Ghost of You | βœ”

By theGhoulBoys_

"I'm not the one who can see ghosts" "I'm not the one who is a ghost" "That was actually really hur... More

CHARACTERS
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
GHOST OF YOU
Ghost Of Me | OUT NOW
New Cover

GHOST OF YOU

25.8K 993 517
By theGhoulBoys_

4| 1865

"So are you ready for school tomorrow?" My father asked as we ate.

I sighed. "Sorta, I mean I kinda just wanna wait until Monday" I said as I saw moment out of my eye.

Loki had walked into the room and I glanced back at my dad. "I'm sure the kids will be great, I've heard nothing but good things about the school here" my father replied.

I stabbed some chicken. "Something tells me I'm going to be the odd one out" I replied, glancing in Loki's direction.

"You'll be fine darling, people will like you" he said, smiling.

"I hope so" I replied before continuing to eat.

We continued to eat before he announced he was going to have a shower. Cleaning up the plates, I felt Loki's presence behind me. "What was eighteen sixty-five like?" I asked, rinsing the bubbles from the sink.

"It was a time of war, why?" Loki asked, watching me.

"I don't know, I've always had a fascination with history and now I can talk to someone who actually lived it, I want to know" I replied, glancing at the ghost.

He looked thoughtful for a moment. "Well it was the American Civil war in those times, but the assassination of President Abraham Lincoln is probably a little more known" he replied.

I turned to face him, drying my hands. "Was there war here?" I asked, tilting my head.

Loki nodded. "My father was well established in his rank, well known shot too and I never could live up to his expectation, I was a disappointment" he replied.

I frowned. "You were in the Confederate Army?" I asked surprised. 

"I was seventeen when I joined" he replied, placing his hands in his pockets.

"But you had to be e-" I was saying before he cut me off.

"Eighteen, yeah I know, I was desperate to get away from here so I lied about my age but then they put under my fathers command, I fought that war for two years" he replied, looking in the distance.

"So how did you die?" I asked, suddenly I lot more interested in him.

Loki's eyes met mine. "I fell in love with a girl" he replied.

I looked away quickly. "But that's a story for another time" he added quickly.

"Hey darl, are you all done in here?" My father's voice said, surprising me.

I looked at him. "Yeah, I'm just going to have a shower and head to bed" I said as my father stood next to Loki's ghost.

"Okay, who were you talking to?" he asked, moving the fridge to grab some water.

Loki shot me a smirk. "Oh myself, quizzing myself on the American Civil War" I replied, shrugging my shoulder.

Loki laughed out loud. Frowning, my father looked at me. "You are so much like your mother it scares me" he replied.

My father moved towards me before planting a kiss on my forehead. "Good night darling, remember to set your alarms" he added before walking out of the kitchen.

"I wil!" I called out.

I heard his footsteps go up the stairs and I looked at Loki who was grinning. "What?" I asked defensively.

"You two have a great relationship, my father and I never got along" he replied, shrugging one shoulder.

I leaned on the sink. "What happened to your mother?" I asked, frowning again.

"She died giving birth to me, maybe that's why he hated me" he replied, folding his arms.

"What happened to yours?" He asked.

"Car accident, her best friend was driving and both were killed" I replied, his smile falling off his face.

"Oh, I'm sorry" he replied stiffly.

"So am I" I replied.

We both fell silent before I coughed. "Well I'm going to go have a shower" I said, as I headed for the stairs.

"Okay then" he said distractedly.

I glanced at him, noting his sad face before walking up the stairs and to my room. Loki was already in there, leaning on my window. I grabbed my pajamas. "I'll be right back" I said, quickly before making my way to the bathroom.

| Loki |

I turned my head to watch her go, her straight hair falling casually across her shoulders. She was extremely beautiful, reminding me of my lost love. My hands turned into fists as I remembered her. It wasn't true love and I had certainly died for nothing. She didn't even attend my funeral, because she was too busy with someone else.

The reason I couldn't move on was because of her and Reena reminded me of her greatly. Made me think about everything I loved about Vanessa, everything I loved and not had returned.

I listened closely to hear Reena humming in the shower before tuning her out. Biting my lip, I looked down at my hand. I had touched her today, actually felt human touch and I had never been so overwhelmed in my life or death.

Maybe the fact that Reena reminded me of my last love, played into the fact she could see, hear and touch me. I shook my head, that was a romance book and this was real life.

I heard the shower shut off. My eyes studied the wilted roses outside in the garden. Once, they had been standing tall and red as blood.
Golden light used to fill this house, music and laughter would be heard almost every night as my father would entertain guests.

Now, as I glanced at the paint peeling off the wall, it reminded me of how long ago it was. I looked down at my ghostly skin. I wanted to be with my mother and my wretched father, I wanted to be there when she scolded him for treating me poorly.

I blinked, a tear falling down my cheek. I quickly brushed it away, I was not going to be weak. Not after one hundred and fifty- three years.

Reena entered the room again, running a towel through her wet hair. I could feel her eyes on me but I didn't turn. "So what else happened in eighteen sixty-five?" She asked, sitting on the edge of her bed 

"I died" I replied almost in a whisper.

"I'm sorry for whatever happened to you" she said softly.

My eyes closed as I remembered the pain, the constant ringing in my ears. My father's face as he knelt over me in anger. "It's not you who should apologise" I replied, turning to look at her.

Her face gave me warmth and I looked away quickly. I was getting attached to this girl, I had to distance myself because it wouldn't end up well for either of us.

I was a ghost and cold, she was alive and warm. Hearing her move around to lie down in her bed, I moved towards the door. "Where are you going?" She asked sitting up.

I looked at her, her wet hair falling in her eyes. "I assumed you wanted to sleep, so I'm leaving you in peace" I replied, frowning as I stopped at the door.

"Stay, please" she said, patting the empty spot next to her.

I raised an eyebrow. "A gentlemen never stays in a woman's bed unless they are wed" I replied, confused.

"That was then, this is now" she replied before patting the bed again.

Do not get attached, Loki Peakes. Sighing, I moved towards her slowly. I sat on the bed before she laughed. "You can lie down, I promise I don't bite" she replied.

I rolled my eyes before lying down, my head on one of her fluffy pillows. She smelt like honey and almonds. "This girl you fell in love with, was she the reason you stopped fighting?" She asked curiously.

I turned my head to look at her, my attention captured by her brown orbs with gold flecks. "Yes" I replied, the first time a little out of breath.

She was even more beautiful close up. Her eyes closed, breaking me from their spell. I took a deep breath even though I didn't need to. "Goodnight Loki" she mumbled.

"Goodnight Reena" I replied, before also closing my eyes.

A/N

HE IS SO CUTE. I WANT A LOKI SO BAD!!
UGH I'M SETTING MY OWN STANDARDS

Okay, settle down Tavana.

So what did you think of this chapter?
Cute right. I know!

We learnt a little more about Loki amd 1865.

Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤
Love, Tavana xoxoxoxox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 196 16
(Previously Lucifer) "It was torture, knowing you were alive and walking around and I couldn't have you." "It was worse than torture, worse t...
2.4M 83.2K 52
"What makes you think I'll let you leave?" he asked and took a step towards me. "Because I'm not into guys?" "Well then why did you date your ex-boyf...
365 53 17
€€€€ You'll never know what could possibly happen here in our world. You'll never know what can attack you in the darkness. Even simple myths can be...
51.1K 3K 50
⚑caution : this isn't a story of happily-ever-after love & heartwarming romance. this is a story of heartbreak. ⚑ all the graphics in this book are m...