Said Roommate

By secernate

Bailey and Talia. Roommates and best friends. Love cuts through their reign when Talia decides its time to mo... More

Prologue
1: Said Best
3: Said Superior
4: Said Cover
5: Said Sexual Tension
6: Said Friendship
7: Said Best Man
8: Said Keeper
9: Said Turn-On
10: Said Lazy Ass
11: Said Finesse
12: Said Topper
13: Said Self-Control
14: Said Hypocrisy
15: Said Shame
16: Said First Love
17: Said Strip
18: Said Kinky
19: Said Idiot
20: Said Affection
21: Said Desire
22: Said Health Kick
23: Said Bragging Rights
24: Said Spark
25: Said Favorite
26: Said Fantasies
27: Said Sobriety
28: Said Freaky Shit
29: Said Orgy
30: Said Birdie
31: Said Confessions
32: Said Move
33: Said Infatuation (Pt. 1)
33: Said Infatuation (Part 2)
34: Said Romantic
35: Said Morals
36: Said Girlfriend
37: Said Hostility
38: Said Communication
39: Said Sister
40: Said Bouquet
41: Said Date
42: Said Relationship
43: Said Spontaneity
Not an Update
44: Said Moment
45: Said Goodbyes
Epilogue
Short Story + Q&A

2: Said Motivational Speaker

78K 1.6K 476
By secernate

I heard footsteps. It was a beautiful Thursday morning and I was uncomfortable. Last night after my confessional with Reese, we watched reruns of Friends before crashing on the couches. "I guess we know what they did last night." After hearing a familiar voice, I sneakily opened my eyes trying to spot who walked into my apartment. I saw Talia with James, Carter, and Adam behind her.

"We watched TV and talked about useless shit, just to fill you in." I hated my morning voice. It was all hoarse and raspy like an after sex voice. I stretched my arms high above my head, taking the kinks out of my back and neck. I looked down at my attire before reaching over and grabbing a hoodie off the chair in the corner. I tied my hair into a messy bun before shuffling to my bathroom. I brushed my teeth, so I could communicate with these intruders. "I don't understand why you guys couldn't walk in quietly."

"What's the fun in that? I didn't even think you'd fall asleep in the living room." Talia said. I rolled my eyes before walking into the kitchen. I put the kettle on the stove to get my tea ready. "What time is your shift today?"

"Three to nine. Why?"

"Just wondering, that's all." I gave her a side glance before proceeding with my tea. Once it was finished, I poured it into a cup and sipped it as I made my way back to the living room. Reese was still knocked out as if nothing happened.

Adam was attempting to wake her up, but she kept kicking him. It was as if he didn't know about her violent tendencies. They were engaged. "She's not going to wake up anytime soon. Just saying."

"But everyone is up." Adam said.

"It's fücking eight in the morning." I fell back onto my sofa which happened to be seating Carter. I ignored his presence to the fullest and reached for my remote to turn it on.

"Language." Adam warned.

"Oops. My finger got a boner." I told him as I flicked him off. He replied with one of his own. I turned back to the TV looking for a channel to watch. I could hear Carter groan every time I flipped to a new one. His annoyance was my fuel. I grew a steady smirk on my face.

"If you can't settle on one channel, I swear," he trailed off.

"You'll what?" I arched an eyebrow daring him to finish the threat. My arm was outstretched towards the TV.

"How about we watch Boomerang? They always have the best shows in the morning." Talia settled on the armchair. James took it upon himself to sit on top of her which started their coupley fight. I almost threw up in my mouth.

"Please stop this nonsense. I feel like I'm in some cheesy romcom and I'm the fifth wheel." I insisted.

"You are the bitterest one of them all, aren't you?" Adam wondered out loud. I decided to be the bigger person and not respond. Instead, I changed the channel to Boomerang. Dexter's Laboratory happened to be on. We watched throwback cartoons for a while. Reese eventually woke up, confused if I must add.

"Wait, so it's Thursday right?"

"Yes."

"And today we're working at three?"

"Yes." She nodded as if the information finally settled in. Reese was not a morning person. She had horrible memory and moved around slowly. As soon as noon kicks in, Reese is the liveliest person you know.

"Why are you guys here?"

"Talia invited us over."

"For what?" I arched an eyebrow at her.

"To help me pack." All of them stared at her.

"You never told us that." James was the first one to speak.

"Because if I did, you would have never come." I rolled my eyes.

"Well, I'm going to go shower and change. I'll be out of your way." I jumped up from the couch going around it towards the hallway.

"Can I join you?" I flicked Carter off before walking towards my room. I grabbed my towel and went to go get ready to tackle another long day.

After washing my hair, showering, and brushing my teeth, I emerged in my towel. My hair was stacked in a bun tied on top of my head. Reese went in after me.

I dressed in a fitted polka dot crop top and denim cut off shorts. I walked back into the bathroom to blow dry my hair much to Reese's protests. "I feel uncomfortable with a curtain separating us."

"I'm not going to pounce on you Reese. You're engaged and I don't feel like being your mistress." I explained while parting my hair into sections.

"It's not even that. The blow dryer is so loud and annoying." I shrugged before turning it on. All I heard was the shrill sound of the dryer and the groans of Reese. I finished blow drying when she finished her shower. "You are a menace to society."

"I know you love me," I started to sing. "I know you care."

"You're trying to kill me." I laughed before chucking the towel over the shower rod. She thanked me and I left her to herself.

"Do you ever get cold?" Adam asks me.

"Why?"

"You literally walk around in nothing but crop tops and shorts, Bails." Talia answered for him.

"It's a casual day. I wear the occasional dress and jeans." I waltzed into my kitchen for a bagel. "It's too hot for that now."

"You're cold-blooded, that's it." I rolled my eyes before smearing cream cheese on my bagels. I poured tea out of my kettle and poured it into an insulated cup. Reese shortly came out of my room in one of my maxi dresses.

"Where are you guys going?" They asked.

"Ashley's. This wedding will be planned!" Get this, they were engaged to be married three months ago, they want the wedding by the end of the month, yet these bitches haven't planned a thing. I was appalled.

"Oh, do I need to come with?" Adam got up quickly.

"I can help," Carter got up too. Reese and I shared a look.

"Nah, you can stay and help Talia pack. We've got this." I grabbed Reese's keys off the counter before waving to the guys. I opened the door and Reese closed it behind us.

"Good morning," Brandon said as I began to walk down the stairs. I sent Reese a knowing look before turning around.

"Morning," I said quickly before jogging down the stairs. Reese came around the passenger side letting me know I was driving. "Borderline creepy, I tell you."

"Okay, but still, he's a sweet boy." Reese defended.

'Whatever." I pulled out of the apartment complex and began my commute to Ashley's. My phone began to ring and Reese took it upon herself to pick up.

"Hello Mrs. Murphy. How are you?" They continued conversation. "Of course you're invited to the wedding. My parents would be delighted to see you again." I looked at her with an expectant look. "Yeah, I'll hand the phone to her. It was great speaking to you."

"Hey Mom. What's up?"

"You're still coming tomorrow night, right?"

"Of course."

"Great. I'm just making sure. I'll see you soon, and you're father says hi." I hung up before pulling into the house. I should go on to explain how Ashley was living large not minding the fact that she took the easy way out and moved in with her older sister.

Kinsley, Ashley's older sibling, married a rich businessman or whatever and was thrust into the world of investment or something. I would come here often for the conditioned home and comfy beds. Reese and I walked to the front door being careful not to slip on the marble this time. I rang the doorbell hearing the typical rich people chime.

Kinsley opened the door. She was a 26 year-old platinum blonde. Her and Ashley were the only ones that could pull off the hair color without looking like a Barbie doll. "Reese, Bailey, what brings you here?"

"Wedding plans." I answered. Kinsley began squealing and bouncing up and down.

"I'm so excited. I need to buy a dress." We smiled at her evident elatedness. "Ashley's in her room. Beware, she's temperamental today." We walked up the spiral staircase straight down the winding hallway towards Ashley's room.

She wanted it far from the master bedroom so she wouldn't hear any events coming from her sister and brother-in-law. The memory of that day brought a smile to my face. "Guys, I'm frustrated," was the first thing Ashley said when we walked in. She was pacing with her phone in her hand, "I should call him back, shouldn't I?"

"What are you talking about?"

"Sam! He won't return my calls, he's ignoring me. He hasn't been over at all this week." Reese glanced at me. I shrugged out of confusion.

"What did you say or do this time?" Ashley feigned a hurt look before blowing up again.

"I told him I was ready." She yelled exasperatedly. She collapsed onto her bed, or should I say California king bed. It was a mattress of clouds and serenity. "It's been more than a year and we have not done it yet. I'm pretty sure he's the one because I've never loved someone like I love Sam. I want us to cross this bridge."

"Did you ever think that Sam isn't ready?" Reese speculated. That was actually a good thought.

"You have a point."

"Great, problem solved. We have to find some place to hold this wedding."

"Fine. Let me just change into something cute." She disappeared in her closet while Reese and I ventured downstairs.

"Who's paying for the wedding?"

"Adam and I and our parents are chipping in. We're going to find an easy venue to save money." I nodded in understanding.

"If I ever get married, better believe it's going to be at a courthouse." I said. "Save money. Live better."

"Bailey's words of wisdom."

~∞~

"I just got home from work." I told my dad.

"Okay. You're mom wants to know what you want to eat when you come over."

"Surprise me. Dad, I have to go handle business, but I'll see you tomorrow." I hung up before stripping out of my uniform. I changed into an oversized shirt and some knee-length leggings. I slipped into a pair of slides before dialing Sam's number.

"What?" He droned.

"Where are you?" I finished my tea and successfully tied my hair while keeping my phone on my ear.

"My place. Why?"

"I'm coming over." I hung up before he could protest. It was a ten minute drive too where Sam lived. Kyle was staying with him for the time being. I took the elevator to his room boring myself with my thoughts.

Knocking twice, I waited for the door to open. "No! Don't open it." I heard scuffles on the other side and bangs against the door. It opened a crack. I pushed it open with much force sending the person on the other side flying

"Hey, look who's actually wearing clothes," Carter remarked.

"I will jam my key so far into your eye that I'll be able to graze your brain with it." I threatened.

"And the claws come out," Kyle says. I glared at him before pin-pointing my target. I stalked towards Sam who was still lying on the floor.

"We're going to have a talk." I motioned to the couch. I sat by myself on the couch and spread my legs across the couch. "Ashley is going crazy right now." Sam's face turned red. That's how Carter and Kyle knew it was about to get good. They muted the television and tuned into the conversation.

"Bailey, can we not talk about this?" He begged. I shook my head. I had my conversation with Ashley, and then tried to get her to grow a pair. Instead, she sent me to talk to Sam. Oh, why not Reese? Apparently I'm the better fit.

"No, I already talked to her. Now it's time to talk to you." He rubbed his face in frustration. "She told me some rather interesting things and it turns out you're not down."

"Bailey," he warned.

"I don't know how this whole 'love' things work, but Ashley told me that she's in love with you and thinks she's ready, or some shit like that. She cares about you and all, and she doesn't want you to stress over it." I said, reciting the words she explained to me today.

"Wait a minute!" Carter interjected. "You and Ashley aren't fʊcking yet?"

"Don't be ignorant!" I scolded. "They're in love and when you're in love, you tend to care more about your first time with each other." I explained. Then I looked to Sam for confirmation. He just nodded.

"The world is freezing over! Bailey just defended someone about love." I narrowed my eyes at Kyle.

"I'm not even going to say anything." I said.

"Thought so." Turns out I couldn't keep my promises.

"So, how's Lea?" I asked him. The tables were turned, and Kyle scowled at me.

"Who's Lea?"

"This girl he went to college with. He had a strong infatuation with her." I smirked in victory.

"Was it that on-and-off-again chick?" Carter clarified.

"Yeah. We're having issues right now."

"You should invite her to the wedding. You know the invites are plus 1." I suggested.

"I don't think that's a good idea." He started.

"Don't be a pʊssy." Carter said. "And that goes to the both of you. Get the chick to the wedding, and you," he turned to face Sam. "make sure you break the headboard!"

"Ladies and gentleman, advice from Carter Shaw." I did a slow clap.

"That was inspirational. I should be a motivational speaker." He looked smug. I rolled my eyes and motioned for them to unpause the TV.

"You know it's getting late, you should head home now." Sam urged.

"Talia's not home, and I hate being by myself."

"Call up one of your hoes and see if they're free to hang tonight." Kyle said.

"I'm not going to find a guy to keep me warm at night. What do you take me for? A damsel?" I deadpanned. "I might just crash here."

"Good luck on the couch. Carter will be in here right next to you." Sam said.

"Maybe there can be a round two." Kyle wiggled his eyebrows. I threw a pillow square in his face.

"No, just no." I swiveled back around in the love seat. "I'll sleep on your bed." I said. "And you can sleep in here."

"I refu-," Kyle started but I cut him off.

"I'm a girl. Be a gentleman. Maybe that's why you and Lea aren't working." I stated. Yes, I was being a bitch but I was cranky. I needed to sleep.

"Dayum!" Carter and Sam echoed.

"That's low." I shrugged. "I thought you were my best friend," he cried.

"Exactly. I gotta give it to you straight," I said. "no sexual pun intended."

***

Second chapter up! Finally! All my stories will have the most sporadic updates because of this school year starting back up. I'll try to update at least one story a week to keep a balance going. I literally haven't started any homework yet, so I should do it now.

Vote, comment, follow! Love the readers.

Still casting...I forgot who was Carter, but I'd love to hear some suggestions. It would make it a whole lot quicker.

Off to the side is Bailey's outfit. ---->

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

611 23 42
... that changes everything Sarah was starting her junior year of high school. Looking at herself in the mirror, she saw a pretty average blonde hair...
5.1M 161K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
2.2K 143 32
With a drug lord for a father and an addict for a mother, Jade Taylor has been dealt a pretty shabby hand in life. Her childhood was spent in a const...
150K 6.1K 36
"I asked you a question, and you're going to answer it." Hmm. To answer or not to answer. "Geez my name's Carter and can you let go, you're hurting m...