Falling For My Best Friend

By short_grace

What's worse than being a guy in high school who figures out they are gay and they have a crush on another gu... More

Authors Note?
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Ending Authors Note
CLARA'S STORY!
Some things to talk about

Chapter 3

54.6K 1.7K 2.1K
By short_grace

I hope people enjoy this story, at least one person. Then again, I'm also not sure if it would change whether or not I write, cause I love this story.

Anyway, here's an update!

(Noah's POV)

As I stood there waiting for Hunter to walk out of his stall, I realized I wasn't sure what I wanted to say to him. I hadn't really planned anything, I just knew I wanted to talk to him and settle the awkwardness between us. As much as I like him, he's still my best friend. And I miss him.

He slowly walks out the stall and walks so he's a few feet away from me. It's a little awkward, probably since I haven't said anything yet.

"Well? You said you wanted to talk about something."

I nod. "Yes. I just wanted to talk about the other night..." I trail off and Hunter blushes.

I stay silent for a moment as I try to figure out what I want to say. I don't want to tell him I like him, since he probably doesn't like me back, and was teasing me earlier. I also don't want to lose our friendship by making things awkward by letting him know I'm gay. Whilst I'm still thinking, words come out of my mouth that I didn't exactly mean.

"I uh- noticed your shoes the other night. That's what I was looking at. I know it kinda seemed like I was looking at your ass, but I wasn't and I wanted to tell you so nothing was awkward, I'm sorry."

The word jumble just came out of my mouth, and I definitely didn't agree with any of them. It also sounded like a load of bullshit. But this would prevent me from dealing with the awkwardness of him figuring out I'm gay and would keep our friendship.

I finally spare a glance at Hunter, and he's biting down on his lip. It takes all the effort in me not to stare at them, or worse, lick my own lips. He looks like he's deep in thought.

"Alright. I understand, thanks for telling me, man."

It kinda hurts me that he didn't jump to see my lie, but I was also the one that said it. So I guess I deserve this.

"Yeah, no problem." I hold my hand out. "Non-awkwardness again?" I ask, willing him to shake my hand.

He smiles slightly and takes my hand and shakes it firmly. "Non-awkwardness." He smiles again then, but it seems a little forced. I don't put too much thought to it.

~~~

(Hunter's POV)

I'm not quite sure what that was.

I definitely don't think I believe that he was looking at my shoes. But then again, this is also Noah we are talking about. To the outside world, he may seem normal, really cool even. But he's my best friend, and I know him too well to know he isn't necessarily the most normal person.

I didn't want to call him out on his lie, though. For all I know, may be he was looking at my shoes, though it's doubtful. But the small percent that he might have been and that I might make myself look like an idiot, is enough to get me to keep my mouth shut.

~~~

AN: sorry for switching that up hehe. I wanted you guys to see his thoughts on that convo :)

(Noah's POV) (AN: back to him again lol)

Practice is definitely a bitch sometimes.

Don't get me wrong, I love football. I love my team, well most of them. I also love coach like a second dad.

But damn, I also hate it.

For one, all the exercise. I know, I'm a football player, I'm supposed to be in good shape and I should be used to practices by now.

But I'm not.

No matter how long I've been doing football, after practices my back always hurts like hell, my legs burn, and my feet feel like they might fall off. I'm not sure why I'm always in pain, the rest of the guys seem to be fine.

Then there's Hunter.

I think I've had a crush on Hunter since I was about fourteen or fifteen years old. About two and a half years. And yet every single practice, I still don't think I'm used to seeing that boy without a shirt on.

The locker rooms are torture for me. Sure, Hunter is the only guy there I'm attracted to. But that's because most of the other guys either aren't my type, or are just assholes.

It's difficult when after practice every day, we have to change in front of one another. Hunter always changes in the bathroom, but he always takes his shirt off right as he enters the locker room, making it impossible to not see his abs.

Hunter is the type of guy that has great abs. He probably looks like the kinda guy who goes to the gym every week. Not too buff, but definitely not too skinny. Hunter is lean with a good amount of muscle, and let's just say I've never seen a body more hot than his. It's no wonder he gets all the girls.

It hurts me a little at that thought. I don't want him to get all the girls. I want him to have me. I want him to date me. I want him to cuddle me. I want him to laugh with me. I want him to like me.

But the thought that it would never actually happen is what always gets my mood down. Now I'm here, in the boys locker room, almost changed and feeling unbelievably fucking sorry for myself.

I rest my head against the door to my locker as I hear the locker room door shut. I close my eyes as tight as I possibly can to try to get my mind under raps. Everyone must have gone home.

Or at least I thought.

My eyes are still shut when I feel something touch my arm. I jump out of my skin, and I turn around and see Hunter practically losing his breath as he laughs.

"Oh, fuck you, Hunter."

Hunter continues to laugh, though. I roll my eyes and grab my clothes as I walk towards the shower. I turn the water on, and I can feel it running down my backs and my chest. I rest myself against the shower wall and attempt to make myself feel better.

When I get out of the shower, I am surprised to see that Hunter is still in the locker room. He looks up at me and smiles when I give him a confused look.

"I wanted to wait until you were done. Figured that you didn't want to be alone."

I'm not sure why he would think that, but either way he's right. I don't really want to be alone. But I most definitely also don't want Hunter around me while I'm feeling down about him. But if I show something is wrong, he would know. So I just smile at him.

"Yeah, thanks man."

He smiles at me as I walk towards my locker and open it to gather all of my stuff. The tension in the locker room is so thick and uncomfortable, and I dress as fast as possible to get it over with.

"I heard all the guys are hanging out at Evan's tonight. Are you going?"

I sit and ponder for a moment. It doesn't sound like a terrible idea, but some of my teammates tend to be assholes.

"I don't know Hunter-" before I can finish my sentence, he cuts me off.

"Please? I'll be there."

I sigh reluctantly. I wonder if he knows how much I'm wrapped around his finger.

"Fine." I sigh in defeat as Hunter leaps to his feet in excitement.

"Yes! I didn't think you would agree to that."

I smile as I close my locker door and head for the door out of the locker room.

"I'll see you tonight then, Noah."

I turn around and smile at him

"I suppose you will."

I'm not sure if any of you have noticed, but I have changed the cover of this story. I wanted to do it early on that way nothing is confusing, and I really hope you guys like it.

Qotc: What's your favorite songwriter/band?

Aotc: most likely would have to pick Troye Sivan

Bye fellow Wattpadians!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 60.3K 45
"Noah, I won't do it unless you ask me to," he whispered, his voice seductively low. "What?" I asked almost breathless. "Kiss you," he murmured. "And...
157K 14K 34
Noah Riley didn't mean to drown, or did he? But waking up in another boy's hoodie entices him not only to live a little longer but also to solve the...
379K 23.9K 28
In order to help his best friend confess, Mylo agrees to also confess to his so-called crush. Surprisingly, he now finds himself in an unexpected rel...
181K 6.4K 28
Branson Williams, it's his last year in school, and he finds out who his mate is this year. He is openly gay, so he's not surprised when his mate tur...