How to Save the World With Yo...

By LealBelle16

In a small boring town in Arizona, Dayla Santos tries to keep here secret hidden. She thougt she was the only... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 7 1/2
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 6

177 12 8
By LealBelle16

Hey folks! thanks so much! Im at 45 fans right now which to some people may not seem like a lot but for me its amazing!

This one is a little longer and i hope you like it! Thanks again!

xoxo Leal

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 6

Ash pulled his jeep up to Natilie Portash's house and parked next to the line of cars. You could hear the music blasting in her back yard and lights were illuminating from behind the house reflecting of the HUGE pool.

Natilie's house was huge. It was a 3 story victorian house with 7 bedrooms (which was convenient for some people). Her pool was a two floor pool with a waterfall and had semi underwater a bar underneath the top story. Every weekend her parents took their "weekend off" from each other and her mom went to Vegas and her dad went to Georgia, which couldn't have been farther apart. So if you were to pick a place to have a party in this small town of Wiserbrook in the lonely state of Arizona this would be the place to have it.

Ash jumped out of the car and opened the door for me and the door for Elly. They traveled up the long stone path to the side door of her house. Dayla looked at her phone, it was 8:15. The sky was dark and the air was wet in the September heat. She knew they would be here for a while.

They walked right in and she was bombarded with girls and guys in swimsuits, some were soaking wet. Ash pointed at Elly and Dayla," I'll be right back, gonna get us some drinks."

Dayla nodded and turned to Elly.

"Well he's gone, what do you wanna talk about? Him?" Elly asked as she looked at her phone. She looked up and her Damon (whom she had a "thing" with) was coming toward her.

"Hey beautiful," he winked and Elly's face went red.

"Hey! Boy is it loud!"

"Why don't you come to the pool with me? I reserved a private corner."

He smiled and Elly giggled. He grabbed her hand and began to lead her outside. Elly turned around stumbling and smiling pointing to the pool to Dayla and Dayla gave a thumbs up.

That took longer than I thought, she thought to herself. She knew Damon was coming anyway and she really didn't mind, she thought it was kind of cute. She started to look around the room, hoping to see Ash when Natilie walked up.

"Hey darlin! So glad you could make it!"

"Hey!" Dayla said as she gave her a hug.

"You had your 'Dayla face' on so I thought I should come over here! You were making the guys think you were about to cry! Which I knew you weren't."

Dayla laughed," thanks! So it's gotten pretty crowded already!"

"Yea! Thank god I don't have to clean this up! The maid is like my new best friend. Of course the next few days I have to let her take off."

She gave a smirk. Natilie was the type of girl you were expected to get jealous of. She had perfect brown hair, perfectly straight, perfectly volumous, perfect bangs. She could be considered absolutely gorgeous if she would lighten up on the eyeliner. The guys never noticed little things like that so I guess it really didn't matter.

"Well at least you get to have these awesome parties!" Dayla said.

Natilie laughed in agreement," so do you girl! Speaking of which, when are you having your next one? I was hoping pretty soon because I don't think my parents are gonna go out of town next weekend."

"I'm pretty sure my dad will be gone so probably next weekend!"

"Yes!" Natilie flashed her perfectly straight and perfectly white teeth.

Dayla felt a tap on her shoulder. She looked up and found Ash holding three plastic red cups.

"Oh!" Dayla jumped and grabbed one of the cups," Thanks only Elly went out with Damon."

"Ohhhh," Ash nodded in understanding," You want this one?"

He motioned to Natilie the third cup.

Natilie was smiling so big," sure!" She grabbed the cup to a sip and mouthed,' he's so cute!' to Dayla.

Dayla smiled, 'I know!'. "Um Ash this is Natilie, Natilie this is Ash."

Natilie smiled again and held out her hand," Nice to meet you, are you new here?"

"Yep! And it's nice to meet you too. You must be the Natilie holding this party."

"That's me!"

"Well," he said holding up his cup," Nice, Corona."

"I try," she replied," Is you're name really Ash or is that just short for something?"

"It's really Ash." He smiled. Dayla could tell he knew he was going to be asked that question a lot.

"Well, Ash, do wanna come with me for a tour? I can show you the house, introduce you to the people."

"Thanks, but no thanks. I think I'm gonna stick with Dayla for now."

"Okay," Natilie shrugged," Suit yourself." She walked away casually but before she was actually gone she turned around and gave Dayla an excited smile and a wave.

"Well it looks like it's just us," he gave a flirtatious smile and looked around," sort of."

"Yea, well the pool isn't heated so it's gonna feel really nice."

"Let's go in the pool!" He motioned his hand out the door, letting Dayla through first.

Outside there were people making out in the pool and behind the trees. There were drunk guys sitting at a table being supervised, making sure they won't do something stupid and jump in the pool and drown. Suddenly one of Dayla's friends walked up to her and Ash.

"Hey! Got any key's for me?" He smiled.

"Hey Mark! Ash this is Mark. He plays football."

"Hey Mark, here man," Ash pulled his keys out of his pocket and dropped them in the cup he was holding.

"Hey, thanks." He shook hands with Ash," have a nice time."

"We will, and you too." Mark waved goodbye and walked away to the people just coming in to the party.

"I would hate to have key duty," Ash mumbled to Dayla.

"Agreed." She nodded and they headed toward the pool.

The party went on. The police have seemed to stay away. It's almost like they were scared of going there. Either that or they knew, besides the underage drinking, the party was pretty well handled. Dayla had managed to pull Elly away from Damon after Ash went with a couple guys and... girls, who were all over him. Dayla told herself she was okay with it. She knew she wasn't though. Not just because the girls were flirting with him but he was flirting back. That stupid opposite pull was frustrating her. If only he was a normal person than she might not be attracted to him at all.

She looked over and saw one of the guys about to do a cannibal. She looked over at Ash sitting on a stone bench surrounded by girls and a couple other guys. They guy jumped and the minute he hit the water she took her hand that was underwater and motioned the splash to be huge. Specifically toward Ash and the girls. It towered over them and came down with a bigger splash. Everyone was soaked and the girls were screaming, their makeup was running and they dashed for the bathroom. Ash was just laughing. He looked over at Dayla and gave a wink.

Elly nudged Dayla," well that wasn't obvious or anything."

"It was fun!" Dayla was smiling so broad at that moment. Nothing could've made her night better. Ash started to walk over to them. He hopped in the pool right next to Dayla and Elly.

"Thanks for getting rid of them!"

Dayla laughed," No problem! It looked like they were bothering you." She said teasingly. She started to get really cold. The September air was going down to 70 degrees and the pool wasn't helping. Ash noticed he shiver slightly. He breathed out through his nose and heated the pool up that much warmer.

Dayla laughed. Elly looked around her," seriously you two! You're asking for it!"

Steam was rising of the surface of the pool.

"That feel's a lot better!" Dayla sunk in the pool, her blonde hair was stick straight.

People in the pool looked around, as if looking for a pot of boiling water someone just threw in. Ash just laughed. He amused himself teasing people and Dayla laughed with him.

She breathed out and the water went really cold. People began to get goose bumps and some were shivering.

Ash bumped her," That's mean, at least they're comfortable with the warm water!"

He warmed the water down again. Elly went around in front of them both," seriously guys, these people are gonna get pneumonia or something."

They looked at each other and nodded in agreement. They would stop she guessed.

They relaxed a little more. The music was playing loudly from the rock speakers. Dayla heard one of her favorite singers John Mayer and she immediately recognized the song that just came on.

"It's not a silly little moment,

It's not the storm before the calm.

This is the deep and dying breath of

This love that we've been working on."

Dayla was nudging Elly," Oh my gosh I LOVE this song!"

"What is it?"

"Slow Dancing in a Burning Room! It's by John Mayer, he sung it at his concert!"

She looked over at Ash who stiffened at the name.

"Have you heard this song before?"

He nodded," Um yea."

"We pulled to many false alarms.

We're gonna diiiee

And you can see it too.

We're gonna diiiee,

And you know that we're doomed.

My dear,

We're slow dancing in a burning room."

That's weird, Dayla thought to herself. She looked over at Ash who was staring straight ahead. She was mouthing the words.

"I was the one you always dreamed of,

You were the one I tried to draw.

How dare you say it's nothing to me?

Baby, you're the only light I ever saw."

Dayla felt the situation get awkward. She got up out of the pool and was just about to head to the family room.

"Hey, where are you going?" Elly tapped her foot.

"Um I'm thirsty, I'm gonna get something to drink."

"Don't you think we oughta know by now?

Don't you think we shoulda learned somehow?

Don't you think we oughta know by now?"

She could hear the music fade behind her as she walked into the family room. She loved that song but she thought it was kinda ironic. She moved to the family room, walking right by the drink table and sat down on the couch. She looked at her phone and it was almost 1 in the morning. Letting out a sigh she slumped down in the chair and people watched out of boredom.

So much has happened today. Earlier today she thought she was all alone and completely helpless. But now she found someone with this same, issue as her. The only problem is she's confused by him. She wonders if he's feeling that obnoxious pull that she's feeling, being opposites.

She was looking at a drunk guy trying to take a sip of his drink with a straw. He was sticking his tongue out, completely disoriented struggling to get it in his mouth. She was wondering why he even had a straw when a huge orange flash from the window behind him caught her attention. She heard screams of fire and ran out, knowing who it was.

She saw a tree completely engulfed in flames; two guys were standing right in front of each other chests all puffed up and heaving. One of those guys was Ash and another she recognized was Milo. People were screaming about the tree and the fire slowly moving down the tree. It moved onto the grass and was making its way to Milo's feet. Milo was spitting words at Ash about his girlfriend and crap; he was slurring and struggling to stand up. Ash just stood there, big and bad listening to every word, fists clenched. Just when the fires was about to touch Milo's bare feet Dayla yelled," Ash!"

He looked up from Milo and at Dayla, eyes wide. Dayla was standing there wet and angry but also scared. When she saw Ash's fire recede and slowly make its way back to the tree she walked over to Milo and pushed his chest.

"Back off! Whatever you're bitching about this is NOT the place to do so. So either take it to the front or leave each other alone!"

Ash put his arm around Dayla and pointed to Milo," I wasn't messing with your girlfriend dick, that was all her." They walked away right before Milo was able to kick him in the nuts. His leg swung up and he flew backwards.

Dayla looked back at the tree watching to fire get smaller and smaller until it was completely out. Elly ran over to them both.

"I guess were leaving now?" Elly asked holding Damon's had.

Dayla looked up at Ash and saw he was starting to get a black eye.

She shook her head," He must have punched you hard." There must have been a fight right before he was yelling at Ash.

Ash just laughed," not so hard, and we can leave if you want to, you know, leave the night with a bang."

"Yea I was getting kinda tired anyway, and this was the most entertaining party I've been to cause of you two." She indicated Ash's arm over Dayla's shoulder and they both quickly moved apart. Elly laughed, "I'll text you later?" Damon nodded and said by and left.

After ash got his keys from Mark they headed to Ash's car and began the ride home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...