The Broken, Empty Shell (On H...

By TheBaseballGirl

Sadie has just gone through a very tragic experience. Losing her parents. But what happens when her brothers... More

The Broken, Empty Shell
The News
The Not So Midnight Creeper
The Punishment
Jealous much?
The Explanation
Movie Night....Or Maybe More
Getting Ready & Black Betty
The First Day
The First Day part 2
What's Wrong with My Feelings?
I'm Sorry.
I Promise
Overreaction Much?
Not My Secret To Tell
I'm Going To Be A Daddy!!
No More Risks.
The Baby...
The Dream
Proof Reader??
(Not A Chapter)
Moving On
Practice
News of A Lifetime
Rain's Proposal
The Game

The New Kid

162 6 2
By TheBaseballGirl

Sadie's POV:

My bed was shaking. What the hell?

"Sadie. Princess. Wake up." Dad?

"Baby girl, you have to wake up now. It's nine o'clock. Chase will be here soon. Remember?"

Oh yeah. That's right. Dad's gone. He left me. I feel the slightest bit of emotion. Although I have no idea what it is. Hmm. Well, that's new.

"I'm awake." I groaned. "Get off. Leave me alone. I need to take a shower."

Justin chuckles, but leaves the room none the less. I sit up, and pull my comforter off of me. Getting out of bed, I walk to my personal bathroom. I turn the water up as hot as I can take it without scalding myself, and prepare myself for a nice, long shower.

Thirty minutes later, I'm standing in front of my closet, trying to find something to wear. Should I dress to impress? Or not? Why do I even care? It's not like he's going to know me as any more than Justin's little sister. I end up just grabbing my favorite pair of cut off blue jeans, and my red and white Texas Rangers tank top. Hope he likes baseball.

I walk into the living room to see Justin on the phone. I sit down on the couch, and try to figure out what's going on,

"Yeah man, I understand. It's cool. Yeah. Okay. You there? Yeah? Alright, turn right on Maples....Ok. See a little fire hidrant? Yeah, no, the red one, dumbass. Yeah. Yeah. Just pull in the drive. Park behind the Ford F.150. It's my sisters. Yeah. Ok. We're on our way outside."

I'm walking outside by the time he hangs up. I watch as a Chevy Z71 pulls into our driveway. Nice. It's got a Uhaul on the back, so I take it he has quite a bit of stuff. I walk past the truck, I'll meet him later anways, and head straight for the Uhaul, so I can start to lug stuff inside. Reaching for the handle, I see a personal lock. Great. Now I have to meet him. Lovely, and yes, please note the sarcasm.

Seeing a shadow start my way, I look down at the ground at some ants. Feeling a presence next to me, I look up through my hair...and freeze.

Good God, this has to be the most gorgeous, greek god I have ever laid my eyes on. He's the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome. He's taller than my brother, I can tell already. He has to be at least 6'5". And he's so tan. Not like, overbearingly brown, but the more subtle, beach tan. With short brown hair that almost reaches his blue green hazel eyes.

Wow.

"Hi," He smiles sheepishly, showing his dimples. OH MY GOD DIMPLES!!!! Yayyy!! He has dimples!Wait, what the hell am I thinking?! He's my brothers friend. I can't be thinking like this. But now he's looking at my like I'm crazy...did I say something out loud? Oh please, dear Lord, tell me I didn't.

"What?" I ask dumbly.

"Wha-? Oh, uhm..nothing. I was just...Uh, I have my keys right here." He mumbles.

"Ok...did I have something on my face?" I ask.

"What? No! You're just really beau-" He starts, but gets interrupted by Justin.

"Hey man, oh, I see you've met Sadie." He says with a grin.

"Sadie? You're little sister? Man, I thought you said she was still in high school, bro?" He says, looking surprised.

"She is still in high school. She's a senior." He says, looking like he thinks Chase is stupid.

"Oh. Oh hey," He starts, turning back to me. "Do you have AP english this year?" I nod. "Awesome! The principal told me that I have the only senior AP english class this year, because there were only like, ten people that signed up for it. That's what's up."

"Cool. Yeah, I knew that not very many people signed up for it. Uhmm, you'll probably lose half your class within the first week though." I tell him, honestly. Half the kids that signed up only do it to see if they can, but once they find out how much homework we have, they drop the class as fast as they can. The other half, like me, do it because they like a challenge, and are smart enough to be able to finish the class.

"What??" He asks, with an adorable pout. Adorable? No. It's ugly. Note the sarcasm. No wait, don't! Oh, I don't know. He's so hot. NO! Sadie! Don't you DARE think about him like that! He's your brothers best friend! Plus, it's probably illegal. Don't be stupid. "You think I'm really gonna be that bad of a teacher??"

"NO! Of course not, it's just...people don't want to work. Especially outside of school. As in, they won't do the homework. So they'll fail. And once they realize that you actually do count the homework as a grade, they'll drop the class faster than you can say zero." I explain.

"Sadie?" Justin says in a strangled voice. I look at him questioningly. "What's wrong?" His eyes are narrowed, and flickering between his baby sister, and his best friend. "Do you like him?"

Chase's POV:

I look at the beautiful girl in front of me imploringly. Does she like me? I kind of hope she does. She's so gorgeous. The moment I saw her step out of the house, I lusted for her. She was just so damn sexy. But then when I got the the back of the Uhaul, and got a look at her face, I knew she wasn't just sexy. No, she was beautiful. And she didn't even know it. Staring at the ground, with a haunted look on her face. I didn't think she was too thrilled to have me back there with her. But then she looked up at me, and it was like an earth quake rocked my world. Her hazel eyes peeked up underneath her lashes at me, and my heart stopped. She was the epitome of greek goddesses. She was perfect. It's like she was Aphrodite incarnate. Ok, I know I'm a nerd. But really. It's the truth.

"No." Her mouth says defiantly. My heart breaks. And I'm sure it shows on my face, because when Justin looks at me, he raises one eyebrow, and gives me a look that says 'We'll be talking later'. Shit.

"Yeah, ok Sadie, sorry. I guess I was just getting ahead of myself. I just haven't heard you talk that much since Mom and Dad....Well, since we lost our family." Justin says, looking at me accusingly. My face warms up.

"Just because I don't talk to you, doesn't mean I don't want to talk, Justin." She says harshly, and stalks up the driveway.

"What the hell?" Justin mutters under his breath before he turns to me. "Well," He says louder. "What have you got to explain yourself?"

"Explain myself?" I ask incredulously. "What the hell have I got to explain myself for?!"

"What was with your reaction when Sadie said she doesn't like you?" He demands.

"What do you mean?" I ask hesitantly.

"I mean, why did your face look like you'd just lost your best friend?" He says, raising one eyebrow.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I said, grabbing my keys, and unlocking the doors, before grabbing the first box, and heading inside. Well, I thought to myself bitterly, this ought to be a fun year.

A few hours later, all my stuff was in my new room, conveniently located directly across the hall from Sadie's room. I sat on my new bed, unpacking a box of boxers, socks, and wife beaters when there was a knock on my door. I walked over to it, and opened it up to reveal Justin dressed in a pair of slacks, white button up shirt, and a blue tie. "I'm going out. Be good. Don't mess with Sadie, ok? I'll be back before dawn. She should be asleep till like, nine in the morning. If she asks, I'm in bed. I don't feel good, ok?"

"Sure bro, whatever. I'll just be in here." I agree.

"Ok." He leaves.

I go to shut the door, but feel and hear my stomach growl, and figure I oughta put some nurishment in it. Heading to the kitchen, I hear a door open. Turning around, I see Sadie standing there in some short shorts, and a sports bra, with a tight spaghetti strap shirt on over. "Hey," she whispers.

"Hi." I whisper back. "I thought you were asleep."

"I was. But I guess my stomach had other ideas." She says, staring right in my eyes.

"How ironic. Mine too. I was just heading to the kitchen, would you like to accompany me, madam?" I ask in my fake british voice.

She busts out laughing. "As long as....you don't....use that accent....anymore...ever!" She says in between giggle fits.

"Sold." I conccur with a grin.

She smiles back.

God, her smile.

"But," She starts, "We have no food." She admits with a frown.

"No food?" I ask.

"No food." She agrees. "I haven't gone shopping yet. I will tommorrow, though, ok?"

"Can I come with you?" I blurt out, and her eyes widden. "I mean, I don't have to, I was just wondering if I can go to help...suggest...healthier food products?" I finish lamely. I had no idea. I just wanted to be with her.

"You think I'm fat?" She demands.

"What?! NO! Hell no! I think you're gorgeous! Beyond gorgeous. You're super sexy. Totally!" I blubber uncontrollably. She looks down at the floor, slightly angling her body back towards her room. "Hey wait," I whisper, putting my arm on her shoulder. Her eyes widden, and look up in my eyes, and feel my body unconciously move forward, and put my other hand on her face, pushing it up to look in my eyes again. She reaches up on her toes, and shortens the space between us. She pushes her face further up, and i lean down further, to get closer to her. She moves her face past my lips though, and puts her mouth on my ear.

"I was kididng." She whispers, before pushing past me and grabbing her keys off the table. "Now move you're truck so I can go get us a pizza." She demands

Good God. This little girl just beat me at my own game. I'm the one who teases girls. NOT the other way around.

Ok, sweetheart. Don't worry, I'll have you wrapped around my finger in no time. You'll be just another girl I've got under the belt.

But somehow, that thought makes my stomach churn sickeningly, and my heart hurt.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30 0 15
In her world full of trauma, entrepreneurship, loyalty, and insecurities, she finally decides to disappear from everything. Aside from her breakup wi...
4.7K 51 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...
468 129 31
Casey and her brother Harry became incredibly close after the sudden death of their parents two years ago and forced to move in with their aunt Kimbe...
195K 6.3K 35
[Complete - Wattpad Featured Story April 2018 ] "You have a contract?" Chase ripped the papers out of Lewis' hands. "And you signed it?" "It's a goo...