The Power Within

By All_of_My_H8

A young Saiyan from one universe travels to another universe to find her son. Hoping he'd be the strongest on... More

An Arranged Marriage
Honeymoon Suprise
Honeymoon Suprise pt. 2
Loving you
Son of a Saiyan
Enter Ice
The Alliance
Fitting in
I'm Sorry
Doppelgänger
Doppelgänger Pt. 2
Liar
My Dearest Layla
3 and a Half Kryptonians
New Beginnings
Kryptonite
Offspring
I Love You
Mariposa
Somethings Coming
I Messed Up
Should I or Shouldn't I
Trance
What a Long Day
The Gang is All Here
Promise
A New Foe?
War
War pt. 2
War pt. 3
The Super Saiyan
Goodbye
Hope
The Son
Fucked Up
Oozaru
Reunion
The Fortress
Celebration/Victory Party
5 Years Later
A/N

Lessons

238 13 3
By All_of_My_H8

"War." Was all I said for the entire DEO to stop what there doing and look my way. The whole place was silent. "A war is what we're preparing for."

Lena's eyes widened.

"We need to train. And by train I mean blood, sweat and tires. And some more blood, sweat and tears."

"So what about your son? Your just gonna stop looking for him. I thought he was your main priority." Winn said. Still not convinced that something was coming. He's still looking around for any signs of an invasion.

My heart hurts knowing that my search for my son will be put on hold. "He is my main priority. So is protecting Lena. But none of that is gonna matter if we're all dead." I said. And again the whole place went silent. The whispers of some of the agents silenced.

My heart was pounding. I was scared, I don't think I can beat this. I've never felt energy this big. I've never felt Ice's energy so I cant even compare what I'm up against. Usually I'd be excited about a strong opponent but my son is out and I don't want to die without seeing him again. So I have to train extra hard.

"Well now that all that is said. I've been working on something. Follow me." Anderson said.

I followed, along with Ruby and the others behind me. I followed him to a huge room.

"So Zen remember those gravity cells we were in when we first got here?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Well. Say hello to the gravity chamber."

"What?! No way." I was excited. Maybe we do have a chance.

"Your excited aren't you?" He asked look me in the eye.

I put my arm around his shoulders and gave him a high five. "Hell Yeah! This could work. We might actually have a chance at beating this." I turned to everyone. Mom-el, James and M'gann were now here, Alex filled them in on what's going on. "Ok so we're all here. Training is everything. Get yourselves ready. Anyone who wants to train with me stand over here." Anderson, Ruby and Mon-el stepped forward. "Alright! Recruits. Ready to train like there is no tomorrow?"

The three nodded.

"Good. Cause if we don't there's literally going to be no tomorrow." I exhaled. "Kara and the rest of you. Push yourselves to the max."

Kara gave a reassuring nod. The rest followed after.

"Great. Ok we have a week. Go and train your hardest." I said looking all the others. They all go there separate ways. Except for Kara. She's standing down the hall with Lena by her side.

"Ok. Anderson what are we looking at here. How high does this chamber go?" I asked looking at the sliding door. There was no door handles so there must be a palm scan or something. Totally cool.

"This baby can reach up to 300 times Earths gravity."

"Oh Shit." I was blown away. The gravity cells we we're in only reached 10 times gravity.

"What exactly does that mean?" Ruby said looking a little scared and excited all at the same time.

"It means that once we walk through those doors, the old us is gone. Were gonna be a whole lot stronger when we walk out. I need to know that the two of you won't quit on me." I said looking at both Ruby and Mon-el.

"How hard can it be." Monny said looking past me and towards the doors.

"Oh honey." I paused and took a step closer. My arms crossed over my chest and I looked him in the eye. "I'm gonna have you wishing you were never born." I gave a sinister smile. He looked me in the eye and his demeanor changed. He was now nervous.

"I'm in." I heard to my right. "I'm gonna be honest, I'm a little terrified but I'm ready." Ruby was ready. I can feel it.

"You know, the more you get stronger the more I'm starting to think your not all Kryptonian." The more I train with her the more I can see. She's like me. She gets excited for training and each time we do, her power level increases. Maybe somewhere deep down she dose have some Saiyan in her. I focus on her energy to see if I can feel any little sign of Saiyan.    

"Oh and another thing." Anderson said braking me away from my energy search. "I have something for us. Weighted clothes." He smiled.

"Damn. Anderson. You came up with all this? What happened to all the computer stuff?" I was so impressed with what he's been up to. A gravity chamber and weighted clothes. This is so cool.

"Well I tried it and found out it wasn't for me. Mainly because I couldn't stop thinking about the gravity cells and how we could use it to our advantage. And I came up with this." he pointed to the chamber. "Then I thought of the weighted clothes. Something we can use durning training and after." He was proud of his work and he should be, he's created something that would help us get stronger faster. He took something negative like a prison cell and turned it into a positive.

"I can't take all the credit. The D.E.O did make the gravity cell. I just amped the gravity a little. But I did came up with the weighted clothes." He smiled.

"I'm proud of you Anderson."

"Thank you My Queen."

After we all put our weighted clothes on, it was time to train. Lena agreed to monitor us from outside the chamber. Who knows what kind of damage the difference in gravity will have on the human body.

"Ok guys so I calculated 4 days of hard core training and 3 days of rest. Monny and Anderson will start in the chamber and Ruby and I will follow Kara for flying lessons."

Ruby decided to ride on Aunt Kara's back. I followed Kara to the D.E.O's desert location. Open land, no one for miles, except for the agents. This was perfect.

———————————

"Say hello to the gravity chamber." Anderson said.

Kara leaned against the wall a little ways down the hall, just listening to the others. Lena stood next to her, Kara watched Lena as she began to drift off in deep thought. Kara noticed a slight increase in Lena's heartbeat. The blonde looked around then took Lena's hand in hers, "Lena? Are you ok?"

Lena took a deep breath and looked right into blue orbs. "I don't say this often but I'm terrified. I don't know how to explain it." She got a really bad feeling about this. Whatever this war may bring, she felt death was one.

"Hey it will be ok. We'll make it through this." The blonde said as she brought Lena's hand to her lips.

Kara's not one for a lot of PDA, especially at the DEO. Kara Danvers is marrying Lena not Supergirl. So PDA, here, as Supergirl, is never a good idea. But she felt Lena really needed to be comforted. Kara wants to reassure her even more, to hold her tight and tell her everything will be ok. But she can't. At least not right this second.

"This baby can reach up to 300 times earths gravity."

Kara's focus on Lena was interrupted. 300 times gravity. Rao! Who are these saiyans? Kara thought to herself.

After a few minutes of the Saiyans talking both Zen and Anderson walked over to Kara and Lena. They asked the CEO if she would monitor them while they trained and she agreed. After that the boys walked into the chamber to begin their training. Zen and Ruby made there way back towards Kara.

"Alright kid. Ready to fly?" Zen asked.

"I'm so excited." Ruby said with a big smile.

Kara wasn't sure how she felt about it. She's nervous but at the same time excited. Maybe having another Kryptonian around won't be such a bad idea.

"Kara I'm sure you know of a place around here where she can learn to fly." Zen asked.

Kara nodded and told them to follow her.

"We'll get there faster if we fly." Zen said.

"Ooo. I want to ride on Aunt Kara's back." Ruby said enthusiastically.

"Is that ok with you Kara?" Zen asked.

Kara smiled from ear to ear. "Of course it's ok."

She's glad Ruby feels so comfortable around her. Enough to call her Aunt. Kara turned her attention to Lena. "I'll be back." She said before planting a little kiss on her brunette's cheek.

Lena gave the tiniest smile before turning around and walking towards the chamber. Kara brows frowned at how weird Lena's behavior is. Kara made a note in her head to sit and talk to Lena. Something doesn't seem right.

The DEO's desert location, perfect place for flying. Hank had already warned the agents about us heading over for training, so there won't be any interruptions.

Zen and Ruby both started stretching. Kara felt a little out of place. She's never had to stretch before anything. 5 minutes of stretching later and the two were ready. Ruby stood in front of the blonde with an eager smile. Zen stood of to the side to watch.

Well here goes. "Ok. First let's...um. Well maybe if... How about we try..." Kara couldn't figure out a way to start. Or even manage an actual sentence.

Zen scoffed, not in a bad way, "you've never done this before. Have you?" She asked with a smile.

"Can't say that I have." Kara smiled nervously. "I mean, I've taught Mon-el a thing or two. He can't fly but I've taught him a little on how to fight but I've never taught anyone how to fly. To be honest, I don't even know how I do it. I just do." Kara started to ramble on. "How would you do it?"

Zen looked at Ruby. The kid shuffled a bit to stand right in front of the Saiyan. They both bowed to each other out of respect. No one moved after that.

"Atten-tion!" Zen became a drill Sargent. Kara was startled by the unexpected loudness.

"Rao." She whispered.

Ruby stood up straight and the smile she had was replaced by a serious face.

"Pop quiz! Where dose energy come from?" Zen asked.

"From the pit of your stomach ma'am!" Ruby answered.

"Good." Zen started circling Ruby. "How dose one...obtain energy? So to speak."

"From training hard and controlling ones emotions. Ma'am."

"That's right. And are there any bad emotions?"

"No ma'am. It's just a matter of controlling them ma'am."

Zen gave a small smile and stopped in front of her again. "That's right. At ease recruit."

Ruby smiled and relaxed.

"Ok so energy comes from the center of your belly. Can you feel it?"

"Sometimes." Ruby said.

Kara thought about it for a bit. She's never thought about power and energy like that. She focused on where she got her powers from. The sun yes, but is there more to it then that?

"Concentrate. Close your eyes and concentrate. Breath in and out. Fell the energy from your belly flow throughout your body and your muscles, feel it pulsate."

Kara found herself following Zen's instructions. She tried to feel for this energy. Her energy. To her surprise she did feel something. Something was happening to her stomach. It was getting bigger and bigger. Could this be the energy Zen was talking about?

Well...something definitely happened. Kara felt the heat rushing to her cheeks, her stomach had roared like a lion. She opened her eyes hoping no one heard the empty pit of her stomach. She looked at the two, Zen's eyes were closed and she also had a red tint on her cheeks. Ruby was trying to hold in her laughter. Zen's stomach had also roared.

As if on cue a black SUV drove down the dirt road. Two agents got out of the car with about 10 boxes of pizza and a big bag full of burgers. Kara's face lit up, she was so hungry.

"Always a pleasure Supergirl." An agent said after putting the pizzas and burgers down on a boulder that was chilling in the ground off to the side.

"Agent Danvers called us. She left you this note." He said. The other agent returned to the car and pulled out a case of water and set it by the food.

It's lunch time and I don't know how long flying will take. So you guys enjoy your lunch.
Good luck.
- Alex

Kara smiled and inhaled deeply. The sent of food tickled her nose causing her stomach roar again.

"Thank you Alex." She whispered. She opened her eyes and saw Zen and Ruby already digging in. Not wanting to miss out, she hurried over before the Saiyan and the halfling eat all the food.

Zen sat crisscrossed on the ground. She put her hands together and closed her eyes. "Thank you earth animals for your sacrifice." After that she stuffed her face with burgers.

Ruby has a slice of pizza in one hand and a burger in the other. Kara smiled as she realized that her "super" family was growing. Even though the whole Zen and Lena thing was still a kink in her and Zen's friendship.

Zenara's PoV

After lunch was devoured it was time to fly. Ruby and I stretched again but only for a few minutes.

"Ok kid. Now. Concentrate. Move the energy from your belly to your feet. Put it under you." I can feel her energy move to her feet but it wasn't enough.

"Push harder."

I can see Kara's curiosity out of the corner of my eye. Maybe Kryptonians do just 'do it' and fly. I don't know. Ruby was almost there. You can see the dirt starting to move away from her the more she pushed the energy under her feet. Come on kid, you got it. 

About a minute later she started hovering 5 feet off the ground. I was proud of her.

"Look at you Ruby. Your doing it." Kara was excited. Clapping her hands and bouncing up and down with the biggest smile on her face.

Ruby landed on the ground with a thud. Stumbling to her feet. Once she straightened herself out she looked at us with the biggest smile I've ever seen.

"Good job kid." I said ruffling her hair. I was so proud of her. Did I just ruffle her hair? It hit me like a punch to the gut. I'm turning into my brothers. I stepped away from her to let Kara praise her.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. A stray tear rolled off my cheek. Gods I miss my brother. But I can't think of that right now. If I want to see my family again I need to get stronger and beat whatever is coming.

"Don't you think so Zenara?" Kara's voice derailed my train of thought.

"Huh."

"You ok? Your eyes are a little red." Kara asked.

"Yeah I'm ok. Just have something in my eyes. Dirt. Yeah. That's what it is." I left it at that and Kara didn't push any farther. I know she was concerned, Ruby even looked at me funny. I shook it off and tossed Ruby and Kara a water bottle.

"Alright. It's still early in the day so let's try it again. This time I want you to go higher."

"Ok. I got this. How high do you want me to go?" Ruby asked.

"As high as I am. But you'll have to feel for my energy." I undid Layla's scarf, letting my tail free.
I blindfolded her and hovered 25 feet off the ground. Kara joined me. "Ok kid let's see it."

By sunset the blindfold came off and Ruby was flying circles around us. Flying high speeds and racing both of us. She was a natural. Born to be a warrior.

"Ok kid it's getting late. Where does your mom think you are?" I asked drinking the last of my water.

"I told her the truth. I'm hanging out with you."

"Ok cool. Well now that your in the air I can start training." I said flexing my arms, dying to get stronger.

"I'll go with you." Ruby said enthusiastically.

"Absolutely not." I said.

"Awe. Why not?" She asked, looking from me to Kara. As if Kara was gonna back her up somehow.

"It's a school night." I simply said.

She huffed, upset she's missing out on time to become stronger. "But school isn't gonna help me kick some ass."

I raised a brow.

"I really want to help out." Ruby said with a little pout.

"And you will, by going to school everyday and pretending everything is normal. Then after school I'll wait for you so we can train."

"Ok fine." Ruby said crossing her arms.

"Let's get you home kid." I said as I wiped some dirt off her forehead.

"I'll take her." I heard behind me.

Kara stood there with a smile on her face. I knodded in response. "I'll see you tomorrow after school." I thought about it for a second, "and after homework."

"Yes ma'am." She said with a small smile and an eye roll.

"Tell your mom I said 'hi'."

"Bye Zen." The kid said then they were off. 

"Good night kid."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 73 13
A Mobile Legends Heroes x Male Reader x Dragon ball crossover story. There is a boy named Y/n L/n who was summoned on the Land of Dawn by the two Sup...
2K 106 9
What if the Multiverse was not formed by 12 universes, but of Nine Realms that each one of them was an entire macrocosm? What if Zeno wasn't the re...
73.5K 1.2K 18
mostly supergirl imagines + other imagines including other characters played by the female supergirl cast (requests open) [xfem] ___ characters & c...
6.8K 173 10
Y/n is just your average human boy, only being 5 years old. Oh, did I say average? I meant anything but. He is the first student of Son Goku, who cam...