Oakleaf Academy For Boys

By Pixie022

Treat them like prisoners and they'll behave like prisoners. Oakleaf Academy was a prison. No matter how you... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
profile

thirty one

67.6K 4.2K 3K
By Pixie022

"You know what I miss the most in here?" Benji sighed sadly as he pushed his food around his plate.

"What?" Lucky barely looked up from his tray as he replied to his friend.

"Music." Benji said solemnly. "I haven't heard it in months."

Lucky scoffed. "You clearly haven't been in the showers at four o'clock before. There's a guy who sings nothing but High School Musical songs in there, every single day at the exact same time."

Benji cracked a smile before examining the blue haired boy carefully, gaze lingering on Lucky's fresh bruises. "When are you gonna tell me what happened?" Benji pouted.

"It's not important." Lucky shrugged.

"It is important, Felix." He argued. "You're hurt."

"You've got enough to worry about, Pup. I'm fine. If I have a problem with someone, Seb will sort it. But I don't."

"Why does this always happen when people get into relationships?" Benji complained. "They don't rely on their friends anymore. Only their boyfriends."

Lucky laughed in amusement. "Because you can't throw a punch."

"I can!" Benji shot back. "I'll probably miss, but that's not the point."

Lucky scoffed and shook his head mockingly. "What've you got after lunch?"

"Nothing. Free periods for the rest of the day." Benji grinned. "Diesel's helping me at the library. It's almost finished, I think I'm finally gonna open it tomorrow."

"Wow. I gotta say, you've surprised me. That place looks great."

"Thanks." Benji responded happily just as the bell began to ring above them. "I'll see you later."

Lucky didn't say anything. He just laughed at Benji's eagerness to see Diesel.

Elias was already at the library when Benji arrived, sitting cross legged on the table, a book open in his lap. Benji never thought he would describe the most feared boy in school as 'cute', but it was the only word that sprung to mind in that moment. Elias' brows were furrowed with concentration, his lips parted, his strikingly beautiful eyes scanning the dusty pages. He glanced up when the other boy arrived and cocked his head to the side. "Don't look at me like that."

Benji laughed and lowered his eyes to the floor, dropping his backpack on the desk. "Like what?"

"With...I don't know, endearment."

"Endearment?" Benji chuckled.

"Yes. I'm not endearing." Elias hopped off the table and approached the smaller boy, pecking him on the forehead before retreating to the nearest bookcase and shoving his book into the shelf.

"That doesn't go there!" Benji protested. "Look at the letters." He pointed out. "It's in alphabetical order."

Elias rolled his eyes jokingly, "So, where does this one go?"

"It's by Jane Austen, so you have to put it in the 'A' section." He hooked his fingers through Elias' and dragged him to the other side of the library before slipping the book into its correct place.

"Alright, I'm sorry."

Benji was about to make a remark about how Elias never apologised for anything, but quickly found himself wrapped up in the taller boy's arms. His face was buried into his chest, his body caged in. "What're you doing?" He laughed, wrapping his own slender arms around Elias' broad shoulders.

"Hugging you." He said simply. "Is that allowed?"

It wasn't sexual, not in the slightest. It wasn't even a real physical sign of affection, like kissing. It was somehow better. It felt safe and warm and comfortable. If someone was watching them from afar, they might not even make the assumption that the two boys were romantically involved. It was just a hug. And it was amazing.

"Are you ready to finally open this place?" Elias asked once they had pulled away.

"Yeah." Benji sighed. "And no."

"Why?"

"What if people take it as a joke? They're gonna think I'm such a nerd-"

"So? Nerds are cute."

Benji's cheeks warmed as he quickly turned around and began busying himself by organising a perfectly organised shelf. "I didn't take you for a Jane Austen fan."

"The rest of the books in here are utter shite." Elias said bluntly, hopping back onto the table and laying flat on his back, glancing up at the ceiling blankly.

"They're not that bad." Benji reasoned.

"Half of them are cooking books. There's about a hundred copies of the bible, and the rest are just the cheapest ones Oakleaf could afford. The only decent books are the classics."

Benji couldn't argue with that statement as he wandered along the shelf, his finger caressing the spines of forgotten stories. "Eli, can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"What did you do to end up here?" He questioned tenderly. It was something he had been itching to know since the very first time he set eyes on Elias. He wasn't sure when the right time to ask was, and maybe it wasn't right now, and maybe it was never. But he just had to know.

"Nothing."

"I get it if you don't want to tell me-"

"I am telling you." He said simply. "I did nothing."

"I...I don't get it."

Elias sighed and shuffled into a sitting position, watching Benji from the other side of the room. The library somehow made silence louder than noise. It was eerily haunting. "I shouldn't be here."

"Eli, whatever you did, I'm not gonna judge you. I know you're not-"

"You're already judging me, Pup." He said softly. He sounded hurt more than he did angry. "I'm telling you I didn't do anything; if you decide not to believe me, you decide to judge me."

"E-Elias, I swear, I'm not." Benji assured him shakily. "I just... How can you be here if you didn't do anything? If you're innocent, how can you be so...?"

"So, what?"

"So...you know-"

"So, what, Benji?" He snapped. Benji flinched and quickly shielded his body with his hands, as if he was scared to be hit. Guilt flooded Elias' system, but he didn't let it halt his emotions. "I'm not a bad guy. This place turned me into a bad guy."

"Okay, and I believe you. But how-?"

"You send an innocent person to prison and eventually they're gonna become guilty."

Benji nodded slowly. His mind clouded and thoughts darkened. Something had triggered a response in his mind and trembles of horror began to ripple through his body. "I-I'm sorry." He whispered.

Elias watched Benji with concern and reached out to touch him. The second Benji flinched, alarm bells started ringing through his head. He had triggered him. It was his fault.

It was his fault.

"Shit. Benji, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you." He promised gently. "Are you okay?"

Benji nodded and blinked away the tears in his eyes, "I'm okay."

"Can I touch you?"

"Y-Yeah. Please."

As soon as he had his permission, he wrapped his arms around the trembling Pup and held him close enough to feel their hearts beating as one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 137 14
Jack changes schools in the middle of the year and begins his time at Oakwood, a boarding school. He knows he's not going to be there for long so he...
3.4K 185 19
A fracture in his facade. Alystair Satori built walls so high he created an unescapable prison for himself. Cold and indifferent was what he was not...
337K 10.1K 12
Donnie, the sought after jock who had it all, and Derek, the alluring bad boy who seemed to be going nowhere fast. An unlikely, and, well, unfriendly...
104K 5.9K 32
Lafayette was the school's only out kid. Then Eden came along. Fay was all confidence, known for his flawless acting and effeminate clothing. He didn...