Chapter 5: Memories At Hogwarts

The man, Kama was his name, takes us down to a dungeon like area, the sounds of water dripping down on the stone floor. He points towards an archway and we walk in, slowly. There laying on the stone cold floor was Tina Goldstein. "Tina?" Newt said and she quickly gets up and looks at us. "Newt? (Y/N)?" She said in disbelief.

We smiled at her just as I hear Kama say. "Expelliarmus!" At that moment, mine and Newt's wand flies out of our hands and into Kama's. Bars start to form across the door, imprisoning us. 

"My apologies, Mr. Scamander and Miss (l/n)! I shall return and release you when Credence is dead!" Kama said as Tina and Jacob run to the bars. "Kama, wait!" Tina pleads to him.
"You see, either he dies....or I do." Kama said and he starts to walk away but he stops and claps a hand to his eye. "No, no, no, no. Oh no. No, no, no." He mutters as he jerks convulsively and slides to the floor, unconscious.

"Well, that’s not the best start to a rescue attempt." Newt said in a slight sarcastic tone. I shrug as Tina turns to us. "This was a rescue attempt? You’ve just lost me my only lead." She shouted at us, angrily. "Missed you too, Tina." I remarked as Jacob launches for the door, trying to break it down. 

"Well, how was the interrogation going before we turned up?" Newt asked her. Tina throws him a dark look and strides to the back of the cave. Suddenly, the bars swing open and Jacob let's out a noise that was between a laugh and a scream then he shouts. "Newt! (Y/N)!"

Tina runs out of the room and towards Kama as Newt and I follow behind her, where we see that Picket was the one who unlocked the bars.
"Well done, Pick." Newt congrats as he grabs him. "You need this man, you say?" He asked Tina as we all kneel down and around Kama's unconscious body and grab our wands.

"Yeah. I think this man knows where Credence is, Mr. Scamander." Tina said as we look over Kama when suddenly we heard a roar above us. "Well, that’ll be the Zouwu." I said and I Disapparate.

*Newt's POV*

I Disapparate after (y/n) to see her standing on the Parisian Bridge just as the Zouwu comes bounding forward, swiping at some passersby, who are screaming and running out of the way. Cars screeching to a halt.

I run over to (y/n) as she watches the Zouwu in awe. "I think I should handle this." I said to her and she turns to me and shakes her head. "No, I can do it." She said. "Absolutely not, you could get killed!" I said and she gives me a small smile. "I can handle it, Newt. Trust me." She said as she places her right hand on my cheek. I lean into her touch as I look at her, my heart fluttering in my chest.

I nodded at her and she smiles then leans up to kiss me. We break the kiss as I hand her the case. She takes it and runs off towards the middle of the bridge, some fifty feet away from the Zouwu.

A second later, Tina Apparates, holding Jacob's arm. Jacob was sagging under the weight of the unconscious Kama. He looks out and sees (y/n) and the Zouwu. "(Y/N), get out of there!" He shouts but I hold my hand out to him. "It's alright, Jacob. She can handle it."

(Y/N) stoops down slowly and opens the case. The Zouwu snarls, crouches, and begins to advance on her. Very slowly, so as not to alarm the Zouwu, (y/n) lowers her arm into the case, feeling for something. It takes her longer than she expected.
Frowning, she reaches deeper inside. The Zouwu advances, barring its teeth. I give a nervous look, my heart pounding in my chest, at (y/n) when she found what she was looking for.

She raises her arm, holding a fluffy toy bird on a stick and rope. The Zouwu’s eyes start to follow the bird, its tail twitching. (Y/N) waves the toy, slowly, as the Zouwu crouches lower than ever. Then (y/n) let's the toy fall into the case and, with a sudden bound, the Zouwu soars through the air and sails after the toy in a flash of rainbow colors, its python tail flailing. And with that, (Y/N) slams the lid shut.