More than Destiny

By AmiraJerel

(Y/n) Dragneel is the sister to the infamous Natsu Dragneel (Wow, surprising right?), but she might just be a... More

Woot Woot Character Info
Preliminary Game and a Stupid Fight
The First Day, also known as a Disaster
I Wanna Light a B*tch on Fire
Stupid Chariots
':<*~Sparkily Boys~*>:'
What is this, a game of chess?
Sparky Boy Time
Do You Hate Me? :0

Past: Why are you the way you are?

279 5 0
By AmiraJerel

A/N: Hey guys!! I'm just gonna quickly say, I'm gonna be jumping in and out of times in your life, just filling you in on small parts of your life that make you the way you are and explain a few things! By the way, most chapters won't be this long, this one is bc I got carried away lol (This one is about 4600 words while most will normally be around 3000). Anyways, I hope you enjoy it!

              (Y/n) sat under a tree, the light breeze chilling her soft skin, but the constant stream of sunlight kept her warm, it was perfect. She smiled lightly to herself, her eyes closed, enjoying the peaceful moment. She smelled the light smell of the wild-flowers that were scattered around the hill that she was rested on. She heard the light shaking of the trees as their branches lightly clashed together from the breeze.

               Her perfect moment was soon ruined by the high pitched squeal of her twin brother as he ran towards her with a grin that could only mean that he was up to something. "Hey (Y/n)! Guess what?"He asked her, his face practically glowing in the sunlight, reflecting his excitement. "What is it?" (Y/n) asked, turning to face her brother, her head tilting slightly to her left as she did so, her soft close-eyed smile resting on her little face. "Igneel's letting me cook dinner tonight!!!" He shouted, bouncing up and down from joy, his smile shining as bright as the sun.

             As he said this, (Y/n)'s expression fell slightly, but she was quick to pull herself together, replacing her faded smile with a new one. "Oh, that's, uh, great!" (Y/n) smiled, watching as Natsu's expression grew even brighter. "I know right?!?! I'm gonna make the best dinner that this world has ever seen!!!" He shouted, pumping his fist up in the air, ready to, as he said, "conquer the dinner". "YOU HEARD THAT WORLD???? YOU'RE ABOUT TO SEE THE BEST DINNER EVER MADE!!!" He shouted directly at the sky, you could have sworn that you saw a bit of fire shoot out of his throat. 

              "Come on sis, you're not gonna want to miss this!!" he said, smiling as he gently pulled you off of the ground,  dragging you along with him as he made his way back to the cave that you two called home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              It was about two years after the dragons had left and you and Natsu had joined Fary Tail. You two had been going on missions together and were closer than ever. You had even made friends with everyone at the guild, including the more difficult and closed off members. It was a feat that few were able to claim, not even Natsu was able to say that he was close to every single person in the guild.

              It was a cloudy spring day, and the mission board was packed with jobs, and you and Natsu were looking over them, trying to decide on the perfect one to go on. You thought that you had found the perfect job, however, Natsu had also found a job that he thought was perfect.

              "(Y/n)! Come on! Your job is lame! I wanna go fight some bandits and recover a stolen treasure!""Natsu! Just think about my job? It's a freaking lizard monster!!"(Y/n) semi screamed back. This small argument stunned the entire guild, all of the members staring at the twins, unable to believe what they just witnessed.     

              "But (Y/n)! Your job sounds so lame! Come on, let's go on an adventure!!!"He shouted, clutching his request in his hand as he tried to pull his sister along with him. To his surprise, she didn't move a bit, rather, she yanked her hand out of his, angry tears flowing out of her eyes. "I ALLWAYS GO ON THE QUESTS THAT YOU WANT TO DO, WHY CAN'T WE DO ONE OF MINE FOR ONCE?!?!?" The small girl shouted, her loud voice echoing across the dead quiet guild hall. 

             Natsu's eyes were wide with shock as regret slowly started to fill him. However, it was too slow. Before Natsu could even speak a word, she was already out of the guild hall. A trail of tears was left where she ran. 

            Natsu's head quickly fell as tears of his own started cascading down his face. "I-I didn't m-mean t-to..." He cried, his small fists curled into balls at his sides. "I DIDN'T MEAN TO MAKE HER CRY!!!" He shouted up to the ceiling. He wasn't trying to change anyone else's opinion, they all knew that he would never do it on purpose, it was more of a reassurance to himself.

         The normally rowdy guild was now silent due to the siblings' quarrel. It was about five minutes later when someone finally broke the silence.

          "Well, that was a stupid thing to do". Everyone's gazes shot up towards the young ice-make mage who held a slight scowl on his face. "W-what did y-you just say ice princess?"Natsu said, his head still hung low. "I said it was a stupid thing to do. Now, are we going to go find that sister of yours or what?" Gray said, a friendly smirk now resting on his face. "For once, I agree with you..."Natsu said, lifting his head up now, "NOW LET'S GO MAKE AMENS!!!"He screamed, fire shooting out of his throat as he screamed towards the ceiling. "It's 'make amends' you idiot, but whatever" Gray sighed, following the pinkette out of the guild hall.

~(small time skip in the story)~

          You ran and ran, not knowing where you were going, just going away. You don't know why you flipped out on him like that, you were just angry. The job didn't even matter to you that much, so why did you freak out? You could have sworn that your vision was tinted gold during the fight, and you felt as if you were not in control of your body. It terrified you. The possibilities of what that could have been and its intentions flooded your thoughts as you sat yourself down under a tree. 

           You didn't even realize that it had started raining while you were running, and you found yourself under a tree, soaking wet. You slowly pulled your knees up to your chest and rested your head on top of them, more tears running down your face at the pace of the rain. As you cried, you heard the leaves above you move, but you didn't pay much mind to them, too caught up in your own sadness. You soon felt a small tap on the top of your head. 

           You looked up to be met with a set of cat-like eyes looking at you with curiosity. You simply tilt your head with the same curiosity, the tears still streaming down your cheeks. "Hello there," the cat-like thing said. 'It reminds me of Happy' (Y/n) thought as the cat spoke. "H-hi" (Y/n) replied, her voice still shaky from her crying. "I'm Forest, what's your name?" He asked, sitting across from her. "I-I'm (Y/n), nice t-to meet you Forest!" She said, a small smile forming on her face.

         "I-if you don't mind me asking, why are you crying?"Forest asked her, his curiosity getting the best of him. "O-oh, i-it's really n-nothing" (Y/n) stuttered, wiping her nose with her sleeve, sniffling quietly. "Are you lonely?" He asked. (Y/n)'s eyes went wide as he said this, shocking the exceed a bit when she did this. "I-I didn't mean to offend you! T-that's just why I cry, so I was just putting it out there..." He said, looking to the side like he was disappointed in himself. 

          (Y/n) just stared at him with kind and understanding eyes as she watched the tears start to form in his. You slowly reached your hand out in front of you, gently resting it on his head. He looked up at you with surprise, not expecting you to do that.

         "You were right Forest, I was crying because I felt lonely," You said, your soft, close-eyed smile resting on your face as a single tear slowly ran down your face. "I had a fight with my brother, and this is the first time we have fought, and I'm feeling really lonely without him," She said, slowly looking up at the sky as she continued to rub his head. "I'm so used to having him here with me and him understanding me that I feel lonely without him," she said, finally blinking away her tears. Forest looked down, a sad smile on his face. "oh w-well at least you're not completely lonely" He said, mumbling a soft, "unlike me" under his breath. You lightly closed your eyes as you leaned your head back against the tree, the rough bark gently scraping the back of your neck as you did so. 

        "You don't have to be alone Forest," You said, slowly opening your eyes and looking down at him, "I'll be your family from now on, I promise!" You said looking him directly in the eyes as your gentle smile fell across your face. He simply looked up at you, a look of awe as tears fell down his face. "Y-you really mean it?" He asked, sniffling in the process. "Of course!" You said, your smile growing as you extend your pinky finger towards him. He cried as he locked his pinky with yours before jumping into a hug, which you gladly accepted. "Friends forever?" He asked, looking up at you, a hopeful look on his face as more tears fell down his face. " No, family forever," You said, tears rolling down your face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        You and Natsu were now in your late teens when you decided to do two different jobs. It wasn't because of a fight, like the last time, there were just two good opportunities. On one side of Fiore, there were rumors spreading around about a Salamander, which you two thought could be Igneel. On the complete opposite side of Fiore in the mountain region, there was a job posting that talked about a dragon-like creature that had been destroying crops. Since the two of you didn't know which job to take, you decided to split the jobs. Natsu took the one about the Salamander, while you took the one about the dragon-like creature. The two of you were sad to part, but you both knew that both of these could lead to Igneel, and you didn't want to risk losing him. 

       So, here you were, on your way back from the north, tired and disappointed. The rumors were a bust, it was just a monster that looked like a dragon. It wasn't even half of the size of a real dragon and was easy to take out. At least the villagers seemed grateful for your help. It was a long way from Fary Tail, and about halfway to where you needed to be, the trains stopped which left you on foot, making your journey 10x longer. 

         "Ugh, (Y/n), how much farther do we have to walk until we're there??" Forest whined, tired from your long journey. "Well, we should be nearing Magnolia soon, but Forest," You laughed before continuing with your statement. "You aren't even walking, if anyone should be complaining it's me!" You said as Forest grumbled to himself as he floated along the path that the two of you were following. "So? You're a sky wizard, can't you fly or something?" He questioned, flying backwards so he could face you. "I can, but why not take our time and enjoy the walk? It's a nice day, and all of the flowers are in bloom! It would be a waste to fly past this opportunity to embrace nature like this!" You said, pausing your movement to take a deep breath of the fresh air before sneezing. "You always forget that you're allergic to pollen don't you?" Forest laughed at you as you wiped your nose on your sleeve, sniffiling a little bit. "I'm not that allergic, I just get congested and sneezy for a bit, I'm fine!!"You defended yourself before sneezing again as Forest's laughs filled the air around you guys.

        You were about a yard away from Fairy Tail when you heard a loud shout come from the already noisy guild hall. "SHE'S BACK!!!" A very familiar voice yelled from within the guild. You smiled as your idiotic twin brother busted through the guild doors, racing towards you. "(Y/n)!!!" He shouted, barreling into you, quickly capturing you in a hug. 

        You wheezed from how tight he was holding you as you laughed at his excitement. "Put the poor girl down before you suffocate her flame brain!" Gray shouted from within the guild. You laughed lightly at Gray's comment as Natsu finally let you go, allowing for you to get some air. "Who ya callin' a flame brain huh?!!!"Natsu shouted angrily as he ran into the guild, starting a fight with the ice-make mage. "It sure is good to be back home" You smiled as you let out a small chuckle as you watched your brother and best friend battle each other.

       You and Forest entered the guild hall, cautiously walking through the hole that Natsu made in the door. "GUESS WHO'S BACK, BACK AGAIN???" Forest shouted, calling all attention to the two of you two (as if Natsu hadn't already done that) as you laughed at his flamboyant behavior. Everyone started cheering and clapping for the two of you two as you walked into the guild, greeting everyone, already used to their exaggerated welcomes. 

       "Hey (Y/n), Forest! Glad to see you two made it back!" Erza said, firmly placing her hand on your shoulder, causing your knees to buckle slightly from the impact. "How did it go? Did you find anything on Igneel?" Mira asked from behind the bar as she went ahead and poured you a glass of chocolate milk (if you're lactose intolerant, I'm sorry, just imagine something else pls, I will most likely use this as yur drink of choice for the rest of the story btw). "No, it was just a creature that looked like a dragon," You said, smiling sadly as you accepted your drink. "Well, that's too bad, Natsu didn't find anything about Igneel on his trip either," Mira said, smiling back at you, sympathy filling her deep blue eyes.

      "OH, that reminds me!"Natsu shouted from across the guild, standing up from the floor (Erza had knocked his and Gray's heads together to get them to stop fighting). Natsu quickly ran over to you and pulled you away from your conversation with Mira along with your chocolate milk (or other drink of choice).

      He quickly pulled you over to a blond haired girl that you didn't recognize. "(Y/n), this is Lucy, Lucy, this is (Y/n), my twin sister!" he said, pushing you towards the blond. "Hi, nice to meet you, Lucy!" You said, smiling brightly as you reached your hand out to shake her own. "You too!" She said, smiling back at you.

      "You must be new, am I correct?" You asked her, sitting down in the booth that she was sitting in. "Yep! Natsu is actually the reason why I joined!" She said, still smiling. "Oh really?""Yeah! I met him while he was on his job and he helped me join Fary Tail!"She said, her eyes lighting up as she remembered the story, also sweat dropping a bit. "Well I'm glad you're here, I think we're going to be great friends!" You said, a smile reflecting her own appearing on your face. "Of course!"She said, the two of you immediately hit it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         You stood next to Natsu and Gajeel, stuck within the guild by the enchantment. "(Y/n), I'm not over 80 years old right??" Natsu asked you, grabbing you and shaking you by your shoulders. "How am I supposed to know? I think I would know if I was over 80 years old as well!" You sweat-dropped, trying to break free from his grasp. "Oh, yeah" He said, finally letting you go. 

         The three of you watched as the numbers of Fairy Tail wizards decreased, battle by battle. You hated it, the guild being forced to fight against each other to save each other. You were ok with fights if the members wanted to do it, but this was a whole different situation, they were being made to do this against their own will. 'We need to get out of here and fast, not to mention we need to save the girls before they turn completely to stone' You thought, beginning to pace around the empty guild hall. That's when an idea popped into your head. It was ridiculous and very risky, but you decided that it was worth trying, anything to stop this horror. 

        You jumped up onto the stage, where the girls stood, still as stone. You grabbed Erza before jumping off of the stage. "(Y/n), what are you doing?? Do you have a death wish??" Forest asked you, catching the attention of the other two dragon slayers who were still trying to bash their way out of the enchantment. Natsu ran up next to you with Gajeel and Happy following behind him. 

         "Just what are you thinking about doing?" Master Makarov asked, seating himself on the other side of Erza. You and Natsu made eye contact as a smirk grew on his face as he caught on to your idea. "I'm gonna roast her!" He shouted as Master Makarov went pale.

~(small time skip in story)~

         You ran out of the guild, you, Natsu, and Gajeel all going in different directions. Forest decided to stay back at the guild in case anyone came back. Your vision went gold as your feet moved on their own, running towards the cathedral. 'Seriously, at a time like this??' You thought, unable to change your direction. As your body continued to move, you noticed a certain smell enter your senses. 'It's taking me to Lauxus?' You thought as the cathedral came into sight. 

        The golden tint faded from your vision, leaving you standing alone just outside of the cathedral. You were frozen. Did you really want to fight Lauxus? Even if he did start this, he's still a member of Fairy Tail, he must have a reason, right? 

        As you hesitated outside the door, you heard a booming laughter vibrate throughout the air. "I was hoping for a better opponent to find me first, but instead I get stuck with Fairy Tails scared little angel" He taunted from within the church. You released a breath that you had been holding, finding your conviction. Your hand rested on the cool metal of the door handle as you threw the heavy door open, revealing yourself to the other s-classed wizard. "Oh, so she's not as much of a scaredy-cat as I thought?" He laughed as you walked in.

        "Lauxus" You started, the door snapping shut behind you letting a resounding 'boom' echo through the cathedral. "I might not want to fight you, but that doesn't mean that I won't" You stated, holding your ground as Lauxus chuckled lowly. Lightning surrounded his figure as he smirked at you. "I finally get to see why the old man made you an s-class wizard." He said as he cracked his knuckles. He quickly lunged at you, so fast that all you could see was the lightning that surrounded him. You, however, were just as quick. You jumped into the air, small magic circles appearing wherever you stepped, releasing a strong gust of air when you did, rocketing you forward just as fast. 

         And so began the game of cat and mouse, Lauxus chasing you as you jumped around the church, keeping you on the defensive. 'All I have to do is keep him distracted and/or wear him out until someone else comes' You thought as you continued to avoid his attacks. You had never intended to fight him, no matter what you had said. He was still a member of the guild and you refused to fight him. "Come on pipsqueek, I thought you had more fight in you!" He taunted, stopping in his assault for a second. You sighed to yourself. 'He isn't going to keep up with this for long, looks like I'm gonna have to go with plan B' You thought, continuing to run and jump around the church. 

       You were able to get him to attack you from the center of the cathedral, exactly where the least damage would be done by your attack. You quickly stopped your movement, falling quickly to the ground before landing gracefully. You swiftly pushed your dominant hand in front of you, your feet firmly planted to the ground, back straight and chin up, eyes glaring. A large magic circle appeared in front of your hand along with an even larger one underneath Lauxus. "Sky dragon secret art" You started, the air slowly began swirling around you before picking up speed. Your hair and clothes whipping around you as you kept your stance strong. "Cyclone" You shouted, as the winds that were around you began whipping around Lauxus. They soon took over the entire cathedral, throwing things around every which way. You saw a bolt of lightning flow through the storm but you smirked as it soon disappeared. This attack specialized in combining the raw power of the sky dragon slayer with the control over the wind that came with normal sky magic, it was one that Raies created herself. The current of the wind was so strong that it was impossible to escape, and the longer it was cast the more powerful it became, gaining power from the air surrounding it as well as the caster's magic energy. He was completely trapped.

        The door to the cathedral was soon busted open, revealing Natsu and Erza standing side by side. "(Y/n)! Where is Lauxus!! I need to pay him back for messing with Fairy Tail!!" Your brother shouted, glaring around the room. "If I were to take a guess, I would say he's inside of that storm that your sister's creating" Erza stated, pointing towards the large cyclone that was at the center of the church, growing larger by the second. "Let 'em out (Y/n)!! I have to take him down!" He said, stomping up to you. You looked at him, holding eye contact for a few seconds before nodding at him and smiling. "Beat him up for me will you Natsu?" You asked, letting go of the spell as you walked next to Erza, planning on going with her to take down the thunder palace. "You can count on me!" He smirked as the two of you left. Before you did though, you turned around to look at Lauxus one more time, making eye contact with him before turning back around and leaving.

~(Small time skip in story)~

       You stood outside a small house on the outskirts of Magnolia. Lifting up your hand, you gently knocked on the door, alerting the resident of your presence. Opening the door, Lauxus Dreyer stood inside the small home, now glaring at you. "What the hell do you want? Don't tell me that you want to pick a fight as well" He sighed, going to close the door. "Wait!" You quickly shouted, quickly summoning a gust of wind to push against the door and keep it open. "Look pipsqueek, I'm not in a mood to be bothered right now" He groaned, rubbing his temples out of frustration. 

       "I just want to know why you did it." You said, looking up at the man in front of you with more confidence now. He moved his hand from in front of his face, his eyes widened in surprise. "Look, I know you had a reason for doing that, and I know that your intentions were most likely good, I just want to understand why." You continued, refusing to break eye contact with him. Lauxus sighed, opening the door wider, letting you in. 

       You sat down in a chair in the living room, Lauxus preferring to remain standing. Silence fell over the two of you, you waiting for Lauxus to tell his story while he continued to pace around the room, not knowing where to start. After a few minutes of quiet, he sighed, finally sitting himself down in the chair opposite of you. "So, you wanna know why I did it, right?" He asked making himself comfortable. You nodded your head, not wanting to interrupt him, even if the question was redundant. "I wanted to make the guild stronger, and I thought that that was the best way to." He started. "We kept hearing people call us weak wherever we went and it got irritating quick. And when I got back to see you all just partying and having fun like you didn't care about what they were saying really pissed me off. "He said, leaning back in his seat as he finished. You nodded along throughout the story to show that you were listening.

        "I'm guessing that you know that you were wrong?" You asked, watching as his head nodded up and down, not wanting to admit it out loud. "You know, getting rid of all of our weaker members isn't how we get stronger." You stated after another long bout of silence. He looked up at you, surprised by your statement. You smiled at him as you continued. "As a guild, we grow stronger by nurturing our weaker members so that they can become stronger." You said, watching a surprised look form on his face. "You know, now that I think about it, a lot of our strongest members grew up in the guild, Erza, Gray, Natsu, Mira, Cana, and even you" You smiled to yourself, looking at the ceiling as you thought.

        "I'm not a member of the guild anymore, don't group me in with them" Lauxus said, a darker expression growing on his face. "Just because you don't have the guild mark on you anymore doesn't mean that you aren't a member of the guild, to me, being a member of a guild means being part of a family" You smiled, looking down from the ceiling. "And, no matter what you did, I still believe that you are part of this family, and I'm sure that Master Makarov feels the same, even if he won't say it" You finished, smiling as he looked back up at you, his eyes wide as tears formed in his eyes. 'I knew it' You thought to yourself, as you patted his shoulder. 'He meant the best, his views were just a bit askew, but he's learned from his mistake now' You sighed as you left the little house, making your way back to the guild hall before anyone noticed you were gone for too long.

A/N

Hey guys! How did you like my chapter? I hope that I made it interesting enough! I just thought that some of this stuff was important to the story and I just wanted for you guys to get a bit of a better feel for how I portrayed you in the story! Next chapter will begin at the beginning of the GMG's, with a bit of backstory of where you were before that (Not diving into the "Key of the Starry Sky" arc). Also, a small spoiler for the story, you do not participate in the GMG's, but the reason for that will be explained later in the story, so DO NOT AND I REPEATE DO NOT comment, asking questions as to why. 

Thank you all for reading my story and don't forget to comment and vote, and if you really enjoyed this, follow me! Bye Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

780K 26.8K 92
(Y/N) (L/N) was only a young girl when she 1st met Natsu Dragneel, a young Fire Dragon Slayer. One day Natsu decided to leave (Y/N) in fear of leadin...
74.6K 2.5K 20
Reader-chan ends up in the world of Fairy Tail. With only a guitar on her back, she must learn to survive in the new world....two years before Natsu...
1.4M 44.3K 68
(Y/N) (L/N) has always had a crush on Natsu Dragneel, the Fire Dragon Slayer. Even though she's only 10 years old and Natsu is 18. But when he and th...
13.7K 325 33
(Y/n) and Rachael are dragon slayers who join Fairytail as the days go by will the two learn new things and fall in love? Or will their pasts catch u...