Merthur One Shots

By Chess-chwan

just merthur fluff *I don't own the show or the characters!* More

The Last Dragonlord
When He Can't Hold Back
The Dolma
The Warmth a Cold Brings
It Could Be You
Drunk Merlin
Distance Only Brings Them Closer
The Things They Don't Notice
Just a Little Fight
Not a Usual Hangover
When He Finds Out
Coming Back to Me
From a Racing Car to a Racing Heart
Behind the Mountains
The Little Things
Strong Strong Love
Only Time
His Merlin Time (smut)
Not That Fake Dating
Who He Truly Wants
Not That Bad a Morning
The One Who Knows Him
The Way You Play
A Cold And a Blanket
He's Just Jealous
And You Thought He Didn't Notice You
With a Little Bit of Luck
Who Else Could? (Part 1)
I Need You So Much Closer (Part 2)
Pale Blue
Feels Familiar, Doesn't It?
Gwaine the Matchmaker?
He Was the Darkness
Just a Commentary
I Believed In You
Cruel Reminder
A Little Drunken Mistake
Gossip Gossip
That Damned Destiny

Scars?

10.3K 329 114
By Chess-chwan

Requested by kuromidnight25. I did my best into writing this chapter and even added a little bit of Merthur here and there. I rlly hope you'll enjoy this!

•••

"I never thought I'd be so god damn grateful for a bath!" Gwaine stated happily, letting the nice feeling of the cool water envelop him.

"The first time for anything is always exciting, isn't it?" Percival taunted while joining his friend in the lake, followed by Lancelot, Leon, Elyan and Arthur.

They had been on a hunt for five whole days in the burning sun of the summer days without so much as a raindrop falling from the sky and now, on their way back to Camelot, they gave in to the inviting water that sparkled almost hypnotically in the afternoon light.

"Merlin!" Gwaine called out to the boy who was left standing on the shore. "What are you doing?"

"What are you waiting for? Come in!" Elyan followed, watching his friend with a questioning look in his eyes.

"Uh, I'm pretty much alright here!"

Merlin had taken his shoes and socks off and he undid the laces to his tunic, his sleeves now tucked up above his elbows. He was most clearly not alright there and he was suffering from the burning sun on his back just as much as the others.

"Come on, Merlin!" Arthur called out as well, a playful smirk on his lips. "Never knew you had a problem undressing in front of us!" he taunted, though he knew very well that wasn't the reason his friend denied to get into the water. But he didn't know the real reason either and he didn't like it.

Even after learning of Merlin's magic, the boy still remained a riddle wrapped in an enigma with a puzzle as the cherry on top. And Arthur honestly hated that. Hated the feeling it gave him. The feeling that he was the worst friend to ever walk the earth for not being able to tell what was going on inside Merlin's mind.

But it was alright. After all, not even Merlin knew what was going on inside his head most of the time. Maybe that's why he was such an enigma, after all.

"Yeah, Merlin! Are you actually this shy?" Leon asked while dangerously coming out of the water with Percival and Elyan, playful smirks on their lips.

They didn't know what was keeping Merlin away from the cool water, but they wanted him to enjoy himself a little, as well. He deserved it more than any of them, anyway.

Merlin started backing away with slow, yet steady steps. He wouldn't get into that damned water for the life of him. Taking his shirt off meant that they would see. No way he would let them see. But the knights had no way of knowing what really was going on inside the raven's head, so they approached quickly, causing Merlin's eyes to flicker crazily with fear and anticipation.

Gwaine was left chuckling in the water, though his smile really hid his worry. He knew something was wrong. Lancelot and Arthur stayed out of it as well, sometimes exchanging intrigued looks.

"Well, come on then!" Percival spoke before quickly grabbing Merlin's arms and holding him tight in one spot while Leon and Elyan worked on getting the boy's shirt off.

"No! I'm serious, I don't wanna go in! Please stop!" Merlin pleaded, trying to free himself from his friend's grip.

Fear and terror rose within him with every passing second. He wouldn't let them see. He just couldn't!

His eyes flashed gold and he was about to magically release himself of Percival's iron grip, but he was one second too late. Elyan now stood triumphantly with Merlin's red tunic in his hand, though his grin faltered so quick that it left you wondering wether it was there in the first place.

Merlin did his best to cover his torso with his arms and looked down, refusing to meet any of the knights' glances. Everyone stared at him in disbelief and somehow they all waited for someone to say something, do something, yet none of them had the courage to. All they could do was look their friend's body up and down, their foreheads wrinkling with every scar they noticed and, oh boy, weren't there many. Sword slashes, knife cuts and arrow wounds decorated the so pale skin of the raven haired boy, some of them as old as he could remember, others still not completely healed, the rosy pink colour still lingering. But the whip marks on his back were most alarming, one of them snaking over his shoulder and almost reaching his collar bone. Arthur had wondered how in the world did he not see it, though he quickly remembered rare were the times he saw his manservant without that neckerchief on. It finally dawned on him why.

"Oh god", Leon muttered with a shocked sigh and that was all Merlin needed to reach out for his shirt and disappear in the woods, leaving the group look at his no longer bare back as he walked further and further away.

Arthur was the first one to move as he quickly got out of the water, threw his clothes on, honestly not caring how wet they would get, and rushed off after his friend, leaving the knights behind to glance between each other, worry and confusion written all over their faces.

∆∆∆

Merlin fell to the ground with a loud thud and a deep sigh, letting his head fall back and rest against the tree that supported him. He closed his eyes, concentrating on all the magic flowing in and out of his body, on the whisper of the wind and the murmur of the leaves, on the song of the birds and the giggle of the stream, on his sacred connection with everything surrounding. He slowly, gradually, started to calm down, his hands no longer shaking and his eyes no longer flickering. Opening his eyes, he looked through the thick layer of leaves above him to the clear sky that now started catching a light shade of pink from the soon setting sun and inhaled deeply the sweet aroma of nature all around him. He even let a small smile slip on his lips, not feeling all that distraught anymore.

His peace of mind was short lived, though, as he heart a few branches snap somewhere to his right and steady, yet impatient steps approaching him. He quickly looked away, trying to guess who was the one to follow him. Could it have been Gwaine? Maybe Lancelot, he was the one with the sentimental talk, after all. Or maybe Elyan, feeling guilty that he was the one to take the shirt off. Percival and Leon, too, having taken a part in it. But Merlin was, although he wouldn't admit it for the world, pleasantly surprised to hear Arthur's voice call out his name in a soft manner.

"Merlin!"

But Merlin didn't look at his friend, nor did he give any sign that he acknowledged his presence. He just continued to stare at his feet, watching full of interest as an ant made its way along the dry ground.

Arthur heaved a sigh and took a seat next to the boy, before speaking again. He wasn't going to let this go.

"Do you remember? When I found out about your magic?" When Merlin didn't answer, Arthur continued: "Do you remember what you promised that day? No more secrets?"

Merlin only nodded slightly, watching as the ant now struggled to climb a stick.

"I thought you were a man of your word?" The ant fell.

"Why did you decide to keep such a thing from me?" It steadied itself and started climbing again.

"You know why", Merlin finally spoke, his voice hoarse. The ant was now halfway through to reach the top.

"This is no way to live, Merlin. Bearing everything on your own just for the sake of not hurting others!" An unexpected gust of wind moved the stick ever so slightly, but it caused the ant to fall again.

"But you're blaming yourself now, aren't you?" Yet again, as if it were a never ending cycle, the ant started climbing again.

"That's because I care for you, you idiot!" Arthur had now started to watch the ant as well, wrinkling his forehead at it's struggle.

"Just as you care for others, you are cared for, Merlin! So let me help you. Let me be by your side as well." Arthur now reached out a finger and helped the ant up, the little insect finally finding itself at the top.

It was just then that Merlin looked up, straight into those sky blue eyes that he so loved. Relief was clear on his face. Relief. Why was he relieved? He didn't know.

"Let me see?" Arthur demanded on a soft tone, though it came out as a plead rather than a command.

Merlin found himself complying without a second thought as he reached for the bottom of his tunic and pulled it over his head, though still not meeting Arthur's eyes. He knew that he would only find guilt and anger there, so he didn't look.

But his eyes could no longer stay fixated on the ground when he felt two fingers softly brush against his pale skin, soothing one of the more recent scars, moving then to older ones and up and down his whole back. Merlin had to restrain a shudder at the nice touch he secretly craved and his heart skipped a beat when he saw the look of concentration on the king's face. He wasn't wrong. Guilt and pain were predominant in the blond's eyes, but there was also something else. Something Merlin could not quite place.

When Arthur's hand came to a stop on Merlin's lower back, he looked up again and met his friend's gaze. And they stayed like that for a long time, their eyes speaking thousands of words, mirroring the feelings they both recognized well by then. Arthur's hand was still firm on Merlin's back and the boy found himself leaning into the touch. None of them dared move for fear that it would all fall apart, that it would all end, that so intimate moment. And the meaning of it, they both knew it well. It all went without saying, the warmth of a touch, the closeness of two bodies, the love in their eyes.

It was long before they finally, slowly stood up, not breaking eye contact for a second.

"We should head back", Arthur all but whispered, earning a nod from Merlin. "I bet those idiots are freaking out by now!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.5K 1.2K 17
just fluffy oneshots about kinnporsche characters bcuz the head canons are not enough . Warning:i don't own any of these character. . . . . #wh...
166K 5.3K 23
A collection of oneshots dedicated to the amazing show that is: Merlin. [don't really write anymore but any new one shots will be posted to my ao3 (...
5.4K 51 17
Just a bunch of Wandanat one shots -- I don't own any of the Marvel characters!
12.5K 229 24
Just some merlin one-shots for you to enjoy. *I don't own BBC's Merlin*