Never Looking Back ✔

By serial-chiller

Completed. More

Hey
story aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
THANK YOU
Epilogue

Chapter 48

51.7K 1.7K 82
By serial-chiller

Emily's POV

I had my head resting on Daniel's shoulder as we all watched tv, which included me, brandon and daniel. It was late and we just sat in front of tv after dinner. Brandon was super interested in tv I had no idea why. Everything is boring on there.

I was sleepy. I should go to bed probably. "Brandon come here." I said pointing at my lap. He came obediently and I hugged him tightly as I sat him in my lap. I placed a kiss on his cheek but he swatted me away being much more interested in the show going on.

I turned my head towards daniel to see him looking deep in thought. Hmm. "What are you thinking about?" I asked as I interrupted him from his train of thoughts.

He turned his towards me and stared at me and I raised my eyebrows at him. "You."

"What about me?"

He sighed as he closed his eyes. "You once said that you had a brother."

I felt my heart drop at the mention of my brother. "I-I did?" Hesitating I asked.

He nodded. "Yeah when you came to my parents house the first time with david as his 'girlfriend'." He rolled his eyes as he said the last word.

I frowned, I don't remember. And even if I did say it. He remembers till now? "Your parents kind of misunderstood." I tried to avoid the topic about my so called brother. I know I should tell him. Soon. I will, just not now.

"Is your brother alive?" He asked after a while with hesitation in his eyes  as he observed that I had avoided the question last time.

I felt my heart sped at his words. "He-uh-I-" I stuttered as the flashbacks of us back in home came to my mind.

You are such a bitch. He used to say this alot when he beat me.

I wish you had died with my parents.

I wish god had you dead instead of my mom and dad.

I hate you.

You are so stupid.

"Emily." Daniel's voice brought me out of the painful memories. He was looking at me with concern. I blinked back the tears not wanting them to escape.

Everything ended a long time ago. Period.

"Was he in the car too?" He asked and I shook my head. "No." I whispered my voice shaking. I loathe him.

He nodded. "The-

"I don't want to talk about him!" I snapped but instantly regretted. His eyes widened at my sudden outburst.

"Alright." He said putting his hand up in surrender and I closed my eyes feeling bad.

"I am sorry." I said after a few minutes making the best puppy eyes face.

He smiled as he kissed my forehead. "I love you baby." He said for the second time in the day and I felt my heart do some summersalts.

I again rested my head at his shoulder and smiled peacefully. Brandon has fallen asleep in my lap as I played with his soft curly hair.

Daniel was holding my hand as he caressed my ring. "Hey,". He said and I raised my eyes up to his level.

"I am thinking of us all taking a little vacation, like a family." He said and I nodded excitedly.

"Really? Where?"

He chuckeld at my excitement. "Where do you want to go?"

"I don't know. There are a lot of places. What do you have in my mind?"

"London?"

"Really!?" I shouted. He laughed and nodded.

"Oh my god, I have never been out of America." I said as I started dreaming about london. I have always wanted to visit it. And japan too. And turkey, and paris.

"I will take you anywhere you want baby." He said as he kissed my nose. I chuckled.

"When will we be going?" I asked excited.

"Next week. We can spend christmas there and come back before new year. We would have to attend my mother's christmas dinner or she will kill us." I nodded chuckling at the last statement. I am truly excited for this christmas, probably the first time in many years. I have always loved christmas till my parents died. I started disliking it since, everyone was always happy on christmas spending it with their familys, loved ones and I was always miserable on them. Seeing everyone happy except me made me dislike it more. I always used to ask this question. Why me?

My last two christmas were spent with brandon so they weren't as bad. They were better, much better.

I wonder what toby does on Christmas? The thought flew out of my mind soon. Why am I even thinking? He probably drinks, does drugs. What else?

I sighed as I looked towards the clock. 11:03 pm. Time for sleep I guess.

"Hey we should go to sl-". I stopped and smiled when I saw daniel already asleep. His mouth was slightly open just like brandon. Brandon was asleep on other side of me looking just like his father. My smile widened.

My world.

I lightly shook daniel. "Hey." I whispered and his eyes snapped open. I regretted waking him up because he looked tired. "Come to bed." He nodded his head and got up. I picked up brandon in my arms and we slowly made our way to the bedroom down.

I was about to put brandon on the bed but an idea came in my mind. As daniel laid on the bed making himself comfortable.

"Goodnight." I said to him as I made my way towards the door.

"Wait where are you going?" I turned towards him and looked at him innocently. "Going to my room." I reasoned out and he looked like he was about to get out of bed.

"No. I mean aren't you guys going to sleep here with me." He said his eyes alarmed and I tried hard to not laugh.

"You look fine so I thought to why not sleep in my room today?" I shrugged.

"No, I am not I am- my leg here is hurting. What if I fall in the middle of the night." He said and I frowned.

"God forbid that." I made my way towards him.

"I am sleeping here. I was just teasing you." I chuckled and he looked relieved but frowned. "I don't like these types of jokes." He grumbled and I laughed.

I put brandon under the blankets and kissed him on the forehead. I glanced towards daniel to see him looking at us with a soft smile playing on his lips and hesitantly I moved towards him and placed a kiss on his cheek. He seemed surprised. "Goodnight." I said to him and instantly turned off the lights.

"I love you." I heard him say in the dark as I laid on the bed. I just closed my eyes smiling me and my heart both.

******

I dialled his number and waited patiently for him to wake up. Daniel went to office today after many days since his accident. I still didn't want him to go. He is good now but still, he has been home these days and I have started to love it and now that he wasn't here with me I was missing him. He wanted to go to office to check everything once since we were leaving tomorrow for a vacation to london. Christmas holidays are starting from tomorrow too.

"Hi baby." I heard his voice and a smile automatically made its way on my lips.

"Hey." I replied a little shyly.

"When are you coming back?" I asked.

"Is that your way of saying that you miss me darling?" He asked his vocie one of teasing.

"Why would anyone miss you?" I teased and he chuckled.

"Are you alright? Do you feel any pain?" I asked concerned.

"I am fine, don't worry about me."

"Hey, I have to go for a meeting." My heart fell in disappointment.

"Oh. Bye."

"See you."

"Oh, wait!" I said and he hummed in response.

"I love you." With that I hung up. My heart beating wildly.

I said it.

******

I sighed in bliss when I felt someone's hand caressing my cheek. Slowly I opened my eyes and was greeted by the beautiful face of daniel. He smiled softly at me, adoration clear in his eyes. I tried hard not to blush.

A few years back I would have never thought that I would be in a situation like this with my boss.

I sat up on the couch on which I fell asleep god knows when. "Hey, how was tour day?"

"It was going fine till a certain someone's call made it the best." He grinned. I almost forgot.

"And who that person might be?" I played along.

"My soon to be wife, the mother of my soon and the woman I love very much." He said smiling ear to ear and I tried heard not too swoon.

I pushed him. "You have a way with your words." I rolled my eyes but a smile remained on my lips.

"So what were you saying in the call? Can you tell me again?" He tried to act oblivious.

"I asked how you were feeling and when you were coming back and then I hung up." I shrugged and he chuckled.

"After that love."

"Hmm...I don't remember saying anything." I teased and stood up ready to leave till he grabbed my wrist and fall directly on him as he secured his arm tightly around my waist.

He dipped down his head and captured my lips with his and I eagerly responded. We kissed esch other slowly yet passionately trying to express our feelings which we could not through our words.

"I love you." He whispered and I smiled against his lips. "Ditto."

******

We reached london a few days ago. We went to so many places. Daniel made sure that we saw everything and that we had fun. It was the most fun I have had in years. Being with the two most important people of my life was all I ever wanted.

Today was Christmas and I couldn't be more excited. Though it was only the three of us here but still.

I had brandon ready in the most cutest outfit.

"You look so cute!" I said as I kissed his cheeks repeatedly. Daniel was talking outside with his family on phone. It is probably the first time he is spending his christmas away from his family. I don't know really I just assumed.

I looked at myself in the mirror feeling pretty today. I was wearing a simple red dress which was perfect for this festival. I applied a little makeup. I was about to apply a nude lipstick then my eyes fell fell on the red lipstick in my makeup bag and I took it out and applied it.

"Where is your dada?" I asked brandon.

"He is paying on his phone." He said in his baby voice and I laughed. He probably meant that he was playing on his phone which also means he is talking on his phone.

"Come here let's take a few pics and send it to your aunt diana." I said to brandon as I saw the text I received from diana of wishing happy christmas and to send pictures of us.

I took a few of him solo and then I clicked a few selfies of us just when daniel entered. He came towards us and started to pose with us for selfies and I grinned.

Brandon was looking at the camera curiously and I was grinning and daniel was smiling too as I was about to click a photo daniel kissed me on the cheek and the photo was snapped.

He snatched the phone from me and looked at the photo. "I love this photo." He said. Yeah it's actually good. He immediately sent it to diana before I could protest.

"Why did you send it?" I demanded.

"It's not like I sent a sex tape of us." He said making my jaw drop in shock.

"You didn't just say that!" I said to him my cheeks flaming as he continued to laugh at me.

"You are so adorable." He murmured as he pulled me into a hug kissing my temple.

"Merry christmas." He whispered.

"Happy christmas." I said back as I tightened my arms around him.

As we pulled back he still had his hand on my waist. "You look breathtaking. Absolutely gorgeous."

"Thank you. You too." I mumbled. I am not good with compliments. I mean I sure love receiving them.

As daniel moved from me and went towards the brandon. "Who is this little santa claus?" He said teasingly but I could see the love in his eyes for brandon.

"Dada." Brandon opened his arms wide towards daniel to take him in his arms and daniel did what he was asked to smiling.

My world.

******

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 65 14
abused and broken
257K 11.3K 32
𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘪𝘤𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘳. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘵, 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘶𝘥𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘵...
5.8K 105 15
𝙱𝚞𝚝 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛, 𝙸𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎.
9.5K 472 20
I love you my dear secretary....