LOVE BLOSSOMS(COMPLETED)

By anuradhasivaraman

India is always known for its beauty and richness. In ancient days people could either recognize India as a l... More

LOVE BLOSSOMS- Plot line
THAT LIFE CHANGING MOMENT- Prologue
1. Are They Serious!?!
2. That Talk With Sid!?!
3.Our Coffee Date
4. The Decision Is Finally Taken
5. Event : Engagement
6. The Tam-Brahm Wedding
7. Wedding Night
8. Trip Back Home
9. At Home
10. My First Official Day
11. Confrontation with My Scars
12. Change in Self
13. Acceptance to Reality
14. Get Well Soon, Nivin
15. Finally Something's Going Our Way!
16. So, are we Friends Now?
17. I feel Like I must Run Into The Woods
18. The Value Of A Heart
19. When Reality Hits You On Face
20. Embarking A New Journey- Part II
Epilogue- So, the beginning of the End!

20. Embarking a New Route- Part 1

8.2K 163 17
By anuradhasivaraman

                                                 I am dedicating this to HariAngel. Thanks for your words of encouragement. I never thought that I did justice in describing those rituals . Yet, thanks for telling me that I did do it some justice. So, Yeah, here's the update!!!

                                                            20. Embarking a New Route

Sid's P.O.V:-

               Ria rushed to me with a panicked expression on her and I knew something was wrong. But what's the matter that is making her to rush so fast that she's panting so hard. She had Raj by her side and I just raised an eyebrow at her state. She slowly managed to say, " Nivin... He fainted.. Real Geet is back.. Come fast with me.. Backstage.. Megha called..." She was heaving heavily in between and her words were highly incorrigble. But I could understand only one thing--This was a state of emergency. So, the Doctor in me took control of the situation. I met Raj at eye and barked an order, " Go fetch Dr.Kapoor and meet us soon, whereNivin is." Raj nodded and left soon. I got Ria by wrist and pulled her while she constantly told me the directions which I had to reach. It all happened so fast that within seconds I found myself before a fainted Nivin, in Megha's lap who was sobbing out of fear and atlast I met eye to eye with a very confused and panic-striken Geet.

What the hell is she doing here?

Ok, no time to think of all those things. First things first. Doctor mode on. I pushed Megha, Geet and Ria away from Nivin and I started the first aid techniques that I had learnt to treat a fainted patient. It was soon that I found Dr. Kapoor taking in-charge of the situation.

As soon as I handed over Nivin to him, I called out Ria and asked her to be by Nivin's side while I went to Geet. I really had a lot of things that I needed to ask Geet, especially after I noticed the clear signs of her marital status-- red bangles, sindoor mangal-sutra. 

She has got so much questions to answer. 

How can she disapper and now appear back into our lives to create a tornado like this and ye stand like she did nothing.

"Geet!" I called out to her, who was still watching what Dr. Kapoor was doing with a curious eye and was startled by my calling her name out, loud. She turned her face to face me, but her were dazed and confused, yet she managed to meet me straight in my eye." Could you please spare a minute with me?"

There was no tone of amicability in my voice. My voice was filled with venom and she just nodded while she followed. When I felt that we were away from the earshot of the people in the background, I pulled her harshly by wrist and asked with anger animating my features." What the hell do you think you're doing here?" She winced and tried to get way from my grip but that wasn't what I cared, and so I continued, " Nivin was doing much better and it was only now that you had to make your grand apperance."

I was generally not the person to getr angry or sarcastic but Geet, her expressionless look and her presence triggered it all. Also, the anger that why hadn't she told me anything back in college about her feelings for Nivin? Did she just trust me so little then?

" Sid, you don't have any right to get angry on me? I myself am not getting anything that's going on here. All I did, was do like my husband asked me to do. Cover up for him. I had no clue that you'd be here. I promise. Can you just explain what happened just there?"

"So, meek Geet finally has got her voice?" I taunted her." So, you got so brave that now you're asking who am I. Oh, if just forgot I'm just your best friend from college and the person there that just fainted now was Nivin, the man that regrets every single day for rejecting your proposal to him? You know how much he has suffered? Now do you?"

Geet finally showed some expression on her face. " He.. he fainted.. because of me...??" She stuttered. I nodded and tried to calm myself while she processed the information. " Sid, can we please go somewhere where we can go, sit and talk? There just too much to catch up. Too much.." She stated finally.

I nodded and took her to the stationary canteen that we built for the volunteers. I made her sit in a comfortable place, bought us both coffee and finally sat down to talk.

She gave out a bitter laugh before she started, " Isn't fate just too harsh? When I was ready for Nivin, he wasn't and now that he yearns for me, I'm not. You know I met Dev only beacuse of Nivin. I know, it's okay that you are angry with me but if you'd just hear me, out you'd learn that Nivin isn't the only one that suffered."

She sighed and a single tear drop slipped from her eyes. I reached across and pressed my palm over hers. At that time, I realized how harsh I had acted towards Geet. She too is bound to have suffered and I truly need to listen to her side of the story. " Geet, it's okay. Just take me through your side of story. Please, I need to know it." 

She nodded, waited for a pause before she continued, " I don't know, where to start, but let me start from the beginning. The day I met Nivin, I felt I fell for him all over. It was all like movie like. He saving at every trouble I put myself into and then continue with his quest for thenlike he cared nothing for me. All I wanted was a simple acknowledgement that I was a woman, a woman made for him. But I never got it from him and well, you just were too thick headed when it comes to the matter of romance. I never told you, beacuse I was scared how you'd take it. Then finally when the graduation day arrived I decided enough is enoush, I need to confess my love to Nivin. Nivin being the jerk, he was, outrageously rejected me. He even called me names in anger and we had a full blown fight. That was whn you met me, walked me to dorm and if it wasn't for your promise to keep in touch with you, otherwise I'd would've lost contact with all you. It was during the time that I lost contact with you, that I got in a major depression because it was really hard talking to you knowing Nivin was always near you, yet I never can have a happy ending with him. It was during that time that I met Dev, my now-husband who was my partner in my practicals lessons. I've never paid much attention to him. But once, we handled an emergency labiour case who rejected the idea of male doctor handling her and that was when I along my senior females took charge. As we worked in Lokmanya Tilak Muncipal College as students and intern such cases were common. So, later I commented that why he chose gynecolgy being a male, it is really going to be difficult to him. It was when he told me that many woman in his village died during childbirth and eversince then he wanted to be a gynec. I was proud of him, when I had just joined the field because I had no other choice. Slowly, we both opened to each other and here we are married to each other." She puased finally, she took a deep breath to continue, " It was easy forgetting or giving up on Nivin. But when Dev slowly got into me, I realized how mismatched I and Nivin were, really. I'm sure he'll realize it sooner or later. He has to, one day or other."

I nodded, " He has to. But wait, is your husband, Dr. Dev Mehra of Gynecology Department, working in my hospital?"

She nodded and so I said, " So, you met the right person. He deserves you." I claimed. Dev was quite don-to-earth, the famous Doctor of our hospital, yet he's quite approachable. Imet him on certain situations, and I felt the need to approve Geet's relationship with him like a sensible big brother that I was always to her.

I then, explained her about Nivin's illness, panic and faint attacks, my marraige with Ria, Megha pretending as Geet and all that happened till now. She agreed with me that it's better if she stays out of Nivin's sight for sometime now. We were talking for hours together, catching up about our lives. It finally nice to catch up with your college buddy that you didn't get to meet for so long.

Nivin's P.o.V.:-

 I woke up with a start. 

Everything that happened in the past few weeks just replayed before my mind and the last lingering picture that I had was that of.. Meg..Megha, yes, Megha, the girl who begged me to get well. My eyes fluttered at that moment. 

I just looked around my surrounding and found that I was in a hospital. White walls, besspreads around me and let's not forget those innumerable wires tied to my wrist.

Phew, Claustrophobhic.

It was the first thought that enetered my mind. Soon, there enetered a nurse, who ran away as soon as she saw my eyes. Well, there goes nothing.

Dr. Kapoor soon rushed in and asked me as how I felt?

What a ridiculous question? I feel (physically) good, but (mentally) confused. I'd totally appreciate a moment of peace and solidatry.

When, I expressed this thought to Dr. Kapoor, he accepted it reluctantly but still persuaded me to meet the visitors, so that their worry about me would be long gone. I accepted to it and in a moments time, I found, Ria rushing through the doors, followed by Raj and Megha. Sid and Geet were missing and when I enquired Ria told me that they'd join us soon. It looked as though Megha was trying to hide or feeling embrassed that her cover was blown up.

I tried to call her in front and talk to me but Ria stopped me telling me not to bully her.

"Ria, I'm not bulyling her!" I exclaimed with a hint of rage in my voice, " All I'm trying is to connect the dots."

" See, Nivin. You weren't feeling well. You mistook her to be Geet and so we, that is Sid, Dr. Kapoor and I persuaded her to pretend like Geet. So, will you please stop treating her like a criminal or something? All she did was trying to help you. You, fool." Ria exclaimed.

Megha gestuered to Ria and came to front. She stood beside me. " I'm happy that you're hale and healthy, again. I'll pray that you continue so and never once in life undergo what you need to go. It was I who came to you, to recieve help, but funnily I ended up helping you. But the best part is, it helped not just you, but also me. Now, I'm far mentally stable than I was before. Thanks, for this oppurtunity. I don't want you to feel indebted or grateful to me. That's why I told you all that. So, yeah, we're back to sqaure one. Have a happy life. Forget all that like a bad nightmare. Bye, Nivin." She calmly stated all these and left the room in a hush.

But I've a feeling that I could see tears in her eyes and also pain. Was I imagining or is it, real?

I don't know but by the look that Ria threw my way, I'm sure I did something that I was never supposed to do. She soon rushed after Megha and Raj after Ria. But, what is with all of them? I just don't get it? Why does all this make me feel guilty, when I did nothing wrong? Or did I?

Now, that everyone left, I must feel peaceful, but why am I not being able to feel that. Why do I feel suffocated? Ok, Nivin let's think.

To be frank, it was shocking to see Geet after so many days. Especially, learning this fact that the girl I believed to be Geet wasn't Geet but Megha. The visble signs of Geet's marital status, filled my heart with peace than breaking it into pieces. It was a visbile proof that she has moved on from the hurt that I instilled in her and in a way, I feel it to be soothing. 

Thinking back to the day I mistook Megha to be Geet, a strumming pain enetered my brain. So, I skipped that thought but rather foccussed in remembering the first day I met Megha. To be frank, in no way Megha resembles Geet, literally or figuratively and how the hell could I not realize it till then?

Or did I realized, but wasn't just ready to acccept it that she wasn't Geet? But why?

Maybe because I liked the attention that I got from Megha( and maybe others).

Now that I think back to that fateful night, I remeber associating Megha as a very bright, cheerful, vibrant person. In a confused state that I was during our next meeting, her under-dressing made me remember Geet. That time, I wasn't feeling the love for Geet, but rather the regret of turning such a great person like Geet. I don't know,anymore and now, I'm more confused than anything.

I was in a denial mood and I wasn't ready for the harsh reality and so I accpted everything that everyone around me told. Otherwise, now that I think, I in the first place must have made fuss to stay in hospital for so long. But I didn't because, it was helpful for me to escape, escape from everything.

I want to do the same. Escape from this confuscious daze of life that I've. (Maybe, that's why I hurted Megha by showing ungratefulness towards her.)

&^&

In the state of mind that I'm, I can't lie in this hospital bed even for an extra minute. But, thank goodness, I'm relaeased today. It has only been a day, comparing that I was admitted to the hospital only yesterday.

Geet, is staying by my bedside and accepted to be my attender, while she sent all others to camp, by last evening. We had a hearty talk literallly whole night and she was amused by how well, I handled her marriage and her arrival in my life as such. I was more amused as how easily she forgave me and listened to my side of the story.

She is a very sweet, understanding person and I'm happy that she hasn't changed a bit. She has aged a little, lost that petite shape, but informed me that she feels that she might be pregnant, which she has not told anyone till now, not even Dev. I feel so happy that she still considers me so close to her heart to let me know this little secret. I'm so excited to have Geet back into my life and realized that what led me to this path of depression, is my regeret to have turned down such a great friend in her. She can never be mine, in terms of love, but I love her more than ever, as a fclose friend of mine, who can interpret even my silence. You know the saying something soul-mates and lovers could be two different persons. Maybe ours is something like that!

We soon reached,the campsite and unintentionally, my eyes serached Megha. But, why am I searching her? Well, that's the mystery or is it her charm?

Ria instructed me to take rest and then by afternoon, start my session with children. Oh, I'm a child consellor here along with other pyschatrist. Children love me because I'm more like their best friend, whom they can punch, beat and talk.

I went to the cafeteria and took notice that Megha was sitting there in a far corner. I wanted to go reach to her, but someone else bet me to it. He was a young macho type guy, who was not just handsome, but was capable to make her laugh, which was a hypotysing, mesmorizing sound that I must confess of. The sparks of jealously flew in me. But, I don't own her, do I. But I did share some great moments with her which is now going to stay with me as a treasured memory. I passed through her way and heard her calling the guy as Abhay.  So, his name is Abhay. 

I silently ordered a cup of strong coffee with a cookies to go by. The caferteria was arranged in a manner that there was a bar where you had all suppleies and you need to go there, order what you want, take it to your table. In simple words, it worked on Self-Service technique. So, actually, when I was taking my order back to a plac where I can settle down an thought struck my head.

So, it was Geet in the past and now it's Megha?

I don't want to live with a life filled with regrets in my future. So, I made up my mind to follow my heart and feeling. What am not sure is of the magnitute and type of feelings that I harbour for Megha and I won't be able to realize them until I open my heart towards them, welcome them and work towards them. So, I'll not shut Megha out of my life, but rather approach her.

I went to the table that Megha was seated and politely offered as if I can join them? Abhay immediately accepted the offer and made me sit. He was kind enough to encourage me into their conversation. But Megha, begged to be different. She maintained an air of indifference and detachement towards, behaving in a way as though I don't exist. Now come on It's not fair!

I'll make you realize that I exist, exist( in your heart) more than you realize!

This was my next challenge to pursue.

I hate her stubborness, attitude and sharp tongue!(Ouch)

Man, this girl is seriously something different. It's as if she has put all her defences up. I've been (outrageously, trying) to flirt, tease or probably provoke her for the past two days and all she ever does was give me a blank stare or walk away. It was only this evening that she bursts out saying that she finds me suffocating, domanting and totally annoying Ouch, her words still stung me, my big ego. But I'm certainly not a person to give up.

I learnt that It's only a matter of few days. But still I'm missing the attention from Megha. Megha's cheerful persona is actually attracting a lot of attention from the opposite gender and I'm having this weird feeling of jealousy and possiveness.Somehow, it pleases my heart that it's only I that knows the dark side of the cheerful Megha. I know that Megha isn't just as happy as she pretends to be. I hate perfect, happy people, because I'm imperfect and unhappy. Knowing that there is a tinch of imperfection in perfect Ria and Megha soothes my heart. I know that Megha is strong-willed, stubborn, dominant, possessive, conceieted and just not the angel that she appears to be. Yet, those annoying traits of her, made me like her more. It was confusing that eventhough, she always manages to get under my skin, I still do like her. But why? Is it just mere gratitude or a solace in finding a clone?

I had a recent talk with Abhay who revealed that he's Megha's ex-boyfriend. During, the time when Megha pretended to be Geet, she was with him, but recently she confessed that she just couldn't bring herself to continue the relationship. Eventhough, they have broken up, they are still continuing as being best friends.Somehow, this pricked my heart. So, I've troubled Megha so much. She had to take care of me, despite being in a relatiomship. I couldn't trouble her more.

Everytime, I try to feel grateful towards Megha and try to talk properly to her, she utter something or the other and vise-versa. She either of us provokes the other and there starts the fight. Fight? Or should I say, the heated row that has become an usual thing whn we re put together. I've learnt that though her words are harsh, half the time she never really intends that way. She is really a cool person and I'm liking it even more. I had a plan sketched up at the back of my mind. The problem here is will it work out?

Recently, I've been realizing that I've started liking Megha more than I'm suposed to like her. The realization struck me like a bolt, during one of my tease a.k.a. flirt episodes with her. Eversince then I've tried to deny it, only to know that it has been growing stronger than ever. Now, I can understand why Geet felt the pressure to confess about her unrequited love for me. It's because the uncertainity of the other person's feelings is really a troublesome feeling. I just want to know if Megha too feels that way, or will I be left with a broken heart?

I am asking too many questions now-a-days, am I not? It's just you must understand that a confused, uncertain person is bound to ask many questions as it's the only solace to his heart. But often this ends up as a trouble, as the person is left with too many unanswered questions.

So, back to my plan.

I learnt from Abhay that in two days time, It's Megha's b'day. I heard Ria planning a suprise b'day party for Megha. I'm planning to propose to Megha in the party. But to do that I must contact Ria first and tell her.

I just told Ria, this afternoon and she expressed a magnitude of amusement and shock in her feature. In a matter of seconds, she smiled the brightest smile and told me that she'd do anything to help me making it a uccessful affair. The excitement that she showed was scary but still I liked it. We planned the details and she ordered me to get a ring. She was planning it as if it was one of her scene in her fiction. Hey, afterall, fiction and reality are way too different aren' they? When I asked that she told me that if I wish I could live the way I want and I thought back. Yes, I like this idea. It's fun, romantic and exciting. She also asked me to prepare a speech. Honestly? All I'm going to do was to tell her I Love her. But Ria said that sounds blank and so I must talk a little, explain how I fell fell for her and then tell those magical words. Ok, but this was difficult for me. So, she promised me that she'll help me. 

The exciting day soon arrived. The day that I was anticipating for long, the day my angel was born. I was a nerve wreck. I now, I understood why people say that confessing love is more difficult than anything else, because the fear of getting rejected is so high, that I wanted to flee from the place. 

We all made sure to act nonchalantly, whenever Megha was around us. According to our plan, we'll reach to Megha's class wher she teaches children English and how to write in English. We had decorated the class using the help of her students and our volunteers. Seema, Raj and Ria made sure to keep Ria busy in the fashion studio class. I quickly sent Ria a message that we're ready. Soon, Seema and Raj made their excuses and came here. Ria was supposed to accompany Megha here. It was because Megha and Ria shared this class. We had the light switched off and I was standing in the farther corner of the crowd, back of all of them.

Megha soon reached there and made a fuss as why wasn't the light turned on. She wondered aloud why the room was so dark despite it being a bright sunny morning. Well, here's the secret. We conceled the ventilators, windows and made the room as dark as possible. 

She fumbled with the light and as soon as the light was on, we all shouted, " Suprise!"; "Happy B'Day Megha!"

We had a dark blackforest cake set in the teacher's table. There was 26 candles set on it and Ria rushed to lit them all. Megha looked shell-shocked seeing the decorations, cake and most importantly all of us, there. She managed to ask in a bare whisper, " How.. How could you do, this?"

Ria, pushed her to blow the candles and make a wish. She was about to cut the cake when Ria signaled me to Come from the back. Sid cheered me along with the whole room. They parted way for me. It was like I was walking in a small streak of path. The cheer made Megha look up from the cake and when she faced me dressed in black suit, she just stared drinking me in. I could just recognize that look. I slowly made my way there, straight upto her, while she just kept her eyes fixed on me. Ria gracefully moved away, so that now I was standing face to face with Megha still staring me. I just pinched her nose, because I felt she looked cute, with that staring face on.

She just shook her head and laughed out loud. All remained silent, while Ria was freaking that I say my specch properly.

" Megha" I started, " seeing you the first day in my office, I just thought that you were just one of the girly, make-up obssesed patients that I have met till now. But you turned out to be much different than my prejudice. You were kind, affectionate, sacrificing, but you were also confused, troubled and tormented just like me. That fateful night, I was thinking how we, I mean Ria, you and I resemble in a way. Before, I knew it, I fell ill, recognised you as Geet and just to help me you pretended so. You had to put up with my trouble, trauma and lately by the ungrateful way you treated me. To cut the long speech speech short, along the line I realized that I was falling for you. That I am totally, irrevorecably in love with you. Yeah, I stole it from Twilight saga and I know, you are a big fan of it. So, what say, will you love me, cherish me and live forever with me?" I knelt down in the traditional style pulled out a velvet box. I pushed it her way, while she just had this shocked, amused look. Her emotions kept on changing throughout the speech. She was confused when I started, amused, shocked and by the end grinning like an idiot with tears in her eyes.

"I.. I will. I will forever..." She cried out and pulled me up for a hug. The crowd went mad and cheered so loud. When I looked at Ria, who had her arms wrapped around Sid, was throwing me a glare, because I cut short the specch and added my own touch to the speech. Yet nevertheless, she was happy. Everyone there was, so I and mEgha. While, I hugged Megha more tight, I knew one thing, that this isn't going to be the easiest journey to love. Eventhough it'd be filled with rough patches, bumps and i's own share of troubles I'd be happy until I have Megha by my side. Morevere, Am I person who give up? I smirked on my own amusing ego boasting thought. Afterall, Megha is sure going to inflate my ego, so I better boost mine. Haha..

&*&*

So, finally, Nivin, Geet, Dev and Megha have embarked a new journey. What say, people?

Nivin's proposal was really romantic, wasn't it?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 120K 84
The story is of two individuals Siddharth Khanna and Anusha Singh. Both were gems to their parents, both spoiled, both stubborn, friends adored them...
174K 5.3K 58
"She taught me how to love, not how to stop." *** Raghav Malhotra had it all. A big family, amazing parents, good looks and a shit load of money. Li...
50.9K 3K 53
"𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐎𝐍𝐄" One-year is all it takes for strangers to become deep lovers. One-year contract marriage is all takes to turn att...
14.9K 1.6K 13
(riansh ff) Her one single dream, his freedom, and their sinful desires make up this dreamy love story that half of us crave! it can be something we...