Tiny Tales | ✔️

By EvelynHail

This book is a collection of numerous short stories I have created, both mini and midi ones, written in the p... More

Author's Note
1-A Chance Encounter
2-Hankering for Hinterland
3-A Visit
4-Basic Calculus
5-A Birthday Celebration
6-My Moribund Romeo
7-She Lives in Me
8-My Dad
9-Mischievous Mobile
10-Curiosity
11-A Good Man
12-A Day In Life
14-A Girl Who Deciphered The Heavens
15-I Am God
16-She Used to Do It
17-Helen
18-1,6%
19-A Kiss
20-Blue Christmas
21-The Flight
22-Make a Wish
23-Crêpes
24-The Collar
25-A Perfect Tale
26-Colours
27-Friends Forever
28-Homecoming
29-Welcome, Little One
30-Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
31-A Pianist
32-A Book
33-Mad World
34-Napoleon
35-Manners Maketh Man
36-Inside A Woman's Head
37-Beauty and the Beast
38-Different
39-A Doll
40-And?
41-Green Gloves
42-You Never Forget Your First
43-The Simplicity of Life
44-A Chocolate Girl
45-Black Panther
46-The Vanishing
47-The Wedding
48-The Same As Him
49-The Concision
50-Love at First Sight
51-A Factory
52-Avoiding
53-A Goldfish
54-Baobab
55-Waiting
56-Gustavo Is in Love
A Thank You Note

13-A Dream

144 27 114
By EvelynHail

(The curtain rises)

THE WRITER: (snores loudly)

THE BED: How rude! And they say he is an artist. He, an artist? He is a peasant. A regular yokel. A country bumpkin, if you will.

THE ARMCHAIR: I see that your bad mood gets worse with age. Will you shut up, once and for all?

THE TELEVISION: Maybe he should buy a new bed. In my view, the new models are more modest and discreet. Who needs an old talker ... I am the one who speaks here.

THE BED: I would like to see what you would do if someone jumped on you every day and every night. I have an expiration date, too. I don't want to be broken by some oaf. Come on, let's kill him, I beg you. I promise that, if we do, I will remain silent for the rest of my life.

THE WRITER: (wakes up slowly, and is trying to say something).

THE WARDROBE: I agree but under one condition. I want the TV to stay on all night long because I'm afraid of darkness.

THE TELEVISION: I accept your condition.

THE LAMP: I don't care one way or the other, but I don't want to separate from the group, therefore, I accept.

THE BED: Then let's go for it.

THE WRITER: (open-mouthed, does not know what to say)

THE ARMCHAIR (scared): Oh, no, please! I don't want to do it! If we kill him, they're going to put us in jail!

THE BED: Aha, that's why you're afraid ... Because you know that in the jail cell, anyone can mount you.

(The laughter of all the furniture lifts the dust)

THE WRITER: Nooooo! (He jumps off the bed and looks around him, terrified. Then he touches the bed, the chair; and, finally, looks towards the lamp).

THE FURNITURE: (says nothing)

THE WRITER: (sighs with relief) I'm never going to have mushrooms for supper again. 

(The writer leaves the bedroom laughing at himself).

THE BED: (whispering) What a shame. Now we have to plan it all over again. Oh, well. Maybe we'll get him next time.

A/N: Video theme: "El sueño,"  micro-narrative text in Spanish combined with audio and video stimuli.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 1.3K 200
Hey, y'all! Welcome to Awesome Short Stories! Enjoy reading them, as they will feature me, my Wattpad friends and family, and plenty of fictional cha...
25.3K 3K 53
Dys • ar • thri • a difficult or unclear articulation speech that is otherwise linguistically normal - Doubt it? How do you know this blossoming frie...
67.7K 1.6K 200
Tiny horror stories (Doesn't exceed 100 words) None of these stories is from other books or online. These were all written by me. Do not steal them...
2.1K 469 121
Here is another collection of short stories, featuring me, my lovely Wattpad friends, and more new characters! What kind of wacky adventures are in s...