Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes...

By LayceJ25

In an effort to thwart Grindelwald's plans of raising pure-blood wizards to rule over all non-magical beings... More

Chapter 1: You Want Us to Hunt Him Down
Chapter 2: Dumbledore
Chapter 3: Familiar Faces
Chapter 5: Memories At Hogwarts
Chapter 6: The French Ministry of Magic
Chapter 7: Leta's Dark Secret
Chapter 8: Do You Think Dumbledore Will Mourn For You?
Sneak Peek to Secrets of Dumbledore

Chapter 4: Paris

12.4K 411 308
By LayceJ25

*Newt's POV*

"This is great! Once we find Tina and Queenie, it'll be like New York all over again!" Jacob said as we walk along the white cliffs of Dover. (Y/N) decided to go into the case to take care of some the creatures, so it was just Jacob and I as we come up to the man with the Portkey that can take us to Paris.

"You know something? I had a feeling that Spellbound book was lying about your engagement. When Queenie showed it to me, I was like No, you gotta be kidding? Newt wouldn't do that! You and (y/n) seem too perfect for each other." Jacob said and I couldn't help but smile. "Jacob?" I said after a few seconds of silence. "Yeah?" Jacob asked. "How would one ask someone for their hand in marriage?" I asked, curiously.

Jacob stops in his tracks and looks up at me as I stop. "Wait! A-Are you.....are you thinking about asking her?" Jacob asked. "The thought has crossed my mind lately, yes. I just don't know.....when is the right time." I replied. It's true! The past few months, I have thought about asking (y/n) for her hand in marriage but....I'm not sure if it is the right time. What if she rejects me?

"Well...don't worry, pal. The time will come when you're ready." Jacob assured me. "But....what if she rejects me?" I asked, unsure. "I doubt she would. She seems to love you." Jacob said.

"But....how would I go about to ask her? If I'm ever ready." I asked him. Jacob stammers as he finds the right words to say then he stops in his tracks and turns to me as I stop as well. "Well....just....just say what's on your mind....what does she mean to you...and compliment her, she'll love that." Jacob said and I think this over for a moment. 

"She has eyes just like a salamander." I said, reminiscently. Jacob gives me an odd look and said. "Don’t say that." I frown at this then he sighs and places his hand on my shoulder. "Hey, hey, hey. It’s gonna be all right. It'll all work out. The moment will come." He said, assuredly, and I nod slightly. "Now, we’re in this together, pal. You, me and (y/n). Okay, I’m gonna help you out. We're gonna find Tina and then Queenie, and we’ll all be happy again. Just like old times."

Jacob looks over at the figure that was standing on the ledge with a rusty looking bucket in front of his feet. "Who is this guy?" He asked as he stares at the man in suspicion. "He’s the only way I can leave the country without documentation." I said when I heard a knock on the suitcase. 

I laid the suitcase down and opened it, revealing (y/n) climbing out. "All creatures are fed and resting, love." She said as she climbs out of the suitcase. I smiled at her as I help her out and said. "Wonderful." Then I kiss her cheek. Her face turns red as she smiles at me then looks over to see the man.

"Ah, we're here already? Good." She said as I shut the case, locked it and picked it up. The three of us make our way to the man before I turn to Jacob. "Now, you don’t suffer from motion sickness, do you?" I asked him. "I don’t do well on boats." Jacob replied. "You’ll be fine." (Y/N) said as we make it to the man.

"Stir your stumps— it leaves in one minute!" He said and I start to dig in my pocket when the man said. "Fifty Galleons." I look up at him, confused, and said. "No, we said thirty."

"Thirty to go to France, twenty not to tell anyone I seen Newt Scamander leaving the country illegally." The man said, a nasty smile spreads across his face. "Price of fame, pal." He said and (y/n) sighs as she digs in her pockets. "Here's twenty." She said to me as she hands it to me. "You sure?" I asked her. She nods and I pull out thirty Galleons then gave it to the man.

"Ten seconds." He said as he starts to count down. I grab (y/n)'s hand and she reaches out to Jacob. "Jacob." She said and Jacob, reluctantly, gave his hand to her. I take a step forward into the bucket and the three of us was pulled down through the bucket and transported to Paris.

*(y/n)'s POV*

Newt and I peer around the corner, seeing a French policman standing in front of the statue of a robed woman. Jacob was pale and sweaty, still clutching onto the bucket. "I didn’t like that Portkey." He mutters to us. "So you keep saying. Follow me." Newt said, absentmindedly. Then the three of us head to the bronzed statue.

"Confundus." Newt said as he points his wand at the policeman. The Policeman lurches as though drunk, blinks, shakes his head, then giggles and ambles off, raising his hat at disconcerted passersby. 

"Come on. That’ll wear off in a few minutes." Newt said to Jacob and I as we go through the statue and into Magical Paris.

We ran to the middle of the street then Newt puts his case down and I point my wand at the street. "Appare vestigium." I said and spin around.
The tracking spell materializes as a swirl of gold, which illuminates traces of recent magical activity in the square. "Accio Niffler!" Newt said as he points his wand at his case and the Niffler pops out of the case. "Get looking." Newt said to the Niffler, who starts to scurry off.

Newt climbs onto the case and inspects the impressions of creatures revealed in the air, while the trained adult Niffler sniffs out clues. I look around and saw a vision of a creature I recognized. "That’s a Kappa. That’s a Japanese water demon—" I said as I pointed it out to the two men.

The Niffler sniffs around some shimmering footsteps. Suddenly, I see a vision of Tina. I go over to where she once stood and Newt comes up next to me then sees the Niffler sniffing along the sidewalk. "What have you found?" Newt asked the Niffler as it sniffs around the street. Newt then bends down and licks the pavement. "And we’re licking the dirt now." Jacob mutters and I chuckle at this.

Newt puts his wand to his ear and listens then points his wand to the street. "Revelio." He said and Jacob and I see what Newt is looking at: gigantic paw marks overlaying everything else. "Newt...(y/n).... what made those?" Jacob asked us. "That is a Zouwu. It’s a Chinese creature. They are incredibly fast and incredibly powerful." I replied as we look and see the vision of the Zouwu. "They can travel a thousand miles in a day . . . and this one could take you from one part of Paris to the next in a single leap." Newt said as we look at the creature with interest.

The Niffler sniffs around more shimmering footsteps, another place where Tina stood. "Oh, good boy." Newt said as we walk over to the Niffler. "She was here." Newt said as he points at the footprints. "How do you know?" Jacob asked him. "She has incredibly narrow feet." Newt replied as I turn around and saw someone coming towards Tina. "She wasn't alone." I replied then point to a feather that was laying on the spot where the man was standing. Newt goes over to the feather and sniffs it. Suddenly he had a troubled look on his face.

"Avenseguim." He said as he tosses the feather up and waves his wand. The feather turns like a needle of a compass, pointing the way. "Follow that feather." Newt said. "What?" Jacob asked, confused. "Jacob, follow the feather." I said and Jacob nods. "Follow the feather." He mutters and follows the feather. 

"Where is he?" Newt asked as he looks around and sees the Niffler trying to steal something. He points his wand and said. "Accio Niffler." The Niffler, who looked a little upset, is carried by the spell back into the case.
Newt takes the case, grabs my hand and we dash off. Jacob gestures toward the bucket in his hand. "Let go of the bucket!" I said to him and drops the bucket and chases after us.

The three of us were sitting at a table outside of a café. Newt's scanning every man who leaves the café, checking the reaction of the feather trapped beneath the glass. Jacob was staring at a couple nearby and said.
"You know what I miss about Queenie? Everything. I even miss the stuff that drove me nuts. Like the mind reading....I was lucky to have someone like her even interested in anything I thought." He said and I smiled. He looks over at us then asked. "You know what I mean?"

I nodded as Newt turns to him, acting like he's just realizing that Jacob was talking to him. "Sorry?" He asked and Jacob sighs in slight annoyance. "I was saying, you’re sure the guy is here that we’re looking for?" He asked. "Definitely. The feather says so." Newt replied and we continue watching over the crowds.

Moments later, an African American man walks out of the cafe and the feather points at him. Newt lets it out and it flies to the man's hat. "Is that the guy we’re looking for?" Jacob asked. "Yes." Newt and I replied as we stand up and go to confront the man.
"Er— bonjour. Bonjour, monsieur." Newt greets. The guy looks at him then starts to walk away.

"Oh wait, no, sorry." I said as I stop him. "We were . . . we were actually just wondering if you’d come across a friend of ours?" I asked the man. "Tina Goldstein." Jacob said. "Madam and Monsieur, Paris is a large city." The man said. "She’s an Auror. When Aurors go missing, the Ministry tend to come looking, so . . ." Newt said and the man gives us a confused look. "No, now I suppose it would probably be better if we just report her absence—" Newt started to say but the man raises his hand.

"She is tall? Dark? Rather—" 

"—intense?" Jacob asked the man. "I think I saw someone like this last night. Perhaps if I showed you where?" The man said. "If you wouldn’t mind. That would be lovely." Newt said. "Sure." The man said and we follow him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 792 13
When Albus' plans to travel round the world after finishing his last year at Hogwarts are cut short by his mother's untimely death, Albus has to look...
337K 10.7K 24
She was thrown into a situation of helping two strange gentlemen in her apartment - a series of events leading poor Adelaide into a strange situation...
91 0 13
After 3 Years Of Being Apart Lisa Met Up With Newt Scamander With Grindelwald Out On The Run Grindelwald Plans To Get Newt's Suitcase And Realess...
43.4K 1K 15
It's been a year since Newt Scamander and his young daughter, Emma Scamander, left New York City. But now there's a new danger: Credence is alive and...