Love At First Night

Od ekelemeN

This a short story romance book One would ever wonder if it was possible to fall in love in one night, but if... Více

I
II
IV
EPILOUGE

III

133 20 8
Od ekelemeN

Wait, don’t just sit down
Here’s your drink, come and dance now
Well, I’ve been watching you
From way across the room
I like the way your body moves
You don’t need anyone
To tell you that you’re done
You know just what you wanna do'.
        - mating ritual, I wear glasses.

####

Santiago was yet to approach Melissa, he could only watch as she had fun dancing on the floor, he needed a miracle to get to her.

He wondered what was wrong with him, he was able to face men and women with a fierceness, but approaching her wrongly could damage everything for him, was that why he acted like a wuss.

Santiago doubted that was it, he couldn't label himself as a pussy.

He monitored her, Yes, she was beautiful, stunning.  She definitely wasn't an easy target, she was the first woman to make him sweat, and filled with confusion, she made him calculative, he should have done more work on Melissa before the party had commenced fully, instead he had let his dick make a decision for him in a haste of thinking he could easily achieve what his father wanted.

He watched his sister dance with so much Merry with her best friend Rafael, Santiago wondered if she noticed how much Rafael liked her, he truly loved her.

He didn't want to ever be in that kind of position, to be in his shoes that is would be horrible, hiding your truest feelings because you're scared if the other wouldn't feel the same way, one word could easily end their friendship, and Rafael knew what he was doing. Santiago was sure if it, it's best to have something than to lose everything.

Rafael was suffering enough, it made him weak, Isabella had turned him into a soft man, she was good at that.

His eyes watched them closely, they appeared more of a couple than friends, Santiago hoped Isabella would come to see that one day when it wasn't too late.

"Hey handsome, what are you doing here all by yourself?", Courtney purred, the smell of alcohol hit Santiago's nostrils driving him insane.

He took two steps away from her, it only failed to keep Courtney far from him, as she covered up the space he left between them.

"Care for a dance?", came the sweet velvety voice behind his ears, he turned and shock was written all over his face.

He couldn't believe it.

Melissa had come to his rescue thought Santiago, Mel herself couldn't tell where her boldness had risen from at the moment.

She didn't care.

She was happy that that bitch wouldn't get what she wanted this night though, it wasn't much of a blow that she had hoped to give for letting her ruin her dress tonight, but if it was Santiago she was getting, it was a good enough goal.

And she would keep Courtney's unclean claws from reaching him.

Santiago took Mel's outstretched hands and followed her to the dance floor where the start of a slow music played off.

"Shall we?" Mel asked, offering her hand again, as they positioned themselves to dance in a slow mode.

Santiago simply nodded and held unto her closely.

Once again, he had failed in manners, he couldn't tell her thank you for saving his ass back there.

She disliked him even more but you can never change a leopard spots.

They danced for so long, Santiago was getting distracted by the feel of her body on his to talk to her, he failed to put in a good word for their family, instead sinking himself in silkiness of the dress on her soft flesh.

The music stopped, Melissa took it as her cue to leave, she walked away from him, looking deep into his eyes during the dance made her feel intoxicated, nauseous, the world was spinning around her, she needed a breather.

Outside was cold and very dark, Melissa stood letting the cold calm her nerves, the paparazzi were all gone now so she sat down on the stairs, gazing at the stars.

It was a beautiful night.

Santiago stood alone on the dance floor, amazed at his spellbound lips, Isabella came up to him, tapping his head harshly.

"What have you done now brother?". She frowned at him

Santiago shrugged. "Don't look at me, I don't know what happened".

"What are you waiting for, go after her, talk to her about the expansion of the business and stop being a pussy, I like the kind of person she brings out in you though, don't mess things up".

Isabella walked off, both women seemed to be walking out of him a lot tonight. At least he could correct one at a time.

He took his sister's advice and went out to look for Melissa.

Santiago met Melissa seated on the stairs, hugging her legs, her hair dancing in the wind, She had let them down, allowing them to balance steady on her shoulders.

He admired her for long, why was she so beautiful?, so irresistible??. She was staring something in him that no one had.

Santiago stood there in thought, was is sister right?, was he really a pussy??.

He could remember how her body moved and felt against him. He could also remember how she descended the stairs after changing into the dress his sister had offered her, he pretended not to stare but he couldn't keep his eyes away for long.

Melissa felt someone's presence behind her, she turned to find out who it was, it was the same man that had clouded her mind since their dance.

"Santiago", She whispered, the wind carried it to his ears.

She liked how the sound of his name caressed her inner mind, sweetly, lovingly.

She couldn't explain her feelings or Why the night dragging on than normal. All this was a new territory that she wasn't sure of exploring.

They both stared at one another, no one bothering to say a word, when Santiago had taken in much of her beauty, he stepped forward, still not breaking contact, he wanted to see her reaction when he came forth.

He stood in front of her, kneeling slowly, dragging the moments until he was finally at her level, they both inhaled each other's breath, he watched as her throat move  indicating she had swallowed back on something, he wanted to kiss it.

"I'm sorry for everything tonight". Santiago blurted while in a trance.

Melissa shook her head, smiling lightly, her ears disbelieving what they heard.

Santiago Montes could actually apologize?, maybe Isabella was right, he was soft, he probably didn't know it.

"it's fine, things happen sometimes".
She wasn't the type to hold grudges, she forgave easily, just as much as she hurt.

"is this seat taken?", He asked.

Melissa knew it was a silly question but she answered it anyway.

"No, it's all yours". Melissa returned to sky gazing.

Santiago sat down next to her, in silence they sat for long, letting the cold air erupt a shiver through them, the stars and moon gave enough light to illuminate the surrounding.

The chatters and music in the hall drowning as they both got wrapped in a comfortable bubble.

"I love to watch the stars twinkle at night, I have them in my room, they glow once I turn the lights off, they're truly beautiful", Melissa revealed.

"They're not as beautiful as you though".

She was shocked at his honesty but she laughed, Santiago liked it, it wasn't fake or forced, it sounded like music in his ears.

He was sure the whiskey he took was to blame for his behavior tonight, how else could he explain his attraction to this woman.

"You don't really mean that", Melissa looked away, her heart began hurting, she couldn't breathe, she closed her eyes tightly, clutching to her dress.

The truth ate at Santiago, for once he was being honest and she thought it was a lie, he didn't know it would affect him so much.

The sayings proving to be true, the truth truly was bitter.

When Melissa found her breath she continued talking when she saw his expression.

"You're only saying that because you want something Santiago, what do you want?". 

He looked at her, she was joking right?, was she playing him. He knew how to play too.

"Yes, I want something from you Mel, your body is fine".

The hurt was clear on her face, she didn't want him to accept the fact that he was after something, she wanted him to tell her he wasn't lying, he did think her to be beautiful. Why did it hurt so much, Melissa found it hard to explain.

He was driving her nuts, she needed to stay away from him, she stood up planning to walk away from him and all the emotions he was bringing out of of her tonight.

He wasn't healthy for her, she needed space from him and it all, he was starting something new in her.

It was heart aching.

Santiago took a hold of Melissa's hands before she could take another step, he squeezed his eyes tightly.

He wasn't fixing anything, why wasn't anything going on well between both of them.

It sucked.

Santiago began to realise how much of a douche he was, how much all he did affected the women around him.

He felt possessive of her, even when all eyes were staring at her inside few hours back, he felt compelled to go to her, to shield the many eyes from looking at her like she was a meal waiting to be eaten, she was dangerous to his heart but he didn't want to let her go.

Well not yet anyway.

"I'll apologize, I'm sorry, I only admitted it because you wanted me to do just that", He explained.

Melissa looked down at him, slumped her shoulders and sat down next to him defeated.

"I'm sorry too, I shouldn't have said all of that, forgive me".

"hmm, it's all good, you weren't all that wrong though, I do want something from you, I just don't know how to approach you with it".

Melissa knew what he was talking about, the business proposal that Isabella had filled her in on, Melissa used her side eye to look at him once more, he had suffered enough torture tonight, he needed to relax.

"it's fine, Isabella told me about it, she wanted to get back at you for the whole Courtney issue, it was nice watching you sweat a bit though, very entertaining I must say".

Melissa began to  laugh at Santiago's expense.

Santiago felt played, angry but it all vanished once her laughter tickled his ears, with her head back, she laughed hard, her hair falling short at the back, everything around him moved slowly as he continued to study her, she truly was a sight to behold.

"You. should. see. your. face, oh my God, priceless" Melissa spoke in between laughter.

Her laughter died down, when a strong wind went by, causing her to feel the cold she had ignored. She rubbed her palms on her arms to spread a little warmth.

Santiago noticed her body tremble, he took off his suit jacket, placing them firmly on her shoulders, assisting her in putting it on when she tried to wear them.

Melissa noticed his built body now in his black shirt, his suit jacket was really warm, she tossed her hair to the side, to drag his scent with her nose, locking it in her memory.

She was getting comfortable around him, the party was still kicking off and she had sent her parents home, well Isabella had done that.

They didn't even protest, they let her stay, they were happy she was happy, finally making friends and having fun.

After long hugs and kisses, they left her to enjoy the evening, no doubt they'll be enjoying theirs too.

"Why are you so uptight and rude?". This was what she meant by her curiosity getting the best of her.

Santiago looked taken aback by her question, no one had ever asked him that before.

"it's okay if you don't want to answer, I don't even know why I asked you that in the first place", Melissa added immediately.

Her questions started rounds of many others in his mind, why was he rude and uptight, why did he enjoy toying with every single feeling of the women he came across, what made him change so easily?.

Was it their behavior?, how easy they made themselves??, he could only imagine how he would reply the question presented before him.

                *           *            *          *

Rafael twirled Isabella in his arms, her body fitting with his once they joined together once again, dancing to the rhythm of the instruments.

"You look beautiful tonight Isa", this was the 100th time he had complimented her tonight, he didn't care.

He'll not fail to tell her how much he appreciated and adore her.

Rafael felt that Isabella needed to be reminded her how she made everything and everyone around her sparkle, her smile was his heaven.

Isabella enjoyed every moment she spent with her best friend, she had only called him that because she wanted to hide her feelings for him.

She loved him, always had and always will, he was her ride and die, her true and first love. She had no clue what she would do if he left her for another.

Unknowingly tears stained Isabella's eyes, she was imagining a world without Rafael too distracted to feel the water on her cheeks.

Rafael saw the hurt and tears in her eyes, he didn't know it was because of him she felt so much pain that she was suffering inside.

He stopped their movements, lifting Isabella's chin up, he wiped her eyes clean, erasing every trace of tears that had escaped from her eyes.

"Mi amore?, please stop crying". It pained him to see her this way, he cared so much about her, about their bond.

Isabella nodded her head, clinging desperately to Rafael like he would disappear any moment.

He called her his love, not for the first time but it felt different this time around, her heart tugged at her to tell him how she felt, to confess before her heart gets shattered into a million tiny pieces.

Rafael was done wasting time, now was his chance, he had to seize it.

He took her face in his palms, then met his lips with hers, sparks flew like it was the 4th of July, their hearts beating, forming a melodious rhythm.

He kissed her hard, Isabella returned his kiss with the same fervor until they had reduced the tempo.

They finally broke their lips apart, and Rafael confessed his love for her, they were both high, not on the whiskey but the drugs their love had put them on.

"I love you Mi amore, so much, do you love me too?". He wanted to know, he needed to know.

Isabella broke down in tears, happy tears, as she pulled him into her embrace.

"I've loved you for so long Raf, I always will baby".

Rafael felt like the luckiest man in the whole word.

He scooped Isabella up in his arms, he wanted to lay next to her tonight, to cuddle her and hold her close, she was his now, soon the world will know and speak of their love.

####

Another chapter guys,

Don't forget to vote and comment

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

6.3K 1.2K 22
what happens when the rich and most reserved guy in school falls in love with his sister's best friend that happens to be the new girl in school that...
377 11 10
Before it happened i was blessed with amazing friends, good grades, reasonable parents and the best boyfriend. I couldn't be happier but then darknes...
28.5K 2.9K 50
She was searching for her dream man all this years,,, she always dreams of him,, and at times give up,and think dreams are just dreams,not knowing he...
5.7K 188 26
Is it possible to fall in love with someone the first time you laid eyes on them? Well, I did and unfortunately, she thinks I'm crazy. And you know w...