Medley :: Ishqbaaaz Short Sto...

By BlackManiacx

Medley - A Collection of Short Stories. This book contains various short stories based on Ishqbaaaz character... More

Introduction
Index
Dare Gone Wrong (ShivIka OS)
Part 1 : The Devil And His Mischief Maker
Part 2 : The Devil and His Mischief Maker
Part 3 : The Devil and His Mischief Maker
Not Really A One Night Stand (ShivIka SS)
Not Really A One Night Stand: Part 1
Not Really A One Night Stand: Part 2
Not Really A One Night Stand: Part 3
A Christmas 'Crisis': Part 1
A Christmas 'Crisis': Part 3
One Fine Night | ShivIka OS
A Blind Date - part 1
A Blind Date - part 2

A Christmas 'Crisis': Part 2

1.9K 303 95
By BlackManiacx

Anika nervously went around the house. Her room had been visited by a tornado, as expected. She looked at her wadrobe. It usually looked like a nest but right now it was all empty. Gauri wasn't here and Anika was slightly weak, on the dressing up department. To top it all she was not even receiving Anika's calls. Where was she when Anika needed her the most?

She looked at her phone. Shivaay could be here at any moment. Sighing, she decided to just be casual. His mistake he asked her so late.

Picking up a pair of black jeans and a red crop top to go with it (because it was Christmas!), she began combing her hair. Humming to herself, she walked out to the kitchen. Before she could, the bell rang. Her eyes widened as she realised how real all of it was. Quickly walking to the door, she opened it to find Shivaay there. He smiled at her warmly and Anika swore that did something to her insides. She was seeing him smile after so long. She automatically smiled back.

When he looked at her expectantly, she smiled sheepishly. "Can youwait for a few minutes? I'll need to clean the house a bit before I leave."

Shivaay shrugged and Anika let him inside, walking to her room. She turned to find Shivaay akwardly standing, looking around.

"You can sit, you know."

"I am used to people giving me a little more attention that that." Shivaay scoffed and sat on the couch making Anika grin.

---

Shivaay and Anika were now in his car, driving to a place Shivaay claimed was a 'surprise'.

There was an awkward silence, none knowing how to begin conversing. At one point, both finally gave in and spoke up, at the very same time.

"I am sorry!"

Shivaay looked at her for a split second before turning to the road again. "What are you sorry about?"

"You tell me, what brings Shivaay Singh Oberoi to a point where he is apologising to an employee."

Shivaay sighed. "If you've forgotten, we are not actually bound by our professions as of now. We are two acquaintances, for the lack of better term, spending Christmas together. You can stop taunting me about my work ethics."

"Okay fine. But do tell me, I am curious."

"The file that I gave to you on weekend-"

"Oh my God! You finally understood how wrong it is to ruin someone's weekend."

"No! The note that you found inside it."

Anika stiffened.

"I am so sorry you had to see that. Rudra had been upto his usual mischief. Decided that it would be fun seeing his brother asking someone out on a date."

On receiving no answer from Anika, he frowned.

"I could feel the sarcasm in your 'yes, why not!' I should have been careful."

"Well you should know, I didn't write that reply on my behalf."

"Sorry what?"

"I thought Tanya was asking you out on a date so I-"

"Wow, I am not sorry anymore. I just wonder how I am surrounded by the weirdest people in my life."

"Tell me, you aren't taking me out for dinner because of that note, are you?"

Shivaay rolled his eyes. "No. I told you earlier. Two loners spending Christmas together."

Anika nodded and they fell into silence once again.
Minutes later, Shivaay stopped the car at a rather quiet road and Anika looked at him curiously. "Murdering me, Mr. Oberoi?"

He got out of the car wordlessly and Anika followed, catching upto his step as he locked the car. "Where are we going?"

"To one of my most favourite diners."

Anika nodded and walked by him, taking a look at the surroundings. Mumbai wasn't exactly known for it's quietness so she was pretty excited at seeing such a deserted place, glittering with fairy lights from one tree to another. Lamps bright and Christmas decorations, this felt like a different place altogether.

Smiling to herself, she took in tiny details even pointing a few out to Shivaay who only smiled fondly.

When they turned to a secluded alleyway, Anika's confusion was back. "Where exactly is the diner?"

As an answer, she heard soft music playing. They seemed to be walking towards it and just around the corner, Anika gasped. It looked like an entirely differeny world. The alley ended in a short distance and on their right was a short but huge building, brightened. It was red and green and white and Anika looked on with amazement as they walked towards it.

"This is so beautiful." Anika's voice was soft as she marvelled at the place.

"You like it?"

She tirned to look at Shivaay who had his hands in his pockets, looking at her expectantly. When she grinned at him, he smiled and seemingly relaxed.

"An all you can eat buffet. Their food is delicious." Shivaay explained as they moved to the gates. They were automated and when Anika walked in, a blast of warm air hit her before the inside came into view. It looked even more livelier. There were few people but the music and movement, the bells, the candy canes, it was everything Christmas was for Anika.

"I am so jealous that you've been visiting them for so long and I come to know about them only today." Anika looked at him with a pout making him grin.

Before they could move ahead, a girl, in her teens, Anika guessed, came in front of them with a huge smile.

"Look who's here! Shivaay Bhaiya!" She took him in a hug and he stumbled but laughed. Anika looked at them in awe. This was turning into more of a dream. She had never seen Shivaay smile so carefree, at least not in front of her. When the girl saw Anika, her eyes glinted.

"Oh my my, he's even got a date! I am going to tell this to everyone!" With that, she ran to what it looked like the kitchen levaing behind an awkward Shivaay-Anika.

"Don't mind her, she is a bit crazy."

Anika nodded, smiling at him. "She seems to love you."

"Well, that won't be a lie."

Before Shivaay could explain himself, an older man came in their view, smiling at them.

"I must say, I realise why Shivaay finally found a girlfriend in you." He chuckled as he took Anika's hand and placed a kiss at the back.

Anika's cheeks flushed red as she looked at Shivaay for help.

"Come on, do you think I will ever get a girlfriend?"

"Don't tell me you have a pretty lady by your side and you are here for business on Christmas." he narrowed his eyes at Shivaay who raised his hands in mock surrender.

"It's a friend. Decided to show her what your pizza tastes like."

Anika looked at him with a raised eyebrow. When did they become friends? The man walked away and she asked him the same making him shrug.

"Woukd you rather I tell them we are on a date?"

That shut Anika up for a while and she looked around the place, also sighing at the delicious aroma that filled her nostrils.

"I am neber regretting saying yes to this idea of spending tonight with you. Damn, this place is so gorgeous."

"Wait till you have the food." Shivaay grinned.

"So, how did you find this place?"

"I didn't to be honest. It was all Om's doing. He has the perfect eye for art."

Anika nodded. "Om is?"

"My brother." Shivaay explained and fished out his phone, quickly switching it on and handing it to Anika.

"The one with the long hair is Om, the one with the biceps is Rudra and-"

"The one with that smile is you?"

Anika looked at him with an impressed look while Shivaay frowned. "Of course it is me. I took it only recently so you can't say I am not recognizable."

"But you realise you hardly smile, right?"

Shivaay frowned. "It's not that. Just that you being around doesn't give me a reason to smile."

"Haww!" Anika frowned and kicked him under the table making him gasp.

"Excuse me. Just because I am buying you food doesn't mean you can now kick me. I am still Shivaay."

"And I still don't care." Anika winked at him.

They looked up to find the man again. "The food will be served in a while. You guys should dance, you know? It's a Christmas thing here." He smiled cheekily making Shivaay amd Anika look at each other awkwardly.

"To be very honest, you can dance with me young lady. Shivaay is stuck up anyway." He forwarded his hand which Anika gladly took, being led to the dance floor.

As they danced, he explained how Shivaay had helped them in their lowest phase of business, helped the restaurant be the way it was now. She smiled and looked around to findShivaay dancing with the girl from a while back.

"Honestly, the Shivaay you guys know and the Shivaay I know are so different." Anika giggled.

"Well, consider yourself lucky that Shivaay let you in on this side of his. Afterall, for the world he is a five star only businessman."

Anika nodded and looked on, a few other guests ahd begun dancing, two young couples, and old man and his wife, two siblings.

"Your diner has such a happy mood. I am sure it is the only thing that has his mood this way." Anika shrugged. He shook his head in defeat and left her, taking Shivaay's place who took his. Anika watched the father-daughter duo head back to rhe kitchen and turned to Shivaay who was looking at her in amusement.

"I swear I have never seen you smiling so much." Surprisingly, it was Shivaay who said that making Anika frown.

"Are you talking about yourself?"

"I might be that way in office but you have been such a grinch since college."

Anika whined in protest. "I am a happy person."

"But you don't look happy to people around you."

"I am not happy for people. I am happy for myself."

"But you can make the world jealous by one smile." Shivaay winked and Anika threw her head back in laughter.

"Damn. Did you have some shot ls before showing up at my house?"

"Maybe. Liquid courage to sustain a dinner with the Grinch."

Anika shoved at his chest and looked around.

"Do you think she will say yes?"

"Sorry what?"

Anika gave a pointed look to one of those couples. "The guy is planning on proposing her, I can tell."

"Kuch bhi." Shivaay scoffed.

"What if he does?"

"I don't know. I mean he might."

Anika smirked. "You are smart enough to not take up a lost challenge."

Shivaay chose to not answer that. When they were done, the music paused and they looked around them to find everyone looking at them eagerly.

"What?" Shivaay asked the little girk who pointed just above their heads making both of them look up at the same time. Green leaves and a red ribbon.

---

I am waiting to see what you guys think of this. Merry Christmas to all of y'all.

BlackManiacx :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 18.8K 64
it's a story of circumstances marriage where shivaay n anika understand themselves n start there marriage life
27.2K 3.1K 20
Just another crazy story, based on a few one shots I wrote almost two years ago lovable couple Shivika watching Narbhi and Ishqbaaz with parallel lov...
Ishqbaazi By

Fanfiction

122K 6.4K 41
Its all about the love stories of shivika, rikara, ruvya.......how all tackles all problems that comes in their life. The main one is Shivika but sli...
85.2K 8.4K 61
Started: May 2, 2018 Ended: June 12, 2020 Status: Complete Editing: In process Description: This story is based on 2 couple shivika and avneil from...