atla one shots

By Polarbear-Pancake

Just a whole bunch of one shots for Avatar: the Last Airbender. I personally like Zuko a bunch, so these will... More

1- skin n bones
2- cuddles
3-fire
4- past abuse
5- touch starved
6-kid
7-inner fire
8-blind/deaf
9-father
10- wings
11- attack
12- omega
13-scars
14- helping
15-fever
16- shifters
17- secret
18- prisoner Zuko
19-spirit
21-sleep deprived
22- protective
23- home
24- never have I ever
25-hanging around
26 - Combustion man
27- soulmates
28 - HTTYD AU
29 - chained and whipped
30 - bleeding out
31 - tears
32 - magic AU
33 - Hero Au

20-polyamorous

2.6K 34 25
By Polarbear-Pancake

I'm being bad. I promised myself I wouldn't  the do anything with more than friendship, and I am. This is going to be Katara x Aang x Sokka x Toph, and Zuko loves all of them and is trying to get in. But, can he?

Zuko's POV

I watch as they snuggle and giggle with each other, pointing out constellations, with Toph simply pointing in random areas of the sky and giving them names. I would give anything to be over there, talking, laughing and cuddling, but I am not welcome, and probably never will be. Not with how untrustworthy and cruel I've shown myself to be, in the months chasing them. I sigh and turn around, heading back to the small fire I made a good 20 feet away. I settle down and stare at the fire, before breathing in and letting it grow, letting it out and lowering it. I close my eyes and continue, glad to have something else to focus on. My heart aches and lurches in my chest, demanding I confess and everything will be ok, but this isn't some fairy tale. This is real life, in the middle of a war, and I have not been deemed worthy for even a second glance, so I ignore my heart, however much I wish to listen to it. With a groan, I lie on my side and rest my head in an arm, the other holding the handle of my swords. Hopefully, sleeping will give me a reprieve. Hopefully.

Toph's pov

I can feel his heartbeat and his focus. Softer and more steady when he's focused on one of us, stronger and less steady when he's not watching us and faint when he's ignoring it, trying to let us be happy, without him. I nudge Sokka, who turns from Katara and nods. We all get up, and I smile, because I'm pretty sure Zuko will wake up one of these times. One of them... maybe. I hope he does, cause I really want him to join us. He'd be the perfect heater. His heart is kind and doesn't lie, telling me how much he really wishes to be with us, but he deemed himself unworthy and hasn't let us get our second glance. Sokka carefully sets a blanket over Zuko, while I bend the ground under him smoother, Aang rearranges his limbs and Katara runs her fingers through his hair. Maybe we can convince them that he's a great partner after all. The way they act, I think Sokka's already on our side and is just trying to get Katara to understand why we like him.Soon enough, we've got him set up and hopefully, he'll get more than his measly four hours of sleep. I grin and make my tent as quietly as possible, before getting comfortable and sleeping.

Aang's pov (next morning)

His movements are so graceful, and smooth, and he's confident, the fire moving to his will. It's amazing and I love that, the fire no longer intent on burning us is our strongest watchdog, our strongest defense and offense, maybe bested by me, and only because I have a wider option. I hate how Katara and Sokka don't believe Toph and I, especially when we say he'd make a great addition, adding something they don't even know they want, but we're working on it. Slowly, but surely. 

"Ok, now try and copy that. Be carefully, it is an advanced move."

I nod and carefully go through the motions, pausing and letting him change my stance when it feels wrong. He's always so gentle, never yelling or arguing with me, despite how he acts normally, and it's rather nice. Wonder if there's any way to show Katara and Sokka this side of him, the one that isn't hidden behind a mask of anger. He nods and I smile, getting a grin back from him, before I try it with fire. The last shot is a little far, and it's heading towards Katara and Sokka, who are too busy talking with each other to actually dodge it. I open my mouth to shout a warning, but a red blur darts past me.

Katara pov 

"... do they really think he'd be that great? I mean, he's nothing special."

"Well, I don't  know, he does move pretty gracefully, and his face is amazing. His words are always polite though, and that rubs me the wrong way, because polite is Zuko never. Unless necessary. "

I look up, feeling something in my gut, only to see fire bearing down on us. I pause in shock, and then the stream is being moved, even if it's jerky and wild. It moves along the wall, and then it's let out in the canyon, dying out. I blink in shock, before looking back to see who saved us. Zuko stands in the middle of the courtyard, his arms shaking and sweat pouring off him as he holds one position, before he collapses. He's gasping and coughing lightly, but I worry as I race forward. The water in his body is less than usual, he's getting dehydrated and fast. I quickly start to heal him, feeling his muscles and lungs working under me, even as his heart beats calm and steady. I blink. Wait... no one's heart beats calm and steady at this time. Why is his? I focus and then it comes to me so simply, it almost hurts: he trusts me. Even if I don't and I hate on him, he trusts me. I try not to cry as I finish healing him a best I can, before throwing my arms around him in thanks.

Who'd have thought, this person would be the one to rescue us, and not just kidnap Aang? Maybe he has changed. After all, I saw how gentle he was with Aang during training, a few days ago and he's always gentle and cautious with Toph, despite her punches and attitude, he spars with Sokka, never going all out, but certainly not just giving the win either. Hell, he's tried to help me too, with dishes or clothes or anything, which is something more said than the other guys. Maybe having him in would be good for us.

Sokka pov

With moves like Zuko's, I can see why the other two would like him to join, but I am having problems convincing Katara that he's worth it. She thinks he's less than, but he really is something we need in our relationship. Maybe if we can get him in, she will see what we're talking about. I watch with an ache as she works to heal him, while sharing worried glances with Aang, before she stops and throws her arms around him. He obviously is still exhausted, but he brings a hand up to gently grip her arm, his way of hugging back, since she attacked him from behind. Even exhausted and hurting, he's gentle and caring, trusting all of us completely to guard him, but allow him to protect us when we need it. He's the reliable shield, unbreakable, unless hit in that one weak point and it shatters. I hope we never find that spot, but we might have to, to try and help him guard it. Maybe even so we know and can comfort him, since that weak spot seems like it might be something buried from his past,something that still hurts him. It might have something to do with the scar as well.However, his gentleness is something we need. None of us are hard or tough when we get sweet together, pointing out stars or cuddling close or even just leaning against one another watching clouds, but we aren't exactly nice or gentle about it either. But, he could and is, so we definelty need to have him, plus he's not too hard on the eyes. Bonus!

Zuko's POV

I ache all over, but I guess for the first time, this might be a good thing, since Katara doesn't seem to currently hate me, for one reason or another. Then she looks up and relaeases me, before turning to face the other two and nodding. I blink in surprise, but I'm too tired and weak right now to honestly care what that might mean... until Aang crouches in front of me and pulls me into a kiss. I kiss back before I can stop myself, but pull back in horror and try to apologize, before another mouth cuts me off. Sokka pulls back and grins, before Katara comes forward and gives a gentler kiss. I blink, still confused, before asking my question.

"What are you doing? Isn't this... cheating, or something!?"

They laugh or chuckle or giggle, before another rougher, harder hand clamps onto the back of my neck and pulls me up, another pair of lips meeting mine for a short few seconds, before pulling back. Toph is smiling widely, before she moves the slabs of earth under us and slides us over to the spot where they normally sleep. What are they doing?!? Surely they don't actually want me, not with how much trouble and pain I've caused them over the last few months, especially forcing them to grow up much too quickly, in order to survive in a war. I'm not a good person and yet...

"Sunshine, Twinkle toes and I have been trying to get Snoozles and Sugar Queen to agree to dating you for a while, before you even joined our group, but they wouldn't agree for one reason or another. Something you did, proved to Katara you would make  good partner, and she finally agreed. That means, it's not cheating, since we all agreed to it, and your heart gives you away, so of course you'll accept."

"I... can't."

My voice is weak and hoarse, because as much as I would love to, I would destroy it in a minute flat, just by being with them. I would destroy the very thing they treasure, their relationship, by simply joining in. Anything treasured or loved, I somehow or another break, just by being near it, which really makes me wanna flee, but with the way they're sitting and all focus in me, I won't have that chance. Not now, at least.

"Why... not? Is something wrong with one of us? Are we too low or you too high?"

"I am too low. With how I am, I would some how destroy the very thing you treasure, your relationship and each other. I'm not even sure why you would want me to be with you, with how much I mess up and destroy everything I touch."

They all blink in shock and turn to one another, giving me the chance to slip away unnoticed. I get to the top of the cliff and sit down, trying to calm my mind and smooth my physically aching heart. I close my eyes and try to breathe deeply, but my heart makes it harder, which  makes my mind more in turmoil, which makes my heart hurt more, in a never ending cycle. However, a hand settling on my chest startles me, even as it calms my breathing and eases the hurt. I open my eyes to all of them gathered around me, their hands linked over my heart, soothing the hurt in it. 

I sigh and give in, deciding it's not worth it and I might as well give in to my feelings. I rest my head on them and completely relax, something  I've tried to never do over the last three years. My shoulders slump and I heave a heavy sigh, silent tears sliding down my cheeks. Gentle fingers  remove them, before the rest are crowding closer, all of them touching me and comforting me in any way possible. I smile and nuzzle closer to all of them, letting out a yelp when we fall backwards, the earth smoothing out and a blanket settling over us, even as hands grab mine, or heads rest in my chest, while I rest on Sokka's chest. 

I let everyone settle, getting comfortable myself, before letting their presence completely surround me, in a way nothing but Uncle's smell ever has.  Maybe this is what it means to be loved. Maybe, maybe I can be something worth while. As I slip into a gentle sleep, surrounded by warmth and love, I feel a small genuine smile settle on my lips. 

Toph's pov

Took him long enough.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 80 3
A boy who had lost his memory but had to sacrificed everything and everyone dear to him must embark on a journey that will change the state of the wo...
107K 1.2K 19
just some appreciation for a new favorite ship of mine. mainly just oneshots and short stories. tagged as mature (and 18+!) because of language, sexu...
885 66 6
AVATAR : THE LAST AIRBENDER. ❛ ─── I pray my bad dreams will be devoured by your burning light. ❜ ❪ © loverayz & © rkiives 2024 ❫ ❪ fem! oc 𝔁 zuko ❫
93.9K 2.2K 27
(Zuko x oc) The Avatar and Zuko are strong but Aang must learn how to strengthen his fire bending. Kai is reluctant at first but she'll soon realize...