Lost in modern times...

By city_journey

A teenager living in the ancient city of Abdera, left his home to go to the market. In order to reach his des... More

Abderos of Ancient Abdera
A MYSTERIOUS TRAVEL
What happened in Socuellamos - Spain

From Xanthi to Kariotissa

133 1 0
By city_journey

By Kariotissa Junior High School

Abderos was found in Longos of Edessa. It was Spring, everything was blooming and the place was green. In front of him was standing the mountain where Edessa was built. He start walking around and was found in the ruins of ancient Edessa. This place seemed familiar to him. Those buildings reminded his town, Abdera. He was delighted to find remnants of his time, but he was saddened, seeing that only ruins remained. How would he return to his era? Then he stood for a long time admiring the great waterfall of Edessa, Karanos, which had the name of an ancient king. The spectacle was impressive and magnificent.

He started walking. He soon met a modern temple, a monastery where a god that was unknown to him was worshiped. In the monastery there were some women dressed with long black dresses and headscarves. It seemed interesting and strange at the same time.

As he was wandering to the area, an object in the sky drew his attention. But what was this huge fake bird? It was not possible ... A man who was flying with a strange object-vehicle. He stared at him with his mouth open. Soon the young man with the strange winged vehicle landed somewhere nearby. Avderos ran to meet him. They introduced themselves. The young man was called Panayiotis. He was a member of the Edessa air force. Avderos asked Panayiotis to teach him how to fly. Panayiotis suggested to take him to the airfield and fly over Edessa and the surrounding area by glider.

After a while they began to walk in order to go up to Edessa. They first visited the waterfalls park. Avderos approached the great waterfall and Panagiotis suggested to take a selfie there. Avderos did not know what this was. These few days found in the modern era, he had seen and learned so many wonderful things that was stunned. How many miracles he would have told his friends if he managed to return back to his time. He thought, however, that no one would believe him. They would have considered him as mad.

In addition to the waterfalls, they took a long ride to Edessa. They saw the parks, the Byzantine stone bridge, admired the view from the waterfalls and from the high rock. After a while they got hungry. Panagiotis led Avderos to the large pedestrian street where they enjoyed a sweet bougatsa with cream and powdered sugar, mild milk with cocoa, and then they went for a hot chocolate. Avderos could not stop eating as he wanted to taste all these new flavors... In the afternoon they ate a gyros with pie.

For the night they slept at Panagiotis' house near the train station. The next day they went to the airfield and flew with a glider over Edessa and Lake Vegoritida. They admired from above the village of old Agios Athanasios, the imposing mountain Vorras and the wonderful villages with apple and cherry trees. Somewhere up there was the large ski resort of the area. Later, they also flew over the beautiful villages of Aridaia and they saw Loutraki where there were hot springs with medicinal water. At that time there were thousands of visitors in the area. Many were in the open-air pools and they were enjoying the warm waters.

The time was passing. Avderos, though he was excited about everything he saw, began to sadden. He had to return to his time. He could not bear to live anymore in modern times. His mother would be very worried and would be looking for him.

Panayiotis could not find a solution. They thought, however, that they should go to old Pella where was the capital city of ancient Macedonia, the capital of Alexander the Great and his mother Olympias. In Pella, there was a local legend saying something about a gate of time.

Indeed, they took the bus to Thessaloniki and stopped at Pella. They traveled around the place. Avderos felt that he was in a familiar place because the ruins resembled the houses and shops of his city. But they could not find that gate. An archaeologist at the Pella Museum told them that the Romans had transferred many objects to Italy. Probably the gate they were looking for was there.

Thus, Avderos and Panagiotis began a trip to Italy where they would seek this gate of time. Their next destination, then, would be a city in modern Italy, Terni .... A beautiful city that had many waters and waterfall, like the previous cities he met ....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

536K 18.3K 77
Child of the Eldest Gods from the East, Heiress of Earth and Legacy of Stars and Magic, Has the Affinity to Balance the Peace of Nature, Fated Love i...
79K 1.9K 56
Y/n and Luz are best friends who have gone through thick and thin. But this time, they will go through thicker and thinner. They are both considered...
175K 5.5K 200
Author: Su Mengmeng/苏萌萌 Category: Danmei Fiction Status: 250 Chapter (Complete) Introducing: (Main attack, clean body and mind, no children, cool te...
16.8K 743 29
In this story A boy named The same as the protagonist's name in his previous life a Boy named Satoru Mikami is and ordinarily Otaku High schooler H...