Myth (Bakugou x Reader)

By Starshot700

Y/n is the daughter of her village's chief. Due to a dispute about her oncoming future, Y/n runs far away fro... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

Chapter 3

7.2K 219 61
By Starshot700

 You continued to walk, your village now miles behind you. You didn't care about that though, somehow you would reach a nearby kingdom and start a new life there. All you had to do was follow this dirt path until you got there. A goal harder to reach than you originally thought. The dark skies above you made it hard for you to stay on the path. There were multiple times when you almost lost the path due to how dark it was. It took time for you to finally relocate it and get back on track.

Despite this, the stars shining above you was a calming sight. They showed you that there was so much out there in the world, you had more opportunities out there than you thought. You just had to work harder to reach them. People have always said that you work hard for the things worth having and that's exactly what you're doing right now.

As you continued walking the dirt road you heard a low growl different than the one you heard near the lake. No, this one was much more familiar, much more hostile.

Your eyes widened as you turned around to see the golden eyes of a hungry wolf searching for its prey. Wolves were very dangerous, it was rare for someone to escape a chase with the wolf alive without the proper weapons. Without a second thought you began to run. You didn't know if that was the right move to make or not, but all you knew was that you needed to escape this forest alive.

You feet began moving faster than you thought you could, probably had to do with the fact that your whole life was on the line at the moment. If you didn't move fast enough you wouldn't have a life to worry about!

You continued to run and the wolf was beginning to get closer to you. As a last minute ditch effort, you ran towards a tree and began climbing it. This was something that you did often enough that you could do it as easily as breathing. Everything was way too close for comfort though for if you hadn't moved faster, the wolf would've gotten its jaws around you ankle.

You jerked your leg up with you, just barely dodging the wolf's attack. You probably should've guessed something like this would've happened. You were leaving home into an unknown forest, something bad was basically guaranteed to to happen. Because of that choice you were now stuck up a tree wondering how you would get away from the wolf trying to eat you from down below.

You scanned your surroundings as you tried to catch your breath and noticed that the trees were close enough to jump from one to the other. You would definitely have to be careful about this though. It was nighttime and if you weren't careful about your movements, your life was done for. You focused on the nearby tree branch before jumping towards it, something you barely caught in time.

The wolf below you was quick to move to your new tree, it's eyes still glued to your moving form. You looked below you and noticed that you were hanging above a rushing stream. The hight you would have to jump to reach the water surface was great. The fact that you had a slight fear of heights definitely did not help that. Just everything that happened already was enough to make your heart race. The fact that you were too many feet of the ground for comfort not really helping.

You could possibly try jumping to the next tree, but your chance of success wasn't guaranteed. Your second choice was jumping down into the river. The only problems with that choice was one, you didn't know how deep it was and two, you didn't know where it would lead you.

The growling from below you only made you even more anxious. You had to make a choice and quick. You had no idea how much longer the branch would support your weight and you had no such plans on finding out.

After sucking in a lot of air and ignoring your fear, you slipped off the branch and plummeted towards the rushing waters below. The wolf definitely wouldn't follow you down there. Now all you had to worry about was what you would be doing next.

The impact of you hitting the water was a strong one, you barely remembered hitting the water's surface before passing out. Your limp body floated with the current for a while until you hit shallow water, water shallow enough that your back was able to make contact with the ground.

Hours passed before you woke up, finding yourself at the side of the still flowing river. The night was still very much young in your eyes. For now you had to look for shelter that wasn't occupied by some other predators. You were soaking wet, your bag still slung around one of your arms.

You walked out of the water and began walking into the thick brush. Hopefully there was a nearby cave or something. Worst came to worst, you could sleep up in a tree.

You were shivering as you looked around for any sign of a nearby shelter. You feared that if you didn't find something soon you might catch hypothermia. To try and delay this outcome you opened your bag and took out a blanket, wrapping the fabric around your shoulders. It was wet for sure, but it was better than the clothes you had on at the moment. An extra layer never hurt anyone anyway.

You continued walking until something that looked like a cave began entering your field of sight. This fact excited and worried you. That cave meant one of two things, one, there was an un occupied shelter waiting for you to take or two, you were about to be eaten by the predator currently using the shelter. You took your chances and began walking towards the cave. If you didn't find shelter soon, you might just die out there anyway.

The closer you got to the cave, the more you realized that there was a burning fire in there. This observation made you subconsciously speed up your pace. If there was a fire, there was a human occupying the cave. You didn't need to stay with them permanently or anything, you just needed somewhere to sleep for the night.

Soon enough your shivering form reached the entrance of the cave. You stuck your head inside of it and was surprised to see that no one was currently in the cave. The only sign of occupation being the fire. You slowly crept into the cave, wondering if you should just stay in there despite no one being inside of it. You thought about the idea for a bit before shrugging to yourself. It wouldn't hurt just staying in there for a bit. The fire felt so good in such close proximity anyway. If the owner came back to see you, they could just tell you to get out, just a few minutes would be enough.

The fact that you were lost wasn't that great either. You didn't know how far you were from the path you were on hours ago. Where were you now anyway? Whatever, for now all you needed to worry about was warming up, you'll find out where you were later.

You began taking off your backpack and placing in next to you before curling up next to the fire and closing your eyes. Being able to actually sleep was something you didn't expect at all. Despite this thought you were actually able to do so and it felt good! You slept peacefully and without disturbance for a while. It was during this time that you realized how much you missed the comfort and loving atmosphere you had at home. Now you didn't have anyone to cook your meals, you didn't have your brother to make fun of you, you didn't have Ururaka to cheer you up or greet you with a "Hello!". Your sleep consisted of thoughts like these, but was broken by a gust of wind blown in your way.

You cracked an eye open slowly to see what the disturbance was and only saw red. It was when your focus began to return that you released what you saw were red scales. Scales!

You moved without a second thought and pushed your back flush against the cave walls, your breathing now rapid as you feared for your life once more. Unlike earlier, you could see a slight purple in the sky shown by the cave entrance something that signaled the beginning of a new day.

You breathed hard, your hand clenching your backpack strap tightly. You'd be lying if you said you weren't surprised about the fact that the dragon wasn't trying to eat you at the moment. Dragons were supposed to be ruthless and brutal predators to humans, so why wasn't it trying to kill you right now?

You were snapped out of your thoughts as the sound of crunching leaves were heard near the cave entrance. Your eyes widened as they met burning red irises. The hard glare of the other making you shrink even more than you already were.

The male in front of you wore regular cloth like any other person, jeans with a belt for his pants. The part about him that stuck out to you was his bright red eyes, the fact that his whole chest was exposed, the necklace of teeth hanging in front of his chest, and the fur, cape-like thing flowing behind him. His spiky blonde hair only made him look even more unique.

The towering male continued to walk towards you until he was only a foot away from your cowering form, the red dragon next to him watching the events unfold silently and with focused eyes.

A huff escaped the male's lips until he kneeled down to your level and scowled, "Who the hell are you?" He asked, his unusual fangs catching your eye, "And what the hell do you think you're doing in my cave?"

Ok everyone! I was able to update the story today! Woo! Hope you all liked it! Did I move too fast? If you think so, feel free to tell me! As you can tell, this was the chapter where you meet Bakugou! Please comment! I love seeing your thoughts! Thanks for reading and Happy Thanksgiving!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

166K 4.4K 28
"𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗻𝗮 𝗯𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗸𝘂𝗴𝗼𝘂, 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘁" . . . . . Y/N, a cheerful 17 year old girl was sent back to J...
1.3M 40.2K 79
Energetic U.A. Student, Y/n L/n, makes her grand debut into the world of heroes with her friend, Katsuki Bakugo. As childhood friends, they've uncons...
506K 14.1K 49
*In process of editing* You're Kirishima's estranged twin sister. You've come back to Japan after pursuing a modeling career in America (Don't give m...
1.2M 32K 44
(Y/N) is a girl with a quirk, that likes to surprise. With her parents on another continent it's sometimes difficult for her to become a hero without...