Her Hunter ~Resurrection~ S...

By Xniera

This is book 2 in the Her Hunter series Dean and Elena had been on the road together happy. Saving people... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Author's Note

Chapter 23

225 9 0
By Xniera

"This is wrong Dean, and you know it." Sam said as they drove to see the other hunters. He had called them this morning to see where they were.

Dean drove in the direction that Garth had told him the other hunters were staying. They were a husband and wife team, posing as honeymooners. Caroline had turned her old house into a nice bed and breakfast, and they just happen to be staying there.

Dean gripped his steering wheel tightly, knowing what he was doing was wrong, but he was convincing himself it was for the best. For Elena.

"Don't you think I know that Sam? But I think if anyone should kill him, it should be us. I've met Stefan and Caroline. They don't seem bad, and they aren't like the other vampires we have hunted. We just need to get these hunters out of town. They are only after Damon right now. Let's just get them gone for now. Ok?"

"I hope you know what you're doing Dean."

"Ya. You and me both."

Dean pulled up in the driveway. He had called them first, so they knew they were coming.

They came out to greet them, like close friends happy to see them. Putting on a good show for the neighbors. Incase any more were around.

"Sam! Dean! It's so good to see you! Won't you come in?"

"It's good to see you too." Sam said back, but he didn't remember her name. They had never actually met. Just heard of eachother. Walking inside, Sam and Dean went to the couch to sit down.

"Sam, Dean, what brings you to this town."

"Actually, we were following the trail of a vampire, and he had brought us here."

Dean rubbed his hands together and sat back on the couch.

"He got you here too, huh. Any leads?"

"Yes, actually... we already took him out."

"What! He was our hunt Dean!"

"Well, we didn't know you were even here til after and we called Garth. He had said you guys were here for the same thing. So, we just figured we'd let you know so you don't waste any time. We took care of it. And searched the town for the past few days. There aren't anymore. Right Sam?"

"Yup. We got him."

"Can we see him?"

"If we hadn't burned the body I'd take you right to it. But we burn the bodies of these. Just in case."

"Well, I guess the case is closed honey. Might as well get to the next case. This was a waste. Thanks to the Winchesters. Again."

Sam and Dean smiled, apologetically. It was their job. But he felt guilty for lying to them. They should be killing Damon. Not trying to save him.

"The next case we get we'll give you a heads up if you want it. Ok? We may be taking a break for a while."

Sam shot Dean a quick glance.

"No thanks. We don't need any pity hunts. We can do this fine on our own."

Sam and Dean stood up and walked over to the door. Watching her go get her bags, so they could leave too.

"Well, regardless... it was nice to meet you guys."

"Ya. Ya. Wish I could say the same. You may be the best hunters out there, but you're also the worst. Opening gates to hell, making sure Angel's fall, letting purgatory open up."

Sam started to get mad.

"Hey, we stopped the apocalypse, and kept the world from ending multiple times! And by the way, it was an Angel that made the Angel's fall. Not us."

"Ya, and you're probably the ones that started the apocalypse."

"Ok, that's enough. We could have just let you waste your time here and not have told you, but instead we made sure you didn't. So your welcome!"

Sam said, as he ushered Dean out the door, and to the car. The door had slammed behind them.

Getting in the car, Dean started the car and drove away.

"They aren't very good at their job, if they don't know that there are more of them here. But they aren't looking for your typical vampires. The ones here are different."

"Ya. They suck." Dean said, as they began driving back to Jeremy and Bonnie's house.
"So, Dean. You said we may be taking a break. Why would you say that?"

"Well, after Elena has the baby, I'm gonna sit things out for a while. I guess I just figured you would too since I wouldn't be there."
Sam looked a little offended.
"Dean, I've hunted without you before. I think I can handle it."

Dean looked over to Sam from his driving quickly.

"Well, it won't be for a little bit. She's only a few months right now anyways. We can just discuss this at a later time."

"Dean, there's nothing to discuss. I'm not taking a break. I don't need to."

"Ok Sam." Dean decided to let it go. For now.

It was just barely lunch time, and Caroline was inviting everyone to the boarding house for a big meal. She had been learning how to cook, since she has so much time on her hands. She had filled the kitchen with all kinds of things to cook with from a homemade pasta maker, to a double stack stove, so she could have people over. She started volunteering at the high school, as the gym teacher. Mainly so she could be in charge of the cheerleaders and all the other events. Living out her glory days is what Bonnie keeps saying to her. But it makes her happy. She bakes cookies and muffins for the bake sale from some old family recipes that were left for her mother.

Elena was still at Bonnie and Jeremy's house, so she could show Sam and Dean how to get there.

"You could have just sent us the address, and we'd have met you there."

"No, it's best I don't get seen with them. No one can know I'm here. Remember? Besides... I missed you, and wanted to see you first. Before anyone else." She said, as she stood on her tippy toes, and wrapped her arms around his neck. He leaned down just a little so he could kiss her deeply.

"Guys, I'm still here."
Sam said, covering his eyes.

"Then, I guess we'll be right back!" Dean said as he whisked her away up stairs.

About an hour later, they came back down stairs all dressed and ready to go, and finding Sam on the couch playing Black Ops on Jeremy's XBOX one.

"I didn't know you knew how to play?" Dean said.
"Ya. I get bored sometimes. You know, I'm not always doing research."

Dean just hmmm 'd.

"Alright. Let's get the party going. Shall we?" Dean held out his hand to lead Elena to the garage where the Impala was parked, but Elena stopped them, and walked into the kitchen, and pulled down a few glasses. Filling them with scotch.

"I knew there was a reason I loved you."

Dean said, wrapping his arm around her waist and kissing her quickly on the lips.

"You better have more reasons than that, Mr. Winchester!"

"Oh I do. I have many more." And he pulled her close, and kissed her harder. Slowly turning their faces back to Sam as he looked even more uncomfortable than he did before.

"Ya. Ok, we better go before lunch turns into dinner. Caroline hates when people aren't on time."

"You're late!" Caroline yelled as she pointed her finger at Elena, as they walked in the door. Elena held up her hands in a mock-up surrender.

"I give up! Don't shoot!"
She said as she laughed.

Elena, Dean and Sam all sat down at the table as Caroline served everyone. Jeremy, Bonnie, Caroline, Stefan, Sam, Dean and Elena.

"Poor Sammy, always the third wheel."

Elena laughed.

"Hey, I'm perfectly fine being single. No drama."

Elena gave Sam a serious look. Complete with a single eyebrow lift.

"Ok fine, less drama. Better?"

"Ya. Cause I think I speak for everyone when I say there's no such thing, in our lives, as 'no drama'."

Everyone smiled, and ate their food.

After they ate, they all went to the family room. Stefan lit the fire, so the non vampires wouldn't get cold.

"So, Elena. For the main reason we asked you to come."

Elena held Dean's hand so tight. She was so curious what they wanted, but at the same time dreading it because she knew it had to do with Damon.

"As you know, we have Damon down in the cells."
Elena nodded, and Dean had an inquiring look on his face, as he suddenly felt Elena, unknowingly, digging her nails into his knuckles.

"You're the only one that could possibly help us here. We need you to talk to Damon. Try to turn his feelings back on."

Her mouth dropped.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 91 30
Several days Sam and Dean have spent on this one case. Too many unexplained answers. What happens when this case leads to a case of family, forgotten...
151K 3.5K 21
Hello I'm Gabrielle .S. Winchester but you can call me Brie. I'm a young Hunter of the supernatural. I love books, Classic rock, and Hunting. Yes. I...
41.3K 1K 79
Second book from the series She's a Gilbert ||TVD Now she's a Fairchild-Salvatore In which a broken girls has had enough of everyone keeping secrets...
49.5K 1.5K 49
•Book 1- Alive •Book 2- Saved •Book 3 of Alive, Dean & Elena series. If you haven't read the first or second book yet, go read it! Elena and Dean's...