 00 |
|01|
|02|
|03|
|04|
|05|
|06|
|07|
|08|
|09|
|10|
|11|
|12|
|13|
|14|
|15|
|17|
|18|
|19|
|20|
|21|
|22|
|23|
|24|
|25|
|26|
|27|
|28|
|29|
|30|
AUTHOR'S NOTE

|16|

11.8K 329 39
By redwings_birdss

'I'M SIMPLY NOT TELLING THE COMPLETE TRUTH, THERE'S A DIFFERENCE.'

|16|

HUNTER BARKED PLAYFULLY AT LILIAN'S SIDE AND THE BLONDE KNEW THAT HE WAS TRYING TO CHEER HIS OWNER UP. But it didn't help. Lilian was angry and offended, how could her own mother try to set her up with people she didn't want to be with? Of course, the Quileutes were incredibly nice people, but they had some unknown reason of resentment towards outsiders and then especially the Cullen family. Everyone who stood out a little was marked as a creature from their legends. When she was younger, Cristina had called Collin her little wolf, and Lilian had been different, and because of her cold character treats, tribe members whom sought answers in the Quileute legends, marked her as a young Cold One. A creature that could be resembled a vampire.

All those legends were pure rubbish to Lilian, and she knew that her mother had now truly gone mental. Charlie had even told her that her mother had moved from the hospital in Forks to the one in La Push, and that the Quileute's refused to enter the hospital in Forks. – The world had gone mad around Lilian, and it slowly tried to pull her down with it.

Hunter growled lowly, snapping Lilian up from her thoughts. She rose from the tree trunk she'd sat on to think about her night and brought her hand to the revolver on her thigh. Shrubs rustled and moved, as Lilian looked at the same path she'd walked.

"Finally! I found you," Jasper Hale exhaled out of nowhere, and he startled Lilian.

"Great Gods, Jasper..." Lilian panted, catching up her breath and placing one of her hands on her heart.

Hunter now barked playfully again and greeted Jasper happily, but Lilian nevertheless noticed that the dog still looked cautious.

"Why are you here, actually?" Lilian asked, sitting back on the tree trunk. Jasper sat down next to her, his face showing relief and Lilian swore his skin looked even more white in the moonlight. His honey blond hair seemed to have a silver glow from the moon and Jasper's topaz-colored eyes were vibrant in the dark night.

"I went looking for you," Jasper said, "I couldn't stand Lauren's flirting anymore, so I started to look for you. When I couldn't find you anywhere in the house, I thought of what Collin had told me about your... dendrophilia. So, I asked him what your favorite place was, and went to look for you here."

In reality, Jasper had just asked Alice and she'd told him where to be at what time.

Lilian swallowed away the tears that were coming up when she thought of the fact why she went into the woods this night. The anger and hurt had made her cry again, something she did more often than she wanted to.

One single tear rolled down her cheek as Lilian sat back and simply looked at the moon. The place they sat was a small clearing, where the trees showed the sky in it's most amazing way. Lilian loved this place, it was her special spot, the place she sought solitude if she felt the need for it.

"Thanks," Lilian whispered, not sure if she could get anymore out without hiccupping from tears. She felt completely upset, and it felt like a bucket had caught its last drop before it flooded. But was her bucket this small, or did it fill through years, but unnoticed by her?

"No problem," Jasper said, moving closer towards Lilian to put his arm around her. Lilian leaned against his arm, noticing that it felt like a cold, marble statue's. Her head started to work, but it didn't work as accurate and equitable as usual. Her brain didn't want to put all these peculiar treats into a conclusion. Somewhere, Lilian had a suspicion of what the Cullens could be, but something inside her didn't want to give in and have her realize it.

Silence consumed both of them, as they stared to nothing in particular. Lilian breathed slowly, feeling waves of calmness around her... it felt abnormal, but somewhere normal as well. Lilian had noticed that a lot of things seemed both familiar and unfamiliar to her, it felt incredibly... weird. Normally, she'd never doubted her judgement, nor had she ever let the emotions and personalities of people weight with it. Lilian felt as if she was becoming wiser and weaker at the same moment, the power of her mind against her heart was weakening.

"Lil, are you sure you're alright?" Jasper's cold breath brushed Lilian's hair, sending a shiver down her spine. The blonde woke up from her daydream and looked up at the boy that was her friend, a friend she'd promised a date and a friend she'd kissed earlier that night.

"Yeah," Lilian lied, "I'm alright."

"Don't lie, Lilian," Jasper scolded her, looking at her firmly, and suddenly, Jasper's eyes looked incredibly old and tired, but Lilian shook it off.

"I'm not lying," Lilian said, "I'm simply not telling the complete truth, there's a difference." Jasper chuckled lowly, before looking at her anticipately.

"So, what is the truth then? The whole truth," Jasper asked, when Lilian hadn't replied to his stare. Lilian sighed and nervously ran a hand through her hair.

"Well, the truth is: I'm fine..." Lilian started, speaking soft and carefully.

"But?" Jasper insisted.

"But something's off. I-I can't think clearly," Lilian blurted out, her mask not breaking, though. It was just slightly cracked.

"Lilian," Jasper said softly, his hand reaching for her face to brush away a string of hair, "That's called being human. There's nothing to be ashamed of."

Lilian shook her head out of sudden and her ice blue eyes regained their confidence again. The tears that were in her eyes a few seconds before were now gone. Lilian Harper had rebuilt her walls and closed them again.

"So, when are we going on that date?" She asked, her voice clear and somewhere mocking again.

The next week of the holiday break, remained silent and uneventful, except for the fact that Lilian Harper was more seen around the Chief of Police than around her parents, her mother especially. Lilian knew exactly why she didn't want to be anywhere near her mother. Cristina Harper had broken her daughters trust, by saying that she was planning on removing Lilian and Collin from Forks High School and put them on the school in the Reservation of La Push. This statement had caused into a heavy fight between them. Collin, of course, had been angry too, but he'd talked his mother out of it. Lilian, on the other hand, had told her mother that she was now eighteen, and that if she'd ever  pull a trick like that again, she'd move out.

The Harper-girl and her mother had then and there sealed their relationship as demolished beyond repair, not that there ever had been a great relationship, but now there was none. Lilian showed respect and Cristina showed respect, but they didn't spare each other a glance if it wasn't necessary.

Thus, to those events in the house of the Harpers, Lilian had taken up Charlies offer to become his intern and work at the Police Department of Forks as forensic scientist. It paid well, and Lilian been occupied with what she liked the most: investigate. Her other job, as Charlie's intern, was to help him with making his house 'teenager-proof'. Bella Swan, Charlie's daughter, would return to Forks after almost seventeen years. The girl was barely three months old when her mother took her and ran from Chief Swan.

Lilian helped Charlie with cleaning her room and taking out some bedsheets, as the saleslady couldn't pick a color. Pink or purple, was all she had, and Lilian had mentally slapped herself, multiple times, when Charlie honestly considered taking the pink one.

During all the drama going on in Lilian's life, the girl had only this Sunday realized that school started tomorrow. She was rushing from place to place to organize everything and make sure that her care had enough fuel, that her laptop was charged and that she had made all her homework. She'd missed the doorbell when someone had tolled, and she missed the sound of footsteps up the stairs. Lilian even missed the fact that her bedroom-door opened, and someone stepped in. She was too engaged with the questions from her Italian class to notice any of her surroundings.

"Those questions are pretty hard indeed," a voice spoke up from her left. Lilian's head jerked up and her eyes looked right into the golden ones of Rosalie Hale.

"MOTHER OF GOD!" Lilian screamed, falling from her chair of shock. Rosalie's melodic laugh filled her ears and Lilian shook her head, "Don't scare me like that, Rose. Besides, what are you doing here and who let you in? It certainly wasn't that superstitious woman that lives downstairs," Lilian added in a growl.

"Alice's visiting Collin, again, and the boys are away for a camping trip, so I thought: Maybe it'd be nice to visit my future sister-in-law?" Rosalie mocked, seeing how Lilian raised her eyebrows at 'future sister-in-law'.

"What the hell do you mean with that, Rose? It's not like I'm marrying Jasper if we're planning to go out on one date," Lilian said, getting up from the ground she still sat on and walking towards her bed, falling down with a grunt.

"Just you wait," Rosalie mumbled, "but I wasn't talking about you and my brother. I was talking about the fact that Alice and Collin are obviously  planning on it. I mean, they haven't told each other, but their minds are planning on it."

"With that I can be alright, I guess," Lilian admitted, rolling around and looking at the time. 9 PM, and it was a school's night.

"Why the hell is Alice visiting Collin at this time of the day?" She asked herself, then turning to Rosalie, "Why aren't you tired yet? Don't you have flaws that are called limited energy, woman?"

Rosalie chuckled, "I do, but I live with Emmett, I don't tire fast, but if you're tired, I think I'm going to drag Alice home, if I can separate those two. By the way, my brother's picking you up at half past seven, tomorrow," Rosalie warned her.

Lilian groaned, she'd forgotten about that too. Jasper was going to give her a ride to school to show off the fact that they were dating, "Good night, Rosalie," Lilian said, as Rosalie closed the door and Lilian's eyelids started to feel too heavy. Just ten minutes, I need to put on my pajamas and eat something... She thought, before drifting off to sleep.

________

SO, ANOTHER UPDATE. DID YOU GUYS LIKE IT? I HOPE YOU DID. LET ME HEAR IT IF YOU GUYS GOT SOME MORE IDEAS. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE! XXX

_______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 36.7K 25
❝My people are different, hidden. I have even become a master at staying secret. It's really a miracle that you were able to find me.❞ ❝I'm still t...
125K 3.3K 13
❝Even though they never said it to each other, they knew.❞ Cassandra Cullen was one of Carlisle Cullen's adoptive daughters in human eyes. But in rea...
19.2K 396 27
Althea is a genius, who moved to Forks, Washington from France after witnessing the death of her mother to live with her step-father and step-brother...
72.6K 2.9K 27
˗ˏˋ꒰ πŸ¦‹ κ’± - Μ₯ΫͺΝ™ΫͺΛšβ”Šβ› 𝐐𝐔𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐀 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐀 βœβ”ŠΛš Μ₯ΫͺΝ™Ϋͺβ—Œ β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝ [Whatever will be, will be. The future is not ours to see. Don't worry, if it's supposed...