War of the Worlds

By marine325

We always thought if we face any kind of alien incursion they would come from the skies. We were wrong they c... More

Prologue
The UNEC
Wings of Freedom
First Contact
First Contact Pt.2
Struggle for Trost
Struggle for Trost Pt.2
Struggle for Trost Pt.3
Struggle for Trost Pt.4
Aftermath
Negotiations
Aid
The Raid
Hearts and Minds Pt 1
Hearts and Minds Pt: 2
The Loss
The Discovery

Struggle for Trost Pt.5

6.8K 175 102
By marine325

Chapter 10: Struggle for Trost Pt.V

Trost, Naval Force Protection Battalion, German Navy

Rudolf escorted by Hermann entered the Garrison Regiment's HQ through its broken gateway. Upon stepping inside he was soon greeted by sight of a previous slaughter.

The floor and the walls were painted red by the blood of the victims of this slaughter. The soldiers those were not busy on patrolling the outer perimeter of the castle were busy treating the few wounded and gathering up the remains of their comrades scattered all around the courtyard.

"We have barricaded the supply room for now," Hermann informed him. "We don't know for how much time that gate could be able to hold."

Upon arriving Rudolf noticed the doors to the supply room to be fully intact.

"How did those Titans get inside?" He inquired.

"It was due to some of the members from the supply unit." Hermann replied. "After the commanding officer of this area abandoned his post along with the best-trained men. The supply unit was left with little to no protection against the Titans. When the larger Titans broke through the front gate the smaller ones snooped in and invaded the lower levels of the HQ. During the slaughter, a panicked soldier opened the door of the supply room to escape but he instead ends up letting the Titans in. After we moved in we were able to box them inside after one of my men sacrificed his life while shutting off the door for good. But in return, we were totally cut off from our much needed supplies which would keep us in the fight. I have placed some of my men inside the room keeping the Titans distracted not letting them bust through the supply room's door and rampaging all around the HQ."

"Have you tried to take back the room ?" he said

"Yes we did twice, but both the times it ended in failure. I lost seven men down there." He answered solemnly.

"We will avenge them." Rudolf assured him. "What is our next course of action ?"

Hermann quickly pulled out a piece of paper out of his pocket and unfolds it on the ground. It was the interior plans of the entire castle.

"There are total seven 3 to 4 m Titans present in the room. The only way in or out is the lift leading to the room. I have a squad of soldiers ready for an attack on my signal but for the attack to success I need the Titans to be and led away from the lift and crippled for an easy kill."

"There is where we come in ?"

"Yes, after witnessing your advanced weapons in action I am certain you will be able to pull that off." Hermann states with a spark of hope visible on his face.

Rudolf took a moment in properly going through the interior plans.

"What kind of equipment are stored inside the room ?"

"Swords, ODMs, Gas cylinders and Cannon rounds." Hermann quickly replied.

"How many cannonballs do you have in there ?"

"I don't exactly know, but more or less I presume three full crates of cannon shells were still left when we left to defend the city during the initial Titan assault.

"Hmmmm..."

"Explosives are a no go then. One spark and we might blow ourselves up to the moon. The best possible way is going Close Quarters against the Titans which you are well capable of. As soon as we enter the room, we will be forming a firing line just in front of the door. We will lure those bastards away from the center towards us. You along with your people will snoop in from their rear and neutralize those freaks as we keep them occupied." He explained. "The lives of my men are in your hands Captain, We make be able to cripple them but we cannot take them out. The killing has to be delivered by your men. I suggest you don't screw up."

"Yes, Rest assured Lt. Rudolf I will be personally leading my team into this operation."

"Very well." Rudolf takes a glance at his watch. "We will begin operation in 15 minutes. Keep your people at ready on the elevator and as soon as you hear gun fire come down ASAP and help us take out the Titans."

Hermann nods and then shoots two hooks into the building quickly pull himself up from the ground and into the third floor of the HQ.

(15 minutes later)

"Charges set!"

"Well get back here." Rudolf ordered.

The Germans quickly stacked up on  both side of the door. They went through final checks through their weapons and prepared themselves for the upcoming combat.

Rudolf holds his breath.

"Blow the charge!"

*Boom*

The blows open the doors wide open.

"Breaching! Breaching!" The point man yelled.

"GO GO GO!"

"Giants up ahead!"

"Form a line here and hold your fire until I order so."

As ordered the Germans quickly form a single line and aimed their weapons at the Giants those were now turning around towards them. The sound of the explosion and sudden surge a group of humans into the room was enough for their attention to be shifted from the Garrison's decoys towards them. The two Garrison soldiers quickly went back up after watching the Germans move in with a bang.

The Titans slowly began to advance towards them.

"Herr Leutnant they are getting too close." a nearly panicking soldier says as the Titans began to close the distance between them.

"let them get closer !" Rudolf says.

The Titans were now just a few meters away from them.

"Hold"

"Hold"

"FIRE!!!"

The room echoed with the crackling of the automatic gun fire directed towards the Titans face. The full metal jacket rounds punctured through the Titan's sturdy skin filling their faces with holes destroying their eyes blinding them. The German troops ceased their attack as the Titans bellowed in pain holding their shattered faces backing off steam rising up from their wounds which began to heal up very fast.

But before their eyes could regenerate to their full potential, the Cadet and Garrison soldiers lead by Hermann moved in for the kill from their flanks.

In a coordinated attack the six of the seven Titans weak points were struck and the fell dead on the ground, The seventh one's nape was missed by an inch and the attacking soldier which appears to a girl landed on the floor looking back to at the Titan now moving towards her with its hands raised to capture its prey.

"Pardon me.....for....suddenly....stabbing you...from behind..." she muttered backing away horrified.

"WATCH OUT!" Rudolf yelled at her as the Titan lurched towards her. But by sheer luck, she jumps out of the Titans grasp.

The Girl struck with fear was unable to move as the Titan got back to its feet and turned towards her. But before its hand to get her, Rudolf along with his whole squad opened up on the Titan with deadly accuracy. 5.56 rounds struck the Titan's face while more powerful 7.62 AP rounds from Han's machine gun hit its neck, puncturing through its skin and striking its vulnerable nape on its back.

The Titan stopped its movement and fell down on the ground dead just a few feet away from the fear stricken girl. Its whole face and the neck area is totally littered with holes.

Rudolf quickly ran towards her, placing his hands on her shoulders he asked

"Are you all right ?"

"You saved me!" She said frantically still on her knees holding on to his legs.

"Thank you! thank you so much!"

"Are you hurt anywhere?"

"I am safe, Thanks to you!"

Just then Mikasa joined in.

"If you are not hurt Sasha, then would you care to leave Lt. Rudolf's legs and stand up." She said in her normal emotionless expression.

"Sorry," Sasha said before standing up recomposing herself and presented a salute to Rudolf.

"Thank you, sir, for saving my life."

Rudolf noticed the different kind of salute the brown haired girl gave. Nonetheless, he thought of asking about it later and saluted her back in the one's common Earth military tradition.

"What's your name soldier ?" he asked.

"Cadet Sasha Braus from the 104th Cadet Corps, sir"

"Next time try to hit properly on the target." he advised her.

"I will try my best, sir."

"Very well, Dismissed."

She turns around and moves back along with Mikasa back to her friends waiting for her. Rudolf calmly watches the local soldiers celebrating their hard fought success, Though his unit played a major role but facing against those towering monsters with only swords and their steam punk Spiderman gear was commendable.

"Inform the command, we have taken the HQ." He ordered to his Radioman.

"Jawohl"

Not far from him he could hear Hermann yelling "We got them all!" to his soldiers those were now coming down through the elevator.

"Everyone stock up your supplies, we have the battle to win!"

The soldiers responded with a loud cheer. Soon the Garrison and Cadets began to restock their supplies and weapons.

About exactly 15 minutes later Rudolf's ears began to hear the unmistakable chopping noise of incoming helicopters.

"Herr Leutnant!, One of his man came running in. "The reinforcements are here!"

Without losing a single second he ran out into the courtyard and looked up to see a American SH-60 Seahawk hovering just over his head. The sight of this unknown flying machine had already put on many local soldiers on guard. The side doors were flung open and through the rappelling lines a squad of heavily armed marines landed on the middle of the courtyard. The Chopper flies off and is replaced by another Seahawk which also disgorges its troops on the ground and leaves.

"Lt. Rudolf ?" A Marine called out.

Rudolf came forward.

"Sir, I am Staff Sgt. Miller from the US Marines. I have heard you are need of some reinforcements." He said as he extended his hand.

Rudolf accepted his hand.

"Good to have to with us. Sgt."

"The pleasure is mine, my men were carving to blow some Giant's ass from the morning."

"What is the situation at the front ?"

"Sir, The 2nd Battalion comprising of elements from Royal Marines and the Indian army are to arrive at the breach in 15 minutes. They are bringing a Bridge Layer Tank with them courtesy of the Indians. As soon as the moats at the breach area are taken care of, The cavalry will be moving in and splattering these Giants naked asses on the ground with their cannons and under their wheels."

Rudolf let out a sigh of relief

"About damn time then," he said.

Trost, Wall Rose, 2nd UNEC Battalion

Lt. Col John Davis sat inside his BvS 10 Viking Command Variant. His eyes were on the screens. The maps have recently been updated, clearly showing the heavily forested area his Battalion is been moving through is cleared of any and all Giant/Titan presence. He sighed a sigh of relief. The Battalion was that much not well prepared to face a massive Titan horde on its own.

Consisting of four Royal Marines infantry companies along with their BvS 10 Viking All Terrain Armored Vehicle, their lighter Land Rovers, Jackals armed with 12.7 mm Machine guns and Grenade launchers and trucks loaded with supplies and troops, This unit can only properly engage the Titans in the close quarters combat.

The only armor unit they had enough to take out a Giant in a single shot was the T-72 Ajeya MK2 tanks from the Indian armored corps which had attached a single platoon and a T-72 BLT(bridge layer tank) with them. The BLT been specially requested by Col. Alistair from the 1st Battalion.

"Sir, we are about to reach the second wall. ETA 15 minutes." His XO informed him.

Following the route used and marked by the previous unit, the Battalion entered the open terrain. They were welcomed by the sight of the second massive wall and the crater filled land leading to the defenses set up by the 1st Battalion.

Moving through the battered land the 2nd Battalion enters the defensive perimeter stops right in front of the breach while been cheered upon by their American and Russian allies happy for their arrival.

On the other side, Davis could clearly hear the battle going on full swing.

He dismounts from his vehicle. Accompanied by his command staff he walks towards Col. Alistair who greets him with a salute and then a handshake.

"Glad you make it on time Davis." Alistair said.

"I am glad to be here rather than stuck on that ship." He replies.

Both the men chuckle on this comment.

"Come I will brief you on the situation."

Both the men and their entourage then gather around near the 1st Battalion makeshift HQ.

"The push deep into the city had been on the hold right now. Alpha and Bravo companies are on the defensive right now and are holding the line at these three locations." Alistair said as he pointed out the locations on the map on his Hardbook.

"We also have a German unit now reinforced by Marines from USS Kitty Hawk, are holding the center in this medieval castle. This according to the locals is the Military HQ of the city."

"Why haven't your forces relieved the castle till now ?" Davis asked.

"We could have but my battalion is running out of AT munitions. The LAVs are also reporting to be low on ammo and going forward without properly rearmed is suicidal." Alistair replied. "If not of your timely arrival I would have been bound to pull out of the city to cut our losses."

"I can understand." Davis replied.

Looking back at the map he quickly began replaying orders to his officers.

"The 1st Company will move on the center, the 2nd will reinforce the units in the inner city block and the Third will move to support the advance on the right flank. The Fourth will stay here as the reserve."

He turns towards Alistair. "Colonel I will be needing one of your Tank platoon attached to my Battalion for this operation."

"Affirmative." He replies and asks the Russian Captain to order on his Platoon attached to the 2nd.

"1st Warhammer Platoon will be joining you." Alistair informed.

"Magnificent," Davis said.

" Okay, Warhammer platoon will push from the center and the Killer Platoon will be moving in from the right flank. After slaughtering all those naked buggers we will all link up here at the local military HQ.

"Any questions ?"

"No, sir !" The Royal Marines, Indian and Russian officer replied in unison.

"Back to your posts then lads, we have a lot of to do today."

(10 minutes later)

"Alright, come on, this way!" An Indian engineer yelled as he directed the BLT towards the breach.

The BLT slowly crossed through the breach and stopped right in front of the moat. In a matter of a minute or two, a temporary bridge lay on the string of moats holding heavy armor from entering the city.

After the bridge was ready one by one Russian T-72tanks then the Indian ones crossed into the city, closely followed by the Royal Marines from the 2nd Battalion.

Trost, Bravo Company 1st UNEC Battalion

"Fire in the hole" A Marine yelled as he fired grenade through his rifle's under barrel grenade launcher.

"Boom"

The round hits a towering Titan at its shoulders. It was knocked a few steps back before began advancing again. Its wounds were healed up in just seconds.

The Marine quickly went through his vest searching for another round but was disappointed to find none.

"I am out of grenades ! " he yelled.

"We cannot hold them!" another panicking Marine yelled as he frantically fired a burst of rounds at the Giants.

The whole of Bravo company was out of AT weapons. The LAVs and Humvees were also low on ammo and the Marine squads were left with their rifles to deal with the monsters. Alpha company was also very fast burning up their ammo on the Titans.

The regeneration power and the sturdy skin of the larger giants was another factor why the push was halted again and now was being gradually pushed back towards the breach. The rifles and MGs weren't enough to take down a single Tier 1 Giant. The morale was also in all time low as well as losses began to rise up.

The Gunships arrival lifted a little pressure for the ground units but was not enough to stop the giants counter attack as a whole. From the recent reconnaissance images, all the remaining Giants in the city were now converging towards the Marines in the city. With the only option left was to fight or flight the Marines choose the former and dug in at their present location and waited for reinforcements.

"Shit! the gun has over heated." A Humvee Mounted MG gunner cursed as he opened his bottle and poured water on his gun's barrel to cool it down.

"We cannot stop them !"

"They are too many!!"

"Concentrate your fire at the neck of those Giants. We have to hold them here until reinforcements arrive." A Marine Sgt. Yelled trying to keep his men from panicking.

"These peashooters are useless." another Marine complained.

The Giants Disregarded the hell lot of amount of lead send towards them and kept on their advance getting dangerously closer to the Marines.

"Shit !, Men fall back we cannot hold......." The Sgt was about to order a withdrawal when he suddenly heard the rumbling of the oncoming armor support.

"Scratch that, we are staying the Reinforcements are here."

Two Russian made T-72s halted right behind the Marines.

A Russian officer emerged from his commander's hatch.

"You Americans get back, we are going to fire now." he said.

"You heard the man, Move out !" the Sgt ordered.

The Marines fell back behind the protection of the Tanks.

With friendly troops out of their way, the Tanks opened fire with their powerful 125mm guns. The Targeted Giant's weak spots were blown to smithereens and they tumbled down on the ground dead.

Warhammer Company 1st Platoon

As soon as 1st tank platoon was inside the city walls, Maksakov's tank in the lead made a beeline on the main road towards the center. Behind them were the Royal Marines from the 1st Company and their vehicles fully prepared to provide infantry support whenever needed.

The tanks rolled through the narrow and congested roadway in V formation and were able to arrive in the nick of time at the Bravo company's makeshift barricade which was about to collapse in the sight of the massive Giant horde.

The arrival of heavier armor boosted the morale of the beleaguered Marines. Reinforced by their British and Russian counterparts the line at the center was stabilized again and the horde was halted dead on its tracks.

"Target."

"T 1 Giant, dead front "

"Identified! Range sixty meters and closing!"

"Load Sabot"

"Fire!"

The Giant's head exploded as the round went through its head and was able to take down another two giants behind it.

"Three Targets down." The Gunner yelled in excitement.

"Great!" Maksakov exclaimed.

Looking through his periscope he saw the large horde was still advancing towards them.

"Target!"

"T1 Horde, front"

"Range fifty five meters and closing in!"

"Load Sabot."

"Loaded!"

He kept his graze at the closing Giants.

"Fire!"

"On the way!"

*BOOM*

The three tanks of the 1st platoon fired simultaneously cutting the horde of Giants at their front to shreds.

After the firing stopped. The horde that threatened the Marines some time ago were all but wiped out.

There were still those weak points weren't damaged and they began to regenerate their wounds.

Opening his commander's hatch Maksakov got out racked his turret mounted heavy anti aircraft machine gun and opened fire on the regenerating Giants still on the ground.

Soon he was joined by his fellow tankers firing from their respective tanks. The Royal Marines also swooped in to join the combat with their MGLs and Recoilless gun on the Giants.

After nearly ten to fifteen minutes of constant gunfire, no Giant was left to oppose them anymore.

After waiting for some time for massive bodies of the Giants to evaporate the center renewed their push towards the RV i.e the castle at the center of the city.

Trost, Bravo Company, 5th Platoon

"Tank Action Ready !"

"Back blast Clear?!"

"Clear!"

"Rocket! Rocket!"

A Warhead launched from the NLAW fired by a Royal Marine flies towards its target and impacts at the chest of the Giant. The blast was enough to blow a hole at its chest and knock it on the ground.

"Did we get that bastard ?!"

"Yes, I think we did." Looking at the motionless giant's body his squad mate replied.

"Man you people are life savers." A US Marines commented form their back.

"Hah, my Yankee friend as we British always say ' When to fear when we the British are here." He replied sarcastically.

"Colonization intensifies." A Marine joked from behind.

After a second of awkward silence, they all busted into laughter.

This conversation was clearly heard by 2nd Lt. Hector Nantz. If this had been a tensed combat situation with those freaks on top of them, he would have shoved that guy into the jaws of the Giant first.

But as per the present situation the area was clear of any Giant presence and he couldn't help himself to let out a small chuckle at the joke.

With most of the horde going towards the center and the far right flank. Very few came towards their path and they were quickly dealt with by the British AT teams.

The combined US and Royal Marines detachment began to move after the Recon reported the road towards the castle was wide open.

Trost, Wall Rose, 1st UNEC Battalion

Alistair stood beside his British counterpart Lt. Col John Davis inside his command tent set up just outside the wall. Both the men kept gaze upon their respective screens on recently updated images of the battlefield sent directly through a high flying drone up above the sky.

The Tanks on the center and right flank were obliterating any Giant on their path and were pushing slowly towards the castle. Troops from the Bravo and 2nd Royal Marines Company were also pushing hard through the middle. It was clearly visible the fight has now slowly turned into their favor.

But there was a single negative effect of their push. The Local Military HQ was on siege again. As the Giants began to assault the castle defenses the defenders were pushed back into the castle. The situation is dire. Even though air cover has been diverted towards the castle it appears if not relieved soon the castle might fall soon.

"How much time do our forces need to get to that castle ?" Alistair asked.

"Elements from Bravo and 2nd Company are to arrive at ETA 30 mins." Davis Replied

"Damn it."

Suddenly Alistair's Radioman received a startling report.

"Sir!" he called out drawing the attention of both the Commanders."Viper one reports the Local Military units have counter attacked from their side of the wall."

"What!" Davis yelled.

As the Drone passed over the rest part of the city it caught up several human level heart signs entering into the city through the gate and from the top of the wall.

"These people have guts. I give them that." Alistair commented in slight amazement.

"Aye, you are right." Davis states

'The fighting technique the locals use to counter the Giants was though unique and somewhat effective is suicidal. Because engaging a Giant in close and personal can be considered sheer madness. But when survival is at stake any way you find to counter the impending doom will be considered acceptable, and that these people did.' Alistair thought as in front of his eyes he could see the locals started engaging the scattered Giants around the gateway and began pushing deep towards the city.

Wall Rose, Garrison Division

(40 Minutes Earlier)

The Garrison troops were fully mobilized. As ordered by their officers they began to form up into their squads and waited for further orders from the above.

The morale among the troops was low and after the rumor of the operation to retake Trost circulated among the ranks the fear of being forced back into the city meeting a gruesome death made the already bad situation worse.

"I don't want to go back in there !" A panicked soldier yelled drawing the attention of other soldiers around him.

"A buddy pull yourself together." A fellow squad mate tried to calm him.

"I don't want to die!, Let me see my family!" he began to rant.

"You there! I heard you!" a senior officer came forward. "Are you saying you want to abandon your post ?"

"That's right!, This is nothing but a mass suicide!", its meaningless death!" he replied much louder than before.

"Have you respect for Humanity? For the cause? If I chose to, I will execute for your transgression this minute." The officer said as he drew his sword.

In response, the panicked soldier also drew his weapon.

"Go ahead.." he said. "It is a hundred times better than being eaten by a Titan."

"Stop it! What are you doing ?" His fellow squad mates try to hold him down.

"No!, let me go!"

"I won't go back there!"

The seeds of discontent among the ranks began to spread like a wild fire. Many began to plot in creating chaos and would leave in its wake. Many have already lost hope. But among them there were still few those who held their ground and believed in doing their duty till the end. There were even some those had built up faith in the capabilities of the outsider army combating inside the city, but their numbers were too few.

Arguments and fights began to break out among the soldiers trying to leave and the ones stopping them from deserting their post.

Commander Pyxis casually stood at the edge of the wall. Flanked by his officers and staff he prepared himself to brief his men on the upcoming operation.

He cleared his throat.

"ATTENTION!" rang out effectively halting any kind of activities going on the ground. The soldiers turned their heads towards the top of the wall to hear out what their commander was here to say.

"I shall now explain the plan to retake Trost. For this mission our objective is to support the Outsider force in the city and eradicate any Titan we find in our path to the Garrison HQ. From the information provided to me, the outsider army has now secured the breach as we speak and from the reports of the scouts not a single Titan has broken through their lines since. We will begin our own offensive in a three pronged attack on the Titans inside city under our sphere of operation."

"The Breach is sealed"

"Is it true."

Hearing this revelation the troops began to rally.

"Our brethren from the outside of the walls are holding their own against the Titans as we cower in fear in the face of the Titans. It is our time to join the fight and retake our city back !"

The soldiers raised their fists and weapons into the air. The ones moments ago were planning on deserting their post now joined up with the rest of their comrades in the preparation for the final battle to retake Trost and their pride as the Humans back.

(30 minutes later)

Ian Dietrich squad leader of the Elite squad was the first to leap from the top of the wall when he saw the green signal flare marking the start of the mission fly into the sky.

Unlike other units those were tasked with pacifying the city block by block of any Titan presence he was ordered to lead his squad straight towards the HQ. Secure it and rescue any stranded units in its vicinity. He also had specific orders to initiate contact with the outsider force and if possible get them into a coordinate their assets in support of the Garrison division operation.

Moving through the city blocks as fast they can, Ian was surprised to find the road leading to the HQ being devoid of any Titan presence. As they arrived at the outskirts of the HQ he could see where those Titans had gone. They were all around the Castle. The area was lit up by burning building and the loud chopping noises of the Outsider's flying machines raining hell upon the Titans. From the looks of it the defenders were in a tight spot, even with the support from those flying gizmos the Titans were breaking into the Castle walls.

He looks back at his squad.

"Mitabi take your men and flank from the left, Rico take the right flank, I will move in from the front."

The squad quickly split up into two groups as they moved in for the attack.

Trost, Naval Force Protection Battalion, German Navy

Rudolf breaks glass of a window through his rifle's butt and then leans outside aiming his weapon at a Giant below and opening fire. The bullets impacted onto the Giant's skull though not been able to do any damage it did drew its attention towards him which was busy trying to break into a room on the lower level. Raising its head it tried to reach out for Rudolf who sensing the danger backed off.

At the very moment a US Marine entered the lower room armed with a M32 MGL and unloaded a barrage of 40 mm grenade rounds to the bald Giant's face.

On the other side of the castle Hans kept up firing his MG on full auto at a incoming Giant's face. But suddenly his weapon jammed.

"Scheisse" He cursed.

"What?" his squad mate asked.

"Its jammed"

The Giant healed of its wounds drove straight for the room Hans was using. Noticing this they began to run out of the room but the Giant's big hands broke through its windows and grasped his squad mate as they tried to retreat.

"Nein!" Hans yelled dropping his jammed weapon he drew his side arm and opened fire.

But it nothing as his squad mate was pulled towards its mouth.

Certain of his probable fate the German didn't go silently.

"You want a piece of me you Verdammtes Monster" he yelled at the top of his voice and with his free hand pulled all the pins of grenades he had on his vest as he was about to be devoured by the Giant.

In a matter of seconds he was inside its jaws, its mouth exploded crippling the Giant.

Inside the Castle Mikasa and some of the Cadets held their own on any Titan that was able to cross through the main gate and into the courtyard.

The situations was getting worse when suddenly a squad of Garrison soldiers arrived at the spot and began cutting down Titans those were too close to the castle.

"Reinforcements, we got reinforcements" a Cadet shouted in joy.

Rudolf also saw the sudden arrival of the local troops. He also starred in amazement as they effectively cut down many Giants without breaking a sweat. Out from them his eyes caught up on a guy in blonde hair man whom he remembered as one of the officers he met during their initial insertion into the city.

Bringing up his radio. "All units local military reinforcements are here. We will move out of the castle and engage the enemy outside and support our allies. Over."

In a matter of minutes the German and US troops fan out of the castle door way and into the open engaging the Giants outside. They were followed by the Cadets and Garrison units taken refuge in the HQ.

As Rudolf fired last rounds from his magazine on a 10 meter Titan he ears suddenly caught up the unmistakable rumbling of a Tank's engine. The ground also shook by the powerful caterpillar tracks and its steel wheels.

Rudolf never thought he would be this much happy to see a Tank coming for his aid. The Tanks as soon as entering the intersection opened fire on a bunch of Titans coming from the left. Soon with the arrival of more reinforcements the area around the castle was cleared of any Titan.

Warhammer Company 1st Platoon

Masakov's Tank advanced through the narrow roadway leading towards the inner gate. After the Castle was cleared and secured the command ordered him to advance deep into the rest of the city and support the Local forces in clearing the remaining Giants in the area.

As his Tank advanced deeper into the city he could see several local military units curiously starring towards his vehicle. It was not only his armored vehicle that caught their attention but also the sight of the Royal Marines following him as infantry support.

"I feel like we are seen as some kind of an alien commander." His Gunner said who had just peeked out of his Gunner hatch.

"Da" Masakov replies.

After a few minutes they heard the loud stomping of feet of a Titan.

The Tank a right turn towards the source of that noise only to find a Giant walking towards them. Its mouth had stains of blood indicating it had just gobbled up a poor soul some minutes ago.

The quickly got back into their turret.

The gunner lased the target.

"Load Sabot!"

"Loaded."

"Contact Giant! Range 80 meters, Fire!"

"On the way!"

The Giant's neck exploded along with its nape as the Sabot round passed through it and lodged into a building behind it. It fell down on the ground dead and began to evaporate.

"And there goes the 17th one. Commander I think our crew got more kills than any other tank crew in our company today." He said with a satisfying smile.

"That means we get to have more Vodka to drink back at our camp today."

After likely a few minutes later his radio came to life.

"This is Yankee actual to all elements cease combat operations the city is secured. I repeat the city is secured. The Giant eradication operation is a success."

Both the Men looked at each other.

"Commander I think we got the last Giant with our gun."

"Da, we got the first as well as the last. When we get back the drinks are on me."

Trost, Wall Rose, 1st UNEC Battalion

Alistair places the radio back and sighs in relief. The Drone report arrived just minutes ago showing no major Giant level heat signs in the city.

"It is finally over" he said under his breath.

"Davis would you do the honours in informing the brass about the success of the operation ?"

"Gladly"

The troops began to celebrate outside with the news of the operation finally over. But the jubilation of victory was at a very high level on the side of the Local forces. According to them this was the first ever victory recorded in their history against their struggle against the Titans.

But for Alistair the most difficult part of this operation was about to begin. It was now time to count the numbers of brave souls he lost in this operation.

To be continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196 8 4
Two armies from 1942 find themselves in the AOT universe after disappearing from our world, via the Bermuda Triangle. Now will they set aside their d...
9.1K 217 17
NOTE THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE AOT TIMELINE OR MANGA. THIS IS SIMPLY A FANFIC CROSSOVER STORY BETWEEN GODZILLA AND AOT! I RECOMMEND PEOPLE 15+...
26K 373 12
Titans have ruled this planet for an millennium until humanity indirectly took the position as the dominant species of the planet. But what would hap...
8.8K 248 16
The Kaiju are monsters that were worshipped by humanity as gods. What the humans didn't know is that the Kaiju created the Devil species, monsters bo...