That Would Be Enough~ Hamilza...

By Glittersilver

"Let me inside your heart..." "My life's gonna be fine cuz Eliza's in it..." Oneshots about Eliza Schuyler an... More

~The Other Side~
~Stressing~
~All That Matters~
~I Love Betsey {Modern AU}~
~Unexpected Guest {Modern AU}~
~Tightrope~
~Eskimo kisses {Modern Child Au}~
~"So, I think I'm in love with your sister..."~
~Waiting~
~Happy Anniversary {Modern AU}~
~Betrayal {Modern AU}~
~Like Father, Like Son {Modern AU}~
~When You have a Problem, You Come Home {Modern AU}~
~Growing Up (Burr and Theo bonding) {Modern AU}~
~Let's Waste Time (Philodosia) {Modern AU}~
~The Man Who Owned the World, Part 1 {Marvel AU}~
~The Man Who Owned the World, Part 2 {Marvel AU}~
~Eliza's Kitchen {Modern AU}~
~Lilapsophobia {Modern child AU}~
~Ham Fam {Sitcom AU}~
~Where the Lost Things Go~
~Family Reunion (Hamilkids) {Modern AU}~
~A Place For Her~
~Wingwoman {Modern AU}~
~A Toast to the Bride~
~Game Night (Ham Family) {Modern AU}~
~Fight For Me {Modern AU}~
A/N: Hiatus
~Step Out of Your Comfort Zone (Hamilkids) {Modern AU}~
~Home~
~I'm Not a Babysitter (Hamilkids) {Modern AU}~
~I'm Not a Babysitter, Part 2 (Hamilkids) {Modern AU}~
~Thankful for You (Ham Family) {Modern AU}~
~Ham Fam Christmas Special {Sitcom AU}~

~Wings {Soulmates AU}~

637 26 50
By Glittersilver

A/N: An AU where, after meeting your soulmate, you grow wings

  They were everywhere.

  Wherever Alexander looked, all he could see was wings. 

  At work, his fellow soldiers displayed their wings for all to see. When he wrote letters for George Washington, he was confronted with the general's brilliant white wings that glistened when he stood in the sunlight. Even his best friends had their wings; John Laurens could not stop fluttering about ever since he sprouted his pair of maroon colored wings one morning after a dinner he had attended. He had only learned from letter correspondence that his soulmate, a miss Martha Manning, had grown gold-colored wings after meeting him, and John was ecstatic. Hercules Mulligan loved to brag about his wife Elizabeth, and he would never lose a race with his wide emerald wings. And like Hercules, Alexander had never known the Marquis de Lafayette before he sprouted his wings. He had grown them a few years ago, and was quite protective of them, spending his free time preening the pale pink feathers with his fingers or a hairbrush. The Frenchman would throw a fit if they ever got muddy or ruffled up. As deeply in love as he was with his wings, he was even more so with his wife, Adrienne, whom he would talk about lovingly to anyone who would listen.

  Even his rival, Aaron Burr, had his wings, though he tried to hide them. His relationship was the subject of scandalous gossip, because the woman in question was already married to a British officer. It burned Alexander up to see Burr wearing an oversized jacket fixed as tightly as possible, deftly concealing his heather grey plumage.

  Everyone had their wings, which meant everyone had a soulmate. Except for Alexander. 

  "Cheer up, Alex," Laurens said to him one day, clapping him on the back as he added teasingly, "You won't be a little caterpillar forever. You'll grow your wings someday." 

  Alexander rolled his eyes. "Thanks, John."

  "Don't fret, mon ami," Lafayette piped up." Perhaps you will meet someone at the ball tonight."

  Alex felt himself get hopeful again. He had been to quite a few parties as the general's aide-de-camp, but he hadn't connected with anyone yet. Maybe tonight could be his chance.

  That evening, he followed the general and the rest of his fellow army men into the ballroom. His navy blue military suit was crisp, his boots polished, and his hair tied back in a neat ponytail. He could feel a grin of excitement creeping up on his face, which he tried to hide from the ribbing of his friends. Everyone knew of his reputation with the ladies. His eyes widened at the sight of a girl with dark curly hair, a dress the color of a pink sunset, and no wings. 

  "The Schuyler sisters are here," murmured Burr, and Alexander's eyebrows shot up. The wealthy, prestigious Schuyler family was known throughout New York, and the three beautiful daughters were the envy of every bachelor. So this was one of those Schuyler girls. He wondered which one it was. Murmuring a quick farewell to his friends, he made a beeline for the pink-dressed girl. 

  "Excuse me, mademoiselle,"  Alex purred, approaching the girl from the side. "But if you have a minute, I would be honored to give you a dance."

  The girl turned around and sized Alexander up. "A military man," she remarked. "Don't you think you have more important matters than attending frivolous parties such as this?"

  Alexander put a hand to his heart, feigning emotion. "You are more than right, miss. I have only been here a moment, and you've shamed me into going home."

  The girl sniffed, a smirk playing on her lips. "Good."

  Alexander grinned. "But since I am here anyway, perhaps you could spare time for one dance with me? And when I get back to camp, I will work with extra dedication, just for you."

  The girl already had her back to him, but she turned around slowly at these words. "I suppose I am free for the next few minutes. Don't disappoint me."

  And the two of them swept across the dance floor. As the music played, they murmured snappy banter back and forth as well as discussing the events of the war. She thrilled Alexander to no end; they matched wits on a level he had never known before. She was bold, brilliant, and carried a hungry fire in her eyes. 

  "You know, you strike me as someone who is never satisfied," Alexander commented. 

  The girl pulled back slightly, her gaze going on the defensive. "I can't say I know what you mean, sir. You forget yourself." 

  Alexander chuckled. "You're like me," he said. "I'm never satisfied."

  The girl cocked her head, her deep brown eyes boring into his. "Is that so?"

  "I'm never satisfied."

  "I suppose that's why you don't have your wings," the girl noted, her eyes trailing to his shoulders. "It's certainly not because of your shyness."

  Alexander laughed. "That is certainly not the reason, no." But he had never considered that that might be the reason he had never found a soulmate. He was never satisfied with the people around him. 

  "I could say the same thing about you, mademoiselle." 

  The girl fell silent, and Alexander noticed- ever so delicately- her guarded face soften. 

  "My name is Angelica Schuyler."

  Ah, so Angelica was his dancing partner. "Alexander Hamilton." He paused on the dance floor so he could take her hand and gently press his lips to hit. 

  The music stopped, a breath of silence before the band could change songs. Alexander took a breath, about to speak the words catching in his throat, when he noticed Angelica look across the ballroom, catching something he failed to see. Another mischievous smile drew across her lips, and suddenly Angelica took a gentle yet firm hold on his upper arm and lead him across the floor.

  "Where are you taking me?" he asked.

  Angelica looked at him, an entire story writing itself behind her brown eyes. "I'm about to change your life."

  Alexander smirked at her enticing vagueness. "Then by all means, lead the way." 

  Soon enough, Alexander found the two of them where he hadn't never expected: in front of a dark haired girl in a teal gown. Her complexion was pale and clear, like a priceless china dish, and the color of her eyes was indistinguishable, as they were locked on the ground while she dipped into a graceful curtsy. Alexander noticed that she didn't have any wings, either. 

  "Elizabeth Schuyler," the girl introduced herself in a light voice, quivering slightly. "It's a pleasure to meet you."

  "'Schuyler?'" Alexander repeated, glancing at Angelica. 

  Angelica didn't meet his eye. Instead, she stared straight at the girl, beaming with pride. "My sister." 

  "Thank you for all your service," Elizabeth added, her eyes still shyly facing downward. 

  Alexander smiled, turning on his charm. A part of him wanted to put on a show for Angelica, and the other wanted this girl to feel welcome. With grandiose movement, he took her hand in his. 

  "Well, if it takes fighting a war for us to meet, it will have been worth it." 

  He planted a soft kiss on her hand, and he saw Elizabeth beam through the deep brown hair that covered her face. It made a smile draw across his lips. 

  From the corner of his eye, Alexander saw Angelica take hold of her skirts and turn around. "I'll leave you to it," she declared, seemingly quite satisfied with herself. Alexander wanted to turn around and see where Angelica was going, but he didn't want to be rude to Elizabeth. Instead, he kept his eyes on her and his smile steady. For the first time, she returned his gaze, smiling sweetly. Alexander offered her his hand, which she quickly, and they made their way to the dance floor. 

  Dancing with Elizabeth- whom Alexander had learned to call Eliza- was different than his dance with Angelica. While Angelica had held a firm grip, and they danced with meaningful deliberateness, Eliza's hand on his shoulder was light and gentle, and when they moved, it felt like they we're floating. No flirtatious banter was exchanged, but hushed, sincere questions. Eliza asked about the living conditions at the camp, and how the soldiers kept their spirits up in such bleak times. She wanted to know what she could do to help. Eliza was sensitive and thoughtful, and it felt like a breath of fresh air to Alexander. 

  The night flew by, and to Alexander's disappointment, he soon found himself heading back to camp with the rest of the troops. It was the most fun he had had a very long time, and now it was over. And he still didn't have any wings. After helping his intoxicated friends to their bunks, Alexander crawled into bed, tired and discouraged. 

 He was only asleep for a few hours when he was awoken by a searing pain in his upper back. Hot, sharp pain like bolts of lightning stabbed him in the shoulder blades. Unable to remain on the bed, Alexander threw himself to the floor and crumbled into a ball, trying to suppress his groans of anguish. He felt like he was dying. What was happening to him?

  With one last jolt of excruciating pain, Alexander finally let out a destitute cry, and then, all at once, the pain vanished. He took deep, shaky breaths and spat out the foam that had started to form in his mouth. When he was finally able to stand, he felt a considerable new weight on his back. There, draping down behind him, were a pair of beautiful pale blue wings. He had finally met his soulmate. 

  But who was it?

  At the crack of dawn, he quickly informed the general that he would be out for the morning and hurried outside. He raised his wings to their full span, and he almost fell backwards at the shift of weight. Slowly at first, he began to flap them before picking up speed, and soon his feet lifted off the ground. Exhilaration grew in his chest as he looked to the blue expanse above him. He was ready to take to the skies. 

  Unfortunately, he instead rocked forward and slammed into the ground. Cursing in frustration, he stood up, brushed the dirt off of his clothes, and tried again. After much trial and error, he finally made a solid ascent into the air. He was really flying. With a huge smile on his face, he soared across the sky and headed straight for the Schuyler residence. 

  He had spent hours talking to Angelica and Eliza; it had to be one of them. Which one could it be? Angelica was bold and witty and had a mind for politics. She was a lot like him. It must be her, he figured. They were practically the same person. They must be made for each other. 

  His muscles burned with strain on top the soreness he already had from growing his wings, but he didn't stop to rest. He kept going, keeping himself in the air until he arrived at the mansion set in the middle of rolling green hills. This was the home of his soulmate. 

  He dropped at the front porch and knocked on the door, bouncing on the balls of his feet despite the pain he was in. When a tall, broad shouldered man opened the door, Alexander bowed and said, "General Schuyler."

  The former general nodded and said, "How may I help you, Mister..."

  "Colonel Alexander Hamilton," he finished. "I grew my wings last night, sir, and I believe it is because I met one of your daughters."

  A smile drew across Philip Schuyler's face. "Ah, yes. She hasn't stopped talking you about since she grew her own wings."

  Alexander grinned. "If I may, sir, I would love to come in and speak with your daughter." 

  The general opened the door wider, inviting him inside. At the sound of footsteps, Alexander's face prickled over with excitement. In walked Angelica Schuyler, but to Alexander's shock, she was still wingless. 

  "Miss Schuyler..." he brought himself to say. 

  Angelica chuckled. "You thought it was me?" She turned around, revealing her barren back to him. Alexander was stunned. He figured it had to be her. They were so similar! But if it wasn't her, that meant...

  Following her sister into the foyer was Eliza, and sure enough, folded at her sides were two royal blue wings. She was beaming, and for a moment, Alexander was overwhelmed by her entire presence. Her grace, her beauty, and her soft, tender heart that had warmed him to his innermost part the night before. 

  "It's you," he finally said.

  Eliza's loving smile stayed on him, and Alexander felt his heart go to her. They were opposites, he and Eliza, but maybe that was why fate had tied them together. He was loud and excitable, while she was gentle and thoughtful, genuinely caring about others and putting their needs before her own. It thrilled him to think that this sweet soul would be paired with his forever.

  "It looks like we'll be getting to know each other more, Miss Schuyler." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 616 30
Just random one-shots. Will probably not be updated that often. I'm sorry. Read my other Hamilton stuff! Warning: Lots of Hamliza because I'm me. O...
27.6K 1K 11
"But when I fantasise at night it's Alexander's eyes, As I romanticise what might have been if I hadn't sized him up so quickly ..." And until then...
18K 328 63
Hi! I'm Layne (they/them) and this is just a collection of random one shots that I wrote. I may not be the most active, since I'm not supposed to rea...
24.4K 1K 69
MOVED TO (@tay20052005) NO LONGER UPDATING ON THIS ACC