chapter 101-120

Chapter 101: The Dark City (1)

" The dark city.." Xia Lian's words made both Fan Ling and Bao Su frown in displeasure. They naturally heard about this dark city which was well known for its auction house and the underground battle arena. It was said that all kinds of people from all corners of the world assemble here just to test their strength. What these two shadow guards did not understand is their master's sudden interest in such a place. This dark city is no place for women.

" Master, why that place of all places?" Bao Su was unsettled by her choice of place. Well, his master was known for breaking the general stereotypes. But, this dark city is much more than she can handle, that is what he thought.

" To earn money" Xia Lian very naturally answered his question. She heard that one can money in the battle arenas through bets. Other than that, she had a solid plan in her mind and she will take it step-by-step. And for her plans to bear fruition, this dark city is the foundation she required the most.

Xia Lian heard of this city from her master Wu Gong. He told her many things of this Dark city and due to her curiosity she made him spill out many secrets of this place. In that way, this place caught her interest.

This Dark city is a basically a home to mercenaries, assassins, thugs, secret dealers and what not..

Women are rarely seen in this city as there are very few to zero women mercenaries and assassins. Mostly, houses are seen about a few kilometers away from the center of the city. But, no one is to disrespect the women present here. The leader of the Dark city had strict rules and one of those rules is to respect women. If anyone tries to misbehave with women, they are immediately executed.

But, no one knows who the leader is. There are only rumors that this leader is extremely cruel and bloodthirsty. They say that he loves killing and anyone who looks at his face dies out of fear. They say that he is ugly. But, rumors are rumors.. Xia Lian never believed in rumors.Nah! She refused to believe those shitty rumors.

Ugly.. How can someone who respect and treasure women be ugly? In her view, it is the inner beauty which matters and not the outer shell.

'Disrespect a woman and you will be immediately executed..' Even many countries in the modern world lacked such strict rules regarding the safety of women. So. introducing such rule in this ancient era can be considered as something revolutionary.

This rule of immediate execution naturally scratched Xia Lian's itchy heart. Who in the world made such awesome rule? She wanted to meet this leader.. If possible she wanted to get an autograph..

She had an intuition that this person might become a great partner if roped in her plans. So, she wanted to try her best to meet this person hiding in the shadows.

Other than the leader, Xia Lian was interested in other things as well..

1) The Black Dragon auction house

The Black Dragon auction house is the biggest auction house in this Qilin continent. It houses many ancient and mystical weapons, herbalists can sell their medicines, very rare stones and precious metals are auctioned here. It was also named as the auction house for the rich and wealthy.