Drown In You

By LauraUrie

After realising that Ginny is not for him, Harry starts an "enemies with benefits" relationship with Draco Ma... More

Out Of My Element
They Were One
Dive Right In
Lost, But Now I Am Found
Heaven in Hiding
Us Against The World
The Aftermath
Bad Blood and Mistletoes
Wintery Fluff
Weasley Christmas Tales
Ear Gloves
Of Flying Brooms and Roommates
Here Comes A Danger Up In This School
Bedroom Warfare
Play Me Till Your Fingers Bleed
Love Me To The Truth
You Got Everybody Fooled
Do It Like A Muggle
Nargle Eggs
The Pressure Of Walking In Your Shoes
Cascade Of White
A Meaning To His Life
Mama Knows Best
Therapeutic Chain Of Events
Farewell, Hogwarts
The European Cup
Promise This
Nothing Can Break Us Apart

The End Of All Things

314 17 3
By LauraUrie

A Year Later

It was a warm evening in the middle of August. Harry was in his bathroom, getting ready to go out.
He was shaving the muggle way, as he thought it was easier than the magical way. That was the only good thing that his uncle Vernon had taught him, he reckoned.
Harry wanted to look perfect for the occasion of the day, so he also proceeded to pluck his eyebrows.
Auror training had boosted his confidence, so he had become very interested in always looking his best.
His hair, however, wouldn't collaborate. He wasn't able to tame it, unsurprisingly.
"One day." He said, pointing his finger at his reflection in the mirror.
"Are you talking to your hair? Oh, not again! We're late, babe, for goodness sake, hurry!" An annoyed voice said, along with a loud knock on the door.
Harry rolled his eyes. His husband was always so obsessed with being on time, so much that they would always be early for events.
"I'm almost ready!" He shouted back.
"Like hell you are! I mean, why do you even have to lock yourself in?" Draco groaned in frustration.
"Oh, well, because I always want to surprise you." Harry replied.
It was Draco's turn to roll his eyes now.
His beau was obsessed with surprises. Even their flat had been one. Draco hadn't got a clue of what it would have looked like.
He had first set foot in it blindfolded by Harry's hands. Once the other boy had taken his hands off his eyes, the former Slytherin's mouth had dropped very low.
It was what he had always dreamed about. A house that looked a lot like his common room at Hogwarts, but it was also quite chic. Plus, it was complete with a "brewing room" that Draco could have used to practice his potion making - his dream career was to become a potionist in Hogwarts. The place even had a small room for Viridis.
"And besides, I don't think Ron and Mione are going to murder us if we're two minutes late!" Said Harry while unlocking the door.
He came out looking extremely posh. His hair was drenched with gel, but it still looked a mess.
"Ah, is this the surprise? You look like you're going to a wedding. You look even smarter than you did at your own wedding." Draco observed, after giving him a long lasting glance.
"You like me elegant." Harry shrugged.
The blond could only sigh in response.
"I like you even when you look like trash - which is every day." He joked.
Harry did the thing that his husband always found cute; he pretended to be offended. He gasped loudly, crossing his arms.
"Hey. I would like to trade my hair with yours so that you could see how hard it is not to look like a homeless man!" He snapped.
Draco giggled, all while putting his arms around his neck. "You're so cute when you get all fired up about your hair. I like it untamed, it's kind of hot." He said.
"You're awful, why did I even marry you?" Harry playfully said. He wrapped his arms around his lover's middle while saying so.
"Because I'm awesome." Draco responded. He then placed a chaste kiss on his husband's lips.
Harry could only agree with it.
After they parted, they disapparated to Ron and Hermione's house.

-

It was Ginny's birthday, so Hermione had offered her spacious flat that she shared with her husband and son to host the party.
Luna and Ginny had just finished school at Hogwarts and they were still living at home with their respective parents.
Luna had recently got a new family member, Miss Sivan had become her father's girlfriend, so she had moved in with the Lovegoods.
Their last year in Hogwarts had been good, quite calm, but it had felt too weird without their friends.
Ginny was often alone in her common room, but she had managed to make friends with some girls from her year.
Sometimes, when she and Luna would go study under the big tree, she would turn around, laughing, thinking that she was addressing one of her friends.
But, then, she'd always realise that she had been talking to no one.
It hurt, but she managed to get through it, as well.
The day she turned nineteen was very special to her, she would see her friends and brother again after months.
The last time had been for Draco and Harry's birthday in Hogsmeade, that they celebrated on the same day.
When the two girlfriends saw Ron and Hermione again, they screamed of joy and almost tackled them to the ground.
Luna's grip on Hermione was really strong. She had missed her dearly.
Ron flew his sister in the air for how happy he had been to see her. They had become closer over the last year and they had developed a very sweet friendship.
Ginny was also very excited to see her nephew, little Hugo, who was now six months old.
The little toddler had fiery red hair, just like his father, and Hermione's brown eyes.
He was now able to crawl, something that his mother defined a nightmare.
"Oh, he's become such a pest. He's uncontrollable, I swear I almost tripped on him once." The brunette whined.
"Aw but he's just so cute!" Ginny squealed, then she picked her nephew up from the ground.
"Wow, he's got heavy. And bigger!" She observed with a giggle.
Hugo was really chill with his aunts, even if he didn't see them too often.
"Ah give him to me now! I want to hold him and smell his head. Babies always smell good." Luna tittered.
The redhead reluctantly passed him to her lover.
Hugo definitely liked Luna more than Ginny, he loved playing with her butterbeer necklace.
"Oh this must be them!" Said Ron, after he heard a loud "pop" coming from the entrance hall.
"Guys, you're late!" Said Hermione as she rushed to the door to see her friends.
"Hey Mione!" The two husbands said in unison, ignoring her reprimand.
"Where is the Birthday Girl?" Said Draco, looking around to see if he could find her.
As soon as Ginny heard their voices, she sped to where they were standing and pulled them both into a hug.

"Ah, my gay dads!" The redhead squealed playfully.

"Happy Birthday, Gin!" Harry managed to say through his friend's tight grip.

"Happy Birthday, gay daughter!" Draco chortled.

Luna emerged from the kitchen to walk towards her friends, little Hugo still in her arms, playing with her anti-nargle chain.

"Hey, casual Draco and ready for ceremony Harry!" the blonde girl greeted in her usual voice.

Harry pulled away from Ginny and went to say hi to Luna and Hugo.

"Oh, hey, Luna! I simply want to look my best, at all times." he said, while getting closer to her in order to hug her. "Aw, and hi Hugo!" he cooed, lightly touching the baby's nose with a finger.

"Hey, Lu, I missed you!" said Draco. Harry took Hugo from Luna so that his husband could hug her.

"I missed you too! Addie always talks about you two, guys. Even in class. She uses her officiation of your marriage as an example to educate students on homosexuality. You two were legends this year." The ex Ravenclaw stated.

"Addie? Oh, yeah, Miss Sivan!" said Draco, slapping his own head for not getting the reference straight away. "Tell he we miss her."

"Ok, now, if we're all set I think we can go on with the party." said Ron, motioning for everyone to follow him.

Ginny's birthday celebration was supposed to be a quiet gathering - Ron and Hermione having a child meant that they couldn't stay up all night or make too much noise.

They ended up dancing and blasting music all around the living room, all while making snacks and drinks fly into their mouths.

Hugo's small ears were protected by a spell, so that the noise wouldn't harm him.

The little boy seemed to enjoy being moved around from his parents to his uncles and aunts, his cute baby laughter confirming the theory.

Soon came time for cake and everyone moved to the kitchen, bringing their stereo with them. With a flick of his wand, Ron switched the music to "Happy Birthday".

Everyone began singing for Ginny, all while Hermione summoned the cake, which flew on the table.

It was made like the muggles would do, a recipe of Rosemary Granger.

It was her own version of the red velvet, it had golden edible glitter on top and it spelled 'Happy 19th Ginevra' with hardened golden frosting.

The Weasley girl was put as head of the table, while the others all sat around her.

On her left side she had her brother, her sister-in-law and Draco, who was holding her nephew.

On her right side sat her girlfriend and Harry.

Ron pulled out a magical camera, which he used in self portrait mode to capture the exact moment in which his sister blew her 19 shaped red candle.

"Ok now I'd say that before we cut the cake," Hermione began, giving Luna a look. "I think we should all say something about the Birthday girl here."

"I'll start!" Ron intervened, raising his hand in the air. "Well, Gin, you're my sister and I know we haven't always got along - we often fought and had our fair share of disputes, some of them even lasted long. But they were usually due to my protectiveness towards you. Ginny, I love you so much and I will forever be thankful to Mum and Dad for giving me a sister like you exactly nineteen years ago!"

When he finished, his sister gave him the most loving look ever. "Thank you, I love you too!" she said, squeezing her brother's hand lightly.

Hermione was the next one to speak. "Ginny, my partner in crime for our pranks on your bro here and my favourite sister-in-law, you are truly a blessing to this world. I love you so, so much and I hope the best for you in your life to come! I know you will do great things. I'm so lucky to have you by my side." 

Ginny smiled widely. "I'm the lucky one here." she said.

"Mini Weasel... um... Ginny,"Draco mocked. "We certainly didn't start on the right foot, the two of us. Mostly because you were dating my man, but then we became close and formed this cute friendship that we now have. Thank you for telling the whole world about me and Harry, doing so you helped me overcome my insecurities and the fear of my father. But, mostly, thank you for being a little sister to me."

Draco had not talked to his parents in almost a year, but mentioning them didn't hurt anymore.

He had made peace with it.

Ginny shot him a warm smile. "Thank you, Slytherbitch." she joked.

Harry sat up from his heat to walk towards where Ginny was sitting, positioning himself behind her.

"Ginevra Weasley, my ex and now sister/daughter, I want to thank you for every memory that we have. I think the two of us have been through a lot, but I cherish every moment. You are very important to me, so I want to pull this muggle tradition on you. I have to pull your ear nineteen times, it's for luck."

"Oh, no!" Ginny shut her eyes tight, waiting for Harry to do what he'd said he'd have done. "Will it hurt?"
Hermione shook her head.

Harry proceeded lightly tug on the girl's left year nineteen times. It didn't hurt, at all, Ginny observed.

He then kissed her cheek softly and went back to his seat.

It was now time for Luna to speak for her girlfriend.

"Dear Ginevra Weasley," she said, pulling out a piece of parchment from her pockets and starting to read it. "my love and best friend, ever since the day I met you, which was September 1st, 1992, I became mesmerized by you. You hit me like a tidal wave, honestly.

Your beauty and kindness made me want to befriend you, I thought that, maybe, you could help me keep the nargles and other beasts away. Now, I can say that you did. After many years of loving you silently, we finally merged together and became the super cute lesbians we are now.

In fact, 1999 New Year's Day was the best day of my life. You are the best girlfriend in the world, when you're not mad at me. I love you to death, your cupcake Lulu."

When Luna finished speaking, both girls were in tears. "I love you too!" Ginny said, then she took her girlfriend's face and pressed their lips together.

"Well, I hope you like this cake, Gin." said Hermione, trying to suppress a smirk. "You are going to cut it from here." she pointed to the first "P" from the writing.

Ginny pulled away from her girlfriend, then she summoned a knife and began slicing the pastry the way her sister in law instructed.

She put her own piece on a small, red plate, then she served it to everyone else in the room.

She felt a bit weird while digging her fork in her ration, as everyone was looking at her with held breaths.

When she took her first bite, she found out why.

She had bitten on something hard, so she spat in out.

"Oh Merlin!" she screamed, throwing the object on the table. She covered her mouth with her hands and her eyes widened in surprise. 

It was a ring. It was made of gold and it sported a ruby.

The people in the room all looked at each other, then Luna got down on one knee.

"Ginevra Molly Weasley, will you be my wife?" she asked.

Ginny was still incredulous, but she couldn't help letting out a joyful laugh.

"Yes, oh dear, yes! More than anything I will!" She squealed.

Her now fiancée got up and gave her a passionate kiss.

The others all cheered for them as the older girl put the ring on Ginny's freckled finger.

 "Go, aunt Ginny!" said Draco, taking Hugo's hands into his and moving them up and down.

"You were accomplices, weren't you!" the redhead said once the shock died down.

"Guilty." said Harry, raising his shoulders. "Hence my fancy outfit."

"You guys are amazing! But Mione, your cake almost choked me!"

After the edible parts of the cake disappeared completely, Ginny had to open her presents.

"I doubt this will be better than the marvelous gift you received from Luna, but we, your friends got you something very special." Said Harry, grinning and nodding at his husband.

Draco gave the baby back to his mother and summoned a package.

It was quite big, almost as much as the table was.

The birthday girl frantically tore the wrapping apart to reveal its content, it was a bonsai version of their historic tree.

"Yes, this is our tree." said Draco, when Ginny turned around to face him.

"So that you can keep it as a memento of our study sessions which turned into a lot of fun under the tree in Hogwarts." Hermione added, beaming.

"Aw you guys are just so sweet!" Ginny murmured, feeling a little warm in the face.

"This way, it will always be with you." said Ron.

"Thank you, my loves! This will be my way of thinking of you every time I'll miss you." Ginny expressed.

When the people in the room gathered around her to embrace her fondly, Ginny felt like the luckiest girl in the world.

"I'm sure that we will be friends forever." Luna mused from inside of the hug.

Indeed, that was exactly how it turned out to be.

Fin.

A/N: So, yeah, this story (sadly) comes to an end. I had a blast writing it, I spent entire days on some of the chapters and I really hope it was worth it.

Tbh I never thought anyone would like it, but I was proven wrong. Thank you to everyone who loved it, your support means a lot to me! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

397K 7K 84
A Drarry Muggle AU Instagram story of how they started off as strangers in the same art class and ended as lovers. They had to try and hide things ab...
119K 4.3K 20
Harry is broken. Broken by years of war and abuse. Broken by the burden of unwanted fame and the heavy price that came with it, and he's not sure how...
85.7K 3K 15
Harry was given a dare in the beginning of the year, but ended up with a deadly disease in the midst. So its his new mission, to get the love of his...
441K 18.9K 66
(Drarry) Harry Potter is about to enter his seventh year, and things are not quite what he expected. He is no longer the angry boy who watched his wo...