In The Spectrum [ N.C. ] ON H...

By JuliForbes

I may be in the spectrum, That's ok with me, It's not their spectrum that I'm in, This they failed to see... More

Sneak Peek
Chapter 2 - Let's be friends
Chapter 3 - Coffee buddies
Chapter 4 - Doctor's Office
*Chapter 5 - LOST GIRL
Chapter 6 - You make me smile
Chapter 7 - Beer and text messages
Chapter 8 - Tingly...
Chapter 9 - More of your time...
*Chapter 10 - CRUSH
Chapter 11 - Girlfriend
Chapter 12 - Mac and Cheese
Chapter 13 - I'm not stupid
Chapter 14 - It's been a long while

Chapter 1 - Google Appointment

483 19 10
By JuliForbes

I was sitting under the big oak tree near my creative writing classroom. It was my regular spot, the shade was nice, it was windy, it was quiet, and it was not far from the coffee shop or the cafeterias.

I saw the people passing by and I was even shaking my head and laughing to myself when I was eavesdropping into other people's conversations. People in this university sometimes where so shallow. I had to work my ass off getting an scholarship and some of them just got in so easily. That people never really had to made an effort to get what they wanted.

That's why it amused me so much sometimes to hear what they said to each other. Talking about clothing brands or expensive vacations. All I was doing here was passing all of my classes and trying to find some friends that weren't incredibly annoying.

I had accomplished that, sort of. It's been 2 years and I've been able to find a few people that were not void and stupid. But it wasn't always like that, there was a time where I would let all this people starstruck me, to invite me to clubs and buy me things, and I would even lie to myself and act differently just to fit in with them.

Those days where I would get drunk out of my mind and almost lose my scholarship were over. Some of those friends remained, but they weren't as much.

I took my phone out of my pocket and frowned when I saw a new message from an unknown number. The content in it was specially weird.

Unknown:
Noah Centineo?

I thought for awhile before actually responding. I didn't want to sound rude but I couldn't just give out information.

Me:

'who's asking?'

I reply sharply trying to get a hint of what this might be about.

Unknown:
Olivia Forbes, I want to buy the book you were announcing on the library's board.

I chuckled in relief and realization of how mean I must've sound. I had posted an announcement to sell a book, it had been a couple of weeks and still no one had tried to buy it, this people here don't buy used books apparently. This girl did nonetheless.

Me:
'Okay, this is Noah, umm do you think you can come to the big oak tree near the C3 building? I'll be here untill 5pm.'

Unknown:
what's your email?

I frowned at her odd question, but shrugged it off giving it to her.

Me:

'Centineo.Noah@gmail.com, why?'

Unknown:
to make an appointment.

I frowned reading her text and then got a notification on my phone, it was a new email. From Olivia, I chuckled when I saw it was a calendar appointment.

**

Creative Writing 101, book pick-up .
August 23rd, 2018.
4:00pm - 4:30pm
Building C3.

Accept | Decline.

**

I chuckled shaking my head but accepting the appointment either way. Maybe it was a very forgetful girl that needed to make appointments for everything or else she'd forget. Maybe I needed something like that because I tend to forget everything.

-----

I stretched on my bed as I took my phone in my hands to check the time. Wow my nap was almost 2 hours long. That's what happens when you have to stay up studying all night.

Checking my notification board I saw a little reminder: Creative writing 101, book pick-up, in 15 minutes.

I gasp and sit up in my bed rubbing my eyes harshly with my hands. Even if I'm given a fucking calendar reminder I forget about it. Way to go, Noah.

I stand up from the bed and look at my hair in the mirror, it is going everywhere after that nap. I can't go around campus like that.

I grab a beanie and pull back the mess hiding it inside the hat. I grab my keys, the book and my phone and I leave my dorm quickly.

It'll be quite the walk to reach the spot I asked her to meet me in. Maybe I can't make it on time, I hope she doesn't just leave if I'm not there. I sighed and speed up to get there sooner.

It was 4:15pm when I reached the tree, there were many people walking around but just one black haired girl sitting on the grass with a notebook on her hands writing something.

It was obviously her.

"Olivia Forbes?" I ask trying to get her attention away from the notebook. She left her pen to the side and lifter her head. She looked in my eyes for 2 seconds and then her eyes moved somewhere else.

"Noah Centineo, you're late." she said closing her notebook and standing up from the floor.

Wow, she was gorgeous. She looked in my eyes for 2 seconds and still managed to hypnotized me. She had long straight black hair and beautiful blue eyes. Had she escaped from a Disney princess movie? Snow white is that you?

Are those freckles?

Yup. I'm definitely screwed

"I'm so sorry, I..." I frowned not really knowing what to say, I sighed shaking my head " I fell a sleep, I'm sorry for being late." I say softly and she just nods shrugging. She reaches for her pocket and takes her wallet out. Her body language shows how shy she is.

"so... it is $35, right?" i nod quickly and just offer the book I've been carrying all the way from my dorm.

"there you go, I hope you give it a good use"

She nodded as she took it in her hands and gave me the money, I smiled softly at her and she stood there not really smiling back.

"I will... I really needed the book and couldn't find it in any bookstore" she shrugged and just watched how her pink plum lips moved with every word she said, she saved the book on her bag and prepared to leave.

"thanks for the book, Noah Centineo" she said softly and turned around to leave.

"Wait!" I say a little louder, she turns around and looks at me frowning. I sigh and scratch the back of my head. She was silent, expecting me to say something and I didn't even know what to say next.

"umm.. I..." shit. I must look so stupid to her "I'd like to see you again" I get the courage to say, the girl shifted her weight from one leg to another and tilted her head a little to the side.

"why?" she inquired, I didn't know if it was rhetorical or not, but she didn't seem to have a mean face, she was genuinely curious about it.

"I don't know... I want to know you, maybe be your friend" I shrugged, of course that I'd try to be something else, but I needed to know her first, she didn't seem as shallow as the other girls around here, I was sick of dating that kind of girls.

"I haven't made any friends in here... " she said shrugging and taking her phone out of her pocket. "is Thursday at 3pm, okay?" she asked and the little glance I took at her screen, I saw she was creating the event on her calendar. She was so weird and cute at the same time.

"yeah it's fine, don't you prefer that we go to the coffee place near the library? " I reply and seconds later she is sending the invitation, I chuckle when my phone vibrates indicating I got a new email. It was hers of course. There's so much about her that I don't know, but I'm craving to know .

"no, I don't like it in there, it's too loud."

"do you like it here?" I asked softly and she nodded, I smiled at her response "then, I'll be here" 

_ _

* Me whenever Noah Speaks*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 911 20
|𝐉𝐔𝐉𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐔 𝐊𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐍 𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑| ~•𝐉𝐮𝐣𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐮 𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐧•~ ~•𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬•~ ~•𝐘/𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚...
73.4K 2.5K 48
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
173K 4.9K 67
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
1M 35.6K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...