๐ƒ๐„๐’๐“๐ˆ๐๐„๐ƒ โžณ ๐•Š๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•“...

By AnimationzRule

๐— ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—บ๐—ถ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฆ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ to finish the battle by killing her to confirm her defeat, but... More

D E S T I N E D
P L A Y L I S T
Masumi Arc
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
Sasan Arc
XV
XVI
XVIII
ARTEMYRA ARC
XIX
XXI

XVII

843 50 16
By AnimationzRule

𝐒𝐚𝐬𝐚𝐧 𝐀𝐫𝐜 | 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑 :
𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘧 𝘢 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘦

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

❝  𝚃𝚠𝚘 𝚋𝚘𝚢𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚐𝚒𝚛𝚕 — 𝚋𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚠𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗 ❞

° ☆.* + °.

"SINBAD, I BEG YOU. Allow me join your crew and journey. Please, it is my greatest wish!" Mystras pleaded, his head uplifted in confidence. Until he remembered he wasn't speaking to the legendary dungeon capturer. He was only speaking to a lifeless, stone wall for practice, yet he still felt completely unprepared. A hopeless groan reverberated from his throat as he slumped against the wall. "Why can't I just speak to him like how I'm talking now?"

      "You're stressing too much."

      "GYAAAA!" The Sasan prince whipped his body around in panic, only to meet the stoic gaze of Masumi. It seemed to become a habit of the Fanalis scaring him

      "H-Hi Masumi! Aren't you going to look around with your crew?" He gestured to her comrades among the street of bustling citizens as they browsed throughout all the shops. Mystras had taken the task upon himself to guide around Sasan Kingdom the entire crew for the day, and he planned to ask Sinbad to let him join his journey. But Mystras had blown every opportunity that came his way and time was running out as the sun began to settle.

"They're nearly finished because we have to return to the inn soon. Also, I wanted to check on you," Masumi answered, "I was wondering why you were talking to a wall."

"You saw that?! Well I was just— Uh..." Mystras stammered while a scarlet blush flooded within his cheeks, flaming in embarrassment.

"Just ask Sinbad," The Fanalis stated bluntly, gesturing to the violet-haired boy as he and the crew slowly neared them.

      "It's not as easy as I thought it'd be. I'm really nervous," The prince fretted with a panicked sweat.

      "You weren't nervous when you stood up to the shopkeeper for me, nor the time you got a piercing with me," Masumi assured.

      Miserably, he slumped forward with a sigh. "But—"

      "Mystras," Her stern tone made the prince straighten as she stepped closer. "Don't doubt yourself. You are braver than you think and I believe in you."

      I believe in you... four words like music to his ears that made his heart melt. Oh, how he wished to savour and hear her siren-like voice speak those kind words again while he gazed into her bewitching eyes of ruby-red. How was it possible for Masumi to turn him into a mess of crimson blushes and embarrassing stutters, yet completely put him at ease with only a few words?

      "And I just realised I never properly thanked you for your help. I promise to offer my support if you need, to express my gratitude," The Fanalis added. But Mystras could barely hear anything besides his beating heart; it pounded and flipped crazily, almost bursting through his chest. His entire surroundings blurred around his focus of attention, a redheaded angel who could only exist in his dreams — Masumi.

      "Mystras? Did you hear me?" Masumi snapped the prince from his daydream, "You looked dazed for a whole minute."

"Oh! Sorry, I did hear you and I actually was hoping if you'd be near me until I finally ask Sinbad to join the crew. If you don't mind!" Mystras admitted.

"Of course," She nodded just as the crew finally reached them.

"Thank you for the tour around the kingdom Mystras but we must return to the inn before dusk," Ja'far politely expressed their gratitude, "Would you like to join us at the inn?"

"Yes, of course! I'd be happy to," Mystras immediately jumped at the offer. Excited, the prince followed Ja'far who strode further ahead of his slower-paced comrades. Before Masumi could catch up with the Sasan prince, Sinbad's voice brought her to a halt.

"Hey Masumi! I got a surprise for you~" The lilac-haired boy sang with a wide, toothy grin and hands hidden behind his back.

"Could you hold it until we get to the inn please?" She asked in usual monotone while Sinbad bounced on his toes eagerly. "But my excitement to show you the gift is making me impatient!"

"You'll survive, now I have to catch up with Mystras."

His bright smile dropped as the Fanalis advanced ahead without even glancing back. He intently watched the woman approach Mystras, his gleaming eyes of gold losing their star-like twinkle and the gift growing heavier in his hands. From behind, Hinahoho sucked harshly through clenched teeth and shook his head pitifully. "Tut, tut, tut... that must hurt."

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play dumb! You're jealous that Masumi just chose another man over you," Hinahoho bluntly stated.

"I'm not jealous and she didn't 'choose another man over me'. You're over-exaggerating," Sinbad argued.

"Really? So she didn't completely neglect your thoughtful surprise to walk with Mystras?" Hinahoho gestured to Masumi and Mystras, walking side by side. Sinbad glanced at the pair of redheads and lowered his amber eyes to the lonely gift in his hands. A chuckle suddenly escaped his lips as he slapped a hand on the Imuchakk's shoulder.

"Like I said Hinahoho, you're over-exaggerating and there is no reason for me to be jealous."

° ☆.* + °.

Mystras was ready. The entire crew had returned to the inn, Masumi was also present and he was finally ready.

"Sinbad..." The prince began. In sync, the crew looked at him in curiosity except the Fanalis. "Let me join your crew and explore the world. Please, take me with you!"

Sinbad and his comrades glanced at each other in shock, before Ja'far replied on their behalf. "We'd be more than happy for you to join us, but we're only here to set up a trade relationship—"

"NO!" Everyone snapped their heads to the sudden interruption, which was none other than a petite child. He couldn't have been more than 8 years old; a mini version of Mystras. The similarities between them were endless but the main resemblance was their rosy hair and one-sided bangs. He stepped towards Mystras, revealing his presence.

      "Spartos, what are you doing here?" The older prince acknowledged his younger sibling who frowned in concern.

       "Brother, I have a profound respect for you but will you please stay here in Sasan? There's only one person who can take on the role of Sasan King... that's you!"

Brother. The word repeated in Masumi's head like a record. As the she stared at the child, the Fanalis became lost in his eyes. Innocent, wide and adorable — just like her own baby brother. She could still remember him, even hear him."Sister, won't you stay a little longer?"

Mystras was prepared to leave his brother and explore the world, while she would give up the entire world to see her brother one more time.

      Snapping out of her daydream, she watched hostility creep into the prince's features as he lowered his gaze, hands squeezing into fists. "You should become king. Didn't you hear me before? I refuse to stay in this isolated world." He stated defiantly.

      Sinbad finally spoke up. "Alright, I'll take you with me." His usual grin had been wiped by a serious expression, brows furrowing sternly. "But you can't just leave this way, you have to responsible for your own decisions."

      "I understand, once a person is baptised as a Sasan Knight, they make a solemn promise to serve Sasan until they die. Beside death, there's only one way to resign..."

      The young child, Spartos, gasped fearfully with his eyes as wide as saucers. "But brother—"

      "Go Spartos. And tell our father that as of today, I'm officially leaving the knights." With heavy hearts, the brothers parted ways, Spartos bolting out of the inn and clenching his tear eyes shut while Mystras marched off to a place unknown to the crew.

      "I better organise our friend a room. He has enough stress already," Ja'far insisted considerately.

      "Yeah, I'll go check on him and bring him down for dinner soon," Hinahoho added, before both males seperate, leaving Masumi and Sinbad alone at the table to wait for dinner.

      The violet-haired boy silently stared at the Fanalis for a moment; she was completely dazed, staring into nothingness with a cloudy glint among her ruby eyes. It looked like Masumi was in an entirely different world. "What are you thinking about?"

      Immediately, the redhead snapped her eyes to Sinbad, finally returning to reality. "Nothing important."

      "Are you sure? You looked concerned," Sinbad mentioned as the gears in his mind began turning, "You're thinking of Mystras's little brother aren't you?"

      Does he remind you of your own brother? Sinbad never spoke the question aloud but Masumi could sense his unspoken words clearly and responded with a nod.

"He looked so upset," The Fanalis stated, her sharp features softening with worry. She had an obvious soft spot for children.

Sinbad suddenly beamed like a light bulb switching on. "Let me cheer you up. A frown doesn't look as beautiful as your smile," He flattered while revealing a small box — the surprise he'd been so eager to gift her.

"Because nothing makes me happier than unnecessary gifts and wasted money," Sarcasm dripped from her tone as Masumi furrowed her thin brows, "Stop buying stuff for me."

"Nothing could be wasted on you. I would spoil you with the entire world if you'd let me," Sinbad retaliated with a charming grin. The Fanalis opened her mouth to argue but Sinbad cut her off. "And don't tell me to 'stop flirting' because I'm not, so just open the surprise already."

      After he took the words right from her mouth, Masumi scolded softly in amusement. It was like he could read her mind sometimes.

She finally obliged and opened the small package to reveal an intricate glass bottle with a round base rising into a skinny neck that attached to a diamond-shape lid. Swishing within the glass was a clear, lime-tinted liquid as Masumi uncapped the bottle and curiously sniffed the contents.

      "A jasmine fragrance bottle?" The Fanalis stated with a brow arched in puzzlement as a strong yet aromatic scent exploded among her nostrils.

      "Yup," Sinbad nodded in confirmation.

      "While I'm extremely grateful of your gift, is this a subtle method of informing me that I reek?" She asked as her brow interrogatively rose higher.

      The lilac-haired man laughed, unbothered by her narrowed eyes of crimson. "Of course not, you smell pleasant."

      "Well thank you, it smells amazing but can I ask why you chose to bestow me with a gift, more specifically, jasmine?"

      "While we were exploring through the kingdom, the perfume reminded me of you," Sinbad explained while the Fanalis leaned forward curiously, "After all, Jasmine is your mother's name right? I thought a fragrance of the flower she was named after would be a good gift."

      Silence hung in the air as Masumi intently stared at her violet-haired comrade without responding. Sinbad cocked his head confusedly, for her usual stoic expression had been wiped by a mesmerised gaze — full lips parted and scarlet eyes widened as they gleamed vividly.

      "I hope the present isn't too nostalgic. I understand if you'd rather-"

      "You remembered my mother's name?" Masumi finally spoke, admiration creeping into her fine feature.

      "Of course, you told me during the story on the ship. How could I forget the name of the incredible person who brought you into this world? Without Jasmine, I would never have been blessed to have you in my life let alone meet you. If only you could have avoided the tragic circumstances that tangled our destinies together," Sinbad sighed, referring to the loss of her family.

      "Sin..." Masumi spoke lowly as her head dropped. The lilac-haired man widened his eyes as the nickname spilled from her lips for the first time. But her tone and sunken gaze worried him. Was she sad? Angry?

      Sinbad leaned closer in concern until Masumi lifted her head with the most joyous smile spread across her glowing cheeks which nearly made his heart nearly burst through his chest.

      "This is the sweetest thing ever!" She literally pounced across the table and flung her arms around him in a fond hug, almost tackling him off . Her warmth, along with the new scent of jasmine, engulfed him comfortingly and she squeezed him with endless joy. Sinbad had experienced the embrace of many women, yet no other female made his entire body melt like Masumi.

      "How can I express my gratitude to you?" The Fanalis muttered in his ear, her chin sitting upon his broad shoulder. Sinbad returned the hug and rested his hands above Masumi's waist.

"Witnessing your joy is enough, for your smile can put any shining star to shame," He smoothly answered like a gentleman. A burning sensation flamed in Masumi's cheeks as she hid her face in Sinbad's neck until he spoke again. "But if you really want to show your gratitude, we could—"

      A low, rumbling growl from her throat interrupted Sinbad as she gripped him tighter — it wasn't a happy grip. "Don't ruin it Sinbad"

      "Alright, I'm just teasing," He chuckled. His golden eyes suddenly closed in bliss when she nuzzled her nose into the crook of his neck and her pillowy breasts unintentionally pressed against him.

      He could get used to this.

      "Uh — Sinbad? Masumi?"

      All too soon, the Fanalis retracted from their embrace to discover their freckles comrade gawking in utter confusion. "Are you alright Masumi?" Ja'far asked warily after seeing the unemotional redhead hug Sinbad so affectionately.

      "Of course, I'm just happy," She answered, lips still curled and ruby-red eyes twinkling as she seated herself next to the lilac-haired man, unbothered by the small space between them.

      Despite his puzzlement, Ja'far smiled in content at her response and joined his comrades at the table. "Well that's good to hear."

      After minutes of friendly chatter shared between the three, Hinahoho and Mystras finally returned, just in time for dinner. But not even the smell or sight of a freshly cooked meal could distract the Imuchakk man from Masumi's small yet glowing smile as she sat next to Sinbad. For a girl with a serious issue of personal space, she seemed completely unfazed by the lack of distance between her and the violet-haired man. Hinahoho even noticed a star-like glint appear in his leader's golden eyes everytime he glanced at the redhead.

"Hey, what's that you got there Masumi?" Hinahoho asked, feigning a clueless look even though he immediately recognised the box, better known as the surprise that Sinbad wanted to gift her.

"It's jasmine perfume," She replied, her dazzling eyes crinkling more in joy, "Would you like to smell it?"

He accepted the offer with his large hands, handling the glass bottle very delicately as possible while sniffing the armotic contents, "That's great! Where'd you get such a lovely item from?"

"It was a gift from Sinbad."

     "What a thoughtful present, he really cares about you, right Sinbad?"

       Acting oblivious to his double meaning words, the dungeon capturer smiled serenely at Hinahoho. "Of course. I care about all my friends dearly."

"Yeah sure," The burly man sighed in defeat (for now) before his iconic toothy grin appeared once more, "If you care so much, you won't let your friend drink alone now would you?"

"Never! Waitress, bring us two drinks please," Sinbad instantly replied with a wide smile that matched Hinahoho's as they eagerly waited for their alcohol.

       "Oh dear," Ja'far sighed dreadfully. He would no doubt have to care for a pair of drunken idiots before the big ends.

While the males chatted loudly over dinner, Masumi listened quietly as usual, yet unlike other times, a smile still lingered upon her lips as she ate, unbeknown to the secret glances sent towards her from Mystras, who was mentally preparing himself to start a conversation.

      "So Masumi," The prince got her attention, "I noticed when I read Sinbad's book, there was a song that you wrote. Do you sing?" Mystras asked nervously; she only nodded in response. How is he suppose to reply!? How could he carry on their conversation? Should he—

      "I guess I do sing but I prefer not to," Masumi spoke, which calmed the prince's internal panic. Maybe he could speak to her without ridiculing himself.

      "Sinbad actually helped me with the lyrics, but he never gives himself any credit for it. He was also my inspiration of the song."

      "Really? Well, Sinbad inspires me too. Once I leave the knights, I wish to explore the world and go on adventures just like him!" Mystras rambled, his star-strucked eyes focused on the adventurer who was laughing at the drunk Imuchakk warrior. An image of Sinbad teaching the prince his womaniser ways made the Fanalis nose scrunch up in distaste. Hopefully Mystras didn't follow everything Sinbad did.

      "What must you do in order to leave the knights?" Masumi asked. Immediately, his features, once lit up in excitement, darkened broodingly and his hands clenched into tight fists. All his burdening responsibilities came crashing down upon him once again.

     "Tomorrow in the palace, I must battle all the leader Knights and win, before I have to duel against my father. If I then defeat the Knight King, his position will be handed over to me and I will be the most powerful person in Sasan, which means I will have the free will to leave. I've been practising my skills constantly, but I still worry that I will lose which means that as the defeated, I will lose my head."

      A grim silence filled the air between the redheads while doubts and worries flooded into Mystras's head. He could physically feel his shoulders sinking under the weight of his burden — his title as the son of the Knight King and heir to the throne which chained him to this isolated country. What if he failed? What if he wasn't strong enough? What if—

     "Fight hard." Masumi's voice broke through the insecurities rambling in his head. Mystras met her intense stare, ferocious red eyes burning into him like lasers. "If you really wish to succeed and achieve your dream, don't hold back anything. You are very capable and an amazing warrior. So fight hard," Masumi encouraged.

She wasn't the greatest at giving inspiring yet dramatic speeches like Sinbad nor offer warmth and comfort like Rurumu. But her encouragement was enough to uplift Mystras's spirits again and for that, he was grateful.

"I w-will," Mystras stammered, a pink blush staining his complexion.

"Good. Because I'd be proud for you to join our adventures."

       His heart bursted in joy just by hearing her words. And so did Mystras, "And I'd be honoured to join. So on this day, I swear to fight hard and follow you to the ends of the world Masumi! Nothing in this world will stop me."

       For a moment, Mystras panicked as the Fanalis simply blinked after his outburst, but she then nodded with a petite smile that made him swoon.

      He had always dreamed of freedom and adventures. But now, he had something else to fight for. And there was nothing in this world that could stop him.

° ☆.* + °.

      The next morning, Sinbad and his crew had kept a vacant spot at the table for Mystras; however, the prince never appeared and his room was empty.

      "Where would he have gone?" Hinahoho thought aloud to his comrades, as they left the inn and out into the street where the morning sun shine brightly.

      "At the palace. He told me he must pass a trial in order to leave the Knights order," Masumi told her comrades, remembering the information Mystras had shared with her.

      "What sort of trial?" Ja'far asked.

       Before the Fanalis could explain, she sensed a sudden swarm of birds flood the air, the same glowing creatures that always mysteriously appeared. But there were many this time; a massive flock. She hadn't ever seen so many and so clearly, not even when Sinbad summoned the power of his djinns. Curiously, Masumi let her gaze follow the trail of petite birds which led towards a man; a rather strange-looking man. Had he always been there? He certainly didn't appear to be a local of Sasan, in fact, he didn't look like a citizen of any country Masumi knew. She couldn't identify his unusual, emerald-green clothes nor his soft features — extremely long, blond (almost white) hair pulled into a loose braid and gentle eyes of a light blue, like the colour of a cloudless sky. But the weirdest aspect of the stranger, unlike any other person, was that he attracted dozens of the glowing birds — they absolutely loved him.

"What are you doing here Yunan?" Sinbad asked the stranger.

"Hey Sin, who is that?" Ja'far questioned. Even Masumi listened with a deep curiosity.

"He's the traveller that led me to Baal's dungeon two years ago, and then he helped me get home again. But actually, I don't really know who he is," Sinbad answered while the Fanalis attention drifted from the conversation as she slipped into her thoughts.

Yunan. Masumi eyed him, not suspiciously but rather warily. Although neither she or Sinbad were aware of the strangers true identity, she could clearly sense that his weird aura was pure and non-threatening, just as he looked. But the strangest part was that she has never heard of or seen this man in her life and yet she felt (as cliche as it sounded) connected to Yunan, like their lives were tied somehow.

"The Rukh around you is strange."

Masumi blinked in surprise as she returned to reality only to discover the stranger, Yunan, standing right in front of her. He hummed studiously as he inspected her with baby-blue eyes coated in curiosity.

"I've never sensed such an aura, yet for some reason I feel completely familiar with you..." Yunan commented before his lips tugged into a genuine smile, "How interesting."

"HUH?" The crew stammered cluelessly; the redhead simply arched her eyebrow, wearing her stoic look as she responded.

"You're weird too," Masumi replied, earning a soft chuckle from the Yunan.

"You are an intriguing person, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on you too. Well, until next time..." He bid his goodbyes before the image of his figure faded along with the glowing butterflies.

       Next time?

⊱ ────── {⋅. ✯ .⋅} ────── ⊰

Quick message: I'd like to apologise for the very long break I took and poorly written chapter, definitely wasn't edited because I've been kicking myself for not publishing sooner. I'll try be consistent more.

Hope y'all had a good Christmas and New year!

AnimationzRule

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61K 2.1K 22
The Fanalis were a well-known people; the famed hunters and conquerors of the Dark Continent. With legs stronger than steel that could pierce a lion'...
73.6K 2.9K 24
Yasmine is a woman of mysteries. Mysteries that she,herself, doesn't know about. She never asked questions. The one thing she does know is that she'...
49.1K 1.4K 11
(Y/n) was a well known princess from the kingdom (k/n). After bandits took over the kingdom, (y/n)'s parents got her to a boat to sail off. Her paren...
7.6K 183 3
A princess of a foreign land has come to Sindria to join the vassals of Sinbad. When she arrives she spots a lone man asleep in the woods and is inst...