Laughter Lines ▷ Tony Stark

By spiderlad

LAUGHTER LINES | ❝It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.❞ MARVEL AU | YOUNG!TON... More

EPIGRAPH + PLAYLIST
GRAPHIC GALLERY
1 - LAST DAY
2 - THE INTERVIEW

INTRO

3.9K 212 101
By spiderlad

LAUGHTER LINES

❝ Letting go was the hardest thing I ever had to do, but I never forgot you ❞

Jude Costello didn't know what he was getting himself into. Out of college for three years and tired of working the year long secretary work, always bouncing from boss to boss, he knew he struck it big when he found himself being hired as the assistant to newly appointed heir to the family company Tony Stark, a man younger than him with a personality bigger than the whole of New York.

Despite his initial reservations against young men in too grand positions of power, Jude genuinely liked working for Tony. Of course, he had to deal with the obligatory Beatles' song being crooned in his ear per way of every greeting, but it was worth it on the days he was able to see Tony truly in action, taking down any and all older businessmen who thought they had leverage over the young genius simply for being alive longer. Not to mention, it was nice being invited as Tony's special guest to many of the galas and functions the young man was invited to; they might not be his scene, but Tony did always say he needed someone he liked along for the ride and with his best friend in the Air Force and not always available, Jude was the next best option.

As the two continue to spend time together, friendship turning into something more, Jude finds himself quickly falling for the young genius, but the thing about love was that it left not only the best of memories but the worst of scars.

○ ○ ○

CAST

jeremy irvine as jude costello

❝ you're two years younger than me, tony, I'm not calling you 'sir' ❞

young!robert downey jr. as young!tony stark

❝ focusing stopped being a priority the minute you were hired to be my assistant ❞

maisie richardson-sellers as ramona brigham

❝ you're actually in love with him, aren't you? ❞

[ + additional cast ]
josh dylan as tylor layton
rashida jones as birdie walsh
jack dylan grazer as remy walsh
hero of heroes faceclaims as respective characters

○ ○ ○

STATUS

started: 12.16.18

completed: —

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Ya'll ready to fucking cry, because I am. Yeah, ya'll, this is gonna be a tear-jerker and I'm so excited because I genuinely love this fic idea. Basically, Jude was Tony's first personal assistant before Pepper, maybe even before the person before Pepper, he's really Tony's first, what with how young he is and the two just click so well, and you'll see, I really wanna touch on how easily attached Tony gets with people, because if you've seen how he is with his machines and then with the people in his life, he's so attached and he adores them so much, so we're gonna see a lot of that. This also plays on the idea that you never truly forget your first, nor do you wholly get over them. This was also published on December 16 in honor of Tony's parents dying because fun.

As you saw in the cast, Birdie Walsh is here. If you don't know, Birdie Walsh is the OC in the Tony Stark fic I have set after Civil War and Spider-Man: Homecoming called Broken Lullaby, which is going to just give you some insight right now as to what's gonna go down. And the reason why I'm saying this is that, when she does appear, I will not tolerate any Birdie bashing, okay, she has been through too much and I will not tolerate you hating on her for existing, okay? So if you're planning on hating a woman for loving Tony, leave now.

【 This takes place in my Hero of Heroes series and while you don't need to have read the other fics in the series to understand what is going on, you can if you so wish as characters from this fic may appear in others and vice versa 】

DEDICATED TO:

luminite for helping me come up with the plot and faceclaim and inspiring me to write a young tony fic in the first place, and also for just being super rad and such an amazing friend

starfragment who's letting me use part of her layout (the use of fancy lettering at the beginning of the chapter, yeah, that's her so ya'll better ask her if you wanna use it) lokidyinginside voidkhaleesi tinkertaydust latte-to-go soulofstaars binarydanvers snixandstones and all the people I forgot to tag for being so amazing and sweet and supportive 25/8 it really means a lot
I hope you stick around!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

465K 23.2K 52
BROKEN LULLABY | ❝I know I wasn't there for you before, and I'll regret that for the rest of my life. But I'm here now, and I'm never leaving either...
20.5K 838 27
"Go home Spiderman, it's not safe out here" "I don't need to be saved by you" "And yet, here we are" A new criminal starts to terrorize the streets...
1.5K 40 6
Just some ideas I have about ironstrange!! Cover credit: kukumomoart
186K 9.6K 29
❝ you are totally busted, spidey-boy! ❞ PETER PARKER X FEM!OC SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING UNFORTUNATE HEROES BOOK ONE