Watching One Call Away

By BiUnicornBrittany

This is were the characters of @writersblock039 story watch her first unmatched records book One Call Away. a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 4

2K 49 11
By BiUnicornBrittany

AN:yay another chapter please read and review here is the seating chart left to right

Couch: Sara Oliver Kara Alura

Loveseat:Roy Mia Thea

Couch: William Ruby Sam Lena

Couch: Alex Samantha felicity

Couch: slade Malcolm black siren

Loveseat:laurel Nora

They all walked in and sat down and waited a little bit before the screen turned on.

Kara halfheartedly finished her latest article, saving it before leaning back in her chair, once again looking out the window at the crews cleaning up the destruction caused when the Daxamites had invaded.

"Is there narration now," sara asked.

Nora nodded "a little bit just to show their thoughts." Kara winced and silently cursed.

She had been such an idiot to believe that she could have had a dream life. The perfect job, the perfect family, her life as Supergirl . . . and the man she loved. She had a job she enjoyed, she had Alex, J'onn, and Maggie, and she had Supergirl. But was all of that worth it if she didn't have Mon-El?

"Kara that was not idiotic to think you can have that and I'm really sorry that happened but it was not your fault." Kara was crying and Alura hugged her and Kara calmed down.

And it was all because Mon-El's mother, Rhea, had wanted to make Earth the new Daxam. Rao, Kara had hated her. She had challenged her to trial by combat, and had foolishly expected Rhea to keep her word. Instead, in the middle of their duel, the Daxamites had beamed down to invade.

Thankfully J'onn, Mon-El, James, Clark, and timely help from M'gann had kept the invasion at bay, but Kara had had to make a fateful choice. She could either watch National City suffer, or she could activate the device Lillian and Lena Luthor had fixed to release enough lead into the air to be harmless to humans, but deadly to the Daxamites. Kara had chosen to activate the device, had watched Mon-El refuse to help his mother as she died in front of him.

"You created the device she's talking about,"Oliver asked Lena. Lena just nodded

Then Mon-El had started to choke as well.Kara closed her eyes, feeling tears sting her eyes. She kept reminding herself that sending Mon-El from Earth had been the correct course of action, but Rao, it had hurt to lose him. And she was responsible for that. It was because of her that he could no longer survive with lead in Earth's atmosphere.

"Kara it is not your fault," Lena said.

Kara nodded sadly and said "yes it is I pressed the button."

Lena shook her head and said "he told you to."

What she would do to punch something and let her frustrations out. Her phone suddenly rang, and Kara reached over, seeing the call was from the reception desk.

"What would you of all people punch,"

Oliver asked. Kara looked over and said "A car."

Malcolm and slade looked at her and slade said "seriously, a car."

She nodded, he looked to Alex who nodded.

Malcolm mouthed "what."

"Danvers," she said, frowning and checking her schedule. She didn't have any appointments today, so what was this about?

"Miss Danvers, there's two people asking to see you," the receptionist said, sounding just as confused. "A Mr. Queen and a Mr. Ramon."

Kara's eyes widened in shock, and she quickly checked her schedule for the rest of the day. She had nothing left to do, and her article was finished.

"Yes, I'll be down shortly," she said, saving her article again and sending it off to Snapper. "I'm just now packing up anyway."

"I'll tell them that, thank you."

Kara hung up and shut down her computer, gathering her belongings and hurrying to the elevator.

"Kiera?" a voice from behind her asked in surprise.

Kara paused, then bit her lip and walked towards Cat's office. "Miss Grant," she smiled shakily.

"Kiera, you look like you're the new girl in school trying to establish herself with the cool crowd," Cat frowned, folding her arms. "What is up?"

"Who is that," Felicity asked.

"Ms.Grant my boss," Kara said.

"Miss Grant," Kara took a deep breath. "I got a call from . . . friends, and it sounds extremely urgent. I know it's last minute, but I'm still not entirely certain what's going on, but - "

"Kiera, Kiera, Kiera," Cat clicked her tongue. "Always wanting to save everyone."

Kara blushed,and Cat waved her hand at her. "Go on. Be a hero, save your friends, but I expect you back one hundred and twenty percent when you return."

"Pretty sure that is not a thing," Sam said.

"It is with Ms.Grant," Kara said.

"Thank you, Miss Grant," Kara breathed in relief, hurrying for the elevator. She could only hope Snapper wouldn't throw her under the bus when she returned.

The elevator couldn't have hit the ground floor any sooner. Oliver straightened when he heard familiar shoes and turned to see the blonde alien grinning as she approached.

"Oliver!" she cheered. "Cisco!"

"Hey, Kara!" Cisco beamed, hugging her when she reached them. "Good to see you!"

"And you!" Kara smiled, then paused. "No more problems with being put in a musical world,right?"

"What,"Lena asked.

"Long, very long story I'll tell you later," Kara answered.

"Ah, no," Cisco shook his head, chuckling. "Nothing like that. Actually, I'm not the one that needed to talk to you."

Kara turned to Oliver, smiling. "No hug?" she guessed. "I'm strong enough to make you give me a hug, so you might as well admit defeat." Oliver rolled his eyes and gave her a hug. "I win."

Oliver couldn't help but chuckle. "I might need one," he admitted.

"Oliver admitting he needs a hug," Kara frowned, but moved forward to do it anyway. "That's not good."

"When I heard that I almost had a heart attack, Oliver wants a hug," Thea said.

Oliver then threw a pillow at her. "Where... do you have pillows over there." Oliver nodded.

"No, it's not," Oliver took a deep breath. "And I wouldn't have come if I didn't need your help."

Kara knitted her eyebrows, then nodded. "Come on," she headed for the door. "Tell me what's going on."

Oliver gave her a grateful look as they walked down the street. "By the way, what happened?"

"Alien invasion," Kara said.

"You say that like it happens a lot," Sara said.

Kara nodded and said "it does, it's happened twice."

Cisco looked around.

"Aliens tried to take over the planet," Kara shrugged. "A usual Monday for me."

"That is an exaggeration, but that happens to me way too often. Two times is way too many times."

They're gone now. End of the story." Oliver frowned, seeing a pained look in her eyes that hadn't been there back with the Dominators. But then she seemed to snap out of it and looked at him. "What do you need me for?"

Oliver watched the street ahead, trying to decide how to tell her. Finally, he went out and said it.

"My team and I have been up against a man who calls himself Prometheus this past year," he told her. "Just a few weeks ago, we discovered he was the District Attorney, Adrian Chase. Long story short, he wants me to suffer."

"What did you do to him?" Kara raised an eyebrow.

"I killed his father a long time ago," Oliver said bluntly.

"That was not the best way to say that was it,"Oliver asked, and Kara just shook her head no.

"Oh," Kara blinked. "Um . . . OK. And he's just now going after you?"

"He spent time training from an old teacher of mine, who's out for me as well," Oliver continued.

"He's been ahead of me this whole time. And now he's taken my family and my friends, and he's holding them hostage."

Kara's eyes widened, quickly moving to the side before she stopped any pedestrians.

"Thea?" she asked hurriedly. "Dig, Felicity?"

"You still know our names wow," Thea said.

"Of course I do I know most of your names," Kara said looking around the room.

"Them," Oliver nodded. "And other members of my team. You've met Curtis and Rene. Then there's Dinah, and Sara's father." He closed his eyes.

"And my son."

"Wait, I'm kidnapped," William said.

In the control room (sorry if this doesn't seem relevant I wanted to put it in)

"I remember that it was really scary," William said to Ruby who put a hand on his shoulder and said "you were okay remember, Kara saved you."

He smiled and kissed her then said "we are out of donuts," he looked at her and she said "no we aren't there are some in the snack room, duh." He laughed and left to get some

There was dead silence for a moment. "He took your son?" Kara asked in disbelief.

He opened his eyes to see Kara's face was pale, and she was shaking slightly.

In anger, Oliver realized. Anger for him. "Yes," he nodded. "He took my son, and had the audacity to taunt me about it. I'm done playing by his rules. I'm going after him, and I'm not going to do it alone. There's already two others waiting back in Star City, but Barry and the Legends can't help. Kara, please. I need your help. I need Supergirl to come back."

Kara nodded slowly, chewing her lip. "I was ready to say yes the moment you started talking," she told him casually, but there was a tone underneath that made Oliver look at her in surprise.

"I will help if this still happens by the way I really don't like people that do stuff like that," Kara said.

Barry had told him once that Kara seemed incapable of being angry. Oliver knew anger, and that was definitely how Kara sounded now.

"Of course. It does take a lot to make me angry, but that would do it," Kara said.

"Your son. Your innocent son. Someone who, I'm guessing, knows absolutely nothing about you or your work as the Green Arrow."

"Yes," Oliver winced.

"Hmm." Kara turned to him. "Count me in."

Oliver had never felt more relief than he did then.

Malcolm and Nyssa turned when they heard the breach open again, and when Oliver and Cisco came through, they were not alone. With them was a blonde woman in a red skirt, tights, and boots, a blue shirt with a red S on it, and a red cape. They would have mistaken her for a cheerleader had they not seen the hardened look in her eyes.

"I'm not a cheerleader," Kara whined.

"Kara, meet Malcolm Merlyn and Nyssa al Ghul," Oliver gestured to them.

"Malcolm, Nyssa, this is Kara Danvers, also known as Supergirl on her Earth."

"What makes her so super?" Malcolm raised an eyebrow.

"Well now I know, sort of, but to the me on the screen you do kind of look like a cheerleader," Malcolm said.

"Not my fault, I did not make my suit,"Kara said.

Kara looked at the dart that was on the desk where Malcolm had dropped it earlier, then picked it up and flicked her finger at the tip. It snapped like a twig and flew across the room, clattering by the salmon ladder. Malcolm's eyebrows raised in surprise, and Nyssa looked at Kara in shock.

"You shocked Nyssa that is impressive, she's seen a lot not much can surprise her," Malcolm said.

"And that's only part of it," Oliver smirked, turning to Cisco. "Thank you for your help."

"Good luck getting the others back, man," Cisco nodded, clapping Oliver on the shoulder before leaving in another breach.

"So, where are they?" Kara looked at Oliver. "Where are we going?"

"I don't like this where this is going. Where are they going," Oliver said.

"Why would your adversary bring them here?" Nyssa asked as she copiloted for Oliver, Malcolm and Kara behind them.

"For that matter, how did he even know about this place?" Malcolm put in.

"Talia," Oliver answered simply. Kara guessed that was the teacher he had mentioned, and when she looked over at Nyssa, she saw the woman sigh. Apparently, she knew this Talia, too.

"Know her, she's her sister," Sara said.

"She researched me, probably told Chase everything."

"Ironic," Nyssa remarked, looking out the windows. "When I was a little girl, my father told me to visit this place. It's where I found Sara."

"I went back in time to tell her father that. I also told him what he was going to name her so I may have named her on accident. I was surprised that he listened, I didn't think he listened to anyone," Sara said.

Oliver just looks at her like she's insane.

Kara looked out the window as well, eyes wide as she finally got a glimpse of where Oliver had been stranded for five years, the plane beginning its descent.

"Oh no, not there," Oliver said. Kara put a hand on his arm. Thea saw this and silently nudged Alex on the couch next to her and secretly pointed to them. They both smiled at each other

Lian Yu.

Felicity gasped as the bag over her head was removed, and was shoved roughly to the ground. As she tried to sit up, she felt cool metal be fastened to her wrists, and as she regained her bearings, she heard more grunts and groans from next to her.

"Diggle?" a familiar voice called.

"Felicity?"

"We're OK," Felicity nodded, looking past John to see Thea, Quentin, and Curtis, all of them chained together. "You OK?"

"We're fine," Quentin nodded, an angry look on his face. "A little north of pissed off, though."

"Rene, Dinah," John looked around. "Where are they?"

"Not with us," Thea shook her head worriedly.

"Uh oh, the're split up it will make it harder to find them all,"Oliver said.

"Relax!" a taunting voice called, and all five of them looked up as Chase walked towards them, a sword over his back, Evelyn and Black Siren with him. "Enjoy the weather." He chuckled, seeing the dirty look Felicity was giving him. "Miss Smoak."

"Anybody ever tell you how much you suck at life?" Curtis asked angrily.

"What does that even mean," Laurel asked.

"Who knows it's Curtis," Nora said.

One of the black-clad assassins put their sword to Curtis's throat, and he swallowed, but didn't back down.

"That was idiotic, almost as idiotic as you kid when I first met you," Slade said.

"Do you mean the way I fought or me in general,"Oliver asked

"Both," Slade answered.

"No," Chase raised an eyebrow. "Care to be the first?"

"Why are we here?" Thea interrupted.

Chase raised an eyebrow. "So you recognize this place. That's good."

"Of course I do it's where I almost killed Slade,"Thea said.

"Oliver's gonna come for us!" Thea glared at him.

Chase laughed as he turned and headed back up the hill, the two women following him, as well as some of the other black-clad assassins. "Yeah, I'm counting on it, sis!"

"Damn it," John hissed, looking down at their chains. "Chase is using us as bait. He wants to draw Oliver out."

"The numbers aren't exactly in his favor," Quentin pointed out.

"He's faced worse odds before," Felicity said optimistically.

"Yeah, with the help of you and John," Curtis said quietly. "Roy and Laurel and Thea, and the rest of us."

"Curtis is right," John sighed. "Oliver can't do this alone."

"Good thing I'm not then,"Oliver said.

Oliver opened the door into the ARGUS prison, a duffel slung over his shoulder. He closed the door behind him, letting the bag drop to the floor. He approached the cell in front of him, hardly believing he was doing this.

Finally, he took a deep breath, let it out, then said, "I need your help."

"Who are you talking to,"Alex asked.

Oliver said "I have an idea."

He straightened when he heard a low chuckle come from inside the cell.

"Hey, kid," Slade Wilson said as he turned to face him. "I'm glad you came back."

"Why so you can try and kill him again," Felicity said.

"No,"he said.

Laurel looked at the window and said "next one please." The screen lit up as they played the next video.

AN: review please.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 2.9K 65
~you're giving me a million reasons to let you go~ ~baby, I just need one good one to stay~ Book 1- Unwritten Book 2- Enchanted Started- May 12, 201...
43.2K 979 27
This is an AU where the arrowverse characters watch @writersblock039 story Won't Let You Down
12.7K 179 26
After her one-night-stand with klaus, Katherine Pierce travels to New Orleans unexpectedly what awaits her...
11.2K 308 32
it is second book in series of Superflash collision course. hope you enjoy it. Also on A0U as Jsaint(Different guy)