Perfectly Flawed (re-writing)

By booklovertash

#4 in General Fiction- Alex has not had the easiest life. After losing the love of his life he was forced to... More

Perfectly Flawed
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Editing
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
News
Major changes

Chapter 3

64K 1.7K 40
By booklovertash

Chapter 3-edited  

Monday morning came around far to quickly for Alex as he struggled to get himself and Aiden ready. He was running on time for once. Aiden's bag was packed, he was dressed and ready, everything was organised, until Aiden decided he wanted to play games this morning.

"Come on Aiden, please come here." Alex watched as his son ran around the room with no bottoms on. Alex sat on Aiden's bed holding his pull-up as the little boy ran around in the nude.

"Aiden now!" Alex's stern voice caused Aiden to stop and look at his father. Aiden the little monkey he was stuck his tongue out at his father before his bare bottom retreated out of the room.

"Aiden get back here." Alex yelled as he ran after his sons naked behind.

"Daddy catch me." Aiden ran down stairs as Alex chases after him.

"Aiden I do not have time." Alex caught up to his son, picking him up and putting his pull-up on.

"No Daddy." Aiden yelled as Alex puts on his pants and shoes. Alex put Aiden on the floor and he starts taking off his shoes and pants.

"Aiden no." Alex yelled causing Aiden to start crying. He didn't have time to comfort Aiden as Alex grabbed their bags before heading out the door with a crying Aiden in tow.

"No Daddy." Aiden yelled again as he digs his heels in not wanting to go.

"Aiden Daddy is going to be late for work please don't do this, this morning." Aiden started crying louder which caused his neighbours to look at them as they load their own kids into the car.

Alex let go of Aiden who went to run inside while he put their bags into the car. Alex stopped and watched Aiden for a second as he cried in front of the door before walking over to him frustrated.

"Let's go." Aiden started kicking around as Alex picked him up. Alex then went to strap Aiden into his car seat before getting in himself. Aiden was still screaming and he pulls out of their street. Alex looked in his mirror to see Aiden red faced and frustrated.

"Come on buddy please stop crying." This just causes Aiden to scream even louder.

"Aiden can it already!" Alex slammed on his breaks honking his horn at the person who just cut him off. Aiden stopped screaming and his crying turns into sniffles. Alex managed to get to Aiden's day-care without too much trouble and quickly got Aiden out the car who had finally calmed down.

Alex quickly signed Aiden in before he started crying and he would have no choice, but to take him to work with him.

"Ok Aiden I need to go. I love you buddy and I will be back soon." Alex kissed Aiden's head walking away before he can start crying again. Alex quickly got into his car before taking off to work. Alex arrived at work and sighed when he saw he was on time for once. As Alex got into the lift he cannot help, but feel like he is missing something.

When he gets to his floor he grins when he see Andria sitting at her desk.

"Someone owes me lunch for a month." Alex laughed as Andria groaned.

"How the hell did you win? I always win." Alex laughed as he makes his way into his office.

"Alex I need you in my office this instant." Phillip grunts causing a soft sigh to escape his lips. Alex quickly grabbed his notes before heading to Philip's office.

"Did you get the files?" Philip asked the moment Alex walked into his office.

"Sorry what file." Alex watched as Philip's face slowly started to turn red and he knew he is going to be in so much trouble.

"The goddam file I asked you to pick up this morning. I work with a bunch of retards, first I come in to find my assistant has taken off, then you tell me you forgot the file. Fix this Alex or you might walk away jobless today." Philip threw a file across the room and Alex quickly left leaving the devil to his thoughts.

The moment Alex left the office he walked over to Andria who was sorting out files.

"I need to know what file Braxton is talking about because I didn't get no message about picking up a file." Andria frowns because she swore she sent Alex a message.

"Have you checked your phone? I sent you a message this morning that you needed to pick it up before the meeting today." Alex swears as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I didn't get a bloody message Andria. Fix this." Alex stormed into his office slamming the door on the way.

Andria blinked a few time before she quickly messaged one of the other staff members to pick up the file as quick as possible.

Lunch time rolled round and Alex was so submersed into the piles of paper sitting on his desk that he missed lunch and worked right through to the afternoon.

"Alex can you get me Head of production up." Philip asked through the phone and Alex sighed wondering what the man was grumpy about know. Alex phoned production who said they would be right on up.

"Mr Braxton I have Isaac here from production." Alex called through the room as he opened up the door to revel a red faced Philip and a poor young bloke who looked like he was about to burst into tears.

"Good take a seat and Alex for the love of god can you please find me a new assistant that will last longer than a week. I have shit piling up and no one to look after it." Alex grinded his teeth together knowing what an impossible task Philip has left him. No one would last with that man's temper.

"Sure no problem." Alex couldn't help, but let his sarcasm steep through his words. He turned on his heels and left Philips room before walking over to Andria's desk and plonking himself down before sighing.

"What wrong Alex?" Andria asked in a bored tone.

"I need to find Philip a new assistant." Even Andria couldn't help, but cringe at the impossible task. Andria knew that Alex could handle managing an excellent pitch, but finding a willing assistant for Braxton was a different task altogether.

"You don't happen to know anyone would you?" Alex looked over to Andria who happened to be smirking.

"Why in fact my sweet and loving boss I happen to have a friend who would be able to handle Mr Braxton." With Andria's goading tone he knew that she wanted something.

"What do you want?" Alex said while rolling his eyes.

"Why would I want anything Alex, I just want to help my kind and loving boss." Alex screwed up his nose at her sweet, sickling tone.

"Cut crap Andria you want something." Andria kept smirking knowing that her plan was going to work like a charm.

"I may or may not have promised a friend of a friend that I would set her up on a blind date with a co-worker of mine." Andria bit her lip innocently as she watched Alex about to blow up.

"Rack off, no way in hell am I going on another one of your blind dates that you and my sister seem to keep setting up for me. The last person you set me up with wouldn't stop touching me when I took her out to dinner and insisted we go back to her place for some special time." Andria couldn't help, but laugh as she remembered Alex's distressed face the next day at work.

"Please I promised my friend I would set up a friend of hers with a co-worker. Plus if you don't do this for me then I won't find you an assistant for Braxton." Alex grunted as he stood up as he started pacing, gripping his hair. He didn't have time for dates.

"This is extortion." Andria laughed at how distressed Alex looked.

"I am told she is a lovely women. She is 25 years old and she is a lawyer or aspiring to be one " Frustrated with everything that had happened today Alex has no choice, but to agree because he knew if he didn't find Philip a new assistant soon thing around here were going to become very tense, and the last thing he wanted to do was bring home his work frustrations and take them out on Aiden.

"Fine, but this person you are getting in better be bloody good. I am going to have to find Aiden a babysitter." Alex mummers to himself as he walks back to his office to finish off his days' worth of work. When 4 o'clock came around Alex packed up his belongings getting ready to go home. As he walked out he stopped by Andria' desk who passed him a piece of paper.

"This is her number her name is Susan and I booked you both reservations at Chanute for this Friday at 6 so you will head there after work." Sighing Alex slipped the paper into his pocket as Andria smirked.

"Oh and Alex I contacted my friend and they start tomorrow." Alex rolled his eyes at Andria as he entered the lift. While he waited for the lift to take him to the car park Alex undid his tie and rolled up his shirt sleeves. Alex tilted his head side to side getting rid of the kinks in his neck caused from a busy day at work knowing that his day was far from over. Alex got into his car and made the trip back home to pick up Aiden.

By the time Alex pulled up to Aiden's day-care he was more than ready to have a shower and go to bed. He grudgingly got out of the car and walked up to the day care.

Alex opened up the door and smiled at the desk lady as he signed Aiden out. He opened up the gate and smiled when he saw Aiden playing with the building blocks. It was like Aiden could sense him and looked up from what he was doing with a big smile on his face.

"Daddy." Alex bent down and scoped his son into a big hug.

"Hey little man." Alex kissed the top of his son's head, before putting him back down onto the floor.

"Daddy look what I do." Alex watched in amusement as Aiden ran to his bag and pulled everything out. Alex shook his head looking at the mess he had to clean up. Aiden ran back to his dad shoving paper up at him.

Alex grabbed the papers and look at the painting Aiden painted.

"These are awesome little man, but how about we put them back so we can get home." Aiden nodded his head enthusiastically as he put everything back into his bag. While Aiden did that Alex went over to talk to his teacher.

"How was he today?" Michelle looked at Alex and smiled.

"He was good. We had a few troubles when you left, but once he got playing everything was fine." Michelle watched as Aiden put everything back into his bag. She knew things weren't easy for Alex and Aiden, and she couldn't help, but admire how well Alex is doing with raising Aiden alone.

"That's good and he was ok with interacting with other children?' Michelle nodded her head as Aiden ran over to them.

"Daddy ready." Alex grabbed Aiden's bag slinging it over his shoulder before picking him up.

"Ok know say goodbye to your teacher's."

"Goodbye teachers." Michelle and the other day-care teacher's laughed at how cute Aiden was.

"Bye Aiden and be a good boy for daddy tonight and we will see you tomorrow." Alex waved the teachers goodbye and he loaded Aiden into the car who was falling asleep.

However the moment they got home it was like Aiden found a new sense of energy that kept Alex running around the house trying to keep up with the very energetic kid. By the time he got Aiden to bed Alex was about to collapse on the floor. He had no idea where the kid got his energy from, but he felt old trying to keep up, even though he was only 24.

Sighing he rang up his brother asking if he could look after Aiden for his date on Friday.

"Sure man just drop him round on the way through I will be more than happy to look after him." His brother said on the other end.

"I was wondering if you could look after him at my place. I know I am asking for a lot, but I don't want to come all the way over to your place to pick him up." Damien sighed looking at his wife who was sitting next to him.

"You won't mind if I crash at your place then." Alex grinned as he leaned back into the couch.

"That is fine. I will set up the spare bedroom are you sure Jade doesn't mind." Alex knew what Damien's wife could be sometimes. Lovely lady, but she could bust any man's balls.

"She said it is fine, but you owe her one." Damien couldn't help but chuckle when he heard his brothers sigh.

"Fine. I will see you Friday." Alex hung up leaning his head back onto the couch. Closing his eyes he imagined what his life would be like if it was different, but he couldn't. He couldn't imagine a life without Aiden and he couldn't imagine a life that wasn't busy.

Alex rubbed his eyes knowing that the only thing he know had to worry about was this date on Friday and god help him if the women turned out to be a nut case like the last one.

*****

Hey everyone. I hope you are still follow. Things will start to pick up know that we get a feel for what Alex's life is like. So I hope you all enjoy.

Remember to vote and comment but more importantly remember to share the story and tell Friends about it. Thanks

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 2.6K 20
Started- April, 6 2019 Completed- June 17, 2019 Status- completed and editing. How would you feel when your normal life take a huge u-turn and put yo...
252K 7K 53
What could possible break two people apart that gave up everything to be with each other? For Amira and Mason there's two things. An unforgettable d...
1M 20.5K 55
After her dad died and brother went missing she has always felt empty inside. Sofia and her daughter, Sienna have finally got the chance to escape fr...
49.7K 1.5K 25
This is a story of Ivan kingsmore and Hazel Woods . Ivan kingsmore (34) a billionaire business man , father of two kids is looking for a nanny who c...