Ashra (Editing)

By Ariastgracile

By the middle of the twenty-first century technology had advanced far enough that it is now possible to creat... More

Dedication
Prologue
Chapter One: Lady Pirate, Pirate Queen
Chapter Two: In The Belly Of The Beast, Literally
Chapter Three: The Dark Lord Of Space Is...
Chapter Four: What it is like to be Alone
Chapter Five: The Woman who Rivaled the Captain
Chapter Six: He is a Gentle Man
Chapter Seven: Suspicious Activity
Chapter Eight: A Ship in Dire Straits
Chapter Nine: Hidden Truth, Honest Lies
Chapter Ten: Persevere Onwards
Chapter Eleven: Escapes Always go Wrong
Chapter Twelve: A Fighter She is, a Lover She is Not
Chapter Thirteen: Trouble in the Stars
Chapter Fourteen: Lying is Hard, Telling the Truth is Impossible
Chapter Fifteen: Strange Things on a Strange World
Chapter Sixteen: As a Rule, the Past is Always Tragic
Chapter Seventeen: Eyes That Secretly Adore
Chapter Eighteen: Sleepy Shenanigans
Chapter Nineteen: Expectations and Reality Rarely Coincide
Chapter Twenty: Never Anger a Clone
Chapter Twenty One: In the Palm of The Hand
Chapter Twenty Two: A Familiar Look
Chapter Twenty Three: Desperate Times Call for Desperate Measures
Chapter Twenty Four: A Never Ending Grudge
Chapter Twenty Five: A Safe House is Not a Safe house
Chapter Twenty Six: A Shared History, a History of Pain
Chapter Twenty Seven: Due Payment Must be Received
Chapter Twenty Eight: Overwhelming Urges
Chapter Twenty Nine: Leaving Again
Chapter Thirty: What Constitutes a Human
Chapter Thirty One: There is Only One
Chapter Thirty Two: Revelations, The Truth
Chapter Thirty Three: A Premature Goodbye
Chapter Thirty Four: Friends, Comrades
Chapter Thirty Five: Feelings That are Felt, Things That can not be Hidden
Chapter Thirty Six: Pain and Departure
Chapter Thirty Seven: Resolution, That Which can not be Stopped
Chapter Thirty Eight: Back in Command
Chapter Thirty Nine: A Pig and a Guard Dog
Chapter Forty: Tangled Emotions
Chapter Forty One: The Beginning of True Trust
Chapter Forty Two: Two of a Kind
Chapter Forty Three: Memories of Days Gone by
Chapter Forty Four: Awoken From a Deep Sleep
Chapter Forty Five: Unwavering Love, Unrelenting Fury
Chapter Forty Six, Part Two: The End is Near, Nearly Over
Chapter Forty Seven: A Feint Worthy of Fainting
Chapter Forty Eight: Resting Close in Peace
Epilogue
Afterword

Chapter Forty Six, Part One: Redemption

16 1 0
By Ariastgracile

Chapter Forty Six, Part One: Redemption

The calmness that had washed over them was broken by Lanta quietly cursing, her face grim, twisted in a frown. Her brows were furrowed as she drew closer to them.

"I hate to interrupt your reunion, but I dont think the Ran will make it back to the Suzeren." She said, voice strained and mildy tired. She held Kain by the back of his neck. Reminding Ashra of an owner holding a disobedient cat as she scolded it. Kains eyes were downcast as he stared fixedly down at the floor, still in a complete state of devastation.

Itys trembled, still holding Noam's head in his lap. Ashra hadn't thought it possible, but he instantly went three shades paler, looking as he if too was near death.

Dis... no, Hassin nodded, agreeing silently as he squeezed Ashra's hand.

"That throws a wrench in our plan. Io, can you call for the Dama to come to us and ask for them to send some medic?" Dis asked after a moment.

Io did so as quickly as she could.

"Umm...What...should we do now?" She asked, voice asked timid but concerned. "I mean, wasn't our plan to arrive without getting caught?" She gestured at Kain. "He'd probably already informed the Tower he's caught you."

It dawned on them all simultaneously that Io was right as Kain twitched guilty.

Ashra sighed. "Knowing him, she's definently right." Like Lanta, Dis' brows furrowed and he put his free hand to his chin.

"I doubt the original plan is possible at this point."

After a minute of deep thought, something glinted in his eyes and he let go of Ashra's hand. He gave her a gentle smile and strode towards Kain. The gentleness transformed into a wicked grin. Ashra said nothing, watching unsure about what he was doing, but trusting him.

Hassin motioned for Lanta to let go of Kain. Confused and looking to Ashra for a moment, nodded and did so.

Kain withered under the gaze of everyone but Hassin extended his hand, palm up.

"Give me your hand."

The room went deathly silent. Confusion erupted and bloomed on everyone's faces.

Hassin smile transformed into annoyed thin line when Kain refused to move, his expression that of Dis when he teased Ashra.

She quietly snorted, suddenly understanding what he was doing.

Once again he spoke, his tone demanding and icy.

"Give.. or I will rip your arm off."

Kain finally looked up, a small fire burning in his eyes and extended his hand. Hassin took it and pulled the boy close to him in a warm embrace. The whole room watched with bated breaths and confused expressions. Io looked to Ashra, a silent question on her lips. Ashra just smiled and looked on.

"They made you do horrible, horrible things.." Hassin spoke with a softness none of them were prepared for, and he tenderly held the young boy in his arms, his embrace tight. Kain slumped against Hassin.

"Big...big brother. Destroy me." Kain's voice was small, a stark contrast to the him of before. It was as if he'd regained his innocence.

Hassin shook his head. "I cannot." He released Kain slightly and beckoned to Ashra.

"Kain," Ashra began "if we destroy you, they'll only send you again, but next time you wont remember the truth."

"But-"

Hassin stopped Kain from replying. "That is why you'regoing to help us..."

A look of confusion passed Kain's face, instantly being replaced by understanding.

"We'll need you to do one last horrible thing, can you do that?" Ashra asked.
Kain nodded vigorously.

"Huh?" It was Io who spoke, her big green eyes wide. "What does that mean?" Her voice tinged with panic.

Hassin turned to look at her, his expression unreadable.

"We no longer are capable of going through with the original plan. To be honest, there was a high possibility it would have failed anyways." Ashra looked away trying to ignore penetrating gaze Hassin had sent her way. "We're going to use Kain against them. Instead of trying to break in, we'll go willingly."

Hassin looked around the room, the calm facade he'd been wearing faded from his face and his features became cold.

"That is, us three. " he added. The room erupted at his last two words.

"Bu-" Nezu went silent instantly, not daring to continue.

A glare Ashra attributed to the parts of him that remained from being Dis, quieted the room.

"You're all human," he looked towards Io and nezu. "Or atleast some variation. We are not. It'll be too dangerous for you."

"But you can't...We're all going to take down the tower together. Isnt that what we agreed on? You cant just go alone..." Io's voice quivered, it was obvious she was on the verge of tears.

"You're not coming." He said. The others tried to protest.

"That was always your plan anyways, wasnt it, Ashra?" Asked Lanta through clenched teeth. Ashra looked away and nodded, not surprised at Lanta's astute observation.

"You really do know me. Tell me, when did you realize it?"

"The day you addressed the crew. It was a suicide mission from the start and you knew it. I told you, you cant hide things from me. He noticed it too, didnt you?"

Hassin nodded ever so slightly.

"Then why did we even have us come, why did we do any of this." Asked Lanta softly, obviously deeply hurt.

Ashra went still, tears welled up in her eyes. She blinked them away.

"It was always something only I could do, still... I need you. You're all my courage. And someone was going to have to be there in the aftermath."

Lanta looked away.  "I knew it, still..."

"The plan hasnt changed that much." Hassin stepped away from Kain and patted Lanta's head. She shot him a glare. 

"I know that, go away, you stupid bastard."

Hassin lifted his brow, his silver eyes narrowed.

Ashra stifled a chuckle. Hassin shot her a look of annoyance.

"She doesnt mean that. Mostly... I think. She's happy your here with me, she just cant being herself to say it.

Lanta went wide eyed and a brilliant carmine within seconds as all eyes shifted to her. She buried her face in her hands.

"I am so confused..."Nezu said as he scratched his head.

Itys tutted. "That insane woman was always planning on doing this solo. Most likely with the intention of not coming back. But since the original plan has been disrupted, Captain and her are going to go down as prisoners, using that kid to help them."

"Indeed," Hassin nodded his head. "Perhaps we should have made that clearer and she should have told you her intentions in the beginning."

Clearly annoyed but also very proud of himself, Itys huffed, about to say something when he suddenly looked down.  Once again Itys went three shades paler.

Below him Noam had shifted and moaned very softly. After what seemed like an hour, Noam opened his eyes ever so slightly and groaned.

"Oh man, my chest hurts." He leaned his head back and coughed before looking around to them all. Their shock apparent. "Why is everyone looking at me? Wait, why is my face wet," he glanced up at Itys, who's face was covered in tears once again. Noam reached up to touch Itys.

"Woah, did someone die?" He asked very seriously.  

Everyone errupted in a mix of laughter and relief. Noam looked from one end of the room to the other, still somewhat groggily.

"Seriously, who died?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5 0 9
The glistening homeworld of the Jambherian race is not as idyllic as it seems, slowly the perfect utopia unravels as the sinister truth of this alien...
3.5K 147 8
Androids. Many humans believed that androids were nothing but pieces of plastic and metal, designed to just accomplish tasks and orders that they gav...
398K 43.6K 59
WATTY 2019 WINNER Hale, a state of the art android, can do nearly anything a human can. He cooks meals, cleans and organizes the house, repairs broke...
221K 9.6K 44
His eyes drop to my lips before his mouth descends, capturing mine in an all consuming, over powering kiss and I moan almost instantly. He captures...