Protecting the President's So...

By KirstenMx

[Highest Rank: #1 in Teen Fiction] Luna Prescott is a young special agent and Ace Crawford is the President's... More

1: Goat's Cheese
2: Hormonal Teens and Drugs
3: Like Regina George?
4: Is Lunch a Class?
5: Your virginity?
6: Pretty nugget
7: Yodelling Walmart Kid
8: Herpes and Smoke Weed
9: Spill the Tea
10: My Knight in Shining Armour
11: Slide into His DMs
12: Keep it PG
13: He Bruises Like a Peach
14: Chicken Tender?
15: Buzz Buzz Bitch
16: Sniffing My Bag
17: Birdy Boo Boo
18: Big Plastic Balloons
19: Mr. Snuggles
20: A Kid With An Attractive Moustache
21: No More Pop Tarts
22: Fakeness Isn't Natural
23: What a Wiener
24: As in The Nemo Character?
25: Done the Deed
26: No Attachments
27: Geronimo!
28: You Little Pig
29: Pinapple Haired Baby
30: Macenth?
31: That's How You Eat A Pineapple
32: So Damn Extra
33: 20 Chicken McNuggets
34: Pun Intended
35: Give It A Rest
36: Just One Thing
37: He Threw Me Down The Stairs
38: Peace Out, Dawg
39: Hit it, Lesley
40: Safety First Kids
41: Your Date Is Here
42: Dramatic Much?
43: Bitch Better Have My Money
44: I'm Sorry
45: Ape Shit
46: Why Won't You Let Me In?
47: Official
48: Jayden Carol Crawford
49: Game On, Loser
50: Deeper Than The Mariana Trench
51: Follow The Rules
52: Lover's Lane
53: Shoot.
54: Baby Daddy?
55: 'She Doesn't Love You'
57: I Can't Do This
58: My Dumbass
59: I've Got A Bone
60: Was He Crying?
61: They're Probably Dead
62: Like A King
63: Slow Down
64: This Is Your Fault
65: You Know I Can't
66: Just Don't Trust Anyone
67: Fuck The Agency
68: Are You Ready?
69: Time's Up
Final A/N
SEQUEL IS UP

56: Detach Yourself

74.9K 3.2K 921
By KirstenMx

A/N: sooo do you guys like the new trailer or the old one? Also, thanks Kadijah Foggi for the amazing cover i'm so in love with it 😍 //read a/n at the end\\

Chapter 56: Detach Yourself

Luna's POV

It was just like how we began this mission. Us laughing as we were right now. When things were much simpler.

"Okay ladies, lets go shopping!" Noah spoke is a falsetto voice while looping both his arms through ours.

I laughed as he basically dragged us along while he skipped, "Wait guys, I don't even know what I'm meant to wear, is there like a theme? Dress code? Matching? Oh god, I have no idea."

"Calm down Lulu," Raven stopped us, "I've got it all sorted."

"If you have it all sorted why didn't you enter yourself into the contest instead of me!" I exclaimed.

"And stand in-front of all those people? Hell no." Raven shook her head.

I humphed, "What am I even meant to do?"

"The contest is simple, before the event starts you go to a meeting with the judges to discuss why you should win it, then the even begins and everyone arrives with their accomplices-"

I looked warily at her at this point.

"-and every contestant will give a speech about anything that is quote on quote 'inspiring' after that all the contestants do their dance with their accomplices then the after party begins where the judges announce the winner."

"So a competition to see who is the prettiest and has the greatest will, Yeah...nope I'm not going." I turned around to leave but she grabbed my arm and hauled me back.

"No Lu please, Bee is organising it and she really wants at least one of us to go." Raven pleaded.

"Why can't Harley do it then?" I protested.

"Because Harley did it last year and you can't compete again, well unless your name begins with 'Hayley' and ends with 'Turns'."

"Hayley's doing it?"

"She always does, and plus they have dance rehearsals for the pageant tomorrow so you can work out whatever is going wrong with you and Ace."

"I-I-" I looked at Noah for help but he just shrugged, "Fine, but if someone gets punched in the face don't blame me."

Raven clapped her hands and dragged us to the nearest store.

"I don't have a clue what colour I'm even going to wear." I trudged along the racks of fancy dresses and suits.

"Red, it's your favourite colour." Raven and Noah answered both at the same time.

"This is why I don't go shopping alone." I smiled at them.

"You don't go shopping alone because you don't do it voluntarily so we make you come." Raven said in a matter of fact tone as she took out a dress and scanned it.

"Actually no, I went to that one time to get more milk." I tried to redeem myself.

Definitely didn't.

Raven and Noah stopped going through the clothes to give me a look that sounded like the 'why you always lyin' vine.

"What I did!" I lied, "Okay so maybe I didn't."

I shrugged while they tutted me, and turning back to the dresses on the rack, scanning each one in turn. I looked up for one second and something caught my eye, it was the perfect dress. Just the right scarlet shade, it was an A- Line Asymmetrical Princess Organza dress.

"Guys, Look..." I pointed to the dress that featured right on the window display, "It's perfect."

"Whoa, How did you know he was here?" Noah asked while looking in the direction of the dress.

"What?" My brows furrowed in confusion.

"Its Ace." Raven tilted my head back to the direction of dress.

My eyes refocused from the dress to what was behind it. Ace and his mom were walking together surrounded by men and women dressed in smart black suits with earpieces. And guess what my first reaction was... ducking underneath the clothes rack.

Ace's POV:

I was walking with my mom and a couple bodyguards down the mall when a sudden commotion happened in the corner of my eye.

I stopped to see a clothes rack shaking with Noah and Raven close to it. Raven sheepishly waved at me which I returned.

What the hell is going on?

"Is everything okay?" My mom tapped my shoulder.

"Yeah," I said while pointing to the store which Noah and Raven were in, "Should we try in there?"

"Of course sweetheart." My mom and the rest of the bodyguards followed me to the entrance of the shop.

"I still don't understand why you didn't want a designer to make your suit." She carried on as we entered the shop.

"It just seems a little over the top, I mean it is just a Beauty Paegent." I shrugged.

"Which just so happens the President, your father, and you are going to and which I am hosting."

"I have no one to impress well except for-" I stopped when I heard whisper shouting between Raven and someone hiding behind a mannequin.

"Stop being a pussy and just go pay for the dress!" Raven placed her hands on her hips while shaking her head.

"I'll do it later! I'm not done looking for..uh..anklets? Yeah anklets." A recognisable voice argued back.

"Why would you need an anklet? They don't even sell anklets here!" Raven pulled on an outstretched hand that soon revealed the most beautiful person I know.

"Cupcake." I spoke when I saw her.

She stood there, looking as magnificent as ever holding a striking red dress which I knew she would look glorious in.

"Oh look it's Luna!" My mom waved excitedly at her, "I love her dress."

"Red," I smiled, "It's her favourite colour."

"Let's go say hi." My mom lead us towards the two of them.

My eyes locked with hers. Not once, while I walked over to her, did she look away from me. I wanted to take in every single detail of her, I didn't get to see her once today. I needed a reminder of how angelic she is.

"Hello, Luna and Raven." My mom greeted as we approached them.

"Hey, Mrs. Crawford," They both said at the same time.

"That's a lovely dress you have there, Luna, for the pageant I presume?"

"Yes actually," Cupcake flashed her sweet smile, "listen, I would love to stay and talk but I have a lot to do this afternoon..."

Weird. She's acting weird.

"Oh of course darling, have fun and i'll see you this weekend." My mom winked as they walked away.

I snuck a quick glance behind me to see them quickly paying for the dress and meeting Noah outside the store.

"Actually you know what mom, I think I will get someone to design my suit." I turned back around to see her looking at the racks of clothes.

"Thank goodness, I didn't think I would find anything here anyway," She made a face, "But why the sudden change of heart?"

"Same reason as you, I wouldn't have been able to find something."

I lied. I wanted to look my best for her.

Luna's POV:

"Okay, that was too much work for my liking." I sighed as we walked to another shop.

"Luna you're a spy, that was barely anything," Noah rolled his eyes, "You're just too scared to admit that you don't like what you have to do."

"What?!" I over exaggerated the word, "Why would I be scared?"

"Because then you could lose your job." Raven said.

"Well what's so bad about that anyway, I'm tired of being fake all the time," I stopped and they stopped with me, "The one time I get something real...I'm not allowed to have it."

They both looked at me sympathetically, "You know we love you no matter what okay? And we know that if you want something, you will get it. But as always, it takes time."

"I don't have time, we're leaving soon and I can't do anything about it."

It actually hit me right there and then. In a few weeks, I wouldn't be here anymore. I won't be going to Westside High, I won't be on the bleachers watching the football games, I won't be going to Chippy's in the morning, I won't be able to laugh at Dean's stupid jokes or Bee trying to stop him, I won't be mixing up the twins or laughing at Harley when they pull pranks on her, I won't be able to help Lucas with his parents and I won't be able to stop Hayley. Most importantly, I won't be able to see his face everyday at school or at the events he takes me to.

In that moment, I wanted to drop onto the floor and cry my heart out. I wanted to stay so much but I couldn't, and it's my fault. I should've listened when they said no attachments. For the first time in my life, I knew I failed.

"Hey, Lulu," Raven hugged me, "It'll all work out in the end. I promise."

"You promised," I mustered a laugh, "I'm gonna hold that against you now."

"Cheer up buttercup," Noah swung his arm around my shoulders, "We'll find you the best pair of heels and you'll be happy. Girls like heels right?"

"Yeah," Raven answered for me, "To stab you in the eye with."

"Ouchie." Noah placed a hand on his heart.

Thank goodness, I'll still have these two.

***

We got home after a whole lot of shopping and I was so tired but alas, the day wasn't done with me yet.

I checked my phone to see 2 unread messages.

👽: i don't mean to rush but have you got any new info on my real parents yet?
🌙: oh crap i totally forgot
🌙: sorry i'll try and find something soon xx
👽: ok...thanks?

Great, I'll need to set a reminder for that.

🔥: hey...are you okay? you seemed a little off @ the mall

"I think it's time to, you know...detach yourself."

Commander Ryder's words echoed clearly through my head. It didn't matter how badly I didn't want to send the text or how much I wanted to see him, it's my job and I have to follow orders.

🌙: oh so now you want to talk.

I could hardly bring myself to press send.

"Come on, Lu," Raven's voice made me look up from my phone, "Dinner's ready."

"Great," I smiled, switched off my phone and followed her into the kitchen.

***

I could feel myself sweating under my blanket. It was getting hot, really hot. It was getting hard to breathe too.

I lifted the blanket off my body with my eyes still closed, trying to fall back asleep but I quickly retracted my hand when I felt a burning sensation.

I bolted up with my eyes wide open. It was everywhere. Fire. The roaring orange flames licked up the walls of my bedroom, burning everything in it's path. I was frozen in shock, sitting upright in my bed, watching the flames take over my room.

Then my adrenaline kicked in, I jumped right out of my bed. I grabbed a bandana to use as a mask and my phone too, I reached for the metal door handle to get out, burning my hand in the process.

"Noah!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, "Raven!"

I sprinted down the corridor, dodging flames as best as I could while narrowly missing planks of wood falling from the ceiling. I screamed as I burned my hand once again on his handle but his door wouldn't budge. Locked. Dammit Noah.

I pounded on the door, begging for either of them to wake up. It couldn't wait, I kicked the door until it fell down.

"Luna, what the hell?" Noah woke up.

"Get up! We need to get out there's a fire!" I yelled pulling them both up.

They were both in a dazed state while I practically dragged them.

"Listen to me! This is real and I need you both to wake up and use your heads because we might die in here!" I attempted to shake them out of it.

It was like a lightbulb switching on in their heads, they immediately jumped into action mode and followed me. Staying close to the ground, we had to find a way out of here.

We kept our heads down, trying to to get hit by the wood falling from the roof while trying tot get to the stairs. But there was no point. Once we had reached the stairs, barely any of the top half remained and the rest had already been burned or broken.

"What are we meant to do?" I coughed out.

"Get back to Noah's room and use the window!" Raven pointed to the closest door to use.

We got back as quick as we could, we quickly stripped off his bed sheets and curtains, tying them altogether and trying to be faster than the fire at the same time. I tied our makeshift rope to Noah's window sill and handed the edge to Raven.

"Go quickly and now." I said.

No questions asked, she did as I told her to, know I wouldn't change my mind. Once she safely reached the bottom, I gave a bit of rope to Noah.

"Hurry."

"I swear if you're not down there straight after me, I will send you to hell." Noah assured me as he went down.

I looked back at his room, the fire had reached half of it and continued to spread. I watched as Noah got to the bottom and start to climb down.

I just past halfway down when I felt the rope loosen a little. I looked up and saw the flames visible from the window, the rope was burning off. I began to climb down quicker but not quick enough because I felt the rope completely rip off. Then I felt nothing. Everything was black.

***
A/N: okay there is literally no excuse for me not updating. the truth is that i didn't feel the need to write. over the months i've been looking at the chapters i post and i see that less and less people are reading my book and i feel like if no one wants to read it then i shouldn't be posting it.

but this year my resolutions was to do things i love and i love writing, so i'm going to try my best and keep this story going but baring in mind that my only free day is friday so it may be slow...

thank you for all of you who kept reading and are still here reading today. i mean this so much when i say i appreciate you so much and i love you all <3 i am so sorry that i kept you in the dark like that but now it's a new year. we're gonna do this right.

- Kirsten xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.9K 3.9K 38
Change is an inescapable process, soon everything changes. This varies from weather patterns, people's thoughts and livelihoods. Precious moments th...
Ask Amy ✔ By Tahlie

Mystery / Thriller

4.9M 426K 64
BLACK MIRROR meets PRETTY LITTLE LIARS in this multimedia thriller where an anonymous advice website gets hacked and the dark origins of the site sta...
44.9K 3.4K 30
Arhan khan An engineer by profession but work as the ceo of India's biggest company. Everyone fears him as he has the worst temper . His life change...
753K 24.2K 68
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...