Charlotte's Battle - Jason's...

By reneesmee461

Charlotte was only ten years old when her life changed beneath her. Her body had seemed to just fall apart an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - Jason's POV
Chapter 21
Chapter 22 - The Wedding Part 1
The Wedding Vows
Chapter 22: Part 2
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Authors Note

Chapter 36

275 2 0
By reneesmee461

\\\Thank you so so so so much MiatheSnakeHybrid for being apart of this amazing creation! ///

Jason:
After the funeral was over, everyone was silent. He just stood there as he looked at the gravestone , a soft sigh escaped his lips as he walked away from it and headed towards his car. Jess had went to his parents house for the after-party and he wanted to stop somewhere before. He was going to stop at the bookstore. He headed to his car and got in, turning it on and beginning to pull out of the parking lot. His phone was buzzing in his pocket, not knowing who it was. He received a text message,
"Hey, its Cherry. I can't make it to the after-party. But I'll be at your house for sure. I just have to deal with a few...issues here at home. Please...do not panic when I enter your home if I have a few bandages. Well, see you then."

He was stopped at a light when he read the message, a soft sigh left his mouth as he tossed his phone to the other side of the car, not upset at Cheryl. He needed some time to think. He couldn't stop thinking of the last few minutes Charlotte was alive. He didn't even go to the after-party. He went straight home after getting the book his sister wanted him to read.

Jason stepped inside of his apartment, setting his bags down and flopping on the couch. He left his phone on the counter in the kitchen and eventually dozed off on the couch.

~~~

Jessica:
Jess walked into their apartment carrying their sleeping daughter in the carrier. She set her softly on couch and looked at her husband. Gently kissing his cheek, she shook his shoulder to try and wake him up. "Jason..."

Jason:
A soft groan left his lips as he opened his eyes and tried to stretch. "Mm, what... I was sleeping." He mumbled sleepily as he looked up at Jess.

Jessica:
"I know that...but why are you asleep? Why weren't you at the after-party?..." She crossed her arms and looked down at him, concerned as to why he never showed up to something that had seemed to important to him.

Jason:
He sighed as he slowly sat up, beginning to tear up. "I couldn't... I couldn't do it. I just- I don't know why. She had me go to the library, or the bookstore and I got this book." He held it in his hand as he set it down on the coffee table and held his head as tears began forming in his eyes. "I-I'm sorry. I couldn't...."

Jessica:
Sympathetically, she sighed and sat down next to him. She hugged her husband and rubbed his back. She hated seeing him cry but could understand why he was. Kissing his cheek, she heard the doorbell ring. She stood up. "I'll be right back..."
She walked over to the door and opened it, smiling at the person on the other side.
"Ah, Cheryl...welcome to our...Oh my goodness....Y-Your arms are..."

Cheryl:
Cheryl looked up st the concerned wife and shook her head. "Don't worry...its nothing severe..."
Her arms were covered in bandages that had slight red blotches along the sides that appeared to be blood. This was honestly normal and she couldn't feel the pain of the cuts anymore.

Jason:
He stood up as he went to the door and looked at Cheryl. "At least... let me help you, Jess has to get Alexis ready for bed. So it'll be just me." He said as he looked down slightly, holding his hand out for her. "Please... just let me help." He wished there was more he could do to help her. He felt useless just sitting there.

Cheryl:
A soft sigh escaped her lips and she gently placed her hand in his. Jess had walked out of her vision when she went into another room. Cheryl looked up at Jason. "Not much you can really do...I've done what I can to patch them up...so unless you have some sort of miracle. I don't know how you can really help..."
She hadn't meant for it to come off as harsh but it was the truth.

Jason:
He frowned and gently moved his hand to examine the wounds. "Let me at least bandage them better. Maybe put a cute cover over them? I mean, we have to try something." He was unsure of what to do and all he wanted to do was help her. All he's ever done in his life is help people; he couldn't stop now. He was so used to this part of life that he never realised how overprotective he was. He glanced at her arms again before realising he was being a bit too... overprotective. He backed off and let go of her arm before looking down nervously. He closed his eyes before rubbing his head. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be so.. protective. I guess I'm just used to it is all..." he sighed as he smiled slightly.

Cheryl:
"Its...fine. I honestly like it when people are overprotective of me...No one usually is so, it's nice. Um...I guess it would be nice to get these bandages re-wrapped. I'm not very good at it..."
Looking at him in the eyes, she smiled softly and started to remove the old wrappings so that they could be replaced and wrapped around her wounds properly.

Jason:
He chuckled lightly before smiling at her and gently guiding her to the bathroom down the hall. "Alright... so first, we should clean them again, just in case." He started, looking down at the sink as he kneeled down and opened the drawers. He looked through them and pulled out the gauze and ace wrap.

Cheryl:
Her cuts began to burn. Geez. That woman had long nails and sharp ones at that. The cuts were long and red, but luckily not deep. They began to bleed again and she felt a bit nauseous. Blood had never been her strong suit. It was one of the things that bugged her the most. Looking away from her arms, she tried to find something else in the room to not think about the blood that would possibly make her vomit.

Jason:
He was careful as he cleaned each individual scrape and cut on her arms. He gently dried them off and placed the gauze over before wrapping her left arm with an ace wrap after placing the gauze. He sighed softly, knowing what this was. Of course, he wouldn't ask, but he didn't. He watched as the blood oozed from the right forearm. He quickly grabbed some gauze and covered it, setting the ace bandage down. "Okay, I need you to move over the sink."

Cheryl:
Nodding, she quickly walked over to the sink while making sure no blood got on the floor. As soon as she was over the sink, she again looked away. The feeling of nausea overcame her again and she shuddered, face going pale.

Jason:
He carefully turned the sink on and ran some water over her right arm. He gulped slightly as he quickly went and grabbed some gauze, wrapping it tightly with the bandage. "Alright. How are you doing?" He asked as he looked at her in the mirror, then noticed the pale tinge to her face. "Are you nauseous?" He tilted his head.

Cheryl:
"I-I'm fine...blood just...b-bugs me a lot..." She nodded, reassuring herself that she would be okay.

Jason:
He looked at her again and nodded, sighing softly. "Alright. If you say so." He mumbled, finishing the bandage. "Looks like you're good to go now."

Cheryl:
Looking at her arms, she turned them to get a better look at his handiwork. She smiled and looked up at him. "Thank you...really...and I'm sorry if you have to deal with me and my problems..."

Jason:
He smiled at her, gently patting her shoulder. "Don't worry about it... You shouldn't apologize. It's not your fault... I'm always here for you, okay?" He told her as he looked into her eyes. He closed his eyes for a moment.

He looked down at his sister and sighed as he kneeled down and began examining her scraped up knee. She had been riding her bike without the training wheels and she lost her balance and fell over because she couldn't control the bike. He hated seeing his sister hurt so he picked her up and looked at the small marks that covered his sisters shin and knees. "Ah don't worry little one. Your big brother is one of the best first aid members ever." He chuckled before helping her up and slowly pulling the bike beside him and into the garage. "Now let's get you cleaned up." He said as his sister followed behind him up to their bathroom. He sat her down on the counter as he looked through the drawers. He pulled out some alcohol wipes and some Hello Kitty band-aids. He smirked slightly before peeling the bandaids and sticking them on the edge of the counter. He then proceeded to clean up her 'battle' wounds. He placed the band-aids over the bigger sized wounds. "All good now."

He glanced at himself in the mirror before coughing slightly. "A-Alright. L-let's go." He seemed a bit down and teary eyed.

Cheryl:
Looking at him, she seemed a bit concerned. She touched his shoulder softly.
"Jason...are you alright?...You look like you're about to cry..."
Looking into his eyes, her own held a look of care and concern. The light blue that was bright with joy was now dull with sorrow.

Jason:
He blinked and wiped his eyes. "Y-Yeah I'm f-fine." He mumbled, looking down at his hands. "I've been having a lot of flashbacks... about my sister and I think I might have to see a psychiatrist or something..." he murmured the last part to himself.
"I don't think you do...It's normal for one to have flashbacks of someone they've lost. Trust me...I know.." She smiled and tilted her head. "Do you...wanna talk about they're about?..I've found its it's always helped me..."

Jason:
He gulped slightly before shaking his head. "N-not right now. It's just... not a good idea." He mumbled, wrapping his arms around himself nervously.

Cheryl:
"Alright...um..Maybe later then. It isn't good to keep those feelings pent up.." Smiling again, she looked back down at her bandages. and the she heard her phone go off. Sighing, she was really dreading to even go near the cellular device. So, she did her best to ignore it.

Jason:
He glanced at her and smiled. "I'm not worried about it right now." He sniffed, wiping his eyes again before turning to walk out of the bathroom. "I hope I'm being a good friend though." He said as he looked down at the book on his bed.

Cheryl:
"You are...I promise...Hey, Jason...can I tell you something?.."
She followed him out and kept her eyes on him. Her cheeks were slightly flushed at her thoughts and her heart raced, making her stomach twist in a knot. Why was she feeling like this? She shouldn't be. He's to old for her and married with a kid. It's wrong and she didn't like it one bit..

Jason:
He took a moment before looking at her. "Yes?" He turned to face her. He fiddled with his sweater for a second before sitting down on his bed. He had too many thoughts on his mind and he couldn't think. All he knew is that Cheryl was like a sister to him at this point. He just stared at the carpet before looking back up at her.

Cheryl:
She bit her lip softly and then shook her head a little, looking away. "N-Nevermind....I'm gonna um...go work on a class project...do you have any empty rooms that I could use so I won't be a bother to anyone?..."

Jason:
He stared at her for a moment before hesitating. "Um... Cheryl you're not a bother. I hope you realize that." He said as he guided her towards the room next to Charlotte's room. "This is the guest room." He said.

Cheryl:
Walking in, she looked around and smiled softly. "This is perfect...Thank you Jason...~"
She smiles up at him and walked in.

Jason:
He gave a small smile and slowly moved towards the room. He stood at the door and looked around, biting his lip slightly as he saw all of the medical equipment still set up. He looked down at the carpet, seeing the pink furry carpet at the end of the hospital-like bed. He sighed softly as he looked at the IV pole and all of the sets of plastic drawers with medical equipment. He didn't have the courage to step inside of the room. He just stood there by the door and stared at the equipment in the room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

178K 6.3K 29
Charlotte sat there unmoving, tears falling down her cheeks. She could not do anything as she watched her sisters casket go down into the ground. She...
18.5M 2.1K 7
***Please note that this book has been taken down because it's been published, and you can see only the sample chapters of the published version. Yo...
8 0 4
Hot shot is five years old. He lives with his parents Heatwave and Quickshadow. They live in Fort Worth Texas together. Hot shot is a highly active l...
12 0 7
Hot shot is an active and playful five year old. He lives with his parents Heatwave and Quickshadow. His father is a firefighter and his mother is a...