The New Kid

Sadie's POV:

My bed was shaking. What the hell?

"Sadie. Princess. Wake up." Dad?

"Baby girl, you have to wake up now. It's nine o'clock. Chase will be here soon. Remember?"

Oh yeah. That's right. Dad's gone. He left me. I feel the slightest bit of emotion. Although I have no idea what it is. Hmm. Well, that's new.

"I'm awake." I groaned. "Get off. Leave me alone. I need to take a shower."

Justin chuckles, but leaves the room none the less. I sit up, and pull my comforter off of me. Getting out of bed, I walk to my personal bathroom. I turn the water up as hot as I can take it without scalding myself, and prepare myself for a nice, long shower.

Thirty minutes later, I'm standing in front of my closet, trying to find something to wear. Should I dress to impress? Or not? Why do I even care? It's not like he's going to know me as any more than Justin's little sister. I end up just grabbing my favorite pair of cut off blue jeans, and my red and white Texas Rangers tank top. Hope he likes baseball.

I walk into the living room to see Justin on the phone. I sit down on the couch, and try to figure out what's going on,

"Yeah man, I understand. It's cool. Yeah. Okay. You there? Yeah? Alright, turn right on Maples....Ok. See a little fire hidrant? Yeah, no, the red one, dumbass. Yeah. Yeah. Just pull in the drive. Park behind the Ford F.150. It's my sisters. Yeah. Ok. We're on our way outside."

I'm walking outside by the time he hangs up. I watch as a Chevy Z71 pulls into our driveway. Nice. It's got a Uhaul on the back, so I take it he has quite a bit of stuff. I walk past the truck, I'll meet him later anways, and head straight for the Uhaul, so I can start to lug stuff inside. Reaching for the handle, I see a personal lock. Great. Now I have to meet him. Lovely, and yes, please note the sarcasm.

Seeing a shadow start my way, I look down at the ground at some ants. Feeling a presence next to me, I look up through my hair...and freeze.

Good God, this has to be the most gorgeous, greek god I have ever laid my eyes on. He's the epitome of tall, dark, and handsome. He's taller than my brother, I can tell already. He has to be at least 6'5". And he's so tan. Not like, overbearingly brown, but the more subtle, beach tan. With short brown hair that almost reaches his blue green hazel eyes.

Wow.

"Hi," He smiles sheepishly, showing his dimples. OH MY GOD DIMPLES!!!! Yayyy!! He has dimples!Wait, what the hell am I thinking?! He's my brothers friend. I can't be thinking like this. But now he's looking at my like I'm crazy...did I say something out loud? Oh please, dear Lord, tell me I didn't.

"What?" I ask dumbly.

"Wha-? Oh, uhm..nothing. I was just...Uh, I have my keys right here." He mumbles.

"Ok...did I have something on my face?" I ask.

"What? No! You're just really beau-" He starts, but gets interrupted by Justin.

"Hey man, oh, I see you've met Sadie." He says with a grin.

"Sadie? You're little sister? Man, I thought you said she was still in high school, bro?" He says, looking surprised.

"She is still in high school. She's a senior." He says, looking like he thinks Chase is stupid.

"Oh. Oh hey," He starts, turning back to me. "Do you have AP english this year?" I nod. "Awesome! The principal told me that I have the only senior AP english class this year, because there were only like, ten people that signed up for it. That's what's up."