The Power of Love (Max Thunde...

By -babyroses-

(STORY HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED! BUT PLEASE STILL READ) Lindsey lives with her older brother. Her father is in t... More

Lindsey Earnest
Moving to Hiddenville
Secrets Almost Revealed
All Secrets Are Out
Thunder Van
Five Supes and a Baby
Max's Minions
Haunted Thundermans
Shred It Go
Cheer and Present Danger
Change of Art
Winter Thunderland
The Neverfriending Story
You've Got Fail
Who's Your Mommy?
Trouble with Grandma
Max and Lindsey; Mindsey
Cape Fear
Call of Lunch Duty
One Hit Thunder
A Hero Is Born
Book 2 is out!
What country are you from?

The Amazing Rat Race

11.7K 209 139
By -babyroses-

Lindsey's POV

I was at school with Phoebe and Cherry and we were selling tickets for the school dance. Phoebe was able to get DJ Astronaut to perform at the dance and I was so excited about it.

"And here's your ticket." Cherry was just giving out tickets without charging anyone. "And your ticket. And your- wait am I supposed to be charging people?"

She paused and turned to us puzzled.

I shrugged and Phoebe got an alert on her phone.

"Oh no." Phoebe gasped and I looked at her phone worried.

Cherry took off her shoe and stood up. "Don't worry, I'll get their money."

"Noo." Phoebe and I stopped her from beating a kid up and made her sit down.

"No. I just got an email from DJ Astronaut." Phoebe told us and she read the email. "Dear mission control, I'm too sick to lift off so I won't be able to rock it tonight.' Just cause you use cute Astronaut language, doesn't make it better."

"What are we gonna do? The dance is ruined!" Cherry exclaimed loud enough for everyone to hear and they began to whisper.

"What? The dance is ruined?" A few students asked in agony.

"Uh, she's joking." I stood up and gave them a nervous grin.

Phoebe followed in pursuit. "Yeah, the dance is not ruined. It's... it's gonna be off the chain. And the hook and even the handle. It's gonna be off all the things."

Phoebe sighed and pulled the both of us away from the table.

"Guys, this is the biggest dance of the year. If people find out I messed up the music, they'll never forgive me." Phoebe explained and Cherry removed her shoe again.

"I'll make them forgive you." Cherry threatened, glaring at passing students.

Phoebe and I sighed at her threats and I stopped her.

"Okay. You can't keep solving problems with your shoes." I informed my blonde friend.

"Wait. I think I just figured out a way to save the dance." Phoebe suddenly said looking near the entrance. I saw Max and his bandmates walking in and my face lit up at the sight of my boyfriend.

"Linds, is there any way you can convince Max and his band to perform at the dance tonight?" Phoebe asked me and I looked at my best friend.

"Sure." I shrugged and she gave me a weird look along with Cherry.

"Wait really?" She asked and I nodded my head slowly.

"Yes."

She seemed confused but shrugged it off before I went up to the boys.

"Hey, Max!" I called and he turned to me. Max smiled at the sight of me. "How would you and your band like to play the dance tonight?"

"Uh, yes." Max agreed and I formed a smile at his answer.

"Well, there's no pay." Phoebe suddenly asked, coming up to us.

"Yes," Max said.

"And you'll have to time to rehearse," Phoebe added and I rolled my eyes.

"What part of 'yes' don't you understand?" Max asked his sister.

"Sweetches. This will get us out of playing at Gideon's mom's gas station." Oyster smiled.

"Yeah. She was gonna pay us in gas and tire rotations." Angus informed.

"Sorry, Gideon, but I'd much rather play for teenage girls than truck drivers," Max told Gideon.

"Lady truck drivers." Gideon corrected with a cocky grin.

"Ladies? I'm changing my vote back to gas station." Angus declared and the twins and I groaned.

"Looks like we're split. Only way to settle this." Gideon began and Phoebe and I groaned.

"Oh, no. Please don't tell me it's another-"

"Fat race!" Oyster announced and we gave him a look. "I know, it's rat race."

I shook my head putting my hands on my hips.

----

Ater school Phoebe and I walked into her house and we saw Max sitting on the couch with a rat in his hands. I know this sounds weird but I actually like rats, they're adorable.

"So Max, ready to win that rat race?" Phoebe asked her brother as we both dropped our bags onto the couch.

"Oh, we're not gonna win," Max informed us.

"What?!" Phoebe and I exclaimed in shock.

"He's never won," Max told us and then spoke to his rat. "If you weren't so adorable I'd be kicking you out onto the streets."

He's sweeter to a rat than to his own sister.

"But I need your band to save the dance. Why would you even agree to race?" Phoebe asked him and I knew exactly why but he wouldn't tell her.

Max put his rat back in the box. "No choice." Max flickered his vision to me for a second. "Band rule number 77. In case of disagreement, rat race."

"Your band has 77 rules?" I asked my boyfriend.

"Yeah, but rules 1 through 76 are rock hard, rock out, rock your face off, rock--"

"We get it." Phoebe interrupted him.

"Well. We did some good gardening out there today, Nora." I heard Hank tell her daughter and Max got his rat out again.

"We? You just stood there in the shade." Nora berated and I turned to them so see Nora was covered in soil and Hank doesn't even have a stain.

"It's called supervising," Hank explained. "And I did it without a chair."

I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the rat. Max handed me the rat and I held it.

"Aww, who's this little--AHHH! Rat!" Nora screamed as I showed her the rodent and rushed upstairs in fear. I quickly put him back and we watched Nora run away.

Opps.

"Max. You have to keep that filthy thing out of the house." Hank ordered his son.

"Dad, she's right here." Max gestured to Phoebe and I whacked his arm.

"And she has telekinesis," Phoebe added and made Max slap himself twice and the both of us smiled at him.

"You deserved that," I mentioned and Phoebe chuckled.

Max gave me a playful glare and I giggled.

The front door opened and Billy and Barb walked in. Billy had ice cream in his hand.

"Hey, Billy, Hey honey, hello ice cream." Hank greeted, his eyes fixated on the ice cream. The three of us sat down and Max placed his hand on my thigh.

"It's for Billy. We decided that ice cream as better than joining the track team." Barb explained to us.

"You decided." Billy corrected and placed his ice cream down. "I want to join the team so I could super-speed and win races."

Barb sighed. "Billy. If we're gonna live in Hiddenvile, we all have to hide something. Like Max and Phoebe's telekinesis, or Lindsey's sonic scream, or your father's super strength."

I barely eve use my sonic scream. It damages my vocal cords if I use it too much.

"Or your mother's snoring." Hank continued and Barb gave him a puzzled look. "Oh, you were talking about superpowers."

"You have sonic scream?" Max whispered to me and I nodded.

"Yes, would you like to see it?" I asked my boyfriend in the same tone of voice with a gracious smile and his eyes widened.

"No." He shook his head and I patted his cheek.

"I'm the fastest kid in the world and no one knows." Billy angrily super sped upstairs.

"Aww, I feel bad," Barb whined.

"Nah, he'll come around," Hank assured her, grabbing Billy's ice cream. "He's learned two valuable lessons today. Living in Hiddenvile requires sacrifices and never leave your ice cream unattended." Hank starts to eat the ice cream and Barb gave him a mean look. "Let me show you all the hard work I did in the garden!"

The two of them walked out to the back leaving us three alone.

"Interesting." Max started and the three of u stood up. "Billy wants to win races and we've got a race to win."

I scoffed. "Yeah, okay. But even your friends might notice that Billy is not a rat."

Max rolled his eyes and continued. "He could be a rat if we shock him with the Animalizer. Dad used it to turn Dr. Colosso into a rabbit. We could use it to turn Billy into a rat. If I only knew where it was."

"That's how he got turned into a bunny?" I questioned and Max nodded.

"I know where it is!" Phoebe blurted out before covering her mouth with her hand.

"Wow, remind me to never tell you a secret," Max commented and I chuckled.

"Tell us where," I asked her.

"I can't, dad would kill us. That thing is extremely dangerous. It's in the kitchen!" Phoebe covered her mouth with her hand and she groaned. "Why do I keep doing that?"

"The world may never know." I shrugged following Max into the kitchen with Phoebe trailing behind.

"Because you know it's the right thing to do. When we were Billy's age, we could use our powers whenever we wanted to. We didn't have to hide a thing." Max explained, searching through the cabinets.

"I had to hide my powers," I mentioned and the twins looked at me for a moment.

"You're right, Max. We'd be bad siblings and friend if we didn't turn him into a rat." Phoebe pointed out and I shrugged, agreeing with her.

"That's the spirit." Max smiled, walking up to us. "C'mon Phoebe! Make with the blabby blab!"

Max and I stared at her with anxiousness until she broke.

"It's in the top cabinet next to the fridge just grab the Brussel sprouts and pull!" Phoebe sped talked and she sighed with relief. "That felt good."

"Brussel sprouts?" Max questioned.

Phoebe shrugged and Max used his telekinesis to open the cabinet. Max pulled on the Brussel sprouts and the chalkboard on the counter opened to reveal a strange device which I believe is the Animalizer.

"The Animalizer! It's beautiful!" Max cooed over the device and I rolled my eyes at his dorkiness. "How'd you figure that out?"

Phoebe then explained what happened and I found it hard to believe that she wanted to eat Brussel sprouts over cookies.

"You picked Brussel sprouts over chips?" Max asked his sister with a puzzled look.

"And cookies?" I added with the same expression.

"They're like little baby cabbages." Phoebe protested. "C'mon name a cuter food."

"Apricots." I simply said and Max nodded.

"Oh my gosh! Yes! They're baby peaches!" Phoebe gasped and I giggled.

----

We were now in Max's lair and we were explaining to Billy the plan.

"And that is how you can use your powers to win a race right here in Hiddenvile," Max explained, gesturing to the whiteboard with a demonstration on it.

"A rat race?" Billy asked.

"We know it's not the same but-

"it's even better!" Billy chirped interrupting his sister. "And it takes care of two dreams at once."

"You've dreamed of becoming a rat?" Phoebe asked and I rolled my eyes.

"He agreed, let it go," I muttered to Phoebe and she put her hands up in defense.

"And don't worry, Billy. The Animalizer can turn you back into a human." Colosso assured Billy. "And to demonstrate, Max will now use it on me."

"Not happening Colosso." Max denied.

"But I wanna be a man again!" Colosso cried and the twins and I laughed at him.

"You used to be a person." Phoebe chuckled before looking at her younger brother. "Alright, Billy, you have to promise not to tell mom and dad."

"My rat gills will be sealed." Billy smiled.

"He knows what a rat is right?" I asked the twins with some sort of hope.

"He's about to found out," Max said before he grabbed the Animalizer. Phoebe and I stepped back and Max pulled the lever on the machine and a beam shot at Billy. He shrunk down to the size of a rat and became the rodent with his clothes falling off.

The beam fades away and we looked at Billy. He became a very cute rat in my opinion.

"Aw man, it didn't work," Billy spoke. "You just made the room really big."

"Yep, still Billy." Phoebe nodded.

----

Later that day, we went out back to have the rat race. I was nervous because I wanted Max to play at the dance so I can have a freaking date and not say my boyfriend ditched me for lady truck drivers.

The other members of Max's band were here and we were ready to race.

"Max? Would it be okay if Nora pets one of the rats?" I heard Hank aks and I looked at him. He was with Barb and a very nervous Nora.

"Sure," Max said and showed Nora the rat. Nora opened her mouth like she was screaming but nothing was coming out.

"What is she doing?" Hank asked.

"I-I think she screaming in a frequency we can't hear," Barb explained and suddenly a glass vas shattered and Nora runs away.

"Well. She's certainly ready to fight Glass Man." Hank mentioned.

I'll defeat any glass-based villain in a second with my sonic scream ability.

Barb sighed. "Let's go get Billy. Maybe he can calm her down."

"No, no, don't!" Phoebe stopped them, stepping forward. "Uh, we just spoke to him. He's still upset and doesn't want to talk to you guys yet."

I folded my arms nodding as the parents' faces fell.

"Yeah, we'll tell you guys when he's changed back," Max added and I nudged him in the arm. "Changed his mind."

Hank and Barb walk inside and we turn back to the rat race.

"Hey, Max. Your rat is gonna get its tail handed to him and you're gonna rock out in my mom's gas station." Gideon chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"The only gas we're gonna get is the gas from the chili at the school dance." Max countered and Phoebe and I giggled.

I love how Max can easily make comebacks like that.

"Nice one, Max." Billy praised and the three boys were befuddled by the voice.

"Who said that?" Angus asked.

"Who said what?" I asked alarmed.

"Nice one, Max," Angus repeated.

"Thanks, Angus!" Max beamed and both of us girls grinned at Angus.

"This is getting weird, let's just race." Angus shook his head and I scoffed.

"It got weird when they suggested a rat race," I muttered to Phoebe who chuckled in response.

"Okay. It's go time!" Oyster smiled and the boys put their rats in their positions on the track. Oyster grabs an air horn. "On your mark. Get set. Rat Race!" Oyster blew the air horn and right of the bat Billy super sped to the finish line before the other rats could even move. "That's the fastest rat in the world. What kind of gravy do you feed?"

I smiled and felt Max placed his hand on my lower back. I wanted to remove it so we don't get caught but I didn't want to remove it.

"Way to go, Billy." Phoebe praised.

"What kind of race car driver is named 'Billy," Angus asked and I scoffed.

"The kind that wins," I answered like it was obvious.

Oyster started to chant Billy's name and the twins and I joined in.

----

After the rat race, Daniel wanted me to come here for a little bit. I had to clean my room and do my chores because I forgot to do them last week.

While I was cleaning I found a boogie board, a skateboard, a ball, and some video games in the closet and I had an idea.

I called Max and Phoebe and they liked my idea.

I finished my chores and they came over to helps me carry the stuff. Well, Phoebe carried everything because Max made her. I offered but Max quickly denied it.

"Great idea, Lindy." Max praised me as we approached their front door. "If rat Billy wants to play with all this cool stuff, he'll want to turn back into boy Billy. Genius."

I blushed at his words and he winked at me without his sister noticing.

"Thanks."

"Why am I carrying everything?" Phoebe suddenly asked and I looked at Max for an answer.

"Would you save your whining for when we try to catch Billy?" Max questioned with a rude tone and I slapped his tone chest.

I opened the door and we walked in. Phoebe couldn't see what was happening but Max and I could. The entire living room was covered in mouse traps and a man, who looks like an exterminator was here.

"Uh, Phoebe?" Max asked and pushed the stuff down so she can see.

Phoebe shrieked when she saw the man.

"I get that a lot." The exterminator beamed and Max and I exchange a confused look with each other.

"Mom, who's this?" Phoebe asked nervously.

"The Exterminator," Barb informed.

"Darryl the Rat Man." The exterminator introduced. "If they're crawling, Darryl comes a calling. I also teach yoga."

I feel bad for those people who learn yoga from him.

"You're rat race attracted wild rats," Hank mentioned and I swallowed nervously.

Does he mean the one in front of us?

"So, if you want to catch a rat, you've got to think like a rat," Darryl explained and grabbed a hate with rat ears. "And put on your rat hat." He put on the hat and started to act like a rat.

"Okay, rat man is insane," I muttered to the twins and I grabbed Max's hand out of fear. He held it behind his back so no one would see because Darryl creeps me out.

"Mom, dad, you can't do this." Phoebe protested as we walked up to them, avoiding the traps. Max pulled me away from them purposely.

"Why not?" Hank asked.

"Because rats are people too!" Phoebe exclaimed and leaned over to us. "Some more than others."

"That's why the rat man always carries rat friendly traps," Darryl informed and the three of us were relieved.

"Good." I sighed and felt Max squeeze my hand.

"But I let those at home, so I got these." Darryl continued and showed us a dangerous rat trap. "The old snap and crack." He made the trap snap and I hide my face in Max's back for a few moments because I'm scared Billy might get harmed.

"Now, stay out of the danger zone unless you're a rat. In which case come on down!" Darryl announced rubbing his hands together.

"You wanna hear the real crazy part?" Hank asked us. "I didn't call him, he just showed up."

"Because I'm the rat man!" Darryl exclaimed, startling all of us. Max grabbed my shoulders for a moment before releasing me and standing in front of me.

"I better warn Billy. I think he's still in his room." Barb said and went to walk away but we stopped him.

"Actually, he's in my lair. Yeah, we'll tell him. Come on, you two." Max motioned us to follow him and Max went off towards his room with a boogie board in his hands.

"Careful with the danger zone," Darryl warned.

"Actually, we're more concerned with the crazy zone." I corrected gesturing to the area of rat traps before following Max and Phoebe at my side.

The three of us arrive in Max's lair with the toys and games in our hands.

"Billy?" Phoebe called.

"Rat Boy," Max called and I rolled my eyes at that name.

"Over here." A deep voice called and we saw Colosso wearing fake rat ears so he could trick us into thinking he's Billy but he failed. "Um, I'm Billy. Turn me back into a human. 2 plus 2 is 6 and other dumb stuff like that.

We ignored Colosso's lazy attempt at being Billy.

"Guys, look!" Phoebe pointed to Max's computer and we saw a rat tail on the keyboard.

"Billy. We see you." Max said.

"You're in danger. There's an exterminator in the house." I warned Billy.

Billy crawled out. "Wow, I'm really scared." He spoke with sarcasm.

"You don't know what an exterminator is, do you?" Max asked.

"I do not." Billy admitted.

"It's a guy who catches rats," Phoebe informed Billy.

"Well good luck. 'Cause I'm the world's fastest rat." Billy super-sped away and we watched him run. "I told you, you couldn't catch me."

"Hey, Billy. We just, uh, wanted to thank you for winning that race." Max began and I smiled with the skateboard in my hands. "So, we just got some gifts. Video games, boogie, and skateboard."

"A bunch of other stuff you need opposable thumbs to play with," I added and put the skateboard down on the table next to me.

We searched the place for Billy but couldn't find him.

"Nice try, but I'm not going back. Not when I can win races, climb walls, and chew through cement." Billy argued.

"Why are you chewing through cement?" Phoebe asked her little brother.

"Because I can." Billy simple stated.

"Fair enough." Phoebe shrugged and I sat down on Max's bed.

"Hey have you guys seen Billy?" Nora asked us as she walked down the steps. She suddenly screamed when she saw Rat Billy. "Ah! Rat!" She panicked and zapped me in the arm with her lasers.

"Ow!" I cried grabbing my shoulder.

"Nora! Get out of her before you hit something else I care about." Max exclaimed and Nora ran out of the room.

Max gave me a concerned look and I grinned at him.

'I'm fine.' I telepathically told him and he smiled with relief.

"Nora's afraid of me?" Billy asked with sorrow and I looked at Max, motioning him to continue and Phoebe was copying my actions.

"Uh, of course, she is. Nora is afraid of all rats." Max replied and I nodded along.

"But who needs Nora when you've got all that cement to chew through," I added crossing my arms over my chest.

"Cement is the chicken of construction materials, but I don't want my sister to be afraid of me," Billy told us and I formed a faint smile.

Why can't Max feel the same way about Phoebe?

"Well, then I think you know what we have to do." Phoebe sighed.

"Turn Nora into a rat to?!" Billy guessed and three of us rolled out eyes.

"Billy," Phoebe said.

"Okay, I'll change back. For Nora." Billy declared and I sighed with relief.

"Thank you." Max sighed and we went over to the Animalizer to change Billy back.

Once we got the Animalizer set we called for Billy.

"Alright. And we are good to go to animalize." Max confirmed as Phoebe held the machine. "Let's get Billy back and get to that dance."

"Alright, Billy, we're ready," Phoebe called and we turned to find Billy was gone.

"Billy?" I called and we scanned the room.

"Aha! Gotcha rat!" We heard Darryl's voice from the living room.

The three of us gasped. "Rat man!"

We sprinted upstairs to stop Billy from being killed.

"We've got to stop him!" Phoebe exclaimed as we ran into the living room. I stopped in my tracks when I saw the rat traps but the twins continued running and set off the traps.

My hand flew to my mouth as I watched the traps flew into the air and the twins.

"No!" I yelled as I watched them run across the traps.

"Oh, no danger zone!" Max yelled.

"No look who's whining!" Phoebe teased and the tumbled to the floor with rat traps covering their body. I quickly went over to them and kneeled by their heads.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked them and they nodded.

"Good, because that was actually really funny." I giggled and they rolled their eyes at me.

Nora walked into the room.

"Nora, we need your help!" I exclaimed, standing up.

"I'd say so." Nora agreed.

"We used dad's Animalizer to turn Billy into a rat so we could win a race," Phoebe admitted.

"We'd save him but we just got snapped and cracked," Max mentioned looking at the traps on his body.

This is the right time but he looks adorable with the traps on the body.

"And I don't feel like leaving them alone," I added. "You're the only one who can do it."

"Except mom and dad but we're not telling them because you know, we turned Billy into a rat," Max explained.

"You guys are just saying it's Billy so I'll face my fear." Nora snapped. "Who put you up to this? Mom? Dad? It was that puppet, wasn't it?"

"Nora, would I lie to you?" Max asked Phoebe and I gave him a look. "Would Phoebe or Lindsey lie to you?"

"Seriously Nora, that rat is Billy," Phoebe told her sister seriously.

Nora scoffed. "Like Billy would be dumb enough to let you three turn him into a rat." Nora thinks for a moment and realizes he is dumb enough for that to happen. "Billy! I'm coming!"

----

Later that day, I was healing the twins wounds with my power. I hope I was doing a good enough job so they wouldn't feel pain after but it's not a promise.

Nora was wrapping Phoebe's fingers and I was taking care of Max. Billy was his human self again.

"Thanks for your help, Nora," Phoebe told his sister who zapped her. "Ow!"

"That's for turning my brother into a rat," Nora told her.

I gave Max a soft smile as I finished healing his wounds and I could tell he wanted to kiss me but couldn't.

"Don't be mad at them Nora. I wanted to do it." Billy explained to his sister.

"Are you gonna miss racing, Billy?" Nora questioned him as she sat next to me.

"Yeah, but not as much as I would miss you." Billy smiled and Nora smiled in response. "At least I can see bird farts."

And he ruined the moment.

"Not a bird kid." Colosso corrected and it began to stink in here. The five of were disgusted by the rabbit's smell.

"Max, do you think you'll be able to play the dance tonight?" I asked my boyfriend, letting go of his wounded hands that should be healed.

"You healed my fingers but maybe if I ice some of them they won't feel the pain," Max said and used his freeze breath on his fingers and attempted to play his guitar. "Ow! Ow! Ow!"

I grimaced as he played and let out a sigh.

"I'm sorry," I told him and rubbed his cheek. He gave me a week smile in return.

"I guess that means no music which makes me the girl who ruined the dance," Phoebe said with a worried expression.

"Unless there's... no dance." Max spoke with a cute smirk and I gave him a confused look. "Billy, how would you like to be a rat one last time?" Max grabbed the Animalizer and Billy smiles.

----

The dance was about to start and Phoebe and I were in the hallway waiting for our plan to begin.

"Sorry about your fingers, they'll be healed by tomorrow," I assured Phoebe who was messing with her fingers.

"I hope so." She said.

Oyster, Gideon, and Angus run into the school with robot costumes on. I snickered but held my laughter.

"Girls, where's Max?" Angus asked.

"Yeah. The dance is about to start and I'm not doing this if he doesn't have too." Oyster protested.

"Initiating freak out mode," Gideon said in a robot voice then went back to normal. "I'm freaking out!"

"We are never getting girls," Angus announced.

"Okay, guys. No need to panic." Phoebe assured them.

And right on cue, screams were heard in the distance and we saw students running passed us in fear which caused Oyster, Gideon, and Angus to do the same. Phoebe and I waited patiently for them all to run out.

We heard small scampering and we looked to find a rat crawling over to us.

"Nice job, Billy." I greeted as I picked up Billy the rat and Phoebe petted him. The boys walked out and hi-fived each other.

"Oh hey, Billy." Phoebe greeted her little brother as he walked over to us with Max and I gave him a wave.

It took me a second to realize that this was an actual rat but I didn't care.

"Wait, you're not Billy." Phoebe realized and she fainted in fear.

I giggled and looked at the boys, who were confused by Phoebe.

——

That night, I was laying on the couch watching tv. My brother wasn't here because he was with his girlfriend and he was gonna spend the night  with her. I like being home alone but it's scary when your home alone at night.

I was sitting in my pajamas with my hair in a messy bun and my glasses were in my face. I only wear my glasses at home or when I run out of contacts.

Knock knock

I stared at the door in confusion and rose to my feet cautiously.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Lindsey!" The voice belonged to Max and I calmed down.

"One sec!" I called and took my hair out from my bun. I brushed it out with my fingers as I approached the door. I opened the door to find my boyfriend standing on the other side and he was in his pajamas.

"Hey Lindy." He greeted and I moved aside for him to come in.

"Hey, what brings you here?" I asked him as I shut the door. I don't think he noticed my glasses yet.

He shrugged in response. "I don't know, just thought I'd stay the night with you."

I giggled and kissed his cheek. "Did Daniel ask you to come over?"

"Yes." Max admitted. "Are you afraid of staying home alone?"

"Yeah, I am." I confessed, twirling my hair on my finger. "I know it's embarrassing."

Max kissed my forehead and wrapped his arm around me. "Yes, yes it is."

I pushed him away and slapped his arm. "Max."

"Kidding, it's cute." He corrected and I blushed.

I went over to couch and sat down. Max followed pursuit and he stared at me for a second before he realized something.

"I didn't know you wore glasses?" He asked, poking the lenses of the glasses and I pushed his hand away from me.

"Yeah, but only when I'm at home or run out of contacts." I explained and Max nodded.

"Well, you should wear them more often." Max winked and I smiled. "You look adorable in them."

"Thanks." I said, pressing my glasses onto my nose. I swallowed and glanced at my surroundings.

It was pretty dark in the room. The tv screen was the only light that was on at the moment.

I felt Max grab my hand and I turned to him. He was staring at me and his emotion was adoration.

"What?" I asked with my cheek getting warm.

"Nothing." He blinked and sat up straight. "Just enjoying the moment because we don't get to spend much alone time together with my sister around."

My thoughts immediately went to her and my face fell.

"Yeah about Phoebe." I sighed. "I think we should tell her."

Max let out a small groan and I softly whacked his arm. "Come on, Max. She's your sister and I want to tell her."

Max averted his eyes for a moment before replying. "Well, if it's what you want then we'll tell her very soon."

"Good." I smiled and Max wrapped his arm around me. He pulled me close to him and I rested my back against his chest with my head laying in the croak of his neck.

I could stay like this forever and never get bored.

It was silent for a bit and it wasn't an awkward silence it was a peaceful silence.

"So you got any food?"

"Max!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 281 19
Newly 21 year old Ayden Slider discovers during his birthday party that weird things are happening to him all at once. Slowly, these powers start man...
18.6K 813 44
Phoebe is a from a superhero family. She gets good grades, has good friends and lives a good life. Things come easy to her. Max is from a villain fa...
297K 4.7K 79
Cassidy Thunderman was the sister to Phoebe, Max, Billy, Nora, and Chloe. She was the daughter of Barb and Hank. She was a sidekick with Henry to Cap...
22.2K 422 26
Bella lives with her older and twin brother. Her father is in the navy and is overseas, which means that Jace has to take care of his sister and brot...