MY BEAUTIFUL COMMANDER

By chaniex24

Xia Lian, a 21st century military doctor died in an explosion and found herself transmigrated to the body a 1... More

Chapter 1-22
Chapter 23-42
chapter 63-82
Chapter 83-100
chapter 101-120
Chapter 121-140
chapter 141-160
chapter 161-180
Ch181-185
Ch186-193

Chapter 43-62

2.6K 62 10
By chaniex24

Chapter 43: In the forest (1)

After one week..

Xia Lian looked at her brother who threw a tantrum for an entire week.. Yes, this over-protective bunny did not allow her to leave the house alone. After persuading him in a n number of ways, he finally stopped making a fuss. But, still Xia Lian had a headache on seeing her little bunny boycotting her..

" I will bring you something good when I return. So, stop being like that..." Xia Lian frowned at the little bunny who is not talking with her.

On seeing that the little one has no intentions of looking at her, Xia Lian walked to him and crouched down to meet with his eyes. She held his chin so that he would not avoid her eyes. After struggling like a fish out of water for a good while, Xia Ming calmed down and finally looked at her.

" Look, I can't carry you and protect you at the same time. This time it is dangerous for you. Listen to your sister and be a good boy."

Xia Ming pouted for a while before nodding his head. " Now, that's a good boy.." Xia Lian kissed his cheek and smiled. Xia Ming looked at his sister and he bent slightly and kissed her cheek and lifted his hand showing his pinkie finger " Promise me that you will come back.."

Xia Lian's heart ached as she knew that their mother's death had a huge impact on the boy. So, she hooked her finger with his " Your sister never breaks her promise."

Xia Ming finally smiled and Xia Lian left after leaving him at her master's house. Xia Lian smiled along the way while walking remembering her masters nagging..

" It's good to have someone who cares.." Xia Lian mumbled.

Xia Lian's main objective for coming so deep into the forest is for searching midget silkworms. She read that these special kind of silkworms are capable of producing pigmented silks. Xia Lian had many ideas in her mind. But, anything can be achieved step-by-step and rearing of these midget silkworms is her first step.

These worms grow in damp, dark and moist places. So, they are very difficult to obtain. This forest acts as a border for Qilin and Azure countries. No one in Qilin country succeeded in catching these silkworms making them depend on Azure country for high quality silk. So, Xia Lian more than determined to catch these silkworms and she prepared herself to enter deep into the forest.

Xia Lian stopped in her tracks and turned to her left after smelling a fruity scent. After walking for a while, Xia Lian stopped and looked around her with astonishment. Her eyes shone brightly like twinkling stars.

" Oranges.. mandarins.. tangerines.. Whatever they are called.. I found my oranges at last.." Xia Lian almost cried on seeing her second favorite fruit.

Xia Lian filled her sack with as many oranges as she can. She made a mental note of this place to come later as there are hundreds of orange plantations here..

Xia Lian started to eat the fruits along the way while humming a song.

After walking for two days continuously, Xia Lian noticed the changes in her surroundings.

Xia Lian was careful in her steps as the soil is wet and is slightly sinking. Xia Lian climbed on a tree and jumped from one branch to other as she felt that there was something wrong with the soil. After a while, she found a large fresh water swamp. Xia Lian looked down around her before she resumed her jumping.

At one point, Xia Lian found hundreds on while lotus flowers in the marsh waters.. Xia Lian sat on a thick branch to admire the scenery for a while. She felt that it would be truly a waste if one does not appreciate this beautiful sight. So, she sat for a while before resuming her journey.

Xia Lian found many species of snakes on the trees and she was given a fright when she almost stepped on a python. She immediately increased her jumping speed to escape from it. She truly did not want to fight with a snake ah! Xia Lian was careful with her steps as she did not want to not provoke any snake..

Xia Lian finally found the nest of silkworms and sighed in relief. She took out a wooden box with holes to collect them..

Chapter 44: In the forest (2)

Xia Lian stepped forward but she immediately moved back as she felt a pain on her arms..

Xia Lian looked at her arm and she found a very thin cut on her arm. Xia Lian lifted her head and frowned as she found a faint tinge of red before her. Her frown slowly disappeared and her eyes are replaced with interest as she realized that the place is woven intricately by several threads.

Xia Lian raised her brows.. She did not know that silkworms also defend themselves. She thought for a while, but she did not remember which silkworms are so intelligent to defend themselves. ' May be I found something new..' Xia Lian's mood improved greatly on that thought.

Xia Lian unsheathed her dagger and slashed the network before her. But, the threads only extended like an elastic as they did not break. No matter how much force she applied, they did not break.

Xia Lian retrieved her dagger into the sheath dejectedly. She rubbed her chin and thought for a while. She then took out some herbs from her bag and mixed them. Xia Lian sprinkled the powder before her and waited for a while. Xia Lian found that the threads are slowly dissolving. So, Xia Lian added sagweed root powder to the mixture and sprinkled it again. This time the threads dissolved at lightning speed and Xia Lian slowly moved forward by sprinkling the powder along the way.

Xia Lian was just one feet away from those fat silkworms, but she did not dare to touch them directly. She took a twig and poked the silkworm..

poke.. poke.. no matter at which angle she poked, the worm did not move even an inch. Xia Lian remembered something and decided to try it out. Xia Lian took her wooden box and covered the bottom of the box with spirit mulberry powder, as silkworms are attracted to this powder. Xia Lian brought the box near to the first worm.

Then to her dismay, the worm started to move and it slowly crawled into the box intoxicated by the smell. Xia Lian moved the box slowly to the next one and all the ten worms made their way into the box easily..

Xia Lian covered the box and carefully placed it in another bag. Then she moved forward and found a group of her pigmented silkworms. She collected about twenty of them.

Xia Lian continued to move forward as she wanted to explore as much as she can. After moving forward for a while, she found that the previous damp atmosphere disappeared. Xia Lian walked for a while and found a waterfall.

Xia Lian washed her face and her hands and leaned against a rock. Xia Lian filled her gourd with fresh water and ate some oranges. Xia Lian rested for a while and looked at her sticky body.

It's been four days since her last bath.. So, she looked at her surroundings and after making sure that no one is present, Xia Lian stripped off her clothes and stood under the waterfall. The waterfall is falling from a moderate height, so it did not exert much force.

After relaxing herself for quite a while, Xia Lian came out of the water and dressed herself.

Xia Lian continued to walk and climbed a tree to rest for the day as the sky began to turn dark.

.........................

In the military camp,

The soldiers on the guard found a horse approaching and after seeing the badge, they opened the gates.

The horse galloped into the camp and stopped in front of a tent.

On seeing the horse, Min Zhuan came forward " Young master Moyin, where is our general?"

Jun Moyin dismounted from the horse gracefully and he looked at everyone with a serious look on his face " We did not travel together and general took the short-cut to the forest. Did you discover anything here?"

Min Zhuan shook his head and lowered his head out of shame. Jun Moyin nodded as he already expected this outcome. " From tomorrow, you will start searching under my command. Also, general entered the forest as he is sure that he will find something there. It's been four days since he entered the forest. So, we have to do our best here.."

Chapter 44: In the forest (2)

Xia Lian found a sturdy tree with a hole in its trunk. She placed her bag and wooden box in the hole and hanged her bow on a branch. Xia Lain stretched her legs after sitting on a fat branch. She slowly leaned her back on the trunk of the tree while checking her surroundings.

Xia Lian opened her eyes and removed the wooden hair pin from her hair and threw it inside the hole in tree. Her silky jet black hair cascaded down along her shoulders. Xia Lian gathered her hair along her left shoulder and closed her eyes.

Xia Lian struggled for a while before falling asleep. Even after sleeping, Xia Lian squinted her eyes and moved whenever she heard a small sound.

" Can't sleep properly.. hmm.." a husky voice tinged with mirth sounded out in the silent night making Xia Lian's brows furrow further. On seeing her eyelashes tremble, a pair of warm hands tapped on several points on her neck and forehead. Xia Lian's breathing became steady and she fell into a deep sleep.

A pair of eyes watched the girl sleep peacefully as her hair gently swayed along with the wind. Her hair had natural curls at its ends and they looked pretty as they danced along with the wind.

Her cheeks had a faint and healthy rosy glow. Her slightly parted crimson red lips looked like soft flower petals. A hand reached out and traced along her long curvy eyelashes as they caused the fingers to itch slightly.

The moonlight reflected on her white jade skin making her look like a moon goddess. Her features looked gentle and soft under the moonlight.

" So, the tigress can turn into a gentle bunny.." Xuan Li Wei mumbled on remembering Jun Moyin's words.

Xuan Li Wei looked at the girl's small nose which turned into a bright shade of red due to the cold. He didn't know why but he found her very cute. He sub-consciously raised his hand and pinched her small nose gently.

Even though he pinched her nose with a little force, her nose turned into a shade brighter. Xuan Li Wei chuckled and pinched her nose again " This is your punishment for making me your guard for the entire day."

Xuan Li Wei removed his hand only after her nose looked like a ripe tomato. He got up and sat on the branch of a tree opposite her. He choose that spot so that he can watch her clearly. He leaned against the tree with his arms folded across his chest.

Xuan Li Wei tilted his head slightly and continued to observe the girl before him. His hazel brown eyes reflected her serene image under the moonlight and his thoughts trailed off..

Xuan Li Wei left his horse in the middle of the forest and he used his qing qong to quickly enter the forest area near Azure country. But, he stopped on hearing the lines " oranges.. oh my oranges.. how round and beautiful you are..". He didn't know why but he felt funny on hearing someone singing those words. So, he turned his head in that direction only to find this girl plucking the oranges while humming a weird tune.

His lips sub-consciously curved up on seeing her bounce around happily. He was clearly worried about this girl from the day he left her and his worried heart settled a bit after listening to Moyin's words. But, he clearly understood what relief is, after seeing her with his own eyes.

The girl didn't sense him as her martial arts level is lower than his. He didn't know why but he decided to follow her. But, he minimized his presence while following her because he did not dare to under-estimate this girl.

He saw her dissolve the silver silkworms web without much effort. He was pleasantly surprised on seeing her skills as she was the first one to obtain those silkworms.

He followed her thinking what else she can do and stopped in his tracks on seeing her stop near a waterfall. He leaned against a tree observing her wash her face and hands. He watched her eat those oranges and rest for a while. He raised his brows on seeing her stretch her body like a lazy cat.

He hid at the back of the tree when he saw her turn around. He waited for a while before coming out from the back of the tree.

He saw her loosen her hair as she threw the hair pin on the ground. He did not understand her actions as she was standing with her back faced towards him and her long and thick hair covered all her hand movements.

Chapter 46: In the forest (4)

He continued to look at her as he tried to understand what she is doing. But, his entire body froze after seeing her next actions. He saw her strip off her outer robe and discard it to her side. The robe laid on the ground in a pitiful shape..

Xuan Li Wei stood on the spot as if he was frozen. Xia Lian's hair moved to the side due to the wind exposing her fair and smooth shoulders as she busied herself in removing her inner robes. That sight bought Xuan Li Wei out of his shock and he immediately turned around and escaped from the place at an alarming speed.

His ears and cheeks turned into a suspicious shade of red and he felt his body temperature rising up rapidly. Xuan Li Wei stopped walking and patted against his chest to calm his thumping heart.

Xuan Li Wei realized that the girl is bathing alone.. He gritted his teeth and immediately turned around and stopped at a safe distance. He leaned against the tree with his back facing the waterfall.

Xuan Li Wei sighed helplessly and stood on guard. ' This girl is truly careless..' he cursed her in his heart.

Xuan Li Wei's highly sensitive ears caught the girls singing voice..

May be due to the embarrassing situation earlier, Xuan Li Wei's face turned beet red on hearing the girl's voice. He was scared witless on seeing her strip off her clothes and he was unable to react on time. He could not help but shudder on what might have happened if he reacted lately and if the girl saw him looking at her..

He would then be called a pervert, right?

Xuan Li Wei shook his head to get rid of all the ridiculous thoughts. The girl remained under water for a long time, making it increasingly difficult for Xuan Li Wei.

A beautiful girl bathing under a waterfall.. He is a man after all.. How could he not get any thoughts ah!

Only he knew how many times he controlled his impulse to turn around. He mentally berated himself.. It seems that he is really becoming a pervert..

Xuan Li Wei never felt this attracted to any girl before. He could not understand why he is getting these impulses whenever he is around this girl..

' She is just a 12 year old child..' Xuan Li Wei smiled helplessly ' Wait! Am I a beast?.. Having designs on a child..'

' You can wait till she grows up..' at this time Jun Moyin's face floated in his mind as if encouraging him to devour the girl. Xuan Li Wei shook his head and started thinking about the military tactics to divert his mind..

Xuan Li Wei never felt so tired in his life.. He would never forget this day in his life as he experienced a myriad of emotions due to this girl..

After a while, he did not hear any sounds coming from the girl. He could not help but worry about her. But, he did not have the courage to walk towards her. After debating within himself for a while, he slowly walked towards the girl.

Xuan Li Wei felt extremely nervous with every step forward.. But, he face-palmed on seeing the girl sleeping peacefully leaning against a rock..

His face darkened on seeing the girl's wet hair..

' What if she catches a cold?' he frowned on that thought and moved slowly towards her as he did not want to disturb her. He took her wet hair in his hands and used his internal energy to dry her hair..

After making sure that her hair is dried completely, he left the place.

Xuan Li Wei did not get restless or irritated when he is guarding her, instead he felt a peace of heart, as if his heart is contended with just looking at her..

Xuan Li Wei looked at her fixedly, when she got up and ran her fingers through her hair. She looked breath-taking at that moment!

' Oh God! What's gotten into me..' Xuan Li Wei smiled wryly and sighed.

Chapter 47: A new side of her (1)

Thus, a cold faced and iron hearted general acted as a guard for a little girl, sacrificing his sleep. If Jun Moyin witnessed these scenes he would have surely teased his brother with all his might.

Xia Lian squinted her eyes because of the glaring sunlight above her head. Xia Lian sat straight and rested her face on her palm. Her eyes were still misty as she rubbed her eyes.

Xia Lian suddenly widened her eyes and looked at her bright surroundings. She did not understand why she was able to sleep so well. It felt as if she slept after taking sleeping pills. She thought for a while but she was not able to remember anything. Whatever may be the reason, she felt refreshed after sleeping like a log. She stretched her body and squealed in delight " It's been a long while since I slept like a pig.."

Xia Lian did not know that a certain someone is watching her every expression clearly. Xuan Li Wei's lips curved up on hearing her words.

He watched her tie her hair up. She looked like a fresh lotus with no make up, and she looked very pleasing to his eyes. He stared at her without blinking his eyes.

Xia Lian and Xuan Li Wei frowned as they both heard the sounds of footsteps approaching in their direction. Xuan Li Wei's smile widened as he watched Xia Lian hide in the trees agilely.

" Hehe.. this time that damn Qilin country is going to experience a shock because of us.." a man dressed in green robes smiled.

" Hmm.. this time that Qilin country's soldiers are dumb.." another one chorused.

Xia Lian squinted her eyes to look at them. Her lips slowly curled up on seeing the embroidered cloud patterns on their robes " Oh! So, these are Azure country's minions.."

Xia Lian raised her brows and cursed in a low voice " Who are you calling dumb eh?!"

Though she lowered her voice, Xuan Li Wei heard her words clearly and he looked at the girl with amusement in his eyes.

Xia Lian smirked evilly as she covered her face with a black cloth. She looked like a young boy as she is dressed in martial arts outfit with her hair tied up as a bun. She took her bow from the branch and leaped from one tree to another following those bunch of idiots. Xuan Li Wei calmly followed this reckless brat with a smile on his face.

Xia Lian face dropped after hearing their endless and meaning less chatter. ' Are these fools really soldiers? Not even one of them is able to sense that someone is following them..'

Xia Lian really wanted to play with them for a while. How dare they insult her country's soldiers ah! But, these fools are so care-free and Xia Lian lost her interest in them quickly..

" Brother Yan, I heard that there is a ghost in this forest.."

Xia Lian's ears perked up on hearing this. Now, this caught her interest ah! She liked that fool who started this topic.

" What ghosts! Don't tell me you are afraid of them?" Yan mocked him. Xia Lian's lips formed an evil smirk and she lazily stretched her body as an idea formed in her mind.

Xuan Li Wei looked at girl's eyes that are shining brightly as if she caught her favorite prey.

Xia Lian cupped her hands around her mouth and made an eerie sound " Ooooo...". That sound coupled with the cool breeze made the situation look more spooky than usual.

" Eeek.. What is that sound?" Yan who acted high and mighty earlier was the first one to freak out.

The men around him looked at him with disdain, but soon their faces showed traces of panic as they heard crying sounds.. The group of men formed a defensive circle with their swords in their hands.. They looked as if they are ready to cut down anyone who comes before them..

Xia Lian rolled her eyes on seeing their exaggerated actions. She continued to make weird sounds and the group of fools almost ended up crying.

" A bunch of fools who freaked out on hearing a sound and you dare slander our soldiers.." Xia Lian scoffed at them. Xia Lian did not make any sounds further and the group of men moved quickly as if they were fleeing for their lives.

Xia Lian followed them with a dark expression on her face.

Xuan Li Wei followed the girl with an extremely funny expression on his face. This girl even has a naughty side ah! His eyes became teary as he tried hard to control his laughter on seeing her weird actions earlier..

Chapter 48: A new side of her (2)

Xia Lian stopped tailing those bunch of fools on seeing them enter a cave. Xia Lian casually leaned against the tree with her hands across her chest. She was sure that they are doing something sneaky.

Xia Lian thought for a while and gave up the idea of entering the cave recklessly. So, she sat on a branch with her face propped up on her palm. She was waiting for them to come out.

Xia Lian felt bored after waiting for a long while. Just when she was about to get up, she heard them coming out..

Xia Lian perked up her ears to hear their chatter.. Xuan Li Wei casually leaned on a tree observing everything before him. His sharp gaze fell on those fools who are currently rejoicing.

" Hehe.. this time without the eastern barracks, Qilin country will be like a tiger without its claws.."

" Don't talk such things casually.. It's not good to speak such things out loud." a young but sensible soldier rebuked them. Xia Lian looked at that young man for a moment before turning away.

" Peh! You are such a wimp.. Who will come here and listen to us?" another fool butted in.

Suddenly, Xia Lian felt sorry for their general. It's really a pity to have such fools in one's army.

" When their army falls down, we can play with their women.." a burly man licked his lips.

" Hmm.. last time we did not have fun to our heart's content.. This time we can look for young girls. What do you say?" Yan smirked.

" Yes, it's been a long time since I used ropes and my whip.." the burly man spoke with a huge smile on his face.

" Isn't it a wrong thing to defile women?" the young man who rebuked them earlier spoke again.

" If you can't shut that mouth of yours, I will gladly silence you." Yan spoke while choking the young lad before him. The young man struggled as his face turned into a dangerous shade of bluish-purple color. Only when he was completely out of air, Yan released him.

Xia Lian's face turned colder after hearing their words. Xia Lian snorted coldly in her heart after looking at the man named Yan.

Yan and the burly man resumed their perverted talk and the others joined them. Only one of them stayed near the young man who was almost strangled to death earlier.

From their talks, Xia Lian understood that each and every one of them destroyed the lives of many women. Then again she looked at the two young men who stood away from this awful group. She pondered for a while and immediately leaped from one tree to another and stopped on a tree below which those two men were sitting.

Xia Lian took two darts from her sleeves and leaped down. Yan and the company turned on hearing two shrieks behind them. They were surprised to see those two young lads lying on the ground as if they are in deep sleep. They searched around the entire area but they did not find anyone.

Xia Lian had a cold look in her eyes. Her gaze looked so terrifying that even Xuan Li Wei was rooted on the spot staring at her stupidly.

Xia Lian looked at the panicked bunch of soon-to-be corpses below her and her lips curved up. Xuan Li Wei looked at her blood thirsty smile and his lips slowly curved up. ' Are you a fierce tigress, gentle bunny or a bloodthirsty demon?'

Xia Lian notched four arrows on her bow and released them. The arrows sliced through the air making a low sound and it pierced through the bones and flesh leading to ear-piercing cries..

The group of men had horrified look on their faces as they saw Yan and the burly man crouched on the ground with two arrows pierced deeply in both of their knees. Looking at the degree of injury, anyone can tell that their legs are now useless and they are crippled for life.

Everyone secretly gulped and looked at their surroundings with increasing terror in their hearts.

Chapter 49: Did you show them any mercy?

Xia Lian did not let them worry for a long time as she shot several arrows in short intervals of time. By the time Xia Lian relaxed her bow, everyone are rolling on the ground with two arrows penetrating deep in their knees.

Xia Lian leaped from the tree and gracefully landed on the ground before them. They were so engrossed in their pain that they did not notice that a young brat is sneering at them.

Xia Lian walked towards the burly man and crouched before him. She lifted his chin using a twig and looked into his eyes " I heard you love playing with ropes and whips.." Xia Lian squinted her eyes and spoke as if she is really feeling bad " Sadly, I don't have a rope with me.."

The burly man gritted his teeth " What is your problem, eh! Why are you hurting us? Do you know who we are?"

Xia Lian rolled her eyes at him " What? You don't even know who you are.. Sorry, How can I know someone who can't even recognize themselves.."

The burly man felt a sweet taste in his throat on hearing her words.

Xia Lian sneered at him " But, I do know that you do not deserve to live..". Xia Lian suddenly bent towards him and pulled the whip from his waist. She looked at the man before her " Why don't you ask something that fits the current situation?". Xia Lian sighed " What a bunch of idiots! Really, I thought of using many powerful quotes and movie dialogues here.. I really want to play with you.. But, your face is making me feel nauseous.. "

Xia Lian didn't give the man enough time to react as she lashed out the whip towards his face. The man felt a sharp pain on his left cheek and

sub-consciously raised his hand to cover his cheek. But, before he could reach his cheek, he felt a sharp pain in his hand. He looked at his wrist which was coiled around by the whip tightly. Xia Lian used her strength and pulled the whip, severing the man's wrist from his arm.

The burly man screamed loudly on seeing his hand cut off neatly. Xia Lian lashed out the whip around his neck and warned him while strangling him " Make another sound and believe it or not, your head will roll on the ground in the next instant.."

The burly man bit his lips to stop his screams. Xia Lian retrieved the whip back as she was satisfied by his reaction.

Xia Lian then tilted her head to look at Yan. Yan shivered when her gaze fell on him. He gritted his teeth and begged "Young boy, We don't know what we did to offend you. But, please forgive us.."

Xia Lian felt that this man before her is the exact example for defining shamelessness. So, she chuckled at him " Am I mistaken?"

Yan felt a thread of hope in his heart. So, he started his Oscar worthy performance explaining to her that this is all a misunderstanding. His muffled cries increased the quality of his performance. Xia Lian really hated these kind of people who put on a false facade.

Yan looked at her with hopeful eyes, but in the next moment he fell into the pits of despair after hearing her words " Did you spare at least one girl, when they looked at you with the same hopeful eyes?"

" Didn't you enjoy their pleading and screams?"

" So, how are you expecting me to go easy on you? Did you think that I will let you live?" Xia Lian laughed hard after speaking these words. She felt that she heard the biggest joke in her life when she heard these men pleading for their lives.

" Why are you killing us for those insignificant women? If you kill us, my friends will come after you.." Yan tried to scare the boy before him. But, these words made Xia Lian laugh harder. ' This is clearly a demon from the hell?' Yan and other men never felt that a laugh could scare the wits out of them.

" Insignificant women? No, you are mistaken.. They are my sisters.." Xia Lian looked at everyone coldly before continuing " Also, I don't give a damn about your friends or whoever it is.. "

" Also, I will be gladly waiting for them to come after me. Now let's start the play.." Xia Lian lashed the whip towards Yan as soon as she finished speaking.

Chapter 50: I will not kill you, not so easily..

All the men around Yan shuddered on seeing his pitiful state. Currently his two hands were sliced off from his arms and his knee caps are smashed violently with the whip. There are numerous cuts on his body as Xia Lian used her dagger on him. All the men gulped and looked at the demon before them. The cold look on that face is enough to send chills in their spines. The whip in his hand was drenched in blood, but there is not even a single stain of blood on the boy before them.

How old was he? 12 or 13? They can't imagine what kind of a monster will come out of him in the next three or four years.. Their bodies trembled due to fear.

Xuan Li Wei looked at the scene before him calmly. He was also shocked on seeing how ruthless his little girl can be once she is provoked. He liked this side of her the most. Her confidence, her graceful bearing.. everything about her attracted him and he could not help but stare at her. With each strike she lashed out at them, his attraction for her increased.

Xuan Li Wei tilted his head to his right side and frowned. He felt a bad premonition in his heart. So, he immediately fired the golden flame signal into the air. Xia Lian did not pay much attention to it as she is dead set on the men before her.

All the men looked at her with terror. This young lad is playing with them slowly. He is dead set on torturing them before killing. Only now they understood what fear and pain truly is. They now repented on their sins, but they knew that they are going to die in a pitiful state today. So, they bowed their heads not daring to look at the demon before them.

Xia Lian initially dealt with the burly man and Yan as they disgusted her the most. Next she sliced of the hands of all the men before her. She then whipped them a few times before using the whip to separate their heads from their bodies.

Yan and the burly man almost puked on the spot on seeing their comrades heads rolling before them. Xia Lian slowly moved towards them and squatted before them. Yan looked at her with blood shot eyes " Boy, we are soldiers of Azur.." before Yan could finish speaking Xia Lian sliced of his tongue using her dagger.

" Don't sully the soldiers name. You do not deserve such honour.." Xia Lian hated when such scum called themselves as soldiers. In her eyes, soldiers deserve to be worshipped. These type of men are a stain on that profession.

Yan stared at the lad before him in complete horror. He never saw such blood thirstiness in anyone before. Yan looked extremely pitiable as half of his body parts are lying on the ground. His green robes are drenched with his blood. His face turned extremely pale due to his heavy blood loss.

Xia Lian got up and played with the dagger in her hands. The sharp dagger looked like a toy in her small jade white hands. Xuan Li Wei felt that he did the right thing in giving his dagger to her. The dagger was more suited to her than him. He realized that he is not as skilled as her in using the dagger.

" I will not kill you both.. Don't worry" Xia Lian looked at two bags of dirt before her and sheathed the dagger back into her robes.

Xia Lian looked at the cave before her and moved towards it. She stopped in her tracks on hearing the sounds of horse hooves. Xia Lian immediately climbed on to the tree like a monkey. She held the bow in her hand and readied herself. Xia Lian saw a green color approaching them. Xia Lian sighed and released three arrows towards them.

" Thunk.."

" Thunk.."

" Thunk.." Three of azure country soldiers dropped dead from their horses.

" Halt.." a middle aged man raised his hand and the hundred men behind him slowed down their horses and came to a stop.

The middle aged man signaled with his fingers and about twenty men galloped to the front on their horses. Xia Lian was not able to see them clearly but she let the arrows loose based on the direction of the sound. Three men were taken down. Xia Lian increased her speed and the twenty men dropped dead as all the arrows were shot right into their hearts.

The middle aged man looked at direction where Xia Lian is standing. He was not able to see the person clearly, but he was sure that a single person took down twenty of his men. He was clearly surprised by the speed and accuracy of that archer. He envied the Qilin country for having such a talented archer. At that moment, he made a decision in his heart.

Chapter 51: I will be your extra hand..

" There is only a single person. Everyone, let's charge at the same time. No matter how skilled he is, he can't take down all of us." the middle aged man shouted his orders.

" Hai.." Everyone agreed uniformly and galloped with their horses to their front.

Xia Lian arched her brows and leaped from one tree to other to change her position as some of the men got down from their horses and started to aim at her.

Xia Lian was able to shoot only three arrows at once, but she understood that she can't hold back them for long. Also, she had to change her position after each shot to avoid getting shot by them.

Xia Lian was able to kill only about twenty of them. As she was aiming at their hearts, she took a bit longer than usual. Xia Lian immediately leaped on to the next tree and the next.. Now, she was far away from her previous spot and Xia Lian face turned cold when she saw an arrow sticking into the place where she previously stood.

" If I was a bit late, it would have pierced my feet.." Xia Lian sighed while moving her left foot backwards. "If only I have an extra pair of hands, I would have killed them all by now.."

Xia Lian didn't notice the empty space behind and her left foot landed on empty air. Xia Lian lost her balance. It was so sudden that she did not have any time to react. So, she crossed her hands over her head, to protect herself from the fall. But, she did not fall down or feel any pain. Instead, she found her back resting against a firm chest and her waist was encircled by a strong arm making her steady and preventing her from fall.

Xia Lian was about to turn around when she heard a husky voice near her ear " I will be your extra hands." That voice coupled with his warm breath made her ears feel itchy. Before she could react to his words, she found one of his hands over hers. His hands cupped hers making the bow steady.

Xia Lian's other hand on the bowstring was also enveloped by his hand. But, that strong hand had six arrows.. Xia Lian immediately understood his actions and she used her fingers to take three arrows from his hands.

This action of hers made her fingers brush against his palms and fingers. Xuan Li Wei's hand trembled by her touch. But, he recovered quickly and their fingers intertwined as they notched six arrows on the box. Xia Lian did not use much strength to draw the bowstring as the man behind her took care of it.

The six arrows slashed through the air bringing down six of the men. Xuan Li Wei and Xia Lian did not waste any time as they began to shoot accurately bringing down six of the enemy men with each shot.

The middle aged man's heart was in a disarray. ' Is he a monster? How can he shoot 6 arrows ah!?' he cried silent tears in his heart. All his men are getting shot down like pigeons..

About a few meters away from where Xuan Li Wei and Xia Lian are standing, a heated debate is going on..

A group of six men had grave expressions on their faces. As soon as they arrived, they were met with the scene of their general shooting with that young brat. If it is a girl, that position is very romantic.. But, why is it a young boy?.. That made these group of young teens very unhappy..

" Great one, say.. our general hates to have close contact with anyone.." Great two's voice became more aggrieved with each word he spoke " But, now that little brat is leaning on our general.."

" Our general is just helping that brat.." Great three rolled his eyes at great two.

" Great One, shouldn't we go and help?" Great three was the most calm one among them.

" No need, our general can take care of them." Great one shook his head.

These are the group of six shadow guards of Xuan Li Wei. They always followed Xuan Li Wei keeping a distance of at least six km between them. They did not know that their general became a stalker and followed this 'young boy'. So, they had no idea that the boy is Xia Lian.

When they saw the golden flame signal flare, they thought that their general is in danger and they rushed forward. After seeing the situation here, they relaxed themselves and diverted their attention to the little boy in their general's arms.

Chapter 52: How dare you touch me?

The middle aged man in green robes was stunned on the spot as only about 20 men were alive. He clearly under estimated the enemy. So, he had only one option before him.

" Retreat.." the middle aged man raised his hand and everyone turned their horses around and galloped away. On seeing that they are escaping, Xia Lian tried to wriggle from his embrace as she wanted to shoot at them. But, Xuan Li Wei stopped her with his words " Your arrows won't reach them now. So, why bother to shoot at them?"

Xia Lian's face darkened after listening his words. ' This man really has guts.. Not only did he touch me, now he is talking back at me. Even though I look like a boy now, he can't touch me as he wanted. ' thinking this Xia Lian wriggled her arms out of his.

" How dare you touch me?" Xia Lian balled her fists and turned around suddenly punching Xuan Li Wei hard in his stomach.

Xuan Li Wei didn't see this coming and the punch really had a heavy impact on him. He didn't understand how this little girl can have such strength. Xia Lian smirked as she used her marine corps training techniques on him.

Xuan Li Wei's face is covered with a black mask. So, she was not able to see his face. His frown and his closed eyes made it clear that he is suffering.

On the other hand, Great one is so riled up on seeing his general getting hit by a brat who is not even half of his size. The other five held him back with great difficulty.

" Dude.. although you helped me you should not have touched me as you wished. So, this is a small reminder to you. In future, think twice before you act. I am stopping here because you helped me. So, thank you.." Xia Lian spoke while looking at the man who is currently clutching his stomach.

' This little thing, look at her saying thank you after hitting him..' Xuan Li Wei sighed in his heart. On hearing her words, he slowly straightened himself and opened his eyes.

Xia Lian raised her neck so much that it started to hurt. ' Damn it.. this guy is too tall.. Yes, he is abnormally tall and she is not short..' Xia Lian consoled herself that she is not too short. But, the pain in her neck reminded her that she is indeed short before him. She didn't even reach his chest ah!

When he opened his eyes, Xia Lian stared like a fool.. What a beautiful hazel brown.. She composed herself quickly and lowered her head. Her gaze stopped on his chest where she saw an embroidered fire emblem and a badge pinned near it.

Xia Lian felt as if she is struck by a lightning as a sudden realization hit her. ' So, this man is Qilin country's soldier.. Oh no, so he really wanted to save her and she misunderstood him.. And in the worst, she punched him..'

Xia Lian coughed as she spoke nervously while patting his shoulder

" Hey dude.. I didn't know you were from the army.. I wouldn't have hit you, if you had told me earlier.."

Xuan Li Wei was amused on hearing her nervous voice " When did you give me any chance to speak?"

Xia Lian choked on her breath. ' He's right.. I punched him before he could speak anything..'

So, she stammered " Hey dude.. Just treat it as an exchange of fists between friends.. okay.."

Xuan Li Wei: " I am not called dude..."

Xia Lian: "..." Oh no! this big guy is so adorable.

Xia Lian controlled her laughter and she tried to speak in a serious voice " I don't know what you are called.. So, I called you that.."

Xuan Li Wei nodded " You can call me Li Wei.."

Xia Lian extended her hand " You can call me Li.."

Xuan Li Wei raised his brows and looked at her little hand before him not understanding what to do " What do you want?"

' Oh my! I am not asking you for anything...' Xia Lian caught his hand and shook it " This is a way of introducing ourselves to others.."

Chapter 53: A cut-sleeve?

Xuan Li Wei pursed his lips and looked at the little girl in front of him who is currently shaking his hands. 'Damn girl! right now you punched me for touching you and now you are touching me on your own..' he thought to himself. He cannot possibly fight with her, right? It will look like he is bullying a child..

So, Xuan Li Wei raised his brows and raised his hand. Xia Lian was horrified ' He wouldn't slap her right? Anyways, she was the one who punched him first.. So, she will treat it as a silly fight between friends..' Thinking till here Xia Lian closed her eyes waiting for the slap.

Xuan Li Wei chuckled on seeing her like that. His hands stopped before her forehead and he flicked her head with his fingers.

" Ah.." Xia Lian opened her eyes and glared at him. But, that glare lasted only for a second as he did not slap her instead. So, she was secretly relieved in her heart. Her country's soldiers are so nice ah!

On the other side, Xuan Li Wei's secret guards are secretly crying silent tears. It was only great one who is not able to watch the lovey-dovey scenes before him anymore..

So, he looked at great two while pointing his fingers at the two figures who are gazing at each other. " Great two, tell me.. why are they looking like a pair of lovers who met each other after a long time?"

Great three snorted at this mad man " You've gone crazy.. They may be speaking with each other.. Because of their masks, we are not able to read their lips.."

It made great one close his mouth for a while. But he immediately lost it when he saw the brat grab their general's hands and shake it " Now what do you want to say.. Look at them.. Why is our general not choking that brat and allowing him to have his way?"

When Xuan Li Wei raised his hand, great one was cheering in his heart 'Come on general.. squash that brat with a single strike..'

But his smile did not last long his general not only did not strike him, but flicked his head in a loving way..

" Oh No!" Great two's face was filled with horror. Everyone turned to look at him when they heard him say " Our general isn't a cut sleeve, is he?"

At that moment everyone felt a boom in their heads and turned to look at those two who are still staring at each other.

" Little Li, why are you wandering alone?". Xia Lian choked on her breath on hearing how this guy called her.

" Little Li.." Xia Lian gritted her teeth. Though her expression is not visible due to her mask, Xuan Li Wei is pretty sure that this little girl is mad. He was secretly happy as he felt that teasing this girl is pretty amusing.

So, he continued " Of course, I will call you as little Li. You are not even half of my size."

' That's because I'm a girl..' Xia Lian shouted in her heart. But, she could not speak those words now.. So, she spoke in a gloomy tone " I am just wandering around.. "

Xuan Li Wei felt that for now he should stop or the girl will lash out on him again. So, he stopped teasing her " Little Li, your archery is quite good.."

Xia Lian raised her brows " As if your archery is bad.. Alright, I have no time to banter with you. I am going in to check the cave. You might be interested in it. So, will you come with me?"

" Alright.. Let's go.." Xuan Li Wei nodded and both of them leaped down the tree.

Xuan Li Wei looked at the two sorry figures on the ground as he asked " Little Li, what are you going to do to them?"

Xia Lian smirked " Parade them naked on the streets.."

Xuan Li Wei looked at the girl beside him in shock.. This girl is not even a bit embarrassed while speaking these things. What he did not know is that Xia Lian worked on countless bodies and what part of human body did she not see? In her eyes, all human bodies are the same.. Where is the room for embarrassment?

Chapter 54: My friend, I'm there for you..

Xia Lian dragged Yan and the burly man and tied them to a tree using the whip as a rope. She was sure that they cannot even lift a finger in their state. But, in order to be safe she tied them to the tree.

Xuan Li Wei looked at the two sleeping figures under a tree two steps away from them. " Are you not going to kill them?"

Xia Lian followed his gaze and sighed " I am not a monster.. They didn't know anything wrong. So, why would I kill them?"

" I gave them sleeping medicine. They will not wake up for another three hours. Alright, let's go.." Xia Lian dusted her hands and looked at Xuan Li Wei.

Xuan Li Wei nodded and both of them moved towards the cave.

Great one was not able to endure anymore and shouted at the top of his voice " Why are they going into the cave? Hey brat, if you dare touch my master I will chop your head off.. Don't try to seduce my master again.." but in his heart he secretly vowed ' Our general belongs only to our goddess..'

Remaining five guards : "..." This guy has gone mad.. Did he not want to live any more?

Xuan Li Wei and Xia Lian were both stunned and they stopped walking on hearing those outrageous words. Xia Lian's mouth twitched on hearing those words and she looked at the man beside her " Do you like men?"

Xuan Li Wei felt his veins popping on his forehead and his face immediately darkened. Xia Lian now confirmed that his extreme reaction is because her words are true. So, she quickly consoled him " Don't worry.. As a friend I will support you in the future, if you find your other half.. Also, I will keep my mouth shut unlike those fools of yours. Wait and watch.. let me teach them a lesson.." Xia Lian took her bow after speaking those words.

Xuan Li Wei was shocked beyond words and he remained like a statue in that position for a long while before recovering. ' How did it turn out like this? Now, am I a cut-sleeve in her eyes..' he lamented in his heart.

Xia Lian shot at those six guards in such a way that the arrows landed either before their feet or they passed above their head. She made them run till they are two steps away from them. All the six teenagers looked at the puny brat before them and secretly gulped.

" You dumb fellas.. Even if your master is a cut-sleeve, you should keep your mouths shut. Also, don't worry this young master has no interest in men. I am interested in pretty women." Xia Lian then looked at each one of them before speaking in a menacing voice " If you guys spout such nonsense again, I don't mind sewing your mouths.."

Xuan Li Wei did not know if he should be happy or sad.. His little girl is protecting him.. But, she clearly misunderstood everything ah!

Xia Lian then turned to look at Xuan Li Wei " Li Wei, you are my friend. So, don't worry I will protect you.. But, you are not allowed to have any feelings towards this young master..". Xuan Li Wei started to correct her " It's not what you are thinking.."

Xia Lian just brushed him off by waving her hands " No need to say anymore.. I can understand your aggrieved heart Li Wei.. "

Xuan Li Wei rubbed his forehead.. This girl is not even willing to listen.. He finally decided to shut his mouth, but his brain is working hard on how to tell her..

Xia Lian turned to look at the six teenagers before her who are looking at her as if she is a monster. She laughed hard in spite of herself. All of them heard her bell like laughter and stared at her like fools. Due to her extreme movements earlier, the knots of her mask became loose. A slight breeze flowed making her mask tilt down a little.

Xia Lian removed her mask as she felt that the knots have loosened. These six teenagers opened their mouths in shock on seeing her face. How could they forget her? They are her biggest fans ah! Now, they understood the situation..

Great one was the most excited of all.. On seeing that he was about to spout some nonsense again the remaining five guards blocked his mouth with their hands and pulled him to a safe distance.

They formed a circle and spoke in whispers " We misunderstood.. It's our goddess.. Now I understand why our general is like an obedient cat before her.. "

Everyone looked at great one with anger " You and your stupid mouth.. Now our general is a cut-sleeve in her eyes..."

Great one lowered his head and spoke slowly " I can clear this misunderstanding.."

The remaining five immediately refused his stupid idea " No need to create additional problems for our general.. We made a huge mistake, so now we will try to support our general as much as possible.."

They turned around only to find that their general and their goddess are looking at them.. or rather glaring at them..

Chapter 55: Exploring (1)

" Are you done talking?" Xia Lian was fed up with these fools.

All the six teenagers nodded their heads like a pecking hen. Xia Lian looked at them seriously " All of you are coming with us inside. Otherwise, you will slander me of sullying your master.."

Xuan Li Wei's lips twitched under his mask and he looked at his group of six fools with a helpless expression. All the six guards felt pity in their hearts and they were also guilty as this is the result of their actions.

' Mistress, if it's you we will not bat an eyelid even if you kidnap our general' Great one sighed in his heart. He came forward and bowed slightly " Young master, why would we worry? Our master is not a cut-sleeve and we were joking earlier. So, we won't be following you." but inside his heart he was screaming ' Mistress, now you don't have to worry. You can take a bite of our general..'

" Ohh.. It seems like I misunderstood something.." Xia Lian looked at Xuan Li Wei who was nodding at her furiously. Xia Lian looked at the master and guards group and she was no longer able to control her laughter " hahaha.. alright, I believe that you like women.. So, everyone be at ease.."

" You will come with us into the cave." Xia Lian looked at great one.

" No.. No need of us coming in at all. Our master is capable and he can manage everything.. So young master you do not have to worry.." great one immediately refused.

Xia Lian did not think much about it and shrugged her shoulders. " All right then, let's go in Li Wei.."

Xia Lian turned to walk towards the cave. Xuan Li Wei glared at the six fools before following her. All the six men secretly gulped and great one voiced out the fears in everyone's mind " We should get ready for our special training.. I fear this time it may last for many months.."

The other five also nodded in agreement..

Xia Lian knitted her brows on seeing the dark and empty downward staircase inside the cave. What she did not understand is that why did these azure country fellows build a tunnel with its entrance in this cave..

Xuan Li Wei just leaned against the cave watching her actions. Xia Lian tilted her head and her anger flared up on seeing this relaxing young man. She gritted her teeth " You.. tell me how should we go in if it's this dark.. We can't possibly use a fire as we don't know what is inside."

Xuan Li Wei suddenly stood up and caught hold of her little hand pulling her behind him as he slowly descended the stair case " Simple.. I will take you down there.. Just take one step at a time."

Xia Lian was shocked at first by his sudden actions, but she did not mind his touch as she followed him carefully. However, she didn't know that Xuan Li Wei had a sly smile on his face behind the mask.

Both of them smelled a strong scent and it increased as they continued to move down. Xia Lian immediately recognized it as she blurted it out without thinking " Gunpowder.."

Xuan Li Wei spoke after hearing her words " You even know about gunpowder.."

Xia Lian rolled her eyes " It's only gunpowder. Anyone would know about it.." Xia Lian closed her mouth as she suddenly realized that she is not in 21st century anymore. In this era, gunpowder is very precious dear! she scolded herself for being muddleheaded. Xia Lian was prepared to face his insults.. Right now her words can be taken as arrogant, so she bowed her head and followed him carefully waiting for him to berate her.

However, Xuan Li Wei laughed on hearing her words " You are cleverer than I expected..". Xia Lian was pleasantly surprised as he did not scold her. So, she praised him generously " Li Wei, you are really good.."

Xuan Li Wei raised his brows, but he did not speak anything. Xia Lian was really tired of walking. So, she complained " How long is this tunnel?"

Xuan Li Wei heard her tired voice and stopped. Xia Lian was about to ask him if they reached the end when she heard his voice " If you promise that you won't punch me, I can carry you.."

Chapter 56: Exploring (2)

Xia Lian was really tired. She had no idea how many kilometers they walked.. So, she spoke in a low voice " Alright, I won't beat you.."

Xuan Li Wei pulled her into his embrace and circled his arm around her waist. He lifted her in his arms easily as she is very light in weight.. He then used his qing qong and easily carried her along with him in the air.

Xia Lian placed her small hands on his chest due to his sudden movement. She did not remove her hands to keep a distance from him.

But, she suddenly found something interesting.. So, she started patting his chest and abdomen. Xuan Li Wei's body became stiff and before he could speak something he heard her excited voice " You must have a great body.."

Xuan Li Wei coughed heavily on hearing her words.. 'What sort of things is this girl speaking? How is she able to speak about a man's body so nonchalantly ? This girl is truly weird..' Xuan Li Wei sighed. Though he was not able to see her face, he can almost imagine this little girl's shining eyes while asking that question.

" What are you saying?" he managed to ask that question with a heavy voice.

Xia Lian did not notice the change in his voice and continued to speak " I've seen many bodies.. But, I can tell that your body is great just by feeling it.. "

Xuan Li Wei : "..." I should be proud of myself, right?

But, his sense of pride did not remain for long as her next words diffused all his current flames..

" Your body is best suited for dissecting.."

Xuan Li Wei was horrified " You want to dissect my body?! "

Xia Lian was brought back to her senses after hearing his horrified voice. In truth, this man's body can be used as a model for explaining to students. She had to admit that the first thought that came to her mind is dissecting this almost perfect body.. But, she can't say that right?

So, Xia Lian coughed " No.. of course not.. How can I, a little harmless boy dissect such a huge man.. So, don't worry.. I wont dissect those who are alive just to satisfy my curiosity.."

Xuan Li Wei immediately retorted " Hmm.. You are a little harmless boy who sliced off the heads of almost ten men.. I should be careful from now.."

" Hey! I won't harm my friends.. So, don't be upset now.."

" I don't believe you.. And, Why would I be upset.. Because of you? No way.."

" Eh? Bro, your voice is betraying you ah.. I can tell that you are clearly upset.. I will buy you some candy later.. So, don't pout.."

" Candy?! You are not even half of my size.. You should buy some for yourself.."

Both of them bantered along the way and the entire tunnel reverberated under their shouts..

If Jun Moyin saw this scene, he would say ' That's the way to go.. I'm always cheering for you bro.. Disputes are also a part of love.. ' and if his shadow guards saw this scene they would be shocked beyond words on seeing their general fight like a kid.

Xuan Li Wei stopped in mid air as he sensed something metallic in their way. He guessed that it was a gate leading to a chamber.

" We've reached the end.." Xuan Li Wei spoke and dropped the baggage in his arms. As they are in mid air and Xia Lian did not see this coming, she landed on her butt..

" Ouch! It hurts.." Xia Lian's cry echoed in the empty tunnel.

" Serves you right.. This is a punishment for thinking about dissecting my body... Humph.." Xuan Li Wei snorted.

" I could have died.."

" I am not so cruel as you.. We are only a few feet away from the ground when I dropped you.. So, stop over-reacting.."

" You lowly minion.. If I can see you now, I will surely dissect you right here.."

" Little Li, enough of this.. Move aside, I should break this gate.." Xuan Li Wei pulled her on to her feet and made her stand behind him. Xia Lian gritted her teeth and obediently stood behind him.

Xuan Li Wei gathered his internal energy in his hands and broke the lock with a single strike. Xia Lian was about to praise him again, but she pursed her lips on remembering how he dropped her before.

Chapter 57: Couldn't help liking her (1)

Xuan Li Wei walked inside holding the fuming bunny's hand. The smell of gunpowder became more intense with every step they took forward.

" Aish.. I really want to take a good look, but we cannot use fire.." Xia Lian was frustrated.

On hearing her words Xuan Li Wei stopped and released her hand. He fished his robes and he placed a glowing thing in her hands.

Xia Lian was fascinated with this seemingly LED bulb like thing. So, she asked curiously " What is this thing?"

" Night pearl..."

' Wait, if he had this thing with him why didn't he take it out earlier?' Xia Lian's face darkened as she asked in a menacing voice " Why didn't you take this out when we were on the stairs?"

" I forgot.." Xuan Li Wei feigned innocence.

" You.." Xia Lian was so angry as she pointed her finger at him in an accusing way. But, she managed to say only that word as Xuan Li Wei shamelessly pulled her into his embrace.

" Why are you so frustrated? " Xuan Li Wei bent forward so that their faces are only a finger's width apart. Xia Lian was frozen by his sudden movement and she remained like a statue looking at those shining hazel brown eyes. Xuan Li Wei stared her widened jet black almond eyes which appeared more enchanting under the light of the night pearl.

A man and a girl stood still as if time had come to a stop staring into the other's eyes... The hazy light of the night pearl made the scene look like a beautiful painting.

" We are both men.. What are you scared of?" Xuan Li Wei broke the silence.

" Or.. Are you actually a girl?" this time Xuan Li Wei whispered in her ear.

" Huh?" Xia Lian did not understand as she was still shocked by this man.

" Say.. you are actually a girl and you fell for this master, right?" Xuan Li Wei said while poking the mask on her nose area. It looked as if he was playing with her nose.

Xia Lian slapped his finger away and moved a bit closer pulling him towards her in the process. Xuan Li Wei was stunned as their noses are almost touching and his body froze when he saw her black eyes staring right at him.

" Don't you worry.. Girl or boy.. It doesn't matter as this one will never fall in love with you.." Xia Lian spoke in an enchanting voice.

Xia Lian did not spare another glance at this shameless man as she pushed him away with a single hand. Then without any care she moved forward with the night pearl in her hand observing her surroundings.

Xuan Li Wei took a few steps backward as he straightened himself. He then stared at the tiny figure before him.. Her back was straight and she moved as if she did not give a damn about anyone.. She had her own pride and her whole being so confident that he found it difficult to look away from her.. May be this is the reason why he was coming to like her more and more..

Xuan Li Wei stared at her back with a million thoughts in his mind.

" Li Wei, come here and take a look at these wooden crates.." Xia Lian's voice brought him out of his daze and he quickly walked towards her.

" You are not angry anymore?" Xuan Li Wei looked at the girl before him in amusement.

" Why would I be angry? Both of us like to banter with each other.." Xia Lian asked in confusion.

' Damn woman! you scared me..' he lamented in his heart.

" Let's open them.." Xuan Li Wei directly opened the box and Xia Lian lifted her toes to take a look forgetting their earlier conversation completely.

" Not bad, they actually made gunpowder balls. It seems that they are trying to blow up the entire army in this place.." Xia Lian spoke while looking at the several hundreds of crates before them.

Xuan Li Wei stayed silent for a while before he asked " How did you guess that the army is their target?"

" It's not a blind guess and I'm sure that the army is their target.." a confident voice answered back.

" Oh.. How so? Care to explain to me?" Xuan Li Wei was amused. Now, he found something truly interesting.

Chapter 58: Couldn't help liking her (2)

" Are you taking me for a fool?" Xia Lian rolled her eyes " Only the military camp is present near the border. Military camp is the strongest pillar of any empire. One can image what kind of disaster it will be if the army falls. So, the army is their main target."

" Though this method is a bit under-handed, it will be quite effective. Too bad, it seems they under estimated the general of eastern barracks."

On seeing that Xuan Li Wei remained silent, Xia Lian continued to speak " Say Li Wei, your general is quite smart. Am I wrong?"

" No, you are right. But, he may not be as out-standing as you think." Xuan Li Wei spoke humbly as his heart was clearly shaken by this little monster. After a few years, she will clearly surpass him. He was convinced of that.

" Eh! You are a fool.. I just accidentally discovered this place. But, your general sent you here to take a look. So, I have to say he is good. If possible I want to fight with him." Xia Lian clenched her fists and looked as if she is ready to punch the general.

Xuan Li Wei raised his brows on seeing her so eager to beat him. He could not help but smile " So, do you want to compete with him in strength or brains?"

" Both."

Xuan Li Wei: "..." Alright, I give up.

Xuan Li Wei really wanted to test her. So, he spoke " Little Li, check this place well and tell me if you discover anything abnormal. If you are successful, then I will ask my general to spar with you. Are you ready?"

Xia Lian's blood was pumped up as she declared confidently " Then, you should get ready for coaxing your general.." she left like a wisp of smoke as soon as she finished speaking these words.

Xuan Li Wei smiled wryly as he leaned against the wooden crates " It seems I should get ready for a round of beating."

Xia Lian bounced around humming a sound. Xuan Li Wei stretched his body lazily like a cat and he felt sleepy on hearing her voice.

After a while, Xuan Li Wei opened his eyes as he felt his surroundings became eerily quiet. He was about to get up and look around when he heard a cheerful voice calling him " Li Wei, come here and look what I found."

Xuan Li Wei found this little girl waving her small hand at him with the night pearl in other hand. He walked over to her and spoke lazily " Disturbing my sleep.. You better show me something good.."

" Humph, Sleeping when actually you should be looking around. Wait, till I tell your general about you.." Xia Lian wanted to flick his forehead but she was not able to touch his head even when she raised her toes.

Xuan Li Wei looked at her finger which was far away from his forehead and he could not help but laugh loudly. Xia Lian coughed to hide her embarrassment and she changed the topic while pulling him along with her.

" Look at this.." Xia Lian pointed towards a brick wall in the huge chamber. Xuan Li Wei saw this girl tap on each brick twice before going to the next one. His lips curved up in satisfaction. ' So. it seems that I am destined to get beaten up by this little girl..'

Xia Lian stopped after tapping a brick and pushed it inside. Sure enough, another underground passage opened before their eyes. Xia Lian looked at Xuan Li Wei " Let's go in.."

" Aren't you afraid of any traps in there?"

" Li Wei, they didn't set any traps to guard that gunpowder. Also, it's not possible that there is another chamber down there. I'm sure it is a passage to your military camp. They won't waste their time on setting traps for themselves, right?"

" You don't need to test me.. Believe me my friend, I'm not a dumb fellow." Xia Lian snorted at this friend of hers.

" Alright, I won't test you anymore. Let's go in." Xuan Li Wei laughed and followed Xia Lian. But, they came to a stop at a dead end.

Chapter 59: I love eating

Xuan Li Wei looked at the dead end and smirked " Move aside.. I am sure that after we dig for a short while, we will find their target.."

" Li Wei, I am suddenly feeling bad for your general.." Xia Lian sighed sadly. Xuan Li Wei almost stumbled on hearing her words. Xia Lian did not notice his actions as she continued speaking while thinking deeply with her gaze locked on the ground below her feet.

" Surely, their target is your general ah! I have a hunch that this passage's exit will be somewhere near the general's tent.. If a general falls, without a strong leader the army will definitely be in a disarray.. I kind of like this idea.. "

" Little Li, are you really 12 years old?" Xuan Li Wei's pride was hurt badly. Everyone hailed him as a genius when he was 14 years old, but this brat is clearly 12 years old.. So, what should he call her? He really did not know..

" Hehe.." Xia Lian laughed like a rouge " You are jealous, aren't you?"

" Ho.. ho... I am a genius by birth. So, don't feel so bad.." Xia Lian brushed her hands before Xuan Li Wei as if he is a fly..

Xuan Li Wei's lips twitched on seeing her gleeful image. He turned around silently resuming his work. He started to dig the pathway using his internal energy. He really didn't want to talk to this girl now. She is really making him loose his calm..

" Eh?! Li Wei, why are you so silent.." Xia Lian was bored on seeing him work so seriously.

On seeing that Xuan Li Wei is ignoring her, Xia Lian moved forward and stood by his side.

" Li Wei, Can I help?" Xia Lian was uncomfortable by this deadly silence around them.

" Yes.." Xuan Li Wei replied nonchalantly. He didn't spare even a glance at her. But, secretly he was enjoying on seeing this girl trying to make him talk.

" Just be silent.. It's the best way you can help me." Xia Lian felt as if she is drenched by a bucket of cold water on hearing his words.

" No, let me help you.." before Xia Lian could complete her words she saw Xuan Li Wei take out something from his robes and push it into her hands.

" Aa..pple.." Xia Lian removed her mask and spoke while eating the fruit. Xuan Li Wei looked at the girl who is currently eating the apple happily. He looked at her bloated cheeks and her big eyes staring at him..

' Oh god! Too cute..' Xuan Li Wei controlled his urge to pinch the girl's cheek as he pulled her to sit on a crate at a safe distance from him.

" Now be good and eat it. Leave that work to me.."

" Alright, I will join you after eating.."

Xuan Li Wei looked at the half-eaten apple in her hands. With her current eating speed, she will be at his side in a few minutes. He was afraid of loosing his self-control around her. So, he pulled out a small bag from his robes and placed them on her lap " You can come only after eating everything in them.."

Xia Lian frowned on hearing his words, but after looking at the contents inside the bag she was so happy that she nodded like pecking hen. The bag had a few apples and grapes. She absolutely loved fruits. Also, she didn't feel uncomfortable around Li Wei, so she accepted everything without shame. " Li Wei, don't worry I have many oranges with me. I will give them to you after we leave this place. I won't eat for free.."

Xuan Li Wei shook his head helplessly as he knew that she can't be persuaded easily. He looked at her eating happily and then he turned around to continue his work.

Xuan Li Wei dusted his hands as he saw light entering the passage. He turned around only to find that this girl was standing behind him silently.

" You finished everything?" Xuan Li Wei looked at the girl's petite figure. He didn't take much time for digging and this girl ate the whole lot of fruits at such a high speed..

" Yup, I love fruits and basically I love eating.."

Xuan Li Wei nodded as he found something interesting again. This girl did not care for her image at all.. He found her rather cute again..

Chapter 60: Why are you here?

Xuan Li Wei easily climbed out of the hole and stared at the short girl who is now looking at him with accusing eyes. He stood at the same spot without moving as he happily observed how hard she tried to come out..

Finally, he chuckled and he lifted her out of the hole carefully. Xia Lian no longer wanted to speak with this idiot on remembering how he watched her struggle without helping her..

So, she tilted her head ignoring him. But, she froze on seeing her surroundings.. 'Why are we inside a tent?' Xia Lian tilted her head to the other side while thinking.

She immediately froze on seeing a third person in the tent who was currently looking at them with a surprised expression.

" Why are you here?" Xia Lian pointed her finger at the person who stood rooted on the spot.

" Do I know you?" the man finally came out of his daze and looked at the masked young brat before him. ' How dare he point his finger at him' the man frowned while looking at the half-sized brat.

" So, this is how you treat your friends ah!" Xia Lian was angry " You can't even recognise your friend.."

" Jun.. Mo.. Yin!" Xia Lian spat out each word as she glared at the ungrateful brat before her while taking off her mask.

Now, Jun Moyin stood rooted on the spot as he looked at his sister-in-law who is dressed in men's clothing with a foolish look on his face.

" Sis Xia!" Jun Moyin was excited as he pulled her towards a cushioned chair. " Why are you here?"

" I should be asking you that. What are you doing in the general's tent? Don't tell me you are here to steal something.." Xia Lian clearly believed in this fellows abilities. She was sure that he is at this place to cause trouble.

Jun Moyin clutched his chest " Sis Xia, do I look like a thief to you?". Xia Lian nodded immediately as she was angry that he did not recognise her.

Jun Moyin was visibly hurt as he turned to face his brother who is leaning on his bed and watching them with an amused expression on his face.

" Big brother, tell her the truth.."

' Big brother?' Xia Lian tilted her head to look at his big bro of her stupid friend. But, her expression froze on seeing a devilishly handsome man looking at her with a slight smile on her face.

' Ah! This man is too beautiful like a painting..' Xia Lian was in her own world admiring this man's features. Jun Moyin looked at his sister-in-law who is openly staring at his brother without blushing. Xuan Li Wei's smile widened on seeing her stare at him without blinking her eyes.

Jun Moyin coughed slightly as he poked Xia Lian on her arm " Sis Xia.."

No response from the concerned party

" Sis Xia, what are you doing?"

" Admiring beauty.."

Jun Moyin coughed on hearing her words. Now, Xia Lian looked as if she is deeply thinking about something. Jun Moyin felt it funny on seeing her thinking so deeply. So, he asked her " What are you thinking now?"

Xia Lian was lost in her dream land as she answered honestly without thinking " Your brother is as beautiful as a painting. I never thought I would see such handsome men in real life.."

Jun Moyin looked at his big brother whose ears are currently like a tomato. He guffawed in his heart on seeing his brother's flustered experience. It's the first time he saw his brother blush so hard and this reaction is just because of a few words from his sister-in-law.

But, her next words made Xuan Li Wei cough a mouthful of blood and Jun Moyin roll on the ground with laughter..

" I was thinking how much we can earn if we sell your brother to a brothel.."

Chapter 61: You can be free before us

" pfft.." Jun Moyin froze for a while before bursting into laughter. He looked at his brother's darkened face and the pitch of his laughter increased. 'Oh my god! My sister-in-law is truly savage..' Jun Moyin squinted his eyes and looked at Xia Lian who is still engrossed in her own world, without caring for a certain broken heart.

" Sis Xia, there are many famous pleasure houses here. I will search the best one for you and then we can go together.." Jun Moyin stopped his sentence in the middle as he felt a strong killing intent from his bro..

" Hmm.. Moyin, let's do it.. I think that we both are kindred spirits.. " Xia Lian was excited as she spoke with shining eyes.

" First you want to dissect me and now you want to sell me?!" Xuan Li Wei spat those words coldly.

' When did I say that I will dissect this elder brother ah?!' Xia Lian frowned as he disturbed her thoughts, but then a sudden realization hit her " Eh?! Li Wei?" Xia Lian looked at the extremely handsome man before her " You are Li Wei?"

Xuan Li Wei pursed his lips and nodded silently. " Initially I felt bad that I might have insulted Moyin's elder bro.. But, if it is you I am more than happy to sell you away.." Xia Lian was currently enjoying his depressed state. Finally, she had a chance to piss him off.. And she is going to make full use of it.

" I am a petty person. I will never let those who offended me to have a peaceful life.." Xia Lian snorted " But, as you are my friend I will just wage a war of words with you.."

Jun Moyin was curious now.. Just what did his brother do to make this little bunny angry? " Sis Xia, what exactly did my brother do?"

Xia Lian looked at Jun Moyin and explained all the events to him.. Xia Lian looked at his dejected face " What are you making that long face for?"

" I should have been there.. I missed many beautiful scenes.." Jun Moyin's heart was filled with regret. He really wanted to see how his brother flirted.. From Xia Lian's explanation Jun Moyin understood that he truly under-estimated his brother's flirting abilities..

" No wonder you both are brothers.." Xia Lian's lips twitched on hearing his shameless words.

" Li Wei, let's go to meet your general. I think we fooled enough here.." seeing the girl's sweet smile, Xuan Li Wei felt really helpless. If anyone spoke such words, they would have met lord Yama by now. But, no matter what this girl speaks, he did not get angry..

' I am truly hopeless now..' Xuan Li Wei sighed in his heart.

" Sis Xia, what are you saying? My brother Xuan Li Wei, is the general of eastern barracks.." his sister-in-law is truly slow in some matters.

" Ge.. General?" now it's Xia Lian's turn to be stunned. She slowly tilted her head only to meet with Xuan Li Wei's ' what are you going to do now?' expression..

' Xuan???? So, this fellow is a prince..' Xia Lian secretly gulped as she slowly stood up. She looked at Xuan Li Wei and smiled nervously while saluting him " General, no matter how shameless you are I still respect you as a general..."

Jun Moyin covered his mouth with his hands to muffle the sounds of his laughter.. ' His sister-in-law's tongue is truly poisonous..'

" I don't know that you are the fourth prince.. Otherwise, I would have kept my mouth shut.. I don't want my head rolling on the ground for offending a prince.." Xia Lian started to act pitifully.

" Stop your act.." Xuan Li Wei felt goose bumps all over his body on seeing her " You can behave as you wish before both of us.. But, be careful before others. Not, everyone can maintain their calm after hearing your words.." he seriously advised her.

" hehe.. thank you general.. you are so kind.." Xia Lian felt happy as this friend of hers is quite reasonable and mature. So, he is her second friend.

" Call me Li Wei.. Your sudden show of respect is creepy..."

" Li Wei, shall we fight now? You promised me.."

Chapter 62: Eager to fight

" As you wish.. No weapons, I will not attack you and you have three chances to take me down." Xuan Li Wei continued " If you are not able to take me down then you loose.."

Xuan Li Wei knew that she is skilled, but her strength is not enough to fight with him. She still needs to practice for a few years to beat him.

" You can also attack me.. I am not that weak." Xia Lian was not satisfied.

" I don't bully kids.. If you are not satisfied then we won't fight.." Xuan Li Wei also didn't back down.

" Alright, you win.." Xia Lian raised her hands in surrender and followed Xuan Li Wei out of the tent. Jun Moyin was worried about his sister-in-law " Sis Xia, I think it's not a good idea to fight my big bro.."

" Moyin, do you believe in me?" Xia Lian suddenly turned towards him.

Jun Moyin looked at her earnest expression and sub-consciously nodded " Of course, I believe in you.."

" Then don't worry.. I won't get beaten up.."

" Sis Xia, if possible beat the crap out of my brother.."

Xia Lian: " I don't think it is possible, you brother is not weak. If it is you, I can easily beat you into a pulp..." Are you really his brother ah?! How can I beat the crap out of a general with my petite figure.. You've got be kidding me..

Jun Moyin's lips twitched " No need sis Xia.. I don't want to get beaten up.."

Xuan Li Wei smiled on hearing the conversation between these two brats. ' Really, these both seem like kindred spirits..' he thought to himself.

Along the way all the soldiers saluted Xuan Li Wei on seeing him. Everyone looked at Xia Lian curiously.. She looked like a soft toy among all those strongly built men.

Some of the men were unable to hold back their curiosity as they asked " Young master Moyin, who is that cute boy with you?"

"Oh! you are talking about sis Xia?" Jun Moyin looked at the group of soldiers.. " She's here with our general.."

" It's a girl! " the soldiers looked at Xia Lian from top to bottom. It's the first time their general brought a girl with him. So, they couldn't help but take a look at her.. But everyone had a single thought in their minds ' Isn't she too young?'

" Oh! So you are showing her the military camp?" one of the young soldier asked while looking at Xia Lian.

" No, I am going to fight with your general. If you are interested, come to the training grounds, bye-bye" Xia Lian pulled Jun Moyin with her " Come on, let's go.."

" That little girl is fighting with our general! Isn't she courting death.." several soldiers were horrified on hearing the little girl's words.

" Our general is not a monster.. He won't hurt her badly. I am going to watch the match.. Are you coming or not?" another one balled his fists in excitement.

" Let's spread the word.. I'm sure all our brothers will be interested in this match..."

Thus this interesting piece of news spread like a wild fire among the camp and almost everyone gathered around the training grounds.

" I just said those words out of a whim.. " Xia Lian looked at the army of soldiers who surrounded them and are now waiting for a good show to start.

Xia Lian saw a soldier of about forty years coming towards them.

" General, instead of direct physical attacks why don't you spar with spears?" he looked at the girl before him. If their general is willing to fight against a young girl, then it means only one thing. This girl is really skilled.. So, he wanted to see this girl's strength as she is challenging their general.

Xuan Li Wei was not sure about her strength, so he wanted to reject. But, before he could reject Xia Lian spoke " Alright then, let's spar..". On seeing that Xuan Li Wei was about to refuse her she spoke " Let's entertain the soldiers for a while.. "

" Also, don't go easy on me. I want to know where my strength stands.." Xia Lian looked into the eyes of Xuan Li Wei.

" Alright, then we will fight till one of us backs down voluntarily.. Also I will attack you and the number of moves are not limited to three.." Xuan Li Wei sighed after thinking for a long time. He realized that he can't refuse her..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 129K 59
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.4M 79.8K 81
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
3M 44.6K 67
"You want daddy to f*ck you, hard and rough then reward you with his c*m, is that it, little slut?!" "Yes, Daddy" * MONALISA I thought I had a probl...
181K 23.1K 14
في وسط دهليز معتم يولد شخصًا قاتم قوي جبارً بارد يوجد بداخل قلبهُ شرارةًُ مُنيرة هل ستصبح الشرارة نارًا تحرق الجميع أم ستبرد وتنطفئ ماذا لو تلون الأ...