Spotlight Rivals

By Victoria_Swift13

Sixteen year old,Jane Victoria Swift has the life of a star, being the daughter of the famous Taylor Swift. S... More

Prologue
Chapter 2: The Confession
Chapter 3: Sleepover?

Chapter 1: Jake Valore Sheeran

71 7 2
By Victoria_Swift13

Spotlight Rivals

Chapter 1

Author's Note

Sorry for the long update! I've been busy AND out of ideas, so took me a while to compose a proper story! So here's your very first chappie!

---------------------------------------

Victoria's P.O.V

"I run my fingers through your hair and watch the lights go wild".

I looked the crowd standing before me.

"Just keep on keeping your eyes on me just wrong enough to make it feel right".

My guitar perfectly matched the notes of the song.

"And lead me up the staircase won't you whisper something slow, I'm captivated by you baby like a firework show".

I dropped my guitar, letting it hang from my back from it's strap.

"Drop everything now, meet me in the pouring rain", I started clapping along to the beat.

"Kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain".

"'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile".

"Get me with those green eyes baby as the lights go down".

"Give something that'll haunt me when you're not around".

" 'Cause I see, sparks fly, whenever you smile".

"And the sparks fly, oh, baby smile, smile, and the sparks fly, oh".

Everyone cheered. I bowed and got off the stage. I hugged my friends.

"That. Was. Awesome!" my friends shouted.

I put a finger to my lips, making an alerted face.

We all giggled. I could hear the principal introducing the next band, The Glee?

We all laughed as we heard the band name. So far there had been no competition for us. Yet. We were joining the Local Band Competition.

The best bands were competing for the Best Local Band title. It isn't much but at least it was something. But since our moms or dads are like superstars, were in it to WIN. The Glee were singing, Don't Stop Believing, by well, Glee.

Our band's name is Victoria's Secret. Well because of me, of course. I started the band, I was the leader of the band and I had many hidden secrets about my life so it became the band name. Then I heard the familiar cheer of the cheerleader girls.

Well you would say, what's so special about cheerleader's cheers? The thing is they only cheer like that only if there was a hot guy or free chocolate cake. Seriously, they LOVE chocolate cake. I guess they're diet is a bit special to be able to mantain that good shape. I peeked through the curtains to find The Glee done and packing. Huh? Then the principal started introducing the last band. I smirked. No challenges. It was obviously OUR win.

I was really proud, until I saw HIM. The principle was saying,"The last but not the least, is our, Beerkley's Music Schools's new band. The Bad Boys!" he shouted. The Bad Boys?Really? I snorted at their band name. As I was about to go back to my friends, the principle started introducing their band members. His name caught my attention.

"Getting to win this, their band gets a scholarship, to Beerkely Music School. Their band leader, the son of a famous singer, Jake Valore Sheeran!". I froze.

Sheeran.

Jake.

It's HIM.

Why him?! No,no,no! Of all people HIM. We had a rough history that I do NOT want to go through! "Any few words Jake?" the principal asked him. I peeked through the curtains again. Jake scratched the back of his head, looking quite nervous. I couldn't help but smile at his discomfort. He took the microphone from the principal and nodded a thanks. He then turned to the crowd.

"Well, this my first time performing here. It's a nice place, I really like being here. I'm Jake Valore Sheeran. The son of, well the guy who sings I See Fire, in The Hobbits.Ed Sheeran.Yeah. Uhm.......I just want to say thank you dad, for supporting me all the time and that I hope I'll be as good as you someday, and also special thanks to my dad's bestfriend, Taylor Swift. Ms.Swift's daughter Jane Victoria Swift-", I growled at him" have been a good friends over the years of my childhood and seeing her now refreshens old memories.

And I'd have to say remember, I'm not THAT good as her". I flinched as I heard him say that. I can't believe he was actually aittimg that I was better than him. I decided to watch him, you know in case we ever had to become enemies. Wait no. My mom never says ENEMY. She uses, what's the word again? Oh right RIVALS. If we ever had to be RIVALS.

I slunked away from the backstage party and headed to the front to watch Mr.Perfect Sheeran. I made way to the front and crossed my as expectedly. I watched him prepare. His friends, Scott Timberlake and Shane Beckham, took their places as drummers and guitarists. How did I know them? Long story. Scott spun his drumsticks between his fingers, while Shane tested a few notes. Sheeran well he was getting his own guitar and slinging over his back. He turned to us, and that's when I saw his face.

The first thought, 'OMG. He is super cute!'.

The second thought, 'I can't believe I actually thought about that!'

The third thought, 'God, I need brain check up'.

I'm serious about that. His hair was a wavy blond mess, with bangs falling over his eyes, making him look totally rebel-like. He had a good body build, like he worked out everyday. But what really caught my attention were his eyes. They were sparkling blue like I remembered, like mine.

His eyes swept around the room and rested on me. I tried to look away but I can't. He smirked at me, then winked, causing at least all the cheerleaders around me to faint. I rolled my eyes at him. He smirked again and took his place. He spoke into the microphone.

"You all know this song, it's the most liked one, and it's familiar and exciting too, why?" He looked around at us. "Well, because right now, seeing you all in front of me, this whole time I was actually thinking, I See Fire". The crowd went nuts. Cheering and sometimes shouting,

"I love you Jake!".

Talk about lovestruck. I watched Jake(Aren't I from the beginning?). "Oh, Misty Eyes of the Mountains below....." he sang while strumming his guitar. "Keep careful watch of my brothers' souls" he continued, his voice as soft as silk. "And shall the sky be filled with, fire and smoke...." he sang each word slow and perfectly. "Keep watching over Durin's son". That's when Scott and Shane comes in. They started bringing out the rhythm of the song making it really ok, I'll admit it, exciting. But that's only the beginning of the song.

By the last chorus, everyone except one person. Moi! Me! I know the lyrics better than everyone but I didn't feel like singing. That's when Jake did something that I CANNOT forgive him. It was in the musical part when he walked straight up to me crouched down and held out his hand to me. I looked at him. Everyone was looking at us. He tilted his head.

"Come on", he said. I took a step back. "No thanks, Jake", that last word, I mustered it with all my strength, not to spit it out rudely. "Fine", he said, shrugging. He stood up and spoke on the microphone, "Be a sore loser". That hit me hard. Sore Loser? Excuse me? I wanted to walk up to him and slap him, but I couldn't. If I did that, that means I AM a sore loser which I'm not. I immediately stormed out of the school, walked straight up to my car, and rode home, alone.

I drove home alone to my apartment in Manhattan, New York , The Atelier 635 West, 42nd Street. I know it's known as a rental company but since my mom is a super-famous, super-goodlooking star, it wuold be such an HONOUR to let her buy one of the apartments. And luckily we got the big one. Actually, most of the time I live there alone, since my mom is super busy with tours and making songs and stuff. But every once in a while she'd drop over and stay the night.

Like, example, today. I parked my car in the VIP parking lot and rushed up to my penthouse. Don't be surprised, you'll get used to the surprises soon enough. I unlocked the door with my spare keys and went inside to the familiar smell of my mom's home-made pumpkin cookies. Wait, pumpkin cookies? I went to the kitchen and found my mom, pulling a fresh batch of her pumpkin cookies out of the oven.

"Mom!" I yelled. she was so surprised she almost dropped her cookies. She faced me, and smiled. She put her cookies safely on the island. Then she took off her baking mittens and gave me a huge-teddy-bear hug. I buried my face in her hair. I missed her so much! It's not everyday your famous singer mom has free time and visits you right? I almost cried as she kissed my hair.

"Jane..." she said. "Mom, don't call me Jane!" I complained my voice muffled because of her shirt. She pulled away and kissed my forehead. "How are you? How's school?" she asked. I pouted and crossed my arms like a little. " Good until today!" I replied. She cocked her eyebrows at me. "Really?" she asked. "Yeah. And there's something you haven't told me mom" I confronted her. She looked at me for a moment in silence, but then she spoke.

"I thought it would've been a nice surprise for Jake to come and attend in the same school as you" she started. "Nice suprise? It was everything but NICE" I complained. She caressed my cheek gently. "Oh, Darling don't you ever grow up, don't you ever grow up could stay this simple...." she sang softly. I sighed. Being with my mom was the best thing aside from her cookies. She would wrap herself around me, as if she wanted to protect me from all the harm of the world. Her singing could calm me straight away. In other words, she is the best mom ever. Add that to the long list of awards she won. She kissed my blond curls.

"I have a surprise Jane" she whispered softly. "What is it mom?" I replied with the same gentleness in my voice. She stroked my hair. "We're going out for dinner, in your favorite restaurant" she answered. I perked up. "Really?" I sounded really excited. She nodded. "Yep. At Eleven Madison Park".

Continue Reading