The Lion The Witch and The Wa...

By WhiteAlpha98

Christina Hunt or now Christina Pevensie is the new sibling. Her parents were very close to the hunts and so... More

The First Night
Lucy Tries Again
Epilogue
Cast.
Authors Note

The Beginning of a New Adventure

1.6K 57 51
By WhiteAlpha98

A bomb, that's all it took for my life to change drastically. Everything I've ever known came to a crashing halt. A month ago, the Germans came to our city and destroyed half of it. My home and my parents, they became part of the consequences of war.

Since then, I've lived with my best friend Emily. Why hadn't I been put into the system? My parents had a plan.

A long time ago, when she found out, she was having a baby...my parents decide to pick a legal guardian for me, just in case anything happened. You see, my mother and Mrs. Pevensie had been best friends since they were children. So naturally, she accepted my mothers request.

Since the war occurred, parents have been sending their children to the countryside, where the war was pretty much nonexistent.

I was supposed to go to live with the Pevensie children, they got sent to the countryside a while ago.

Emily was going to be living with her grandparents, I really wanted to go stay with her, but I couldn't. The government wouldn't allow it.

Currently, I was on a train, I had moved over towards the window seat after Emily had gotten off at the last stop.

I hoped that my destination would arrive soon, all I wanted to do was crawl inside my new bed and forget everything that happened.

For this moment, my thoughts were consuming me and I could barely take it. Every ounce of my energy was used to keep myself from exploding.

"Mrs, would you like some more peanuts or water?" Someone asked me.

It took me a minute to come out of my daze, but I looked over and saw the serviceman who had been very kind to me.

"No, thank you... How long until I reach my stop?"

"Can I see your ticket?"

I did what was asked of me and handed him my little piece of paper. He examined my ticket for a few moments and then handed it back to me.

"Your stop is next." He told me with a genuine smile.

I nodded at him, I wanted to avoid talking as much as I could. It took too much energy to expel words out of my mouth.

"Don't worry, little lady, everything will be all right. We have nothing without belief." He winked at me and then walked away.

I let his thoughts sink into my head.

*We have nothing without belief.*

Presently, I had nothing, and I didn't know if faith would be enough to bring what I needed back. At the moment, I didn't know what I needed.

Another hour went by with me sitting and looking at the outside world pass by my train window,

Then suddenly, the train came to a slow stop. We arrived at the next outpost, my new life was about to begin.

"I think this is your stop." Said the service man.

He grabbed my suitcase from above me while I got my coat on. Then, the kind, gentle man escorted me off the train.

Once I was on the wooden platform, he put my suitcase down and patted my head. He got back on the train.

"Thank you for everything." I told him as the train started to move.

He held on to the railing on the side of the train and waved at me, I did the same to him.

"Anytime! Have a great day, sweetheart."

Soon the train speed up and went out of sight. I picked up my bag and walked off the platform.

The area was vacant, no one was here to pick me up.

Did they forget about me?

I sat down on the platform steps and placed my head in my hands. I was exhausted and on the verge of a mental breakdown.

However, I needed to stay strong. I picked my head back and held back the tears that threatened my eyes, I listened for any signs of human life around me.

Instead, silence filled the air.

I started to feel scared, my thoughts were beginning to turn dark.

What if they had forgotten about me? What happens if I was here until dark? What would I do?

However, the thoughts dissipated when I heard hoofs clomping in the distance.

I immediately grabbed my bags as the wagon approached me. The woman on top of the seat looked down at me, her gaze a bit intense.

"Are you the new Pevensie?" The woman asked, her tone mellow.

"I... Christina Hunt is my name, actually...but I suppose..." I was about to explain, but the woman rolled her eyes and interjected.

"Are you the girl they've adopted, or are you not?" She asked in an annoyed tone.

Adopted...that was a harsh word to use. But it was the truth, I was adopted now and even though I didn't like to admit it, I had too eventually.

"Yes mam." I answered while I gripped the handle of my suitcase tightly.

The woman looked in the back of the wagon bed and then at me, "Is that all you brought?"

"Yes, I didn't have much." I replied, I was a tad furious at the tone she was speaking to me. But, this lady was picking me up and was using the time she had to do it. I should be grateful, and that's what I intended to be.

"Get in the back." Said the woman, she nodded her head towards the wagon bed.

I did what was asked of me and climbed on a pile of hay.

"What can I call you?" I asked in a quiet tone.

The woman looked at me, "Mrs. McCready."

"Ok Mrs. McCready." I repeated, I gave her a small smile to try to lighten up the mood.

Nonetheless, she still held the same face. Instead of smiling back, she turned around and clapped the reigns.

I jolted forward a bit not expecting the force the horse took, but then I sat back in the hay and closed my eyes.

I was tired and scared, I wanted to cry, but I also wanted to laugh at some of the things I've seen so far today. Furthermore, I wanted to scream, but I didn't have the energy to, I wanted to be quiet and not talk for the rest of my life. This journey was scary, and I didn't know if I could handle it. However, I had to deal with what life had given me.
~

It took about an hour to get to the professor's mansion, but it wasn't a boring hour. I haven't really experienced the country, so the scenery was beautiful and intriguing.

When I saw the mansion, that was even more fascinating. The structure was huge and as I approached it, it seemed to loom over me.

I couldn't imagine how many rooms filled this place or what treasures I'd be able to discover. My curiosity was gnawing at me.

"We're here." McCready told me as she pulled the reigns back.

The wagon slowly came to a stop, I waited for the old woman to come around and open the latch. It took her a minute to get around to the back, but she eventually did.

As soon as my feet touched the ground, I went over to the horse that took me to this gorgeous home and petted its forelock. The beast neighed in pleasure. I laughed and kissed its nose, the animal seemed to like it.

"What's its name?" I asked, still petting the creature.

She looked over for a minute but then proceeded to check the wagon, "It's a her. Gwen is her name."

"She's beautiful!" I exclaimed as I trailed my hands across her soft neck.

McCready shrugged, "She's just a horse."

"Well, I think that all creatures like this are beautiful." I smiled, the horse bobbed his head up and down as if agreeing with me.

The old woman walked over to the bed and patted the back, "Grab your bag."

I gave the horse one more kiss before grabbing my luggage. McCready latched the back of the wagon and then walked up to the door.

Once there, she grabbed her keys and unlocked the door.

When I got a glimpse inside the home, I couldn't believe my eyes.

I have never seen a place that was as spacious as this building. You could fit three (Maybe more) small houses in this home. The knickknacks that were placed inside were probably just as expensive.

My mind was trying to take it all in, yet, I don't think my brain would have enough space to store everything. Only God knows exactly how many rooms and hallways were in this abode.

"Are you coming?" Mrs. McCready said, grabbing my attention.

I must have stopped in the middle of the room without noticing, Mrs. McCready had already made her way to the stairs. I was about to walk towards her when I heard a man's voice in the distance.

"Oh! Professor! Just the man I wanted to see." McCready said as she walked over to the older man.

"Yes, what can I do for you?" He asked her, a small smile crossed his face.

The woman flattened her dress out before speaking, "The children. They are a ruckus and a bunch of hooligans. They destroyed the knight and the window with this!"

McCready stammered and pulled out a ball. The professor gave a hearty chuckle as he grabbed the ball from the frantic woman's hand.

"What shall we do with them?" She asked, her facial expressions not changing.

The professor stuffed the ball in his pant pockets, "it's ok, Mrs. McCready. They are just children."

"Just children! I...there must be a disciplinary action against them." She protested.

He shook his head, "oh Mrs. McCready, I think we should just let this one slide. After all, you were a child once too? Didn't you make a mistake."

The old woman huffed but answered the professor calmly, "Yes sir. If you wish."

Before the old man could answer, she walked past me. The woman didn't give me one glance, but I was ok with it.

The professor looked at me, he smiled and bent down, so I'd be eye level with him.

"Hello young one. Let me guess, you are the new addition to our little family?" He asked me.

Family? Did I want that? I wanted my old one back, but that would be an impossible wish to grant.

Despite the mixed feelings I had, I nodded. The old man held out his hand for me to grab, without hesitation, I took it.

He stood up and began walking with me to the stairs.

"I think I know where your friends are at. Shall we go there and meet them?" He asked me.

It took me a minute to answer, but I did, "yes sir."

With that, the professor took me upstairs and to a very strange room.

In this space, there stood only a wardrobe. No beds or tables, just a closet. Why were we in here? I looked at the professor, and he looked at me.

"Just wait a minute." He said as he stuck his hand in his pocket.

A couple more seconds of quiet went by and then, the wardrobe doors opened. Four children fell out and landed on the hard wood floor.

They looked stunned and confused, like they didn't know exactly where they were at. Then they saw the professor and I standing at the door.

They looked perplexed.

"I'll explain in a minute. But, what we're you all doing in the wardrobe?" The professor asked.

The blonde-haired boy that came out last laughed and said, "you wouldn't believe us, sir."

The professor grabbed the baseball that was in his pocket, he tossed it in his hand for a moment and then threw it at the boy

The young man caught it and gave the professor a strange look.

The old man chuckled a little and then told him, "try me."

(Ok! Hi guys!! It's been a while since I have posted any fics lol. I'm in the process of moving and I haven't had the motivation to write! Hopefully I'll write more in the future! For now enjoy!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 36.5K 63
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
2.2M 72.3K 49
❝I think-I think I'm in love. I know it sounds crazy, but I really think she's the one.❞ ••••• Naomi Serdeys is peculiar, that was for sure. Despite...
649K 15.4K 40
❝With great power comes great responsibility.❞ [Highest rank #21 in fanfiction.] STORY REVIEWS: Relatabl...
74.8K 1.5K 30
"єνєяуσиє'ѕ ѕρє¢ιαℓ ιи тнєιя σωи ωαу, ωнєтнєя тнєу αяє αραят σf α ρяσρнє¢у σя иσт. уσυ'ℓℓ fιи∂ συт нσω уσυ'яє ѕσ ѕρє¢ιαℓ ωнєи тнє тιмє ιѕ яιgнт." ✢ M...