๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐ž

By ashlyn_arabella

โฅ ๐Œ๐ข๐ง๐ž Elizabeth Carter's later years in life were spent being abused, neglected, and forced to do things... More

โ˜† ๐‚๐š๐ฌ๐ญ โ˜†
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž: ๐๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ฐ๐จ: ๐‰๐ฎ๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ž๐
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐“๐ก๐ซ๐ž๐ž: ๐†๐ฎ๐ง๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ญ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ: ๐’๐š๐ฅ๐ฏ๐š๐ญ๐จ๐ซ๐ž
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐…๐ข๐ฏ๐ž: ๐‚๐จ๐ฅ๐
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ข๐ฑ: ๐‡๐ž๐ฅ๐ฉ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐’๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ง: ๐…๐ฅ๐จ๐ฐ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ
๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐๐ข๐ง๐ž: ๐’๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐จ๐ซ

๐‚๐ก๐š๐ฉ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐„๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ: ๐Œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ

3.8K 111 7
By ashlyn_arabella

"Maybe you should...tell Salvatore instead of Sal." Lillian says as we walk through the garden at Salvatore's.

It really needed some love. Apparently the previous gardener passed away and Salvatore hasn't cared enough to find another. Maybe that's what I can do. I can garden.

"I just don't want him to look at me any more different than he does." I say.

"He doesn't look at you different. You just think so because he knows that much." She says and I sigh.

Is she right? Am I looking to far into things? Am I misreading the way he's been looking at me and the way he interprets things? Maybe I am.

"I want to get wasted." I say and she looks at me with shock.

"Elizabeth Carter, no! You are...your in a vulnerable state right now. You don't actually want to drink. I know you." She says and I sigh.

Is she right about that too?

"Elizabeth! Lillian!" Callum calls from the porch.

Lillian starts cursing him out quietly as we turn and begin our walk back. I raise an eyebrow while giggling quietly.

"Is he still hitting on you?" I ask and she nods with a pout.

"I asked him to stop nicely and now I have to be mean." She says and I giggle.

"Maybe you should give him a chance. I'm sure you'll be happy you did." I say.

"Fine...only if you do one thing." She says.

"Okay." I say.

"Tell Sal or Salvatore...tonight." She says before walking up to Callum.

Tonight...

Oh dear God...

I walk up the steps and Callum looks at me. He smiles as Lillian pauses so he could relay the message I'm sure Salvatore sent him to say.

"Boss wanted you to go to his office. Be careful. He seemed angry." He says in concern and I nod.

I head into the house before pausing. Angry...and he wants me. I run up the stairs and go to my bedroom, looking for them.

"Looking for these?" Salvatore asks and I turn back to see him holding the small baggie of pills.

"Salvatore." I mutter.

"How long have you been using?" He asks.

"Salvatore, give them back." I say.

"Since you got here? That's be two months." He says.

"No. Last month." I mutter.

"Why?" He asks.

"They help me!" I exclaim.

"They help you." He chuckles and shakes his head in disbelief.

"They do!" I defend and he looks at me in disbelief.

"How do they help you?" He asks.

"The nightmares stopped and...and I feel happier. I don't feel so sad anymore. I don't feel like I'm alone." I say and he sighs.

"Angel, you could have talked to me instead of resorting to drugs." He says.

"You'll leave like everyone else does. I'm not going to risk getting close to you for you just to leave." I say.

"Angel...I hate to break it to you, but I'm not going anywhere. You stuck with me for life." He says.

"Sure." I scoff as I look off to the side.

"Elizabeth...why would you go down this road? You saw what it did to your father. Is that what you want to be like?" He asks.

"I have it controlled." I mutter.

"Until what your taking is not enough and you need more...then more. Your father was standing where you were at once thinking the same damn thing before he needed more." He points out and I sigh.

"It's helped me though..." I mumble sadly as I sit down.

"Angel, there are healthier ways to cope. I'll help you. Okay?" He asks.

"Fine." I grumble.

"Is there anymore that I may not know about? I searched the entire room when I found this, but I need to be sure." He says.

"No. That's all of them." I mutter.

"Promise?" He asks.

"I promise. How did you...know?" I ask.

"You weren't being my normal Elizabeth. I knew something was wrong." He admits.

"I'm sorry." I say as I look down, tears welling in my eyes.

"Angel, look at me." He says and I do.

"W-What?" I whisper.

"I'm not mad...maybe a little disappointed, but I'm much happier knowing you don't have anymore. That you aren't taking anymore drugs and that we are going to work on healthy ways to cope. I feel upset though that you felt like you couldn't talk to me." He says as he kneels in front of me.

"I-I didn't want you to look at me any different." I whisper.

"Baby, I could never look at you different. I'm right here, by your side for life. You hear me?" He asks and I nod my head.

"H-How can I make it up to you?" I ask.

"I need you to promise me you'll never ever take drugs again. That is a big no. On top of that...I would like if you try and communicate with me more." He says.

"Okay, I promise. And...I have a deal with Lillian. I'm suppose to talk to you tonight." I said.

"A deal?" He questions with an amused smile.

"She said she'd give Callum a chance if I talked to you. We all know that there is chemistry between them, but she's stubborn. Plus, it's about time I talked to you." I admit and he smiles.

"Look at that baby. You just killed two birds with one stoned. Not literally." He chuckles after seeing my face. I pout.

"My bad. I misinterpreted what you meant." I grumble and he chuckles.

"It's fine, baby. I need to ask you one more serious question." He says and I nod my head.

"Who was giving you the drugs?" He asks.

"Someone who goes to the club frequently. Urm..." I mumble.

"What? Is he more than just a dealer?" He growls and I blush.

"No! Just a dealer. He's hit on me a few times but I put him in his place. Plus the guys have had to tell him to back off a few times. I'm surprised they didn't tell you." I admit.

"Who is it? I'll kill him for flirting with you." He snarls and I smile.

I cup his face between my hands. Our eyes lock and he noticeably calms down.

"Kayden Lynch. That's his name. But, I'd prefer if you wouldn't kill him. I don't like that you do that when someone flirts or something with me." I say.

"He doesn't understand the word no. I don't want him coming near you, baby." He murmurs and I smile.

"I'm okay. I typically make him go sit at a booth to leave me alone." I say.

"Fine. But, I'm talking to him still. And what is the memo of today, baby?" He asks.

"No more drugs." I say and he nods.

"Ever." He says.

"Ever." I repeat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.4K 1.8K 27
Rosa Giovenesi is still not over her mother's passing nearly two years ago. The both of them suffering at the hands of her father, Rosa finally decid...
35.1K 1K 31
***MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY*** Excerpt: "Haven't you ever done something you shouldn't, just because you wanted to?" He's close enough now that I can f...
2.4K 109 26
Bay Carter has gone through thick and thin. She wouldn't have gotten through it without her mother for sure. Her father was there for some of it befo...